What is too much.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lethal_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Lethal_Gopher
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
Vidoe games have already pushed the violence envelope to the extreme.  violence has been about maxed out, despite how creative you get, games have shown that no method of death is too much.  How about beyond that.  Would detailed drug use systems (though they already exsist with both real and imaginary drugs) or detail sex systems pushe the limit farther?  Can a game be too violent or extreme.  Please state your honest opinion.  My opinion is yes (just to start off), I already think that GTA games are worthless because they don't set any boundries for success.  Despite a crap story mode, there is nothing to reward play.  My opinion is that having fun because the game presents suffereing is messed up.  D o you all agree? Or am I just an old fogie.
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
I don't agree. Sex and drugs don't inspire me, but video games, much like art and video, should be able to express whatever they believe. Just increase ESRB crackdowns, and if you don't want to play those games, then don't. I for one don't play them, but I think they should indeed be available.
Revelade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Revelade
Member since 2005 • 1862 Posts
Rewarding play? Do you see how odd this is? It's like thinking YOU should be paid to watch a movie. A game being played is supposed to be a reward in itself. You are supposed to enjoy what you are doing. If you have to be rewarded for playing... maybe you aren't playing for the right reason.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
They need games of all different types of genres to interest each different type of gamers. Many people will agree with you and disagree. Myself I think game makers should put whatever they want in games whether I disagree or agree. I love realistic games that push the limit and many people do and don't. It's just up to different tastes in games.
kanedajjj5757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 kanedajjj5757
Member since 2007 • 1632 Posts

Just to start i have played every GTA game ever to come out, and i am not a sadistic person - i just like GTA's non-linear exploration system and overall object of the game is to pull jobs (not to brutaly slaughter civilians and police officers). i am not a violent man what so ever, yet i play some violent games like Postal 2 for example. the point is that game experiences are only as bad as people want them to be. if some guy buys a GTA game just to randomly go on a killing spree killing innocents and police then... that IS just plain messed up. however, that's not the main object of the game even if it's a function within it...