Viewtiful Joe too tough?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts
I found it for $9.99 in a bargin bin so I figured I'd give it a try. Wow, I wish I didn't. It's so hard it's not even fun.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

If you die too many times, the game asks you if you want to play on easy mode. Also, just follow along and use the moves the game teaches you. If you die, you can still use the same moves, and you should be able to progress step-by-step with more life each time.

This is a Clover game, it has wacky, enthralling action in it, you just have to get good to see it.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Corvidae
Clover made Okami too easy and VJ too tough. Looks like they couldn't find a middle ground.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
I want this game so bad
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I want this game so badkrunkfu2

Dude, it's like $7.99 now, its almost that cheap in europe too. Call your local gamestore and have them find you one. If they don't have a copy, they can probably get one in 1-2 days. For eight bucks, you'll spend a dollar an hour on the easiest play-through. And probably another 8 completing the game in full.

Defintely a bargain.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Corvidae

I want this game so badkrunkfu2

Yeah, I found about 20 of them in the Best Buy bargin bin.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

If you think Viewtiful Joe is hard, practice. I didn't think it was anything compared to some Mega Man games that I've played, and I can usually beat those within a week.

Viewtiful Joe was one of my favorite experiences of the last generation. The toughest difficulty mode (yes, there are harder modes that can be unlocked) is the only one I could never beat.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
I played viewtiful joe for the first time on adults....very nice, not saying its easy, it had its moments but once you get the hang of it it'll be easy, by the way, when you play a game on the hardest difficulty there is without playing an easier before, you'll feel like you doing something coz it feels so good when you finish it, personally...i havent played a game harder than godhand on hard mode ....damn!!
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#9 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
Yeah when I first played it it took me a few tries to get past the first level. But eventually I took my time and did the commands they told me too and I got through it. It kind of gets easier once you pass the first level. At least in regards to when you die, you wont restart the entire stage over again.
ihatefamilyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 ihatefamilyguy
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts
I found it for $9.99 in a bargin bin so I figured I'd give it a try. Wow, I wish I didn't. It's so hard it's not even fun.Corvidae
keep at it! it's a hard game but it sure is fun!
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I completed VJ in under a day...and I'm not exactly an amazing gamer, it's just that I'm good at understanding how a game works and how the developers intended it to be played. It's far less frustrating than say...Ninja Gaiden on the XBOX.

A few tips I can give are, firstly when activating a dodge animation in slowmotion, let go of the slow motion trigger (you know he is going to dodge it once the animation starts, don't waste VFX watching the animation in slow-mo!).

Secondly, when in slow motion hold the speed up trigger as well (you can run almost twice as fast whilst slowed down).

Thirdly, the most powerful technique in the game, SLOW+ZOOM+Hold Punch. This attack will literally level some of the bosses on the first two difficulties in seconds.

4thly, and a bit of a cheap one perhaps. Buy bombs. If you speed attack them you can create Joe clones to fetch items in the background. This is useful for when there are no enemies to fight and you really want that item in the background! It also takes away the pressure to try and obtain the item in the background whilst fighting.

Lastly, when fighting anything that involves an explosion, slow that explosion down to multiply the damage significantly. You can use this to send missles back at helicopters and do big damage (failing that, dogde ann enemy attack and then slow-smack them into the thing you want to hurt).

That's some of the stuff I can remember of the top of my head.

Giangio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Giangio
Member since 2003 • 11759 Posts
The problem with this game is the part where it makes you face all the bosses again, with no save points. I hate when game developers do this so much.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
The game is indeed challenging,but the action and gameplay of Viewtiful Joe is so much fun and satisfying,I just kept trying and trying until I was able to beat it.And it was worth it.Now I feel like going back and beating it on the higher difficulties...
vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

I also just recently bought it for ps2 at $5 from gamestop.

It is pretty hard.

I havent played okami. Waiting for it to be $20 or less.

s7aTyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 s7aTyC
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
Is it harder than God Hand ? Cause i've beated God Hand on Normal 3-4 times and it's so fun and i really didn't feld frustrated.