whatever happened to cartridges ????

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

Can't really say they are more expensive because xbox360 discs are 60$ and 3ds cards are 40$. They load faster than discs and they dont get all scratched up either. carts are just higher quality, and they could probably fit half a terabyte on a cart the size of an n64 cart now. Carts were the greatest and you know the cart technology of the present day could easily surpass cd based media. thats just my two cents

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Gaming is starting to shift to digital distribution. In a few years, disc-based media will be a thing of the past as well.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 conkertheking1

what do you do if you want to bring a game over your friends?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

carts are , on a MB to MB basis, more expensive.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 conkertheking1

i wouldnt mind paying a few extra bucks for something that wont scratch and will not load

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Emerald_Warrior

what do you do if you want to bring a game over your friends?

conkertheking1

Hey, I'm right there with you. It's not me pushing for digital distrubtion of gaming, it's the gaming industry.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

It's just the way of the industry.

I miss the cartridge days, and I'm going to miss when discs aren't used.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkman2007

i wouldnt mind paying a few extra bucks for something that wont scratch and will not load

conkertheking1
and have alot less content? have you ever been ripped off?
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 conkertheking1
[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

Darkman2007

they have micro sd cards that are four gigs and its the size of my pinky nail. i dont think carts would have less content at all
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

conkertheking1

they have micro sd cards that are four gigs and its the size of my pinky nail. i dont think carts would have less content at all

I can assure you that 4GB micro SD is more expensive than the 25-50GB bluray. so yeah , youre going to get less content, some will be compressed, some will be thrown out altogether.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Who needs either? All bout DD
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 conkertheking1

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] and have alot less content? have you ever been ripped off?Darkman2007

I can assure you that 4GB micro SD is more expensive than the 25-50GB bluray. so yeah , youre going to get less content, some will be compressed, some will be thrown out altogether.

i think they are pretty cheap here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_6?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=4+gig+micro+sd+card&sprefix=4+gig+%2Celectronics%2C0&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3A4+gig+micro+sd+card and buying in bulk amounts i wouldnt expect the games to be that much more expensive if this was what they came on
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 conkertheking1

besides like i said before i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for something with no load times and something that cant get scratched so easily

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 conkertheking1

besides like i said before i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for something with no load times and something that cant get scratched so easily

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

they have micro sd cards that are four gigs and its the size of my pinky nail. i dont think carts would have less content at allconkertheking1

i think they are pretty cheap here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_6?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=4+gig+micro+sd+card&sprefix=4+gig+%2Celectronics%2C0&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3A4+gig+micro+sd+card and buying in bulk amounts i wouldnt expect the games to be that much more expensive if this was what they came on

and for the same price you can get several Blu Rays :P I know that the cartridge thing is driven mainly by your admiration for the N64 , I get it, but the fact is, carts , or SD cards, simply cannot beat discs on a MB to MB ratio. wheter you like it or not, thats reality, time to face it 15 years later.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JigglyWiggly_

conkertheking1
You will get load times on a micro sd card. The throughput of a class4 card is around 15 MB/s for reads. They have very low access times, which is why old games felt like they had no loadings.
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 conkertheking1
[QUOTE="conkertheking1"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

and for the same price you can get several Blu Rays :P I know that the cartridge thing is driven mainly by your admiration for the N64 , I get it, but the fact is, carts , or SD cards, simply cannot beat discs on a MB to MB ratio. wheter you like it or not, thats reality, time to face it 15 years later.

not only the n64 but the GBA and DS as well i dont even have to blow on my carts ever they just work first try. And you dont know how many ps2's ive gone through due to a busted disc reading lens
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"] i think they are pretty cheap here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_6?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=4+gig+micro+sd+card&sprefix=4+gig+%2Celectronics%2C0&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3A4+gig+micro+sd+card and buying in bulk amounts i wouldnt expect the games to be that much more expensive if this was what they came onconkertheking1

not only the n64 but the GBA and DS as well i dont even have to blow on my carts ever they just work first try. And you dont know how many ps2's ive gone through due to a busted disc reading lens

the fact your PS2 broke is one thing, going to cartridges is another.

and its quite frankly dumb to refer to the GBA as a model for a console game, do you even know how much space is in an average GBA cartridge? 4MB , with 32MB at the largest. are you honestly going to use that for a console game which at this generation uses 9GB minimum? nevermind the Bluray's 25-50GB , or next gen.

time to take off the nostalgia glasses Im afraid, I like cartridges too , they look cool and are sturdy, but at the same time, to somehow claim that they are cheap , or have some sort of comparaible space capabilities as a Blu Ray , is frankly hilarious.

it doesn't make you look smarter thats for sure.

oh and if you can't stand a few seconds of loading, run away from games on personal computers from the 80s and 90s, the loading on them makes loading from a DVD look lightning fast

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] and for the same price you can get several Blu Rays :P I know that the cartridge thing is driven mainly by your admiration for the N64 , I get it, but the fact is, carts , or SD cards, simply cannot beat discs on a MB to MB ratio. wheter you like it or not, thats reality, time to face it 15 years later.Darkman2007

the fact your PS2 broke is one thing, going to cartridges is another.

and its quite frankly dumb to refer to the GBA as a model for a console game, do you even know how much space is in an average GBA cartridge? 4MB , with 32MB at the largest. are you honestly going to use that for a console game which at this generation uses 9GB minimum? nevermind the Bluray's 25-50GB , or next gen.

time to take off the nostalgia glasses Im afraid, I like cartridges too , they look cool and are sturdy, but at the same time, to somehow claim that they are cheap , or have some sort of comparaible space capabilities as a Blu Ray , is frankly hilarious.

it doesn't make you look smarter thats for sure.

oh and if you can't stand a few seconds of loading, run away from games on personal computers from the 80s and 90s, the loading on them makes loading from a DVD look lightning fast

Or just be a pc gamer and have SSDs 2muchmad
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 conkertheking1

say what you want bro but as long as cartridges exist they will be better than discs. no load times no scratches, sure they may be more expensive but i've always been a man of quality. Also i didnt know micro sd cards came in 16 gig form until now so for the size of a GBA game if they wanted they could have halo 4 fit on a GBA cart.

Oh and one more thing the snes whooped genesis's ass thought i might throw that in there cause i know it will just piss you off;)

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

Gaming is starting to shift to digital distribution. In a few years, disc-based media will be a thing of the past as well.Emerald_Warrior

Who needs either? All bout DDJigglyWiggly_

If that ever happens, you won't be quite happy with games that won't ever be lowered with even more restrictions, etc.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darkman2007

say what you want bro but as long as cartridges exist they will be better than discs. no load times no scratches, sure they may be more expensive but i've always been a man of quality. Also i didnt know micro sd cards came in 16 gig form until now so for the size of a GBA game if they wanted they could have halo 4 fit on a GBA cart.

Oh and one more thing the snes whooped genesis's ass thought i might throw that in there cause i know it will just piss you off;)

conkertheking1
well , you keep believing that , when you take the nostalgia glasses, come back. and no , unlike a silly fanboy like youself, I really don't care which system "whooped ass" it does show however, that youre not the most mature person here :P
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 conkertheking1
[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

Darkman2007
well , you keep believing that , when you take the nostalgia glasses, come back. and no , unlike a silly fanboy like youself, I really don't care which system "whooped ass" it does show however, that youre not the most mature person here :P

i shouldnt be the most mature person here bro im only 15. and you are just in denial that discs are better than carts. The fact is carts are better but they are more expensive so our big corporate game companies want that extrra 30 cents more than making quality products. and nostalgia has nothing to do with the fact that cartridge based media in our "present" time surpasses disc media in every way except maybe delivering the graphics of bluray
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

conkertheking1

i shouldnt be the most mature person here bro im only 15. and you are just in denial that discs are better than carts. The fact is carts are better but they are more expensive so our big corporate game companies want that extrra 30 cents more than making quality products. and nostalgia has nothing to do with the fact that cartridge based media in our "present" time surpasses disc media in every way except maybe delivering the graphics of bluray

if youre 15 that explains alot. and yes, developers do have to make a profit, thats life, unless of course you want them to go out of business, which means no more gaming. you didn't think this through did you? and what does "delivering the graphics of blu ray" even mean? Blu Ray is simply far better as a high capacity format, and high capacity means something, its not just a marketing term.
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 conkertheking1
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] well , you keep believing that , when you take the nostalgia glasses, come back. and no , unlike a silly fanboy like youself, I really don't care which system "whooped ass" it does show however, that youre not the most mature person here :P

if youre 15 that explains alot. and yes, developers do have to make a profit, thats life, unless of course you want them to go out of business, which means no more gaming. you didn't think this through did you? and what does "delivering the graphics of blu ray" even mean? Blu Ray is simply far better as a high capacity format, and high capacity means something, its not just a marketing term.

if pretty graphics with load times makes a better game to you then whatever you and your blurays can go jump off a cliff
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
I didn't read every post, so this has probably been mentioned but cartridges are still around. Basically cartridges are solid-state storage - they lasted for console gaming till just a couple generations ago (the N64) and seemed to be replaced by optical disk storage - CD / DVD / Blu-Ray. At the same time, they haven't completely been wiped-out from portable / handheld gaming - as the GameBoy, GameGear, Atari Lynx, clear up till now - with the Vita and 3DS - all use solid-state media. The only optical media that comes to mind for portable systems is with the UMD used by the PSP. So, in summary, solid-state media has not completely been phased out, it just looks different than it did when it was used on console systems.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"] i shouldnt be the most mature person here bro im only 15. and you are just in denial that discs are better than carts. The fact is carts are better but they are more expensive so our big corporate game companies want that extrra 30 cents more than making quality products. and nostalgia has nothing to do with the fact that cartridge based media in our "present" time surpasses disc media in every way except maybe delivering the graphics of blurayconkertheking1

if pretty graphics with load times makes a better game to you then whatever you and your blurays can go jump off a cliff

lol , its not just better visuals (although thats part of it) , its also more content. do you want to play handheld games on a console? I don't, I want to play console games on a console. use your head and you might just figure it out.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="conkertheking1"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"] if pretty graphics with load times makes a better game to you then whatever you and your blurays can go jump off a cliff

lol , its not just better visuals (although thats part of it) , its also more content. do you want to play handheld games on a console? I don't, I want to play console games on a console. use your head and you might just figure it out.

you are so retarded. how is it more content on phucking blu ray explain that. YOU CAN FIT FOUR 16GIG MICRO SD CARDS IF NOT MORE INTO A GBA CART, DO THE MATH THAT'S 64GIGS ON A GBA CART! i dont see how you think you could fit less content on that than a 50 gig blu ray. and if you compared it gram for gram, micro sd cards have more capacity. Im done with this you are just too dense

are you honestly trying to compare them based on how big the carts are and their weight? wow. now I know Im talking to a dumb kid (even I was more mature than that at 15)
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 conkertheking1

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC Card Plus Adapter You're saying a bluray disc can fit more content than this, or four of these, or one of these the size of a GBA cart.

you are the one who is dumb sir, and you have been proven wrong by a meer 15 year old. you are pathetic

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darkman2007

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC Card Plus Adapter You're saying a bluray disc can fit more content than this, or four of these, or one of these the size of a GBA cart.

you are the one who is dumb sir, and you have been proven wrong by a meer 15 year old. you are pathetic

conkertheking1
and the cost of this card is much higher than that of a blu ray , want to bankrupt developers or pay much more for your games? again , use your head, youre living in fantasy land , not in the real world. of course we can tell youre trolling at this point, which happens to kids who get frustrated these days.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Darkman2007

lol, that card is £41 on Ebay, nevermind the game they would have to put on top of it.

but hey , pay £80 for your games, you must be one rich kid.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

you are so retarded. how is it more content on phucking blu ray explain that. YOU CAN FIT FOUR 16GIG MICRO SD CARDS IF NOT MORE INTO A GBA CART, DO THE MATH THAT'S 64GIGS ON A GBA CART! i dont see how you think you could fit less content on that than a 50 gig blu ray. and if you compared it gram for gram, micro sd cards have more capacity. Im done with this you are just too denseconkertheking1

Besides the obvious price difference (yes, bulk flash media is cheaper but so is bulk optical media. While flash drops to a few dollars in bulk optical media drops to pennies. It adds up), you're also mistaken about the perceived speed difference. Cheap flash media is painfully slow. A 24x DVD drive can read at about 34MB per second, while even the best micro SD cards top out around 22MB per second (and that's assuming you don't go cheap).

If you think that flash media would have no load times, buy a Vita. The Vita uses read only SD cards for game carts, but the media just isn't that fast. It's not bad, but the Vita still caches data off the slower SD cart onto the faster custom Sony flash memory inside and even after that there are still load times.

-Byshop

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 conkertheking1

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]you are so retarded. how is it more content on phucking blu ray explain that. YOU CAN FIT FOUR 16GIG MICRO SD CARDS IF NOT MORE INTO A GBA CART, DO THE MATH THAT'S 64GIGS ON A GBA CART! i dont see how you think you could fit less content on that than a 50 gig blu ray. and if you compared it gram for gram, micro sd cards have more capacity. Im done with this you are just too denseByshop

Besides the obvious price difference (yes, bulk flash media is cheaper but so is bulk optical media. While flash drops to a few dollars in bulk optical media drops to pennies. It adds up), you're also mistaken about the perceived speed difference. Cheap flash media is painfully slow. A 24x DVD drive can read at about 34MB per second, while even the best micro SD cards top out around 22MB per second (and that's assuming you don't go cheap).

If you think that flash media would have no load times, buy a Vita. The Vita uses read only SD cards for game carts, but the media just isn't that fast. It's not bad, but the Vita still caches data off the slower SD cart onto the faster custom Sony flash memory inside and even after that there are still load times.

-Byshop

So then i guess nintendo loses money on every ds/3ds game right, which aslo btw have no load screens
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Byshop"]

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]you are so retarded. how is it more content on phucking blu ray explain that. YOU CAN FIT FOUR 16GIG MICRO SD CARDS IF NOT MORE INTO A GBA CART, DO THE MATH THAT'S 64GIGS ON A GBA CART! i dont see how you think you could fit less content on that than a 50 gig blu ray. and if you compared it gram for gram, micro sd cards have more capacity. Im done with this you are just too denseconkertheking1

-Byshop

So then i guess nintendo loses money on every ds/3ds game right, which aslo btw have no load screens

a 3DS cart is 1-8GB in size, and Im willing to bet not many developers are going to use 8GB , also , as a general rule, handheld games are simpler and have smaller teams and budgets, thus the developer can afford to take in less money. or rather, the smaller proft margain from the actual games is offset by a smaller development budget on a handheld game. a 64GB would simply not be viable at the current prices of games, or even with slightly more expense.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Gaming is starting to shift to digital distribution. In a few years, disc-based media will be a thing of the past as well.

Emerald_Warrior

The day this happens is the day I go 100% retro. I agree with you though, it's only a matter of time before it happens, my guess is that towards the end of this coming generation, 75% of all video games and video game content will be DD. The gen after that, forget about it.

But to TC, I miss carts to and really hope some of the old cart based consoles get a boost since retro gaming is becoming more popular. I'd love to see some developer release new SNES or N64 games again. I know there is a small development scene for cart based consoles, but the quality releases are very few and far between. While it is a disc based system, the Dreamcast still gets some really cool new games released for it every so often.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 conkertheking1

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

The day this happens is the day I go 100% retro. I agree with you though, it's only a matter of time before it happens, my guess is that towards the end of this coming generation, 75% of all video games and video game content will be DD. The gen after that, forget about it.

But to TC, I miss carts to and really hope some of the old cart based consoles get a boost since retro gaming is becoming more popular. I'd love to see some developer release new SNES or N64 games again. I know there is a small development scene for cart based consoles, but the quality releases are very few and far between. While it is a disc based system, the Dreamcast still gets some really cool new games released for it every so often.

do you think that cartridges are better than discs?, for example 3ds carts are much better than discs as long as you dont lose the little flash card? Remember the days of no loading screens
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

conkertheking1

do you think that cartridges are better than discs?, for example 3ds carts are much better than discs as long as you dont lose the little flash card? Remember the days of no loading screens

While it is technically a cart, I actually don't like the DS and 3DS cards, they're too small and for whatever reason it doesn't have the same feel as an NES or Genesis cart. But yes, I do like cartridges more then discs and always have. Most games have got better about loading times, but still, no loads are better than short loads.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JigglyWiggly_
You guys realize there will still be loading time with NAND based media right? right...? (e.g, ssds still have loading times and are MUCH faster than any cart)
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 conkertheking1

agreed, except i like the 3ds/ds cards they always get put back in their case when im done playing them

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Can't really say they are more expensive because xbox360 discs are 60$ and 3ds cards are 40$. They load faster than discs and they dont get all scratched up either. carts are just higher quality, and they could probably fit half a terabyte on a cart the size of an n64 cart now. Carts were the greatest and you know the cart technology of the present day could easily surpass cd based media. thats just my two cents

conkertheking1
they quit using them because of all the lawsuits, people kept getting light headed and falling down
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 conkertheking1
[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

Sphensen
they quit using them because of all the lawsuits, people kept getting light headed and falling down

my carts work first try no blowing
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Sphensen"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

conkertheking1

I'm pretty sure he wasn't serious.

CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

conkertheking1

REvelations on the 3DS has pretty substantial loading times. Longer than most disc based PS1/PS2 games. Moreover, blurays don't scratch.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Byshop  Moderator

Can't really say they are more expensive because xbox360 discs are 60$ and 3ds cards are 40$. They load faster than discs and they dont get all scratched up either. carts are just higher quality, and they could probably fit half a terabyte on a cart the size of an n64 cart now.

So then i guess nintendo loses money on every ds/3ds game right, which aslo btw have no load screensconkertheking1

Look kid, this isn't complicated. You are missing the whole picture in more ways than one.

The diffence between a $60 AAA 360 title and a $40 3ds game isn't the cost of the media, it's the cost of the game. AAA 360 titles cost in the tens of millions to produce while the majority of 3ds titles come nowhere near that. They are literally on par with major motion picture studio movie budgets. So you can't look at a DVD versus a cart and say "ZOMG DVD MUST BE MOAR EXPENSIVE CUZ THE GAME IS TWENTY DOLLHAIRS MORE!" because you are forgetting about the 10 million dollar game that happens to be included with that 5 cent DVD.

Nintendo doesn't lose money on carts because they routinely put the game on the smallest cart possible. Most games are on 2gig or less sized carts. The few games that manage to break that barrier and hit 4gig CAN BE SOLD FOR MORE MONEY. RE: Revelations was originally going to sell for $50 new because it was on a 4gig cart. Probably not a coincidence, but RE:Revelations also has a load screen for everything. Cutscenes, area transistions, etc.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/717986/resident-evil-revelations-will-cost-50-and-heres-why/

And you're talking about 64 gig carts? Don't make me laugh. Carts are good for one thing: handhelds. No optical drive means no moving parts which means a device that will get better battery life and is more resistant to shock.

I have a lot more history in this topic if you're interested (my n64 CD-ROM drive, my Neo Geo system, etc).

-Byshop

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 conkertheking1

say what you want. in my experience with games which i have a good 12 years worth, and for being alive less years than all you i have probably beaten more games than you when you were my age, so i say carts are better but thats my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

give me a disc that doesnt have load time or doesnt get messed up from scratches and i'll make an exception with my opinion

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 conkertheking1

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"][QUOTE="Sphensen"] they quit using them because of all the lawsuits, people kept getting light headed and falling downEmerald_Warrior

I'm pretty sure he wasn't serious.

no really...
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Byshop  Moderator

say what you want. in my experience with games which i have a good 12 years worth, and for being alive less years than all you i have probably beaten more games than you when you were my age, so i say carts are better but thats my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

give me a disc that doesnt have load time or doesnt get messed up from scratches and i'll make an exception with my opinion

conkertheking1

I like how you just assume that you know more than everyone in here and have beaten more games (which, by the way, has what to do with this conversation?) than everyone in here. It's easy to assume things when you don't bother trying to find out any facts. Even still, just because you've played some video games that doesn't make you even remotely qualified to tell people in here they are wrong. Some of us actually do this for a living you know, and have been doing it for longer than you've been alive. :lol:

You asked what happened to cartridges. We told you why they aren't in use anymore and backup up our information with facts about the current technology, but it's pretty clear that you aren't really interested in finding out why but all you care about is telling eveyrone else what you think. This is a discussion forum, and that is not discussion.

-Byshop

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 conkertheking1

can you give me a disc that doesnt scratch or have load times???

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 conkertheking1

also i never said i know more than everyone here, obviously i dont if there is anyone older than me here. What i did say is if you were my age i would know more than you in that instance