Why does everybody hate Gamestop?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lstill01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lstill01
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

Gamestop is vilified for being the evil empire of games, controlling pricing and availability with an iron fist. Many think their top priority is to rip off the customer and see the management team as greedy beyond measure. I want to suggest that this is far from the case, and Gamestop is merely another corporation in the industry we all love.

I will analyze many of the criticisms leveled against the company and explain why they're not fair. I will argue that you can criticize the game industry in general, but singling out Gamestop is unfair and unwarranted. (I realize I'm going to take a lot of crap for this one)

Does Gamestop really rip us off?

The chief complaint I hear from the gaming community is that Gamestop is ripping off customers with their pricing.

"They buy a game from the consumer for pennies on the dollar and then turn around and resell it for only $5 less than a new game. Gamestop isn't like any normal company looking out for their customers and building goodwill, they just want to use you and lose you. They're screwing both the developers and us, the consumer!" Sound familiar?

When we get into real financial statistics, however, it quickly becomes apparent this isn't accurate. Let's compare Gamestop to a company like Apple which has huge customer loyalty and is generally thought of as a company that does 'the right thing,' and has a target demographic that overlaps with Gamestop. Apple's operating margins are 21%. Gamestop? 8%. Apple is making over 2.5x the profit as a percentage of sales in comparison with Gamestop.

[The pictures start here and I couldn't really get them to transfer correctly – so if you're at all interested check out the rest … I go into how Gamestop adds value, how they help out consumers in a couple ways and how there are better targets for us to hate. I just didn't want to spam you guys with a wall of text if you didn't care and just wanted to respond to the headline.] Thoughts?

kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

While there is no gamestop in my country, there is EB (which Is them right), I dislike they give so little money for trade ins, almost feels like they prey on kids when they know they're desperate to get a new big game. I don't go there anymore, there are better stores that are cheaper that do release day delivery

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I think their biggest problems are their trade in values and selling used games as new. I can understand a business wanting a profit, but there's a difference between earning a profit and ripping the customer off while earning a bigger profit. As for their games, if the game is opened, it's not new. Only reason why it's not really being changed is that people don't consider it a big enough problem.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

I think their biggest problems are their trade in values and selling used games as new. I can understand a business wanting a profit, but there's a difference between earning a profit and ripping the customer off while earning a bigger profit. As for their games, if the game is opened, it's not new. Only reason why it's not really being changed is that people don't consider it a big enough problem.

Legendaryscmt
I agree with you. Especially about the fact that some of their policies aren't going to change until people feel that they're too big of a problem. Gamestop has it's uses though. I shop there for some good deals occasionally, but I don't typically trade in anything. Quite simply, if the people don't agree with their trade-in values, don't shop there. No one is forcing you to give them all your games. Once people get tired of being "ripped off" and stop shopping there is when they'll raise their trade-in values.
guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts

I can find most games they sell used on websites / in other stores for a cheaper price new. I like to go there and browse through the games just for fun, but I have never bought a single one because I know I'll always find them cheaper elsewhere. I don't think they're evil, they're just trying to sell overpriced games to uninformed customers. It's not exactly nice but not a crime, either.

iLiveBy2words

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iLiveBy2words
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts

Whenpeople I knoware stupid enough want to sell their games at GameStop, I tell them the prices for the games and say I'll buy the games from them plus like 30% extra. I'm still ripping them off.

GameStop sucks. Period.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I've bought probably somewhere around 100 games from GameStop and I don't plan on stopping until they no longer have Xbox games. I love GameStop. Pre-owned, older games are cheaper there than anywhere else, pretty much. Not to mention they have the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal fairly often. If people don't like their trade-in values, then don't trade the games there. It's pretty simple.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts

Yeah, so basically, people complain about Gamestop just because that's one of the "things" that "true" gamers do. They use the trade-in values and selling of used games as the excuse; but seeing as how they don't force you to trade-in your old games or buy the slightly reduced used games, it's not a big deal. At all.

lstill01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lstill01
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

I guess I just always found it odd ... everybody says 'oh Gamestop rips you off' but I haven't really seen it -their used prices are no worse than anywhere else, their trade in values are no worse than anywhere else if Amazon's new online crap system is any indicator (probably partially because they're so dominant and set the standards, but it's not like anybody has massively undercut them and amde out like a bandit) ...

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

While there is no gamestop in my country, there is EB (which Is them right), I dislike they give so little money for trade ins, almost feels like they prey on kids when they know they're desperate to get a new big game. I don't go there anymore, there are better stores that are cheaper that do release day delivery

kate_jones

Yup. They give $1-$3 for some games and resell them for $20-$25.

CaptainHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 CaptainHarley
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

complainers = player haters

A_Mobile_Doll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 A_Mobile_Doll
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

I don't hate Gamestop.

Its just that I can usually find a better deal elsewhere like Amazon.com.

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 ShenlongBo
Member since 2004 • 3800 Posts

If I buy a game from GameStop, open it right there at the counter, suddenly decide I don't want it, and ask for my money back, the best I can get is a trade-in (unless I'm cool with the managers... which I am... but that's not the point).

By comparison, a GameStop employee can take a brand-new game home, open it there, play it for three days, and then bring it back to the store where it will be sold as "new."

If that's not an example of hosing the customer, I don't know what is.

GameStop is also annoying because of how they constantly badger customers for pre-orders and subscriptions. Newsflash: we don't need to "reserve" a copy of ****ing Madden. There is going to be no shortage of Madden this year. Savvy people like me realize that when we pre-order games, more often than not all we're doing is contributing $5 to a giant ball of money that the corporation gets to stow away in a bank and build interest on. I believe in giving value for value, and I'm sorry, but I see none there for me.

Think GameStop's not interested in fleecing customers? How about the latest trend of having to pre-order games in order to play demos? When it comes to the prices for used vs. new games, trade-ins, and so on, all I can do is shrug. The right price for any product is whatever the customer is willing to pay. As long as people keep going for it - as long as they refuse to look to the competition - I won't hold the price situation against GameStop. In fact, I won't hold any of it against them. There are people out there who don't mind getting shafted and used, so I say they should do what they can with those people. Just know that, except in extraordinary circumstances, I'm not one of'em.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

A few of their policies and the general bad attitude of the register biscuits have ensured that I'll only go there as a last resort and that I'll usually regret it when I do.

LiquidClear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LiquidClear
Member since 2008 • 356 Posts

The previously mentioned reasons are all probably true, but my biggest beefs are:

1.) Selling used games as new

2.) They don't check to see if used trade-ins work before reselling them. In the past I bought used stuff all the time, and the used items had a legitimate 50% success rate (this includes a Nintendo DS and a PlayStation back in the day that both didn't work). They let you return it, but it's just annoying, especially if you ordered it online.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dire_Weasel

Newsflash: we don't need to "reserve" a copy of ****ing Madden. There is going to be no shortage of Madden this year. Savvy people like me realize that when we pre-order games, more often than not all we're doing is contributing $5 to a giant ball of money that the corporation gets to stow away in a bank and build interest on. I believe in giving value for value, and I'm sorry, but I see none there for me.

ShenlongBo

Absolutely true. There's no need to pre-order a giant release like Madden, or Halo, or Call of Duty, every big-box store in the state will have pallets of them available.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 muthsera666
GameStop is also annoying because of how they constantly badger customers for pre-orders and subscriptions.ShenlongBo
Both of the times I've been asked, I just said no. It was never a big deal at any of the dozen or so GameStops I've been to.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

The only real problem that I have with Gamestop/EB is their practice of opening up new games so they can stick the boxes up on the shelves. As far as I'm concerned this should be illegal and abolished. I can't think of anyplace or any product where selling already opened product to the consumer as new is considered an acceptable practice.

MKBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MKBound
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts

"Quite simply, if the people don't agree with their trade-in values, don't shop there."

Easier said than done, what happens if its the only gaming store in your city? Like it is here for me? I am not supposed to buy games anymore? Like hell, I have to a right to ***** about their trade in prices. Its freaking ridiculous, prime example....I went to trade in Little Kings Story. EB offered $10.50 for it when it was almost a $60 dollar game...yeah if that's not ripping people off, then I don't know what is. Another example is Valhalla Knights(but I am definitely not trading this one in) it is only 12.00 and its a 50 dollar game. So yeah I think I have earned the right to ***** about their trade in policy.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 muthsera666
[QUOTE="MKBound"]

"Quite simply, if the people don't agree with their trade-in values, don't shop there."

Easier said than done, what happens if its the only gaming store in your city? Like it is here for me? I am not supposed to buy games anymore? Like hell, I have to a right to ***** about their trade in prices. Its freaking ridiculous, prime example....I went to trade in Little Kings Story. EB offered $10.50 for it when it was almost a $60 dollar game...yeah if that's not ripping people off, then I don't know what is. Another example is Valhalla Knights(but I am definitely not trading this one in) it is only 12.00 and its a 50 dollar game. So yeah I think I have earned the right to ***** about their trade in policy.

Why do you feel you have the need to trade the game in? Couldn't you choose to sell it online?
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="ShenlongBo"]

Newsflash: we don't need to "reserve" a copy of ****ing Madden. There is going to be no shortage of Madden this year. Savvy people like me realize that when we pre-order games, more often than not all we're doing is contributing $5 to a giant ball of money that the corporation gets to stow away in a bank and build interest on. I believe in giving value for value, and I'm sorry, but I see none there for me.

Dire_Weasel

Absolutely true. There's no need to pre-order a giant release like Madden, or Halo, or Call of Duty, every big-box store in the state will have pallets of them available.

Actually, even if you don't pre-order one of those big titles, chances are that it would sell out very quickly before you know it. That's why it's important to reserve a copy of the game. That way, you don't have to worry whether or not the game is in stock and ready to buy.
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

My GameStop has nice employees and they often don't try to rip us off.

We've been there so many times they recognize us now. lol

Avatar image for mdlinkmariosora
mdlinkmariosora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 mdlinkmariosora
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts
I agree with some that Gamestop is not as bad as its put out to be. Although, the problem is that trade-in values and buy back values are terrible. I have Jak and Daxter and i recently decided to go to gamestop to trade or give back. Guess What!!! $.99 for buy back and $2 trade value, yet they're selling it for $10.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I only have one problem with Gamestop.

They are in the business of selling used games and they always tell you that these used games are in good condition and should work OK on your system.

But everytime I bought myself a used copy, the CD is way too scratched and when it is played on my system, it freezes up the system. I rented a used copy of Call Of Duty 3 for the XB360 and not only did it freeze up my system, but I received an RROD because of it. Made me angry to no end. Thus, my experience with used games have been bad ones and I don't trust them to begin with (the used copies or GS's policy on that).

Other than that, they're fine with me. I'm friends with the Gamestop employees and am a regular over there, so their business with me is great. No qualms on my end!

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muthsera666
[QUOTE="Metamania"]

I only have one problem with Gamestop.

They are in the business of selling used games and they always tell you that these used games are in good condition and should work OK on your system.

But everytime I bought myself a used copy, the CD is way too scratched and when it is played on my system, it freezes up the system. I rented a used copy of Call Of Duty 3 for the XB360 and not only did it freeze up my system, but I received an RROD because of it. Made me angry to no end. Thus, my experience with used games have been bad ones and I don't trust them to begin with (the used copies or GS's policy on that).

Other than that, they're fine with me. I'm friends with the Gamestop employees and am a regular over there, so their business with me is great. No qualms on my end!

I've gotten over 100 used games, and I've only had problems with about three.
justhat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 justhat1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

the bottom line is this knowledge is the key with the internent and various other outlets gamestop is not the holy grail of video game stores if u disagree with thier bottom line shop elseware

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Stickers! It's like they have a gluey sticker fetish and feel the need to plaster them not once, not twice, but multiple stickers on top of more stickers all over the gamebox or gba cartridge lol.

Other than that I like GameStop online.

cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 cheynz
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

There fine to me, I have had no problems as a, almost year now, member

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#30 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
well they hired me for a bit so thats a huge turnoff =P
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Although I know Gamestop is rip off but I still buy games and trade in my used games there. I tried to trade in my games at Amazon but they're far worse than Gamestop.

- The only thing I hate about Gamestop is some stores have bad employees (they're rude). But many stores have very nice and frindly employees (like the store at corner of Sunset @ Vine in Hollywood)

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I don't think GS's trade values are anything more than a vendor trying to protect themselves. If they bought all your crappy games at the price you wanted, what happens if they got stuck with them? I don't mind the mark-up because I know they're the ones shouldering all the risk by purchasing the game I don't want anymore. If I have problem with what they're offering, sell it online. To me, it's a service. Moaning about not getting what you want from their Trade-in policy as recompense when it's perfectly easy in this day and age to sell things online is just laziness.

Also..EVERY store badgers people about their memberships...EVERY store. Difference is, GS's membership gets me 10% off used games (which means I make back the fee in about two purchases)and a year of GI, meanwhile I'm just struggling to recoup my investment at Barnes and Noble. Also with pre-orders...i guarantee you there's a bunch of people out there wishing they had preordered Demon's Souls..my local GS can't even get any copies. Pre-ordering is also a nice option, but I agree that with some games it's unnecessary, but Atlus games are a huge exception. And they take $5 deposits because your word doesn't pay the bills...they don't want to miss a sale because they're holding a copy for someone who decides later he doesn't want the game afterall.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dire_Weasel

[QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

[QUOTE="ShenlongBo"]

Metamania

Actually, even if you don't pre-order one of those big titles, chances are that it would sell out very quickly before you know it. That's why it's important to reserve a copy of the game. That way, you don't have to worry whether or not the game is in stock and ready to buy.

No, sir, you've got it wrong. Day one, every big box store has pallets of a big-release game. If you want your game to be a million seller, you have to make sure you get enough product to retail. Gamestop, of course, won't sell you a copy without a pre-order, but that's their policy, and another good reason not to shop there.

If you're looking for a small-release Altus game, a pre-order is a good idea but you're kidding yourself if you think Madden or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is going to be hard to find on release day.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

I hate Game Stop because I have am 6'0 tall, have a full beard and am 20 years old and yet I still get carded for teen rated games. It's completely insanse. they will take my trade ins without my ID, let me reserve games without my ID, but won't let me buy games without my ID?

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Actually, even if you don't pre-order one of those big titles, chances are that it would sell out very quickly before you know it. That's why it's important to reserve a copy of the game. That way, you don't have to worry whether or not the game is in stock and ready to buy. Metamania

Time flies before you know it. Ever heard of 'waiting'? Everyone has to do it in life, why is it so damn important for you to get the latest titles the second the doors open? I've seen all the footage of such events, and it actually disgusts me to know that people are willing to physically harm someone over a game that will be continued to be sold weeks, months and years after it's release.

Seriously, if it's going to kill you just because you can't get a new copy of Madden or MW2 at release date, you need to see a psychiatrist. Especially when such titles will be EVERYWHERE on release date, not just in one store.

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dragonblade01

Why are some of you so bent out of shape about pre-orders? So what if they ask you? Has your brain denied you the ability to say "no"? If you want to get the game, why not pre-order it? I don't see how some of you are portraying it like it's a bad thing. Even if you "have to" pre-order big name titles to get a copy from gamestop (which, by the way, only applies for a day-one release/first shipment); if you were planning on getting it that early, you might as well reserve it in advance.

Also, I've bought quite a few used games from gamestop (hey, five bucks off is five bucks off) and have had zero problems with all of them.

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

Why are some of you so bent out of shape about pre-orders? So what if they ask you? Has your brain denied you the ability to say "no"? If you want to get the game, why not pre-order it? I don't see how some of you are portraying it like it's a bad thing. Even if you "have to" pre-order big name titles to get a copy from gamestop (which, by the way, only applies for a day-one release/first shipment); if you were planning on getting it that early, you might as well reserve it in advance.

Also, I've bought quite a few used games from gamestop (hey, five bucks off is five bucks off) and have had zero problems with all of them.

Dragonblade01

Bah, but when I am asked five times in the process of buying a game. Its not do you have any games you would like to pre order its. Do you wanna pre order, dragon age? No, modern warfare, no, madden no, this no. Stop can I just buy my game there is a line behind me and I am sure they would like to get service faster. If i had a game I wanted to pre order that would be cool. Since I only pre order for pre order specials they could put up a nifty banner that says hey, pre order here and you get this for these up coming games. Cool.

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShenlongBo

[QUOTE="ShenlongBo"]GameStop is also annoying because of how they constantly badger customers for pre-orders and subscriptions.muthsera666
Both of the times I've been asked, I just said no. It was never a big deal at any of the dozen or so GameStops I've been to.

Right on. I have no problem with that at all. It's not always the case for me around, here, mind you, but all the same. If your store is cooler about it, then yeah, that's that.

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShenlongBo

So, I had to get a couple tires replaced today, and there happens to be a GameStop near the service center, so I went in. Check out this, eh?

GRID. $26.99 used, $19.99 brand spankin' new. 'Nuff said.

After I found this gem, I went against my own convictions and decided to buy Knights in the Nightmare new. Wouldn't you know it, the young guy you see there in the background brought me the only "new" copy they had in the store... and it had been opened. Wow.

I admit it. I am part of the problem. That doesn't mean GameStop doesn't suck.

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

So, I had to get a couple tires replaced today, and there happens to be a GameStop near the service center, so I went in. Check out this, eh?

GRID. $26.99 used, $19.99 brand spankin' new. 'Nuff said.

After I found this gem, I went against my own convictions and decided to buy Knights in the Nightmare new. Wouldn't you know it, the young guy you see there in the background brought me the only "new" copy they had in the store... and it had been opened. Wow.

I admit it. I am part of the problem. That doesn't mean GameStop doesn't suck.

ShenlongBo

Ooo congrats Knights in the Nightmare is an awesome game

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 Iceman8012
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts

Legendaryscmt
Gutted copies aren't used. I am just tired of hearing that stupid excuse. It is ok to sell an "opened game" new. NO ONE HAS USED IT! Yes I do know of the rule they have for checking out games and how they are technically used (I used to work at a Gamestop). If the game doesn't look like it is brand spanking new then the employee has the payment of the game docked off of his or her pay, or they pay up front for the game. It isn't like the game is covered in dirt and scratches. It is almost like it wasn't ever used in the first place. I don't know about you, but I don't need that fuzzy feeling that no one has touched my disc outside of the assembly line.
HotRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HotRevolver
Member since 2009 • 532 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Iceman8012

Gutted copies aren't used. I am just tired of hearing that stupid excuse. It is ok to sell an "opened game" new. NO ONE HAS USED IT! Yes I do know of the rule they have for checking out games and how they are technically used (I used to work at a Gamestop). If the game doesn't look like it is brand spanking new then the employee has the payment of the game docked off of his or her pay, or they pay up front for the game. It isn't like the game is covered in dirt and scratches. It is almost like it wasn't ever used in the first place. I don't know about you, but I don't need that fuzzy feeling that no one has touched my disc outside of the assembly line.

QFT. If the game has no scratches, I don't care if the seal has been broken. Same goes for used, could care less.

I shop at Gamestop all the time, and for the most part, I really like the place. Nice employees (at least in my area) who typically know what they're talking about (even the three girls that work at mine). I trade in games every once in awhile, and not once have I actually paid for an Edge card, it's always been given to free to me.

Trade-ins can earn you a good amount of money if you look up the promotions they're running. Example, I traded in 6 games yesterday:

God of War

God of War 2

Punchout!!

Mario Kart Wii

Burnout Paradise

The Conduit

I never played any of those, but because they had a promotion where if you traded in any 4 360/PS3/Wii games, I got an extra $20. Since I put it all towards Modern Warfare 2 I got an additional 25%, and since they signed me up for the Edge card (which ended up being free...) that's another additional 10%. In total I got $117.66. Pretty damn good deal for games I never really played and was never GOING to paly.

And trade-ins is all about supply and demand. They're not going to give you $20 for Madden 2005 when they have thousands of them sitting on the shelves. Doesn't makes sense from an economical standpoint.

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShenlongBo

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Iceman8012

Does any of this apply if I, as a customer, open a game in the store, and then decide I don't want it after all?

Didn't think so.

ACAClA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ACAClA
Member since 2008 • 1186 Posts

i hate gamestop because they will give you 20 bucks for a decent game then sell it for 55.

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

gamestop aint that bad, their used games and trade in values are crap, but at least they have a huge game selection. The used games that I bought never had scratches on them

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

gamestop aint that bad, their used games and trade in values are crap, but at least they have a huge game selection. The used games that I bought never had scratches on them.

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dragonblade01

i hate gamestop because they will give you 20 bucks for a decent game then sell it for 55.

ACAClA

What do you want them to do? Sell it for the same and break even (used game-wise).

HipnotiKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HipnotiKal
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

i just remember this one fat girl that worked there would piss me off. i NEVER buy used games. if i'm buying a video game i want to know i am the first person to play it.

anyways i remember going to gamestop on 2 different occasions and both times i already had a game in mind that i wanted to purchase. i would walk up and say "hi i want to buy _____" i would then get hounded by attempts to buy the used version for... get this... 5 DOLLARS LESS. WOW what a bargain. i remember this fat chick was like "it's 5 bucks cheaper" and i responded with "no thanks, it's not worth it, i want it new" and she was like "5 bucks, that's like a whole meal yo" and all i could think was i bet it takes more than 5 bucks to feed your fat ass...

i remember this happening on 2 different occasions with the same fat chick literally hounding me. it's one thing to kindly offer "we have it used for ___ bucks cheaper" but once i respond with a polite "no thanks i want it new" that should be the end of it. don't try to talk me into it like some kind of used car salesman.

ever since then i never buy games there. i buy all my games on newegg and sometimes amazon, which is cheaper anyways most of the time.

MKBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MKBound
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="MKBound"]

muthsera666

Why do you feel you have the need to trade the game in? Couldn't you choose to sell it online?

Nope don't do online crap....too many bad experiences with that. But thanks for asking.