What is truly consider "Next-Gen"?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

I have read a lot of forums and others about people having criticism about these new consoles. We are only 6 months into the generation and I feel it takes at least 2 years for some of us to see some crazy stuff. That being said I don't know what gaming companies can do (at least AA & AAA) to make games in any genre truly next generation. You can work on physics, enhance graphics and make the world as open as you want but will it be enough?

That being said is there a definition or expectation about what "next-gen" is or what the future can be? Or do you think we hit a plateau?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If there was don't you think developers wouldve told you by now ?

The only reason they keep saying Next Gen because thats the word people wana hear. but the truth is .... Its entirely meaningless.

And for anybody who thinks its about graphics still... Why don't they have gaming PCs ? The "I like to game on my couch" argument is no longer a real reason since you can do that with a PC as well and then some... In the form of Multimonitor Display Setups. And the Plug and Play argument died a long time ago....

Gameplay doesn't matter anymore... That ship sailed along time ago....

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

The Witcher 3 will signal the new generation. Ive been saying it for awhile.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

@Shmiity

Ofcourse it will.... Because next gen is all about Graphics and Large maps. ;)

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I always assumed it was just games that were developed for the new consoles.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

@blangenakker

Thats Actually true..... How did I not see that ?

I think I'l start saying that too... If you don't mind ;).

Why didn't I think of this 1st ? :(

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Probably hoping to see a jump in graphics but was dissapointed to see that its too similar.

I know I was

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@blangenakker

One thing I wanted most was too finaly see them take some initiative towards motion controls.... I'm very dissapointed with how Microsoft is handling the Kinect, also theres been no significant improvements to the control methods of last gen..... Its the same old trash for $400.... Even If by some Miracle they manage squeeze some serious graphics out of these machines, it would only have the same effect as giving a makeover to a pig...... As if thats gonna change anything.

All I can say about the 8th Generation is Kudos to Nintendo for giving it a Shot... For really trying !

Oh and then theres virtual reality... But we'l get into that later.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@jeager_titan said:

AI.

More reactivate, smarter AI would be great.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Better Performance.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@Enfamous_Mr_BHC said:

I have read a lot of forums and others about people having criticism about these new consoles. We are only 6 months into the generation and I feel it takes at least 2 years for some of us to see some crazy stuff. That being said I don't know what gaming companies can do (at least AA & AAA) to make games in any genre truly next generation. You can work on physics, enhance graphics and make the world as open as you want but will it be enough?

That being said is there a definition or expectation about what "next-gen" is or what the future can be? Or do you think we hit a plateau?

There's always a plethora of these topics when new hardware hits. It's tiring, and I look forward to the future when these arguments will begin the lessen and hopefully cease altogether.

In a way, there's really no difference at the start of a generation as there is to be found while in the midst of one. Think about it, all that's happened is a shift of parameters as to what's afforded to the devs. As developers make more and more games, they become more and more acquainted with ever increasing possibilities they didn't think were possible earlier on. I don't understand why everyone automatically assumes there's going to be some grand revelation that will scream next-gen the moment new systems hit the shelves. Progress takes time and is slowly incremental. Uncharted is a far cry from Uncharted 3 or TLoU, yet so many here are proclaiming that "Next Gen is here, we're seeing it, it sucks" predicated upon GAMES ON SYSTEMS THAT HAVE ONLY BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR A LITTLE OVER 7 MONTHS. And mostly all of these are cross-gen.

How can people be so myopically moronic?

No, next gen is not here yet, we haven't seen it, and it won't be fully realized for years to come. It will take time before we're going to see some real amazing accomplishments that were impossible last gen. That is the criteria that defines next-gen to me. Cross-gen games do not fit it for obvious reasons, current gen only (such as Batman AK) will, even if it's only better frame rates, higher resolutions, better physics, A.I., and bigger worlds. If a game is not possible on older tech, then it's next gen. Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with hitting and improving upon a plateau. Why does this belief exist that games requires innovation strictly in the way they are played to be considered next-gen? I'm not against the notion, but to claim hardware is the sole determinant of a generational leap is ludicrously asinine.

And I have no patience for Nintendo to automatically be showered with praise for such things as a simple screen on its controller when its hardware lags behind in the land of 8 years past, saying that they're the "only ones" doing or attempting next gen. Bullshit. Prove it, what games utilize the Gamepad in such a manner as to exemplify this after a year and a half on the market? Is it Mario Kart's horn button? Or Donkey Kong's blank screen while playing? Innovation is only as good as its execution, and Nintendo has failed to execute jack shit so far. Yet they're given credit. Hell, their hardware resides in last gen and they've done nothing to fully utilize the feature they sacrificed so much for. What a complete waste, and forgive me if I hold my commendation until the proof is in the pudding. I'm going to see much more innovation in software on the PS4 and One years from now than simple inventory/map screens for Zelda.

Give me a break.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

Nintendoland Utilizes all of the Tablet Controllers features...... And So does Mario 3D world......

Infact all the games do since its a second display... You can use your console without the TV.

Also it won't be until the very end of the generation where things like Better Physics and AI will be impossible on the 7th Gen machines (and that includes the Wii)..... The next 6 years will be about graphics only. That much I know. Also I'm not entirely sure what people are expecting from VR but its not going to Change the way we play games.

Microsoft dropping the Kinect is proof just exactly what we're instore for for the next couple of years.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MirkoS77

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MirkoS77

Nintendoland Utilizes all of the Tablet Controllers features...... And So does Mario 3D world......

Infact all the games do since its a second display... You can use your console without the TV.

Also it won't be until the very end of the generation where things like Better Physics and AI will be impossible on the 7th Gen machines (and that includes the Wii)..... The next 6 years will be about graphics only.That much I know. Also I'm not entirely sure what people are expecting from VR but its not going to Change the way we play games.

Microsoft dropping the Kinect is proof just exactly what we're instore for for the next couple of years.

No they won't.

So do you define next-gen by off-screen play? Really? BFD. That has no impact on gameplay whatsoever, the only thing it allows is playing last gen tech games a maximum of 20 feet away from the console. A nice convenience, but hardly gen defining. The best implementation of the Gamepad I've yet to see is Pikmin 3, and again, it really was just a map. So what? What we are seeing from Nintendo is nothing but the same games that were capable on the Wii, LAST GEN, in HD, with features simply there for convenience's sake.

Yea, MS dropping Kinect is going to show what we're in for.....games that now aren't casual time wasters that don't rely on pointlessly waving your arms about like an idiot or speaking like a robot numerous times to be understood where a simple button press would've sufficed. I'd much rather have companies invest in better technology to build upon solid gameplay foundation where it matters than gimmicky novelties that really do nothing but up the cost of entry while at the same time adding nothing substantial.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

I grew up on PC gaming... The concept of a "generation" was stupid to me long before all this happened.

I don't count Wii U as an 8th Gen console because I think it really is one.... I'm just mocking the concept because I think its all stupid. Gens mean nothing to me.

I don't know if you've noticed but with out the Kinect, the Xbox One is basically just like the 360, the controller is Pretty Much Identical, same goes for the Playstation 4...... What you're instore for is the the Same crap you had before wrapped in a Prettier Bow. And AI and Physics advancements within the next 6 year window will be with in the grasp of 7th Gen consoles whether they port them or not. hell even the PC is struggling with AI, physics is no problem though.

If you wana know what innovation you're gona see in the next 6 years than all you have to do is look at the controller. Thats the thing that connects you to your games, thats what gona determine the gameplay (partially ofcourse), and if theres no significant improvement, then what ?

Funny you should bring up casuals... They couldn't care any less about stupid graphics, they watch cutscenes in movies and tv, not on their consoles, they may not love games but they get what its all about, GAMEPLAY and they don't need a story any deeper than kill the goblins and save the princess, they are sorted. Try giving a Casual Mass Effect or MGS 5 and see if they could give 2 squirts about how deep and meaningfull the story.... is in the cutscenes..... They live in reality more than we do... Therefore graphics can burn in hell.

Kinect Adventures and Wii Sports is the best thing to come out of 7th Gen, if you weren't so insecure about "pointless waving your arms" in Wii Bowling then maybe you would appreciate what gaming really is.......

But don't worry... Nintendo will die (because its better than losing its dignity to emo gamers like you know who) and you can have all the graphics and cutscenes and story you want right in the palm of your hands weilding the same controller until death do you part. You may now kiss gameplay goodbye.

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

In my opinion,you can talk about next gen when we put aside the controlers and put on our virtual reality goggles (glasses) and play a game. It has nothing to do about graphics or gameplay or performance etc etc .

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MirkoS77

I grew up on PC gaming... The concept of a "generation" was stupid to me long before all this happened.

I don't count Wii U as an 8th Gen console because I think it really is one.... I'm just mocking the concept because I think its all stupid. Gens mean nothing to me.

I don't know if you've noticed but with out the Kinect, the Xbox One is basically just like the 360, the controller is Pretty Much Identical, same goes for the Playstation 4...... What you're instore for is the the Same crap you had before wrapped in a Prettier Bow. And AI and Physics advancements within the next 6 year window will be with in the grasp of 7th Gen consoles whether they port them or not. hell even the PC is struggling with AI, physics is no problem though.

If you wana know what innovation you're gona see in the next 6 years than all you have to do is look at the controller. Thats the thing that connects you to your games, thats what gona determine the gameplay (partially ofcourse), and if theres no significant improvement, then what ?

Funny you should bring up casuals... They couldn't care any less about stupid graphics, they watch cutscenes in movies and tv, not on their consoles, they may not love games but they get what its all about, GAMEPLAY and they don't need a story any deeper than kill the goblins and save the princess, they are sorted. Try giving a Casual Mass Effect or MGS 5 and see if they could give 2 squirts about how deep and meaningfull the story.... is in the cutscenes..... They live in reality more than we do... Therefore graphics can burn in hell.

Kinect Adventures and Wii Sports is the best thing to come out of 7th Gen, if you weren't so insecure about "pointless waving your arms" in Wii Bowling then maybe you would appreciate what gaming really is.......

But don't worry... Nintendo will die (because its better than losing its dignity to emo gamers like you know who) and you can have all the graphics and cutscenes and story you want right in the palm of your hands weilding the same controller until death do you part. You may now kiss gameplay goodbye.

I get what you are saying overall, but I am pretty sure that their are going to be some games this gen that actually deliver new experiences and innovation. As for graphics and story, they have importance. In a lot of cases the story of a game can be vital to how deep the gameplay is. Now with graphics, lets be real hear, we do not want games that have driver's visuals on the consoles we have now.

Now as for motion controls, I actually agree that they are important. A lot of games would be able to have deeper and more challenging combat I think.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@burock76

Some developer a while back said VR was a fad. And I'm inclined to believe him. After all, it doesn't change the way you play.... Its just an alternative display....

VR is to Gaming what 3D is to Movies. Even if it did have insightfull applications, they will never be fully realised because its all gona be shut down by gimmicks and PR "Be in the Game" "The Matrix is Coming" "Take the Red Pill"

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@cooolio

I don't think story and graphics (on a case by case basis) contributes to gaming...... it contributes to how we perceive games.....

Some people need more than just what gameplay has to offer to really get into a game.... Naturally developers dip into tricks from other mediums to accomodate everyone, some people cant get into reading with out pictures, some people can't get into music without cocaine, its all the same. I can deal with it because it usually doesn't interfere with the gameplay.....

As for Motion controls.... We are an extemely long way from Deep and Meaningfull motion gameplay..... For now its application is good for intuitive immitation..... In Wii Tennis you swing the WiiMote like you would a racket, same thing in Kinect Adeventures.

I really am very dissapointed in Microsoft dropping kinect.....

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MirkoS77

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MirkoS77

You have a tendency to get personal with your arguments. I believe you were the user that labeled me "high maintenance", and now my views also apparently make me "insecure" and "emo". This attitude speaks much higher on your insecurities and overall maturity than it does mine. But if you want to get personal, as you have with me on numerous occasions (which is admittedly starting to piss me off), then I'll abide you.

Frankly, you are everything that is wrong with many gamers today. What you want, what you admire, is a dumbing down of gaming. Well, hallelujah to you, brother......that you find Wii Sports and Kinect Adventures to be two examples of the best things to come out of last gen speaks volumes as to what you really value in games: absolutely nothing worth having. You simply want cheap, thoughtless fun. You want a remote control to swing so you can really feel like you hit that home run while being content with watching GCN caliber visuals with according physics. You are content with doing the motions in front of Kinect's camera and having the game do all the work for you, not realizing that these so-called innovations you so highly praise are nothing more than the merest of cheap superficialities that in actuality are doing nothing but degrading what you proclaim to defend and so highly value.

And if so, good for you. But you don't get to call it something it's not. You may also find that type of game a fulfilling experience, but for me, I prefer the precision and advancements contemporary controls and next-gen hardware gives. The accuracy of dual analog sticks which can read hundreds of the most intricate of positions, pressure sensitive buttons, a console that has the power to process intensive physics so I can actually have a realistic say in where I hit the ball with my inputs, and presentation that can convey the emotion and spectacle of a real baseball game as only next-gen can, thanks. I want hardware that has the ability to afford me skill and lends me credit as a player. That awards me that high maintenance credential criteria of yours: immersion. All of this that grants me, and defines, true gameplay.

Is that what makes someone a high maintenance gamer to you? Because that's all I desire, really, and I don't think it's asking all that much. And it has nothing to do with being emo, insecurity, or any other nonsensical rationale you think it is.

Do you really believe arbitrarily waving your arms around like you're bowling or playing baseball is having much of an impact on where the in-game ball actually goes to the extent that a traditional controller can't do better with a beast of a machine backing it up, or jumping up and down in front of a camera constitutes decent gameplay? Sorry, it doesn't. It's cheapened is what it is. It's control stripped directly out of your hands and simplified so the illusion that something much grander is going on when in actuality the player has much less say even though their actions are more involved. It's all only an illusion.

I find it humorous that you believe you advocate on the side of gameplay, yet you then cite the Kinect and the Wii as examples in support. The only game that I saw last gen that really, truly utilized the Wii-mote to any substantial extent that even began to justify its existence was Skyward Sword. One game. And yet, even then the tech was still sub-par enough after an upgrade that the damn thing had to continually be re-calibrated during play to function properly. That, and other previous gen games whose "innovation" amounted to what essentially was a laser pointer (Metroid Primes, RE4, Pikmin re-releases as well as the SMGs). Wii Sports and all the other shovelware did nothing to improve gameplay whatsoever, all they did was flood retail shelves with plastic trash attachments to aid the illusion, and are titles utterly worthless when viewed from a gameplay standpoint when looked for any real degree of depth. Yet you hold them up as shining examples to be admired and something that the industry should attempt to copy. No. Until they can offer me a technology that will be able to fully realize the potential at a price point and utilization that is both practical and useful past the point of what contemporary input methods have thus far achieved, I want nothing to do with them. And sorry, they haven't done that yet. Not even close.

And this is the problem, and where you are also mistaken in your assumptions. I'm not entirely against motion controls or the Kinect. Actually I'm all for these types advancements--as long as they're actual advancements. The tech is just not there yet. In 90% of cases so far, traditional controllers still offer the better experience. And sorry to say, Wii Sports isn't better. It's, for lack of a better term, casualized shit. The tennis gameplay in Wii Sports is not better than that found in Topspin 4. Seriously man, if you really want to advocate better gameplay, then you should be behind the driving force in the industry that will enable it (hint: it's not gimmicky, inaccurate, cheap control methods). You can believe the improvements we'll be seeing many years from now will only be in graphics, but it's not the truth.

"You may kiss gameplay goodbye". Like Nintendo largely did by vomiting up that sewage known as the Wii up with all the shovelware and cheap accessories that went with it? Or MS did with the Kinect and exemplified with the flood of amazingly innovative games that proved how dull and boring gaming had become? Right. Why don't you list for me the huge catalog of Wii or Kinect software that redefined the way games are played today? Luckily, MS has finally come to its senses, and Nintendo's once again adopted a more traditional controller, and so we will again see the progression of real gameplay innovation, albeit accomplished where it's actually relevant.....in the software.

Honestly, I'm really getting sick and tired of this shit.

/rant

P.S.- Btw, if Nintendo dies, it'll be because it's being run by a bunch of stubborn, arrogant, outdated, ignorant, out-of-touch morons that are running the business like it's 1990 and exists in a bubble. Nothing else.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

We have to remember PS4 and Xbox One aren't massive jumps up from PS3 and 360 not in graphical power, but the thing is the bench mark has been set by the end of last gen anyway games like The Last Of Us, GTA5, Beyound 2 souls and now Infamous Second Son that is where the graphics should be on games which are meant to be more realistic looking anyway.

Next Gen for is not about the graphics as long as there at their top end of what there trying to do but the AI is what I truly want from next gen, with the extra Ram and better GPU, I'm expecting alot more intelligent NPCs,

Take for Example in a sports game I want the opponents to ware down as much as I do, act to the situation rather than running it's on set of rules, I want other survivors to act like a survivor, I want people in open world games to go about there business, I want shops to close at night I want owners to go home, I want the open world to feel alive and yet sound asleep when the time comes, I want more human like tendicies from guards to shop owners to fighters to athletes to just that folk walking by, for me that is what next gen is. anything inbetween is just a suped up ps3/360 era game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

Its not personal... Infact I don't consider anybody I meet online a human being, another plus for Nintendo in the form of Local Co-op. As far as I'm concerned you're all Corrupt AI applications created by Skynet to kill Nintnendo.

Anyway..... I'm pretty diverse, I'l play any gameplay focused game regardless of the genre. I can go from Kinect Adventures to Street Fighter to Portal to Testament of Sherlock Holmes..... I don't mean to sound like a self righteous douche (Actually I do but thats not important) but I'm pretty sure I have a bigger appreciation of gaming and the entire Interactive Medium than you do, I'm into exerting thoughtfull effort just as much as I am into just having thoughtless fun, I'm getting the most out of this medium and I'm loving every moment of it ..... With that being said.... I'm sure you were around when gaming wasn't so mainstream as it is today, I'm sure you were on the receiving end of "games are not art" type of ignorance.... I'm just doing that for Motion Controls, its gona get there eventually... You do realise that right ?

Another thing thats clearly sailed over your head is Motion Controls are More Precise than controllers... Or alteast they will be, they're new and just getting started, your precious controllers have pretty much hit the top of their peak, Nintendo Realised that in 2006, Even PC Gamers are getting into Motion Controls. I think you've been gaming so long you've forgotten the intricacies of reality, by Undermining Wii Tennis you Undermine real tennis, by Undermining Wii Bowling you Undermine real bowling both of which require 100 000 hours to master, I know they are not the same but do you honestly believe a controller would do a better job ? I'm sorry I called you high maintenance and insecure... Now you're just Ridiculous.

It goes both ways, Arbitrarily Mashing Buttons and flicking the Stick doesn't constitute real gameplay either. See I can do it too, is your sense of logic suffering because your mad at me ? Am I driving you crazy. Going by your own logic then you, sir, are just as delusional as I am if you think any movement you make will register as correct inWii Sports. You've been mashing buttons for so long you forgotten what real bowling looks and feels like. FYI its something that can't be distilled into a series of button presses, that sir is not bowling. Infact I don't think theres a substitute for any sport, but if there was, it would be on Motion Controls. You know what maybe I was wrong. I dont think you know what it was like to be around when gaming was under as much scrutiny as motion controls are now. I wouldn't be surprized if you were like "Pong is not a real sport".

FYI, the controller didnt get better by hiding in a corner and revealing itself when it was perfect, it took years of testing experimenting and trial and error, only some one as jaded as you would use that logic to justify their oppinion towards Motion Controls. You are lazy, get off your couch and have fun like a normal person.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@bezza2011

Realistic isn't the right word.... They are suppose to be much more detailed..... Thats the purpose of graphics.... You watched James Cameron's Avatar right ? Its obviously not realist but it is extremely detailed. Vocabulary is very important.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bezza2011

@Lulu_Lulu: Either way it's the AI I want to see making the biggest leaps in gaming more than the graphics.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

@bezza2011

This is something I hope to see in Alien Isolation, the Alien is having its own team designing its behavior.... It all sound pretty good.... They also planning on simulating its ability to learn..... They plan on doing this by only starting with the most simple part of its AI Algorithm and unlocking more and more parts of its code as you play along. Simulated Learning Intelligence. It all sounds very ambitious but I hope they succeed, they sound pretty confident like they pulled it off already.

Now that I think about it.... Stealth games seem to be the most AI oriented games.... Is that your type of genre ?

High-Res

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 High-Res
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

@Enfamous_Mr_BHC: Currently there is only ONE TRUE Next Gen game on the Market and it is Battlefield on the Ps4 & XBOX One.

That's it. That is the only current game that highlights what the new systems are capable of.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MirkoS77

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MirkoS77

Its not personal... Infact I don't consider anybody I meet online a human being, another plus for Nintendo in the form of Local Co-op. As far as I'm concerned you're all Corrupt AI applications created by Skynet to kill Nintnendo.

Anyway..... I'm pretty diverse, I'l play any gameplay focused game regardless of the genre. I can go from Kinect Adventures to Street Fighter to Portal to Testament of Sherlock Holmes..... I don't mean to sound like a self righteous douche (Actually I do but thats not important) but I'm pretty sure I have a bigger appreciation of gaming and the entire Interactive Medium than you do, I'm into exerting thoughtfull effort just as much as I am into just having thoughtless fun, I'm getting the most out of this medium and I'm loving every moment of it ..... With that being said.... I'm sure you were around when gaming wasn't so mainstream as it is today, I'm sure you were on the receiving end of "games are not art" type of ignorance.... I'm just doing that for Motion Controls, its gona get there eventually... You do realise that right ?

Another thing thats clearly sailed over your head is Motion Controls are More Precise than controllers... Or alteast they will be, they're new and just getting started, your precious controllers have pretty much hit the top of their peak, Nintendo Realised that in 2006, Even PC Gamers are getting into Motion Controls. I think you've been gaming so long you've forgotten the intricacies of reality, by Undermining Wii Tennis you Undermine real tennis, by Undermining Wii Bowling you Undermine real bowling both of which require 100 000 hours to master, I know they are not the same but do you honestly believe a controller would do a better job ? I'm sorry I called you high maintenance and insecure... Now you're just Ridiculous.

It goes both ways, Arbitrarily Mashing Buttons and flicking the Stick doesn't constitute real gameplay either. See I can do it too, is your sense of logic suffering because your mad at me ? Am I driving you crazy. Going by your own logic then you, sir, are just as delusional as I am if you think any movement you make will register as correct inWii Sports. You've been mashing buttons for so long you forgotten what real bowling looks and feels like. FYI its something that can't be distilled into a series of button presses, that sir is not bowling. Infact I don't think theres a substitute for any sport, but if there was, it would be on Motion Controls. You know what maybe I was wrong. I dont think you know what it was like to be around when gaming was under as much scrutiny as motion controls are now. I wouldn't be surprized if you were like "Pong is not a real sport".

FYI, the controller didnt get better by hiding in a corner and revealing itself when it was perfect, it took years of testing experimenting and trial and error, only some one as jaded as you would use that logic to justify their oppinion towards Motion Controls. You are lazy, get off your couch and have fun like a normal person.

Right......aaannd, I'm done. I should've predicted as much, although I was holding out hope we could discuss this civilly.

Please don't bother responding to me in the future nor in other topics, your manner of discourse makes you simply not worth the bother.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
@jeager_titan said:

AI.

This, though one can argue that the Xbox One is considered next gen due to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 relying on upscaling from 576p or 600p

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

Fine...... But if you say anything about casuals, and gameplay and "next-gen" or anything at all really then I'l have no choice. feel free to talk about strategy games... Thats uncharted territory for me.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#30 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Enfamous_Mr_BHC: Infamous SS and Titanfall i think are the games that are the most next gen feel

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MirkoS77

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MirkoS77

Fine...... But if you say anything about casuals, and gameplay and "next-gen" or anything at all really then I'l have no choice. feel free to talk about strategy games... Thats uncharted territory for me.

Well, you feel free. But don't expect to be anything but ignored in return. That is, unless you can be respectful and not punctuate your points with snide insinuations and continual insults.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

I was just describing. If you don't want to be insulted then don't say things like motion controls are ruining gaming.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MirkoS77

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MirkoS77

I was just describing. If you don't want to be insulted then don't say things like motion controls are ruining gaming.

So you're unable to discuss views you disagree with without resorting to insults? How do you get through life in such a way, or is this behavior reserved exclusively for the net because of the anonymity it offers you? I can speak my mind however I damn well please and I don't need your permission, thanks, and if you are unable to not degrade those you're addressing while trying to get your point across, again, then you're not worth engaging.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

Well in Reall life.... Everone including my friends just aren't the passionate gamer I am and they don't want to know why things are the way they are and have a very Axiomatic outlook towards gaming..... They just wouldn't get things like Ludonarrative Dissonance.....

Yesterday I had to Explain to Bongoleena (not his/her real name) exactly what DRM is and why he should do alil more research before purchasing Assassin's Creed 2. You see the level of contextual intelligence I have to deal with on a weekly basis ?

I'd rather deal with your riduculous ramblings (Its not an Insult, its just the truth, which happens to be insulting) then the lack of passion out there.

I'm not telling you what to do....... I'm just pointing out you can do better.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MirkoS77

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MirkoS77

Well in Reall life.... Everone including my friends just aren't the passionate gamer I am and they don't want to know why things are the way they are and have a very Axiomatic outlook towards gaming..... They just wouldn't get things like Ludonarrative Dissonance.....

Yesterday I had to Explain to Bongoleena (not his/her real name) exactly what DRM is and why he should do alil more research before purchasing Assassin's Creed 2. You see the level of contextual intelligence I have to deal with on a weekly basis ?

I'd rather deal with your riduculous ramblings (Its not an Insult, its just the truth, which happens to be insulting) then the lack of passion out there.

I'm not telling you what to do....... I'm just pointing out you can do better.

What I see is the level of intelligence your postings and responses are indicative of, and from both your use of grammar and pointless rebuttals that are nothing but transparent venues for your passive aggressiveness, this is not meant as a compliment. If you're going to condescend to others, then you best have a better foundation to stand upon than the one you present. You touch a nerve in me for some reason. It isn't worth it, and I was foolish to continue this in the hopes you'd prove me wrong.

So long.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

Whats grammar have to do with anything ?

Alot of People here, including you, have a compartmentalizing problem..... My poor english is not a reflection of intelligence towards gaming.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bezza2011

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@bezza2011

This is something I hope to see in Alien Isolation, the Alien is having its own team designing its behavior.... It all sound pretty good.... They also planning on simulating its ability to learn..... They plan on doing this by only starting with the most simple part of its AI Algorithm and unlocking more and more parts of its code as you play along. Simulated Learning Intelligence. It all sounds very ambitious but I hope they succeed, they sound pretty confident like they pulled it off already.

Now that I think about it.... Stealth games seem to be the most AI oriented games.... Is that your type of genre ?

had to quote as it was to far up the page, but yes Alien Isolation looks like the turning point in AI or so it seems, cannot wait to play it.

I like a few genre's to be fair, I love the third person action adventures but more for the stories they tell than the gameplay, and I do love a good stealth game which concentrates on stealth more than having to kill a load of people, I love a good mystery game as well quite enjoyed LA Noire for it's unqiue approach I'd of liked more stuff to do and more stuff to solve than there was, but my ultimate genre and where my heart draws to is point and click adventures just finished up the new broken sword and i absolutely loved it and i love monkey island. lol how about yourself??

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lulu_Lulu

@bezza2011

Me ?

I'm strictly into Co-op..... Literally any genre as long as its co-op.

But I have to play alone, like I have for the past 8 months then Action Oriented Puzzle Games (like Portal, Trine, Limbo) are my cup of tea..... I'm also into to twitch genres like Hack n Slash, Fighting + Racinging Gamers, and Platformers.....

As much As I love shooters I've been giving them a wide berth lately.

And lastly, Adventure games.... I'm new to the genre and theres not many I can play on my 360 but I'm loving it so far.

I'm very conflicticted about stealth.... Its a very smart genre beat I feel so cowardly sneaking around. Games like Batman's Stealth modes feel different because He's more of a predator than a coward.....sometimes I throw battarangs against walls near a thug just to watch him panick.... It really brings out me inner Sadist.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bezza2011

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@bezza2011

Me ?

I'm strictly into Co-op..... Literally any genre as long as its co-op.

But I have to play alone, like I have for the past 8 months then Action Oriented Puzzle Games (like Portal, Trine, Limbo) are my cup of tea..... I'm also into to twitch genres like Hack n Slash, Fighting + Racinging Gamers, and Platformers.....

As much As I love shooters I've been giving them a wide berth lately.

And lastly, Adventure games.... I'm new to the genre and theres not many I can play on my 360 but I'm loving it so far.

I'm very conflicticted about stealth.... Its a very smart genre beat I feel so cowardly sneaking around. Games like Batman's Stealth modes feel different because He's more of a predator than a coward.....sometimes I throw battarangs against walls near a thug just to watch him panick.... It really brings out me inner Sadist.

I like how you see stealth games lol you feel cowardly, How old are you??

I've been playing games since the Atari days, I've seen enough shooters to last me a life time, which is why I'm more into Stealth and more games which gives me a challenge intellectually ,

But don't get me wrong I love a good shoot out, I don't mind Co-Op but for me problem I have is I have a Mrs, a little girl and one on the way.

I have so little time in my life to truly get involved into Co-Op and online play, that I stick more to single player games so I can turn it off when I'm needed instantly, accept my odd games of Fifa lol, but even then I'm playing with a child infront of my screen trying to pick the players off the screen hahahaha

It's probably the reason why I can't get into WatchDogs way to many distractions, that's why I'm taking my PS4 to work all week next week to just nail it and see if i can get my head round the controls lol

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Very few of the games released on the PS4 could have played in the same way on the PS3. Seems like the very definition of the word to me.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lulu_Lulu

@bezza2011

I'm 22... 1st time I've ever heard about the Atari was 5 years ago. And I only foggy memories of my brother getting mad everytime I pressed start on the controller in contra when I've already used up all my 1ups and started leaching off his...... At which point he would say: "Lets play Mortal Kombat" and he could kick my ass up and down the screen. :( I was about 4 years old I think.... Then at 7 I went to boarding school and didn't get back into games until 14. I guess I' ve always been into Local Co-op. Its just such a bondiing experienced.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lulu_Lulu

@geniobastardo

What about Controls ?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

AI,animations and graphics

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lulu_Lulu

@geniobastardo

Well the mouse is still leagues ahead of the Controller in FPS games and I still have so many Idle fingers when Using a controller..... So I would insist they keep working on them, its far from Perfect.

But if you disagree I can just apply your own logic to Physics, I'm not even gona type the whole thing.... I'l just paraphrase your own words with alil editing:

"Physics" are as good as they are. That stuff is better kept to the devs themselves. "Physics" doesn't have to evolve with every gen. They depend solely on the game and how the devs assign them.

I'm quite pleased with myself.... :)

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

Truthfully, we cannot really define what next gen gameplay really is. With each new generation of consoles you have new expectations. Actually, we have new expectations with each new groundbreaking game. Now, as for me, I just expect this generation to offer more dynamic gameplay and to just deliver games where scientific laws play a stronger role in gameplay. Also, I would not mind having games whose own worlds whose own laws that are established in their worlds and lore ( such as rpgs) play a role in gameplay.

And give players more choice in how missions turn out. Oh, and open world games that actually give the player a role outside of the story. I liked GTA V, but I would hardly consider it to be the pinnacle of open world games. Out side of the story, you barely had any real interesting things to do unless you goofed around in the sandbox. The world was alive though.

ON A SIDE NOTE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I have encountered and issue where when I sign in, it still says to sign or sign up in the top right hand corner. In some case, I can rectify the issue by refreshing the page, but I would run into it again after going to other areas of the site.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@geniobastardo

Actually theres no need to get so drastic.....I've already solved this Problem Along time ago..... You remember the Track Pads on the Steam Controller ?

Replace the Right Stick of a Xbox Controller with one of those and BAM ! Better Accuracy in Shooting Games. Its more precise because it allows you to snap you thumb quickly to where the Cross Hairs need to be and it alot more comfortable because its not a stick, resisting your thumb. And it wont have a negative impact on any other Genres because they don't require continuous Application like the Triggers and The Left Stick do. :)

Once again.... Feeling very pleased with myself :p .