Why are people hating on the Black Ops 2 reveal trailer?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UnchartedZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UnchartedZone
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts

I didn't get MW3 last year because like many other people, I thought the franchise was getting stale and it looked too similar to previous MW games. Plus, there were so many other great games last year. But I just saw the new BO2 trailer and while I'm not completely sold yet, it looks like they're headed in the right direction. They're finally changing something and the game looks completely different. Also, an article on IGN said they're planning on making the missions less linear, with branching paths and some missions where you can switch between different unit types like in Battlefield: Modern Combat if anyone ever played that game. Anyway, I saw that this trailer's like bar on YouTube was about 1/3 red, and I was wondering why. In the comments section, people are saying "It's just a coat of paint, but the gameplay's going to be the same. I don't see why you guys are getting a hard on when you saw the horses." Well, of course the gameplay will remain largely the same! I think we should give Treyarch a fair chance.

So far, it's not a day 1 purchase for me, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

Because it's "cool" to do so.

manjam2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 manjam2
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

People are dumb sometimes. Personally, I won't be buying any more Call Of Duty games! However, I won't be going onto Youtube and saying "This game sucks!". They should wait for the game to be released for them to make large assumptions.

brendan1454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 brendan1454
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
They probably don't like the game because there bad at it or it's just getting old
manjam2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 manjam2
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

Thinking a game is dumb is one thing, Expressing it in a highly negative way is another.

brendan1454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brendan1454
Yes I for one might consider getting it but there's always flaws so I'll wait till I see ratings before getting it
keybladegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 keybladegamer
Member since 2011 • 516 Posts

One of the main reasons people are hating on the black ops 2 trailer, is because they hate the COD franchise in general. One of the top complaints given is how the game's graphics have essentially stagnated over the course of this gen, and how the developers are using the same engine they have used since around 2007.The second major complaint is this game will be a "DLC pack" which references the fact that the game has not made any major advances in game design nor does it come up with an especially long campaign, and focuses on somewhat small changes to the Multiplayer and making new maps. Also, amongst the "hardcore elite too good for the mainstream" gamers, it has also become "cool" to hate on COD regardless of how many positive changes they make to the next game.

To be honest, I'm actually looking forward to Black Ops 2 because I see it as taking the series in a different direction than it normally has been. I look forward to the return of zombies, combat training, a new setting, and an action-packed campaign with a mildly interesting storyline.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
because people are still under the impression that hating things that are popular is cool
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
Because cod is overrated
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I hated on it cos of the horrible dialogie and the God awful Horse chase scene.

"Look we're in the future now with CoD" and then they show a stupid horse chase scene like Uncharted 3.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

My interest is peaked. Sounds like they are going for something different instead of the same.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with the horse chasing scene, except that it looks awkward as all hell, especially in first-person view.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

The tech (mechs) are forgettable, and there were no interesting set pieces like there were in MW2 and MW3. Plus there doesn't seem to be anything special about the story. MW was about WW3 which is an interesting subject.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#13 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

"Look we're in the future now with CoD" and then they show a stupid horse chase scene like Uncharted 3.

seanmcloughlin
That kinda hit me too. Why would they be riding horses when they have frickin ROBOTS?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

That kinda hit me too. Why would they be riding horses when they have frickin ROBOTS?

Exactly. They go out of their way to show how it's in the future in any interviews and trailers for the games and then suddenly they're on horses. Can't wait to see the reason as to why in the game

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

seanmcloughlin

For a second I thought you were parodying COD haters because of your awful spelling. Turns out you weren't. Shame. By the way the parts with the horses are the parts of the game set in the 1980s. Most of the game is set in the future but there are times in the story where you're playing in the 1980s. Horse gameplay will only feature in those sections.

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

seanmcloughlin

It has branching storylines.

It's occasionally a real-time strategy game.

Multiplayer is designed with old school e-sports mechanics and matchmaking in mind.

Yet because it has Call of Duty it must still be the same old thing, right guys?

UnchartedZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UnchartedZone
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts

seanmcloughlin

It's been announced that the campaign will take place in the 1980s and 2025, so the horse scene probably took place in the past.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

UnchartedZone

It's been announced that the campaign will take place in the 1980s and 2025, so the horse scene probably took place in the past.

I had not known that at the time of watching the trailer so that's why it felt VERY out of place to me

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Because they think hating the most popular franchise of the decade makes them look gangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Because they think hating the most popular franchise of the decade makes them look gangstaBlack_Knight_00

That's like saying people hate on Twilight because it's popular and it makes people look cool to do so.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Because they think hating the most popular franchise of the decade makes them look gangstaseanmcloughlin

That's like saying people hate on Twilight because it's popular and it makes people look cool to do so.

Are you really comparing Call of Duty and Twilight? That's low, even by your standards :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Because they think hating the most popular franchise of the decade makes them look gangstaBlack_Knight_00

Are you really comparing Call of Duty and Twilight? That's low, even by your standards :P

The products aren't the same but the methods of justifying the hate associated with them are the same.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts

lol at all the people saying people hate the cod franchise just because it's cool to hate. Since when could people not hate things? Just because something is popular doesn't mean all the haters hate it because it's popular. If anything hating on people that hate popular things seems to be the new trend so stop trying to be hip you hater haters.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Because they like to play sequels which pump out less content than cod
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i actually wnat it to get more hate.. moar hate means less buyers, which means activision will stop milking it, which means i get to here bobby kotick act like an idiot again which means i will get to lolz hard again. rememebr the scene he made when he canned guitar hero LOL

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

The products aren't the same but the methods of justifying the hate associated with them are the same.

For the record: Twilight is the best comedy movie in years
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Are you really comparing Call of Duty and Twilight? That's low, even by your standards :P

Black_Knight_00

For the record: Twilight is the best comedy movie in years

Twilight is a movie about a girl & 2 obssesive, agressive stalkers ( Edward & Jacob )

I cannot believe teenage girls cannot see this & are even allowed to watch these horror movies. If this movie were to play out in real life Jacob & Edward would be thrown in jail, & on trial for being stalkers.

People need to take a closer look at those movies to see it for what it really is.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Because they think hating the most popular franchise of the decade makes them look gangstaseanmcloughlin

That is so wrong whatever way you look at it. Comparing COD to Twilight either means you're saying COD is absolutely terrible or that Twilight is good. Either way that's just wrong. The difference between COD and Twilight is that COD is actually good. People can argue about milkage and all that kind of stuff about COD, but anyone who says the games are bad simply cannot be taken seriously. At all.

king_cailan90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 king_cailan90
i can tell you why people are hating on the Black Ops 2 trailer. its because it just looks poor and let me tell you why. Dont know how many of you played COD 4 aka MW1 but when that game came out it brought something new to the table something that had never been done/ looked so good at the same time, it was fresh...man vs man. the type of online game you live to play. but if you compair that the mw 2 and differences in that, this was the beginning of there down fall! WHY because they took away from what COD is, which is MAN vs MAN, GUN vs GUN and turned it in to kill streak vs kill streak! in MW2 you spend more time looking to the sky then looking for people and this got worse as the COD went on! also during the story of MW1 you felt like you was special forces, get in get out none of this MW2, MW3 crazyness of shooting up a whole city! the point i making is they have pulled away from what makes Call Of Duty such a good game and thats one man and his gun!!! now if we look at the Black Ops Trailer, if i made you watch that with out you know what is was, i tell you know you would not have been =o Call Of Duty or Black Op you would have been like what is this game, it look way over the top and stupid and this is why people dislike it and not because 'its cool' who on this earth thinks like that!!! also why move to the future and make it look bad at the same time, if you look at Ghost Recon Future Soldier, that game makes you feel like your special forces in the future and looks good while doing it!!! i personally believe that COD has gone way over the top, to try and pull in the customer and people are not think bout it, like me for explan...i picked up MW3 day it came out played it for about 2-3 weeks and never touched it again!!!! but at the end of the day this is the route COD is taken and one day people will have enough, you just got to decide when your have.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#30 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

We had games like this on PC back in the day that were free. They were called 'mods.'

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Because they think hating the most popular franchise of the decade makes them look gangstaburgeg

That is so wrong whatever way you look at it. Comparing COD to Twilight either means you're saying COD is absolutely terrible or that Twilight is good. Either way that's just wrong. The difference between COD and Twilight is that COD is actually good. People can argue about milkage and all that kind of stuff about COD, but anyone who says the games are bad simply cannot be taken seriously. At all.

Yeah, they hate CoD cause it's CoD, not because it's bad. No one can honestly say any CoD is a bad game and provide valid reasons why.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="UnchartedZone"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

I had not known that at the time of watching the trailer so that's why it felt VERY out of place to me

I was thinking it would still be out of place, even if it was in the 1980s, but in foreign countries, horseback riding was the primary way of traveling from place to place, so I realized that it still fits. Part of the campaign will probably happen in Afganistan in the 80s or somewhere back then, so it's understandable. If was happening during the year 2025, then absolutely it would feel out of place!

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
hmm..I'm intrigued. I skipped MW3 after I saw how poorly made it was. But I just heard Mark Lamia say "Zombies" and "branching storylines, new non-linear gameplay", which is a marked departure from the standard COD formula. So from the trailer, it really does look promising. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ougfp1BmuSQ I can definitely say that I will at least rent it, however, I reserve judgement for the quality of the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Black_Knight_00

Yeah, they hate CoD cause it's CoD, not because it's bad. No one can honestly say any CoD is a bad game and provide valid reasons why.

I don't hate CoD just for the sake of it. And yes despite what you may think some of it IS bad. You have heard it all before though. Most games get a lot of criticism for looking dated and reusing the same stuff over and over like the assassin's creed series got sh!t for it. Every other game has their visuals marked hard in a review but somehow CoD manages to still get very high marks for its visuals, you don't think there is anything fishy about that at all?

when MW2 released they said that the engine was getting old and looking dated yet they still get high marks from reviewers every year for the exact same looking engine.Any other franchise would get crippled for it. In fact saying that we hate it just cos it's CoD can almost be said for reviewers and fans saying "You only love it because it's CoD" and it still rings true. You also might think it's still a really good game but I find the campaigns to be shallow and weak and have the story and motives of a very bad action movie. Sure it might be fun in places but so much of it is mindless and there for the sake of it. Explosions everywhere, blowing up the eiffel tower because they can, killing a little girl to try and get me to feel something I was never going to feel but disgust. Despite what the majority always say the campaigns aren't all that good. Albeit, Treyarch's BLOPS campaigns are usually a little better

Also the audio in the games is horrific to listen to. You play a game like Crysis 2, BF3, ME3 or any of them and you can see what can be done with audio in games if you just TRY to capture realistic sounds. But the guys at CoD don't put in that extra effort to make the game at least sound good. Their guns and effects sound so extremely artificial, the guns sounds like staplers and explosions sound so compressed and very weak.

But that's the feeling I get from CoD all the time that it's the devs putting in barely any effort technologically and putting out the same base assets over and over and it feels like they are just out to get your money. Doesn't feel like they care about the fans that much just their wallets. They have never given anything away for free and their games are still retail price months after release.

And lastly I don't like how they disjoint their multiplayer community. I remember playing MW2 and having fun with my friends and the BLOPS came out and everyone just moved onto that, then suddenly the year after MW3 came out and everyone moved onto that. Now they are charging huge prices for map packs when they will just release BLOPS 2 soon and disjoint the community even more because everyone will just move onto that. So you have the majority changing games every year and a sparse collection of people spread out all over the place on the older games.

I know a lot of my gripes can be called personal or whatever but I'm showing that I don't just simply hate CoD because it's CoD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59b71619573a1

hmm..I'm intrigued. I skipped MW3 after I saw how poorly made it was. But I just heard Mark Lamia say "Zombies" and "branching storylines, new non-linear gameplay", which is a marked departure from the standard COD formula. So from the trailer, it really does look promising. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ougfp1BmuSQ I can definitely say that I will at least rent it, however, I reserve judgement for the quality of the game.DeX2010

I will say that I am also pleased to hear they are at least trying something new with this. But I will wait and see how much of it is PR talk and how well it actually works in the game. No point having branching story lines if they don't have different outcomes or consequences etc.

Also only CoD could say Zombies and have everyone love it. The mere mention of Zombies in any other game and people say "Ugh not fvcking zombies they are so overdone and played out already"

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="DeX2010"]hmm..I'm intrigued. I skipped MW3 after I saw how poorly made it was. But I just heard Mark Lamia say "Zombies" and "branching storylines, new non-linear gameplay", which is a marked departure from the standard COD formula. So from the trailer, it really does look promising. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ougfp1BmuSQ I can definitely say that I will at least rent it, however, I reserve judgement for the quality of the game.seanmcloughlin

I will say that I am also pleased to hear they are at least trying something new with this. But I will wait and see how much of it is PR talk and how well it actually works in the game. No point having branching story lines if they don't have different outcomes or consequences etc.

Also only CoD could say Zombies and have everyone love it. The mere mention of Zombies in any other game and people say "Ugh not fvcking zombies they are so overdone and played out already"

Apparently they do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKiwJi44CgY You can pick missions, which can create different outcomes. However you are right in the sense that this is all Treyarch PR playing the game up. We're going to have to wait for independent people playing the game - not journalists, I've realised they tend to hype up games that they really shouldn't.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Just to point something out, every game franchise has the problem of fragmenting the online community. This is true because you'll alway have die hards that want to stick with the older versions. This is true of Halo, Forza Motorsport, Assassins Creed, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="DeX2010"]hmm..I'm intrigued. I skipped MW3 after I saw how poorly made it was. But I just heard Mark Lamia say "Zombies" and "branching storylines, new non-linear gameplay", which is a marked departure from the standard COD formula. So from the trailer, it really does look promising. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ougfp1BmuSQ I can definitely say that I will at least rent it, however, I reserve judgement for the quality of the game.DeX2010

Apparently they do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKiwJi44CgY You can pick missions, which can create different outcomes. However you are right in the sense that this is all Treyarch PR playing the game up. We're going to have to wait for independent people playing the game - not journalists, I've realised they tend to hype up games that they really shouldn't.

If it actually plays out like that then it's pretty cool and a good step forward for the franchise.

And yes I never listen to what the media or the devs say about the games. Even in most reviews either I don't listen because you never know if money was given to make it sound better or if it's all PR stuff. For any game that is not just CoD

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Exactly. They go out of their way to show how it's in the future in any interviews and trailers for the games and then suddenly they're on horses. Can't wait to see the reason as to why in the game

well if you payed any attention to the trailer you would understand that the tech has been taken over by the enemy therefor unusable by "us"
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Because people like to hate whatever it's popular. I kinda liked it, I mean at least it's not 100% about Modern Warfare. Future war is cool too. It has that BF 2142 look.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Black_Knight_00
I don't hate CoD just for the sake of it. And yes despite what you may think some of it IS bad. You have heard it all before though. Most games get a lot of criticism for looking dated and reusing the same stuff over and over like the assassin's creed series got sh!t for it. Every other game has their visuals marked hard in a review but somehow CoD manages to still get very high marks for its visuals, you don't think there is anything fishy about that at all?

when MW2 released they said that the engine was getting old and looking dated yet they still get high marks from reviewers every year for the exact same looking engine.Any other franchise would get crippled for it. In fact saying that we hate it just cos it's CoD can almost be said for reviewers and fans saying "You only love it because it's CoD" and it still rings true. You also might think it's still a really good game but I find the campaigns to be shallow and weak and have the story and motives of a very bad action movie. Sure it might be fun in places but so much of it is mindless and there for the sake of it. Explosions everywhere, blowing up the eiffel tower because they can, killing a little girl to try and get me to feel something I was never going to feel but disgust. Despite what the majority always say the campaigns aren't all that good. Albeit, Treyarch's BLOPS campaigns are usually a little better

Also the audio in the games is horrific to listen to. You play a game like Crysis 2, BF3, ME3 or any of them and you can see what can be done with audio in games if you just TRY to capture realistic sounds. But the guys at CoD don't put in that extra effort to make the game at least sound good. Their guns and effects sound so extremely artificial, the guns sounds like staplers and explosions sound so compressed and very weak.

But that's the feeling I get from CoD all the time that it's the devs putting in barely any effort technologically and putting out the same base assets over and over and it feels like they are just out to get your money. Doesn't feel like they care about the fans that much just their wallets. They have never given anything away for free and their games are still retail price months after release.

And lastly I don't like how they disjoint their multiplayer community. I remember playing MW2 and having fun with my friends and the BLOPS came out and everyone just moved onto that, then suddenly the year after MW3 came out and everyone moved onto that. Now they are charging huge prices for map packs when they will just release BLOPS 2 soon and disjoint the community even more because everyone will just move onto that. So you have the majority changing games every year and a sparse collection of people spread out all over the place on the older games.

I know a lot of my gripes can be called personal or whatever but I'm showing that I don't just simply hate CoD because it's CoD.

seanmcloughlin
Ok, but none of those reasons make it a bad game. It's still a great game that many people don't like. As you said, it's all a matter of personal taste. I'll elaborate my previous statement: people hate CoD for two reasons: 1. It comes out every year and sells twice/three times as much as the second best selling game 2. Its fanbase is mostly awful, considering all the kids, morons, racists and douchebags flock to it like moths to a lamp (still not as bad as Gears btw) That said, I'll agree any day that the multiplayer has gotten old as sh*t and needs a complete redesign, but I'll never agree that the campaigns are bad: they are incredibly kinetic and brutal, though they do have their dumb moments they're mostly polished to a mirror shine and are still better than what 99,9% of the other military shooters have on offer, single player-wise. I'll never agree on the sound design either: maybe the PC version uses low sampling or something, but the console version is outstanding under every point of view: music, effects, voice acting. Lastly, graphics: who cares? I don't play games for graphics (that's why I'm on consoles and not PC). Face it, multiplayer aside we'll never agree on CoD ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Ok, but none of those reasons make it a bad game. It's still a great game that many people don't like. As you said, it's all a matter of personal taste. I'll elaborate my previous statement: people hate CoD for two reasons: 1. It comes out every year and sells twice/three times as much as the second best selling game 2. Its fanbase is mostly awful, considering all the kids, morons, racists and douchebags flock to it like moths to a lamp (still not as bad as Gears btw) That said, I'll agree any day that the multiplayer has gotten old as sh*t and needs a complete redesign, but I'll never agree that the campaigns are bad: they are incredibly kinetic and brutal, though they do have their dumb moments they're mostly polished to a mirror shine and are still better than what 99,9% of the other military shooters have on offer, single player-wise. I'll never agree on the sound design either: maybe the PC version uses low sampling or something, but the console version is outstanding under every point of view: music, effects, voice acting. Lastly, graphics: who cares? I don't play games for graphics (that's why I'm on consoles and not PC). Face it, multiplayer aside we'll never agree on CoD ;)Black_Knight_00

I guess not :P

I hate to compare the two because I actually think they're quite different but the sound of something like BF3 (effects wise not dialogue, music or voice acting) is another level above something CoD does. When you play BF3 and then go back to CoD it sounds like sh!t. Most games do. It's then you realise how lazy the sound design is in most games. You can hear how cheap the guns sound in CoD and you can tell that they're all digitally made instead of capturing real sounds.

And I like my games to sound good as much as look and play good. Considering the sheer amount of money they take in it feels lazy to not bump the audio and visuals more. That's coming back to the whole cash grab mentality I have about CoD. Like they skate by on so many things that need to be better in a 2012 game but the refuse because it would take too long to do and they need to keep making them every year.

Also people said BF3 has awesome MP but a horrible campaign that was very generic and it drags the overall game down. But you're saying the MP is very old in CoD and needs a total redesign but the campaign is excellent so couldn't you concede that CoD has a lack of overall quality then? :P

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Black_Knight_00
And I like my games to sound good as much as look and play good. Considering the sheer amount of money they take in it feels lazy to not bump the audio and visuals more. That's coming back to the whole cash grab mentality I have about CoD. Like they skate by on so many things that need to be better in a 2012 game but the refuse because it would take too long to do and they need to keep making them every year.seanmcloughlin
Keep in mind that CoD runs at a steady 60fps, as opposed to the average 30 of most games. Some graphical quality has to be sacrificed to achieve such fluidity. Also, no, I don't like what CoD multiplayer has become, but at its core it's still one of the best multiplayers out there, just ruined by how unbalanced it has become. Add to that a fantastic campaign and we have quite a package. There's one more thing to consider: while it's true that there's a CoD every year, don't forget that they're made by two different teams and each game has a 2 years development cycle, meaning they're not as easy to churn out as people say they are.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 brucecambell

Yeah, they hate CoD cause it's CoD, not because it's bad. No one can honestly say any CoD is a bad game and provide valid reasons why.Black_Knight_00

I may not be able to provide enough valid reasons for why the campaign is bad but i can provide very, very valid reasons why the MP is bad. Not just bad but the worst MP design in the history of gaming. It doesnt get anymore unbalanced or broken than Cod

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Yeah, they hate CoD cause it's CoD, not because it's bad. No one can honestly say any CoD is a bad game and provide valid reasons why.brucecambell

I may not be able to provide enough valid reasons for why the campaign is bad but i can provide very, very valid reasons why the MP is bad. Not just bad but the worst MP design in the history of gaming. It doesnt get anymore unbalanced or broken than Cod

Unbalanced yes, broken no. The worst thing about that multiplayer is that all the bullsh*t was intentional. IW designed it to be bullsh*t. Treyarch is a bit better in that regard.
Slipstream720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Slipstream720
Member since 2008 • 287 Posts

I'll be getting it simply because Search and Destroy is still my favorite multiplayer mode in pretty much any game ever, and I'm interested in the futuristic setting. I understand why people have negative opinions about Call of Duty but I still enjoy it, which is all that really matters in my opinion.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 brucecambell

[QUOTE="brucecambell"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Yeah, they hate CoD cause it's CoD, not because it's bad. No one can honestly say any CoD is a bad game and provide valid reasons why.Black_Knight_00

Unbalanced yes, broken no. The worst thing about that multiplayer is that all the bullsh*t was intentional. IW designed it to be bullsh*t. Treyarch is a bit better in that regard.

I would associate unbalanced with being broken. You had menioned before that BF had the right idea on perks. What Cod does is give you magical, overpowered, & unbalanced abilities. Theres a thousand things that make it broken & unbalanced.

UAV for example can & is up almost all the time ( especially in MW3 ), it monitors, tracks & feeds you your positions to the entire enemy team ( even Homefront did this better by having it only for a single person ).

7 kill Chopper - Having the game come in, rape the map & give you free kills is crossing the line. Not only does the game give you free kills but essentially you can be in 2 areas at the same time. Chopper can be shooting me while at the same time the soldier you are on the ground can pick me off while im being shot by the chopper. Unfare? very

BO controlable Chopper killstreak - In BF you have to have a driver, & the shooting has to be very, very precise, in Cod the game allows you to transport your soul from ground soldier to chopper gunman. You dont have to take off, land, or fly, dont have to have a driver, it highlights all enemies on map & precision is not needed. Just shoot at the highlights diamonds & with no effort, or precisions you get 50 kills in a matter of seconds.

Killstreaks in general - Any game that features killstreaks is automatically broken, Cod being the biggest offender because it abuses the killstreaks the most. Lets say you take a boxer & pit him against a little kid & reward him with punchstreaks

With every punch landed you give him a baseball bat, a knife, a sword, a chainsaw, a machine gun, a rocket launcher, a flamethrower, a airstrike, a chopper, a chopper gunner, a nuke, etc. Does this strike you as not broken?

You cannot reward dominance with tools to further dominate. All streaks are broken but even deathstreaks make more sense as they atleast attempt to put help a team in a unfair & losing battle. Still though all games with killstreaks are broken but Cod is the biggest offender here.

With each tool given you further break the game & all balance. I have not even gotten into the magical abilities yet but i dont want to bore people with too much reading.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
They're not hating so much on the trailer as they are on the CoD franchise in general. I gave Treyarch a chance a few times now, and each time they failed to introduce significant changes to the IP. How many chances am I supposed to give them before I give up?
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

One of the main reasons people are hating on the black ops 2 trailer, is because they hate the COD franchise in general. One of the top complaints given is how the game's graphics have essentially stagnated over the course of this gen, and how the developers are using the same engine they have used since around 2007.The second major complaint is this game will be a "DLC pack" which references the fact that the game has not made any major advances in game design nor does it come up with an especially long campaign, and focuses on somewhat small changes to the Multiplayer and making new maps. Also, amongst the "hardcore elite too good for the mainstream" gamers, it has also become "cool" to hate on COD regardless of how many positive changes they make to the next game.

To be honest, I'm actually looking forward to Black Ops 2 because I see it as taking the series in a different direction than it normally has been. I look forward to the return of zombies, combat training, a new setting, and an action-packed campaign with a mildly interesting storyline.

keybladegamer
I think we should start calling those "too good for mainstream" gamers... Hipster gamers.... OR are they gaming hipsters....this is something that needs further investigation.