whats the most you are willing to pay for a game?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#51 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

For new releases, $60USD (obviously)

For older games, no more than $75USD

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#52 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="djmattmg"]

Panzer Dragoon Saga ~$250.

NEStorianPriest

I wouldn't pay that much for a system. That's insane.

When you buy PDS, you're basically renting it. Drop $250, play it, sell it back on ebay for $250, or a little less if your feeling nice. I hear the original code was lost so there will always be a demand for this game.

I'm not a programmer or anything, so I could be wrong here. But it seems to me that if there are copies of the game out there, then they could just get the code from it.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

I've paid full price many times for a new game this generation. I'll shell out even more (up until around $100) for a collector's edition if I want the bonuses badly enough.

Avatar image for NEStorianPriest
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 NEStorianPriest
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

[QUOTE="NEStorianPriest"]

I wouldn't pay that much for a system. That's insane.

Emerald_Warrior

When you buy PDS, you're basically renting it. Drop $250, play it, sell it back on ebay for $250, or a little less if your feeling nice. I hear the original code was lost so there will always be a demand for this game.

I'm not a programmer or anything, so I could be wrong here. But it seems to me that if there are copies of the game out there, then they could just get the code from it.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=4&cId=3162634

Just going from what I've read. I'd love to be wrong, though.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#55 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

The most I've paid is £180. It was a really rare game that I've wanted for a long time. I doubt I'll ever spend that much on a single game ever again. I've got another game that I paid £130 for.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#56 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="NEStorianPriest"]

NEStorianPriest

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=4&cId=3162634

Just going from what I've read. I'd love to be wrong, though.

They said it's diffucult, and takes a long time to port a Saturn game. But they didn't say that the programming code was lost, or that it was impossible. But still, that sucks. I'm never gonna pay as much for Saga as people are selling it for. Pure insanity.

"We had to squeeze everything out of the Saturn in order to make Saga, so porting it would be very difficult. You know the Sega Ages port of Panzer Dragoon to PS2? We thought it would be easy to just emulate on PS2, but it took a lot longer than we budgeted and it was a huge effort. And in Panzer Dragoon Orta, the port that was unlockable in the game was the PC version, because it was too much work to port the original code. So, I'm I can't say for sure, but it would be very unlikely that Saga is ever ported to another console."

Avatar image for NEStorianPriest
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 NEStorianPriest
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

From that article:

YF: I think it would be difficult for Azel to see a port. There are reasons for it, but the specifics should remain secret. We had to squeeze everything out of the Saturn in order to make Saga, so porting it would be very difficult. You know the Sega Ages port of Panzer Dragoon to PS2? We thought it would be easy to just emulate on PS2, but it took a lot longer than we budgeted and it was a huge effort. And in Panzer Dragoon Orta, the port that was unlockable in the game was the PC version, because it was too much work to port the original code. So, I'm I can't say for sure, but it would be very unlikely that Saga is ever ported to another console.

[Futatsugi then told us the politics behind Saga's disappearance, which we can't reveal, but the gist of it has to do with the original code having been lost, making a port -- in case you're wondering -- all but unlikely.]

Cheers!