Who here wants a total remake of Resident Evil 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

Personally, I don't.

Also if they changed the idea to where you can move around while you shoot, it wouldn't be a RE game.

rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 rigbybot127
Member since 2011 • 269 Posts

A complete remake on a next-gen console, with true HD graphics, being able to move while shooting (I like the tank controls, but some people don't), and better voice-acting, with the same voice-actors (I love how campy the dialogue is). RE4 is the greatest game of all-time, in front of the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GTA IV, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Half-Life 2, and The Walking Dead; and I feel that if they did this to RE4, they would, essentially, be butchering it. What do you guys have to say on the subject?

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#3 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
If RE4 is the greatest game ever then it shouldn't need a remake.
XiggyTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XiggyTheBeast
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

Cont me in. I wnt aa RE4 remake.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

Absolutely don't. I feel the game holds up fairly well and I seriously don't deem it worth wasting resources on. It's not as if this is a PSX era title after all. If anything deserves an actual remake, it's Biohazard 2.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
It totaly deserves a remake WITH CO-OP ! Leon and Ashley exactly as they are, except Ashley would be playable throughout the game like Leon. That would be awesome. Or maybe Ada and Ashley could be take turns be Leon's partner during different parts of the game.
rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rigbybot127

What about when there are no AI partners around?

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
You get to play as a ghost, like Paxton Fettel from F.E.A.R. 3
_Perfectionist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 _Perfectionist
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Personally, I don't.

Also if they changed the idea to where you can move around while you shoot, it wouldn't be a RE game.

-Water-Wings-
Exactly. Otherwise it would change into a shooter or a bad version of 'Gears of War' like RE6
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

NOBODY wants a remake - the is a survival horror forum and RE4 is one of the favourite games of most fans of this genre

k0parshEU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 k0parshEU
Say Resident Evil 1 again. On Doom 3 engine, the version that was presented at E3 2001 or something, not the final version that was dumbed down for console lusers.
wumpscutnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 wumpscutnut
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts

A complete remake on a next-gen console, with true HD graphics, being able to move while shooting (I like the tank controls, but some people don't), and better voice-acting, with the same voice-actors (I love how campy the dialogue is). RE4 is the greatest game of all-time, in front of the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GTA IV, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Half-Life 2, and The Walking Dead; and I feel that if they did this to RE4, they would, essentially, be butchering it. What do you guys have to say on the subject?

rigbybot127

Ok, so I know this is an old post and I know probably no one will read it but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I wouldn't mind if they did it. I personally think there are other games that deserve a remake much more than this one though, namely RE1 and 2. Remaking the gamecube version of RE1 on a high def, next gen PC would be absolutely amazing. I wouldn't touch the controls though... they are part of the RE universe and gameplay, changing the controls would alter the complete feel and gameplay of the game and it would have to be reworked completely, the combat mechanics and everything. Having the controls of RE4 would be fine. I think they should leave it as it is though and focus on actually producing a NEW Resident Evil game that's worth playing and leave this stupid "action adventure horror" genre crap behind and return to what made the series famous in the first place, survival horror. I mean all the fans want that... can Capcom not see this? Or do they just not care what the fans want, they just want to churn out mindless run and gun arcade crap that appeals to teens who are addicted to Call of Duty and online play. Oh and speaking of online play... CUT THE CO OP!! I don't want some stupid, minless AI running along wasting my ammo and herbs and I don't want to play Resident Evil with a friend yacking in my ear when I'm trying to absorb myself into a atmospheric horror game.

Anyway, I got off topic. That's the end of my rant. All in all... a remake wouldn't bother me but I want a good, new Resident Evil that lives up to the series name much more. Oh and I can't believe you lump the likes of Resident Evil, Zelda and especially Metal Gear Solid in with games like GTA IV and The Walking Dead as the "greatest games of all time". No way Walkind Dead and GTA anything can come close. 

Avatar image for projectpat72988
projectpat72988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 projectpat72988
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
Personally I don't see the point of remaking RE4. I mean I doubt we will get to see them remake any of them but RE4 is among the ones that absolutely DONT need to be remade because it is already too modern and even a new gamer from todays era could jump into that game and still enjoy it. RE4 on XBL doesn't feel old even though its from 2005. Its made with mostly modern gaming in mind and I don't see how it would benefit in any way from a remake. The ones prior to that on the other hand could absolutely benefit from a remake not because they are bad but because they are so outdated in every aspect. This will never happen but I have often wished this would happen but an entire remake of pre RE4 done in 3rd person RE4 fashin (or moving while shooting because people are such cry babies about it). A full out remake of RE0 and RE1 but put together as one game. Then another remake of RE2 and RE3 as one game. Then Code Veronica and maybe a "part 2" to it that gives us another game as claire, maybe her saving Steve or something like that and explain why we dont ever see her again. Whether one of those exclusives for game cube ever explained that IDK...as far as I know there is no more information about claire after CV and Steve. CV ends with them saying they are going to end this and go after Umbrella...could easily be routed into another game featuring Steve, Chris, Jill, Claire. Leon
rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rigbybot127

Maybe they could remake Resident Evil 3, and make it not suck. :)

YesSheWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YesSheWill
Personally, I think Resident Evil 2 remake is a higher priority. At least Resident Evil 4 is easier on the eyes than Resident Evil 2.
EbenOlemaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EbenOlemaun
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Absolutely not. The game still stands the test of time. The only one of the series worth a remake is Resident Evil 2. How old were you when 4 even came out? That was the best looking game at the time PERIOD. They already gave you the upgraded HD versions which made it look even better. Stop thinking that Capcom needs to waste resources retreading the same water and let's try to get them to make a competent GOOD original Resident Evil.

rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rigbybot127

I was 9, and I'm not saying I want an HD remake; I'm asking how many of you do. The game truly does stand the test of time; I gave it the #1 spot on my Top Ten Greatest Damn Video Games of All-Time list, because it's that damn good.

Avatar image for crimsonxcyclone
crimsonxcyclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 crimsonxcyclone
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I say only remake a game to improve it or re-image it like they did with DMC. I can't see them improving the overall game, better graphics would be nice but not really necessary, and it doesn't need a new image. So NO.
The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

Maybe they could remake Resident Evil 3, and make it not suck. :)

rigbybot127

Whoa, RE3 DOES NOT SUCK! Not by a Longshot bub. Its one of the last great Resident Evils. Sure 4 was great, but HELL NO it doesnt need a remake it is already modern and has already been re-released on different consoles.

Dirge420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dirge420
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I wouldnt say RE3 sucked, but I do feel it was the weakest of the original style games. I had fun with it though.
Wheel-Of-Fate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wheel-Of-Fate

rigbybot127
No Need For Remake By Comparing RE4 With RE5 & RE6 & RE-Revelations & Raccoon Operation City. RE4 Is Already Dead Because: 1-It Doesn't Support Mouse 2-Controls Are So Lame 3-Cutscenes Made As Videos Not Pure Graphics Like New Games. Also RE & RE2 & RE3 Nemesis Are History So If You Want Real Gaming Experience Start With Resident Evil 5 & Forget About All Other Old Releases
banzaigtv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 banzaigtv
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

I want the gameplay to stay the same, but I do want a new release of this game for PC with 1080p graphics, PhysX, DirectX 11, HBAO, and TXAA. That would be awesome if this could be released on Steam.