What are you playing when you are feeling down?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for wildstrawberrie
wildstrawberrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By wildstrawberrie
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Hi!

I'm writing about peoples game choices when they are depressed and see if it's any different from people who are not for my bachelor thesis in Game Design.

I would really appreciate if you would like to answer my short survey. I promise that you will be anonymous and I don't need any personal information about you and I will look att the responses as a whole and not write or show anyone a specific response.

Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/SLMgtFp62XxW0pnZ2

Thanks in advance! :)

(If you have any questions you can message me private and I promise the conversation will stay between us)

Also, I'm new to this forum and I read the rules about posting. I hope this is not classified as spam or if I should move this to another part of the forum. Please don't be afraid to tell me if that is the case!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't get depressed anymore cuz I'm on meds

windows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 windows
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I love to playing games when i feel boar. Generally i play the video games but i love to play with the Rubik's Cube. It is a 3-D combination puzzle. If you don't know how to solve a Rubik's Cube than don't worry visit how to solve a rubik's cube http://teachmehowto.co/ for help.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@wildstrawberrie: Only example for what games I wouldn't play when feeling distraught is anything out my comfort-zone or new. I enjoy a lot of games so what is playable while "feeling down" is many_

Would just play a game I know is fun.

Still playing a lot of Monster Hunter: World regardless of my mood.

Recently started a new playthrough of The Evil Within 2; checking out that first person mode. Which honestly is pretty terrible, and my current mood may lose patience with it soon because TEW plays and handles much better in third person. .

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@sukraj: if you want to help him stop your meds and see what game takes your fancy ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Kaboom on the Atari 2600 is my go-to game for when I'm feeling down. I find it to be the perfect game for when I'm feeling down because to do well at that game, it requires me to focus 100% on catching those bombs that are coming down so fast that I don't have time to think about anything else but the game. So whatever was bothering me disappears from my mind since the only thing that the game allows me to have time to think about is catching those bombs.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

There's a few games that I like to play when I'm really depressed.

• The original Mirror's Edge the atmosphere to me is uplifting with the sunny skies and bright colors I also sometimes I like to play this in VR for extra immersion.
  • F.E.A.R. although this is a horror game the gun battles help me relieve stress and depression also some of lighting in this game I notice has a uplifting effect I also play this in VR too. Interesting note last year I was feeling down so I decided to play this game in the Rift again and that night something different happen to me that I never experience in VR again. While I was playing it I was just admiring the lighting in the game starring at it and all of sudden I felt a serotonin boost in my brain it was amazing feeling that I never had happen again.
  • GTA V the LA setting I find it peaceful I really like the way the ocean waves move and the ambience sounds also the game always gives me a 4th July feeling when I'm in the desert I have no idea why but it feels good.
xenopod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xenopod2
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

anything retro

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

Stardew Valley.

/thread

Loodko_Koopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Loodko_Koopus
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts

Something that doesn't require me to pay too much attention to it, but is still very engaging. No story or anything, just pure gameplay, like Rocket League.

Avatar image for wildstrawberrie
wildstrawberrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wildstrawberrie
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Sorry for such a late reply!

This is really interesting. Do you mind to fill out my survey with that information as well? Because that would be really helpful :)

Here is the link again to that: https://goo.gl/forms/m5glUNBW1IQ5TGm63

Even if you don't suffer from depression you can fill this out :)

Bpendleton44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bpendleton44
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

N64

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

When I feel down I play This War of Mine and than I realize my life isn't so bad

Wigglebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wigglebot
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Undertale