Which console to get

This topic is locked from further discussion.

first_mp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By first_mp
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I'm in the market of purchasing a new console (PS4 or Xbox). I now depending who I ask they will promote their favorite, but aside from the high cost I wanted to make sure that whichever one I purchase that their games are actually 4K. Now I really don't want to purchase a new game console, but what choice do I have when they stopped making games.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1046 Posts

If you are wanting 4k than the Xbox One X.

For exclusives the PS4 or Nintendo Switch.

Both PS4pro and Xbox One X do checkerboarding in some of their 4k titles. Ps4 pro only has a couple native 4k titles. Xbox One X has many more.

I would recommend building a PC if you want 4k as the standard. Otherwise x1x is a great deal but expect dynamic resolutions on some games and not true 4k on some. Xbox One X is essentially bargain bin 4k

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@first_mp: Xbox One X is the more powerful console for 4k compared to PS4 Pro, but I don't think the difference is really that substantial. If you're buying to play games by yourself Xbox is the best image quality and framerate you'll get, but if you're playing with friends find out what console they have. Better graphics can't replace gaming with friends.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Buy a Xbox X if you want to experience true 4K Native gaming but then again the PS4 has a lot of good exclusives

Invalid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Invalid99
Member since 2017 • 6 Posts

I'd go for the PS4. We get the best exclusives. Loads of good games coming for it.

john_coronado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 john_coronado
Member since 2013 • 75 Posts

If you want 4k and exclusive games, get PS4 Pro. Yes some of the games in PS4 Pro can run 4K. PS4 has a huge library of great games, not to mention the upcoming ones this 2018.

weeaboodesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weeaboodesu
Member since 2017 • 24 Posts

I have a PS4 for the exclusives (JRPG). I don't have a 4k TV, so I don't need the better graphical fidelity and higher resolution of the Xbox. For 4k, go Xbox but for quality games made by devs that are less popular in the west go for the PS4.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

Don't forget the 4k monitor/TV if you're buying for 4k! Pointless endeavour if you're staying with your HD TV in my opinion.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Neither platform gives you true 4K 100% of the time. There are actually few examples of full 4K on any console at this time. If that number is really truly your cutoff, the X1X is your best bet because it offers 1) a handful more true 4k games, and 2) a ton more close to or sometimes 4k games. You'll get better image quality on that option.

That being said, outside of side-by-side comparisons nitpicking minute details, they both don't look that different at all - to me - when viewed on their own. They will look fine on your 4K tv, and I'd just pick the platform with the most games you like or friends on it. Are you a Halo junkie? Have you always wanted to fight giant robot dinosaurs with a bow? Ever want to save the world as a dude with a cup for a head? Gaming shouldn't be about how many pixels you get on paper, IMO, especially when the real world perceivable difference between the options isn't big. There's lots to love on both platforms

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

PS4 obviously. It has the most games, all 3rd party and lots of exclusives with even more AAA coming next year.

All other consoles are playing catch up.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@soul_starter said:

PS4 obviously. It has the most games, all 3rd party and lots of exclusives with even more AAA coming next year.

All other consoles are playing catch up.

anon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anon15
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

i recommend xbox one it's just good for me

Skaidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skaidus
Member since 2017 • 15 Posts

Buy a PS4 so you can play bloodborne and crash bandicoot games. They are so great.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

PoS4 GOTS THE ABSOLUTE BEST EXCLUSIVEZ !!!!!!!!

Out of which I only care about 2 and one of them is not even a PS4 but a PS3 exclusive. Once God Of War is released there will be 3 exclusives that interest me.

Thankfully I can purchase several systems.

bondnguyen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bondnguyen21
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

I prefer PS4 to others

supercyberfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By supercyberfunk
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

For native 4k resolution, you want XBox One.

I personally prefer PS4. Better exclusive games, a neater home screen that doesn't look like a mess, and they were the first ones ahead of Microsoft to not require the console to be online, and be a DRM machine. Besides, I've already built up quite the profile since PS3, since their online was free at the time, as opposed to Microsoft's online model.

supercyberfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 supercyberfunk

@Enragedhydra:

@Enragedhydra said:
@supercyberfunk said:

For native 4k resolution, you want XBox One.

I personally prefer PS4. Better exclusive games, a neater home screen that doesn't look like a mess, and they were the first ones ahead of Microsoft to not require the console to be online, and be a DRM machine. Besides, I've already built up quite the profile since PS3, since their online was free at the time, as opposed to Microsoft's online model.

For true native 4k you want PC. PC has more exclusives (better is subjective) then PS4. Neater home screen?? Who cares about a locked box and it's screen. If you want a neat screen go PC, on Steam pick the skin of your choice, pick the skin of your choice on windows. Online free at the time does not matter because it is now and not then, even Nintendo is implementing paid online, you want free online PC is the place.

PC is definitely the way to go, if you have the money. I was assuming the original commenter was on a budget. If not, then PC all the way. Me... I'm not so fortunate to be able to swap out video cards and whatnot at a moments notice, so I have to have a console. Every game I purchase for console, I know will work with that console. But anybody with money should definitely buy a PC. I would if I could. >Sigh<... Maybe someday...

ilovelootboxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ilovelootboxes
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I think PS4 is better overall. I prefer the UI and it generally has more games. If both the ps4 and the xbox have essentially the same hardware then it's pretty easy to choose.

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

I would look at the games both systems have and go for the one that interests you based on that. If you are simply going with 4K being the main requirement, I'd say the following: Xbox One X, if not, then the PS4 Pro. Both are 4K systems but X1X has more power so therefore will have more 4K content on offer.

supercyberfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 supercyberfunk

@Enragedhydra: Still need the money first to make the investment. My $1,000 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop that I purchased last year can barely make the cut with console quality games. I'll need a decent desktop... at around at least $1,500, I think. More, if I want to run Oculus or other quality VR.

swantn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 swantn5
Member since 2011 • 547 Posts

i suggest looking at tear down videos by ben heck he goes into great detail about what does what the PS4 /Xbox one have very simular builds

SkullCrusher98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SkullCrusher98
Member since 2017 • 40 Posts

Xbox One X is the best console that renders 4K smoothly

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Xbox one x its native 4k and more powerful but dont have enough and good exclusive games the right answer its ps4 for me

Wydocq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wydocq
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Only one thing was really important for me when i wanted to buy a console - controller. I just cant stand PS4 dualshock, hate it so so much :'D But Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller feels natural with my hands, so my chose is obvious.

Yeah, PS4 have some exclusive games, but i dont care much about them. If in future they will change design of controller, then i may think about buying Sony rig.

Plus Xbox one X have 4k, but not all people have 4k TV to use this feature.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#33 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Xbox One X - getting anything else is a mistake.

blisterplaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By blisterplaster
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

New to gaming. Just bought an Xbox one s bc I owned a Xbox when I was little and didn't recall liking PS as much.

In hindsight I really wish I got a PS instead. The games and exclusives for PS are more to my liking than the ones Xbox has to offer. (I like RPG games)

Yellokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Yellokk
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Personally I'd say xbox