Ultra Street Fighter IV -- Decapre Bump!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Prodigy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Prodigy_basic
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

yeah, i'm with you guys about it being a slow year...unless i'm forgetting something or a sleeper hit comes along, this is all that's on my plate this year:

• street fighter IV
  • killzone 2
  • resident evil 5
  • nba 2k10
  • rock band - beatles edition

and i'm throwing in tekken 6 and the new halo co-op title in the "maybe" bin...i bought 3 times as many games last year...

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts
[QUOTE="martialbullet"]

So it's released on the 17th right? Right?! The exact day, not the day after??! Sorry for the outburst, but I feel like I need to get this game as soon as possible! :? Another day without SF4 is another day I get crazier........

Phantom_Leo

Someone restrain this man!

Hate to be the one to tell you, but as far as I know, there WON'T be a street date (ironic, isn't it?) for Street Fighter, meaning it will be shipped on the 17th to be in stores on the 18th.

9 more days to go!

Darn, I knew it :x
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts
Sorry for bringing this back up, but getting back to Rose & Bison, I don't think that Rose is a Evil person.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20973 Posts
Sorry for bringing this back up, but getting back to Rose & Bison, I don't think that Rose is a Evil person.garland51
Of course she isn't. To explain it to the best of my ability, she's the "good" part of him that his own personality purged when he started using the psycho-power, but was reabsorbed later on, prior to Street Fighter II. (source: Street Fighter Alpha 3, All About Street Fighter Zero 3) Most likely, her appearance in SFIV suggests that although Bison survived Gouki's beatdown at Street Fighter II, a side-effect was that Rose was "knocked" out of him as a result.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

I've been clamoring for some impressions on the upcoming Mad Catz pads, and am hoping that someone will post some as soon as they get their hands on one. HiResDes

The pads work better than any previous 6-button fightpad out before.

The sides are rubberized so you can grip them very well.

I'd say width-wise it's about a total inch or so wider than a Dual Shock.

The surface is very flat and just wide enough apart so as to not have the digital pad movement interfere with button presses. It's very hard to describe, but the way the weight is distributed and how your hands sit, along with the rubberized grips, put your center of gravity for each hand just exactly where it is supposed to be in relation to the buttons and the pad.

The buttons are about 1/3 bigger than the Dual Shock and seem to be ever so slightly convex; they give a little less resistance than the dual shocks, as they are not analog, but the resulting soft "click" sound let's you know you the button is definitely being pressed.

The d-pad is circular and floats; you can choose analog or digital movement with it (and choose between it being the left stick or right stick, IF you ever decide to use this with another game... why?)... The floating d-pad lends itself sooo well to the rotational movements in the game that the dual shock and the 360 pads are left not even being a viable option.

The PS3 are wireless and come with a thumb-drive-sized dongle that plugs into your usb port. The 360 are wired.

Not too heavy, not too light; the blending of the plastic and the rubber seems to make it a very good weight and more durable than I thought they would be.

The difference it's made for me, playing SF HD Remix, was immediate. Where I could get a Shouryuuken out 1 out of every 3 attempts. (Pathetic, I know.) Now I am doing Three and Four in a row without giving it a second thought.

I've never like Mad Catz products in the past, but this is a VERY well made controller!

If you aren't a stick player, you literally have NO OTHER OPTION, as you will not be able to keep up with the stick players and the fightpad crowds. The pecking order for people playing Street Fighter seriously is easily: Stick>FightPad>Dual Shock>360 Pad.

I CANNOT WAIT TO TRY SFIV FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH THIS PAD ! ! !

9. MORE. DAYS.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Phantom_Leo

Tiger!

(Translation: Sagat's moves montage is now available in his profile!)

ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts

Thanks for that review, Leo.

I think I'm gonna pick up that sweet Ryu 360 pad!:D

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 martialbullet
I really want to get that Mad catz fight pad. Why is the 360 pad wired only though? :? I may have missed it, but what's the price? I was hoping to get a heavy duty arcade stick, but since money is tight I'll be lucky if I can get the pad.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Phantom_Leo

I really want to get that Mad catz fight pad. Why is the 360 pad wired only though? :? I may have missed it, but what's the price? I was hoping to get a heavy duty arcade stick, but since money is tight I'll be lucky if I can get the pad. martialbullet

According to the Gaming-Age Review:

"Thanks to Microsoft's exorbitant licensing fees and proprietary Xbox 360 wireless controller code, it was not possible for Mad Catz to make a wireless Xbox 360 version. So the only option is a wired FightPad controller on that platform. In terms of wireless, in order to keep the cost as low as possible for the PS3 controller, they opted to utilize 2.4GHz RF wireless via an included dongle instead of Bluetooth."

The price of each is $39.99

Best Buy has the 360 FightPads available in-store now, though in short supply.

I have not seen a PS3 pad in ANY store yet.

KYLEseXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 KYLEseXY
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts
man.. i haven't even played alpha and III...
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 martialbullet

That seems like a very good price. So the PS3 pad uses a USB port? Sounds reasonable.

I might just kick myself for this later on, but I'm getting it! So desperate for precise control........

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts

For $40, I'd substitute the controller for a Hori stick. The stick will cost you the same price in retail. I actually can't play any fighters without a stick ever since I transitioned myself from controller to stick when VF5 came out. It's honestly hard as hell to go back and I don't think I'd ever do such a thing. I'm not knocking you for getting the pad because I think it makes one hell of a collectors item, especially since people are saying the damn things are hard to come by. I just think the stick is a lot more responsive than the controller.

On a side note, Phantom, what came out on VC today? I was looking for you usual thread but I can't seem to find it.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Phantom_Leo

For $40, I'd substitute the controller for a Hori stick. The stick will cost you the same price in retail. I actually can't play any fighters without a stick ever since I transitioned myself from controller to stick when VF5 came out. It's honestly hard as hell to go back and I don't think I'd ever do such a thing. I'm not knocking you for getting the pad because I think it makes one hell of a collectors item, especially since people are saying the damn things are hard to come by. I just think the stick is a lot more responsive than the controller.

On a side note, Phantom, what came out on VC today? I was looking for you usual thread but I can't seem to find it.

Kreatzion

Since the days of the Six-Button Genesis controllers, I have been playing with pads over sticks and I don't think I'll ever be able to make the transition.

Its frightening though, now that I no longer have the Dual Shock as an excuse, I still suck compared to ten years ago! Ah well, the reflexes aren't quite what they used to be. :(

To answer your last question, Click here!

[My VC post isn't quite up to par this week, but that's due entirely to GS' great HTML quirkiness!]

SuperSamyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 SuperSamyon
Member since 2002 • 2185 Posts

I guess here is as good a place as any to put a tribute to one of the greatest Fighting Games of All Time ...that probably none of you played...!

Given a Score of 9.4 right here at GameSpot. It was this game: SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium that threw down the gauntlet and opened the door to two of the industries biggest fighting game developers finally having the chance to go at it.

Fighters clashed, mini-games ensued, but oddly enough no one side ever was declared a victor...

...except for the Gamers that got their hands on this masterpiece, that is!

Look at these pics and reminisce...

**Elderstake note of the little symbol at the lower right hand corner of the screen shots, and try NOT to smile!**

Phantom_Leo

That game was so awesome. I use to play it everytime I went on trips... Man why did I ever stop playing that game!? That alone made the Neo Geo Pocket worth owning.

It also showed that the Neo Geo Pocket thumbstick is still superior than anything Nintendo has ever put out.

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 martialbullet
I've seen the Hori fighting sticks, but the stable looking ones are beyond what my wallet can fork over. I really like the PS3 Hori fighting Stick 3 and 360 Arcade pro EX......hold on a second, I think I can apply for a second job.........
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#216 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
If you want to see how this game will perform in 720p and 60FPS, then check out these vids. Download them and put them on your PS3 or 360, and be amazed. It's like I was actually playing the game!
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#217 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Only 2 days to go now. *manical grin* Quick question: I've checked amazon.co.jp and found absolutely nothing on the fightpads? Are the even being sold in Japan?
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Phantom_Leo

Forgot to mention:

PS3 FightPads DO NOT have a rumble feature.

8 more days 'til SF4 in the U.S. ! ! ! :D

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#219 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts
I believe the sticks should finally be in today. I'll be picking mine up later today and give it a test with SFII HD Remix on the 360. Should be fun! Oh and for those wondering, I pre-ordered the standard edition stick. The tournament edition is too expensive and I don't want to do any kind of modifications or anything like that - just need it to play, that's all.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 King9999
I believe the sticks should finally be in today. I'll be picking mine up later today and give it a test with SFII HD Remix on the 360. Should be fun! Oh and for those wondering, I pre-ordered the standard edition stick. The tournament edition is too expensive and I don't want to do any kind of modifications or anything like that - just need it to play, that's all. Metamania
Really? I'll call up my local EB and see if they have the sticks.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Metamania
[QUOTE="Metamania"]I believe the sticks should finally be in today. I'll be picking mine up later today and give it a test with SFII HD Remix on the 360. Should be fun! Oh and for those wondering, I pre-ordered the standard edition stick. The tournament edition is too expensive and I don't want to do any kind of modifications or anything like that - just need it to play, that's all. King9999
Really? I'll call up my local EB and see if they have the sticks.

They should have them in. They do get released on the 10th of Feb, which is today. Before the 10th even, the sticks have been shipped from Gamestop to other gamers. I know this because some of the gamers over at the Street Fighter/Capcom forums have posted pictures of having them in their possession.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 DarkCatalyst
[QUOTE="Articuno76"]Only 2 days to go now. *manical grin* Quick question: I've checked amazon.co.jp and found absolutely nothing on the fightpads? Are the even being sold in Japan?

Hori's doing their usual stick work in Japan. That's pretty much all the market there's interested in, with prices having gone through the floor. Hopefully they'll be back in the US soon, maybe with something for Tekken 6.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Metamania
As of this writing, ten minutes ago, I just received an automatic phone call from Gamestop, telling me it would be in "Tuesday afternoon." I'll go to the mall, within the hour, and check it out.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Phantom_Leo

Please check out the AWESOME Fei-Long moves montage in his profile.

Why do I love Fei-Long?

He reminds me of Bruce Lee.

Why do I love Bruce Lee?

He KICKED CHUCK NORRIS' ASS ! ! !

[The worst nightmare for a million bored internet fanboys who just won't let a tired joke die. Witness the brutality at 5:50. Why didn't the legend just die there? Why?]

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

I received my PS3 Hori Street Fighter IV stick today and it is package just like a PCB kit, complete with Bezel move sheet and a marque :D I was too late in pre-ordering in the U.S. so I bought the Japanese version the only difference is the move sheet is obviously in Japanese.

Time to try this baby out, be back with impressions on friday.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#226 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Nice, Game Informer named SFIV game of the month!
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Metamania
Link? :P As for my stick, it didn't come in last night at all. They said either today or at the end of the week.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Phantom_Leo

HELP YOUR FELLOW STREET FIGHTER 4 GAMERS OUT ! ! !

If you spot a stick or FightPad available in a particular retailer PLEASE post it here!

I, for one, have seen the 360 FightPads available in every Best Buy I have been in, in the last three days. They only had a maximum of six on the sales floor, but they had all of the characters. I have yet to see a single PS3 FightPad anywhere (other than receiving mine from GameStop Online)!

**Be warned: Clerks at certain stores know these things are scarce and are witholding stock to buy themselves and re-sell online for a profit! DO THE RIGHT THING PEOPLE! No one is going to want to play SFIV with a Dual Shock or 360 Controller! By not letting these products reach the shelves you are GUARANTEEING less sales of this game! DON'T DO IT!**

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 King9999

HELP YOUR FELLOW STREET FIGHTER 4 GAMERS OUT ! ! !

If you spot a stick or FightPad available in a particular retailer PLEASE post it here!

I, for one, have seen the 360 FightPads available in every Best Buy I have been in, in the last three days. They only had a maximum of six on the sales floor, but they had all of the characters. I have yet to see a single PS3 FightPad anywhere (other than receiving mine from GameStop Online)!

**Be warned: Clerks at certain stores know these things are scarce and are witholding stock to buy themselves and re-sell online for a profit! DO THE RIGHT THING PEOPLE! No one is going to want to play SFIV with a Dual Shock or 360 Controller! By not letting these products reach the shelves you are GUARANTEEING less sales of this game! DON'T DO IT!**

Phantom_Leo
I'm experiencing this problem right now. :( I made the mistake by not preordering the FightStick (the standard one). If anyone knows where I could find a stick in the Toronto area, it'd be much appreciated. I'm not beyond getting a stick other than the MadCatz one.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 DarkCatalyst
I do still have a spare Hori that GME was supposed to buy from me over a year ago. I never did anything with it (though I do have a couple of "interested" local players). It's never been opened. Just sat in my room, so it's still brand new...
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Check this out guys! Here's a what if SFIV was made on the Unreal engine.

This is insane!

Confirmed! NEW third person shooter starring Guile coming soon!:P

http://kotaku.com/5151083/what-if-street-fighter-iv-was-built-on-the-unreal-engine

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Phantom_Leo

Please try to keep those Schoolgirl Fantasies in check!

Sakura's Moves Montage now up!

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 martialbullet

Well I just bought a 360 Chun Li fightpad from my local Best Buy and have yet to open it. Only two were left (Ken and Blanka) and I asked an employee if there were any more in stock...his response: No. And for the PS3? All gone. Holy crap, Mad Catz wasn't kidding! Although I'll keep an eye on the store to see if it's really true. I've been had before. Say Phantom, do the 360 fightpads include rumble?

I feel a little envious for those who got the hori sticks :( Checked out on Amazon to see the price; why is the 360 stick more expensive?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Metamania
The Japanese are getting their copies today, I believe. Five more days to go...more like six, really, until we can get our hands on SFIV!
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#235 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I just picked up the Japanese version at my local gaming store, and I must say it's pretty awesome. Most of the menus are in English, voices can be changed to English, and I'm extremely happy about that. The only thing I need is an HDTV now because the menus are hard to read in SDTV mode. Luckily there's a plethora of information on the web if there's something confusing me. I'm pretty terrible at the game, but it's really fun so far. I've only messed around on arcade mode for now, but it's still sweet. I can only imagine what the graphics look like in HD, but I get paid in about a week, so I'm totally getting an HDTV with that money, haha. The game also came with a quick software update which was no biggie. Something like a 5000kb download.

The game also came with the anime dvd... I think. I'll post a pic of the game.

SFIV

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Kreatzion
Damn yokofox. I bet that cost you a lot of money for an import. You couldn't wait until Tuesday to get a cheaper copy?
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 yokofox33

Damn yokofox. I bet that cost you a lot of money for an import. You couldn't wait until Tuesday to get a cheaper copy?Kreatzion

I live in Japan. Japanese money is my only source of income, therefore an English copy would have been almost impossible to obtain. I could have gotten it from play-asia, but again, no Japanese credit card, and my American account has literally no money it. It would have been around the same price anyways. Gotta go with what life gives you I guess.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Kreatzion

[QUOTE="Kreatzion"]Damn yokofox. I bet that cost you a lot of money for an import. You couldn't wait until Tuesday to get a cheaper copy?yokofox33

I live in Japan. Japanese money is my only source of income, therefore an English copy would have been almost impossible to obtain. I could have gotten it from play-asia, but again, no Japanese credit card, and my American account has literally no money it. It would have been around the same price anyways. Gotta go with what life gives you I guess.

Oh so you live in Japan I see. Lucky bastard.

Take that!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-x6R0mKzII&feature=related

Also, is there any DVD's of Bokurano around there. I so want to watch that anime.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 yokofox33
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Kreatzion"]Damn yokofox. I bet that cost you a lot of money for an import. You couldn't wait until Tuesday to get a cheaper copy?Kreatzion

Take that!!!

Also, is there any DVD's of Bokurano around there. I so want to watch that anime.

Never heard of that show, but I'm sure it's around here somewhere. I'm not really in the anime loop anymore.

As for Nico Nico: pure awesome. The 2nd version is also pretty good.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Kreatzion
[QUOTE="Kreatzion"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

Take that!!!

Never heard of that show, but I'm sure it's around here somewhere. I'm not really in the anime loop anymore.

As for Nico Nico: pure awesome. The 2nd version is also pretty good.

I can't stop listening to this thing. I was literally looking up all the anime that I didn't know from the songs. That's where I heard of Bokurano. The song "Uninstall" is so beautiful. The Mega Man parts are really cool too, especially Air Man's theme.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 yokofox33

I can't stop listening to this thing. I was literally looking up all the anime that I didn't know from the songs. That's where I heard of Bokurano. The song "Uninstall" is so beautiful. The Mega Man parts are really cool too, especially Air Man's theme.

Kreatzion

Oh believe me, when I first heard this song many months ago it was continuously put on repeat. It's that epic. My favorite stretch of music are songs 3-5 (too lazy to list them out) and the Okkusenman track. The whole thing is great though. Those 2 parts just stand out for me.

Here's the 2nd track if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-91gWlhilhg

Also, Street Fighter IV is amazing (gotta make it seem like we're on topic...)

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#242 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I've been playing for a few hours. The voices can be set into english or Japanese and set via character however the latter option has to be unlocked (though with that said it unlocks very early on). You can also change the system menu which is odd since the announcer is in english either way, however the song that plays in the background has a lyrics change between languages when you fiddle with this option.

Seth fight is interesting as in the first round he is pathetically easy (you can simply spam any move that has multiple hits over and over and he keels)...then in the 2nd round...oh dear god..power up!!

TBH I didn't like it at first because although the Serve attack (MK+MP) can be used to parry it also forces you to attack after wards which simply is too slow against fast spammy characters. However after reading the manual I've found that you can cancel almost any move into the serve attack and then cancel the serve itself via back and forward dashing (though those following the arcade version probably already now this). The cancel expends 2 of the 4 chunks of your super meter though. You can also ukemi by hitting down as you hit the floor...I didn't notice these when playing so I am gonna try again with those skills in mind.

The manual also labels certain moves as having guard breaking abilities (armour break....I assume this means guard breaking as I've seen something like this)

I've also noticed a really odd quirk with the ultra system in that it has 2 levels of gauge but no matter whne you use it the whole gauge is used up. The manual says that this is because the 2level ultra is more powerful but I didn't notice that much when playing as I was just focusing on getting a feel for the game.

I've only completed the game with Ryu so far and his ending (at least on normal) is VERY abrubt. On a side note the voicing in the cutscenes changes to english with the according language toggle but the subs stay in Japanese. Upon completing the game with Ryu you unlock Sakura.

Also to the other speaker who got the game above. I paid 7,600yen or thereabouts to pick the game up new and received no such bonus :S

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Metamania
IGN review is out, 9.3 for US and 9.5 for UK review. What they describe is pure awesome. dvader654
I just read both reviews. I guess that's the only complaint they have about SFIV - the anime intros and endings, which I can see, since it looks like it came from the team that did Street Fighter Generations. Other than that, it looks awesome!
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 martialbullet

Another good review for SF4 :)

Gosh, I 've been passing the time playing The Anniversary edition and I noticed how rusty I am. Also, does anyone know where the SF4 Tournament sticks will be sold?

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

Gosh, I 've been passing the time playing The Anniversary edition and I noticed how rusty I am. Also, does anyone know where the SF4 Tournament sticks will be sold?

martialbullet
Gamestop but i think for the most part they are sold out already.....well here around me at least I haven't played SF4 in a while so can anyone tell me if they kept the light versions of special moves that destroy fireballs that chars with no projectiles got in HDRemix?
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 martialbullet
[QUOTE="martialbullet"]

webbut
Gamestop but i think for the most part they are sold out already.....well here around me at least

Well it looks like Gamestop is giving it away for Round 3 winners in their national tournament. I'll be lucky if I even win a game or two :(
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Phantom_Leo

IGN.Com 9.3 Review: "Street Fighter IV is a fantastic game overall and Capcom should be commended for designing a game that can work on so many levels by appealing to both casual and hardcore players. I'll admit that when I first heard I was reviewing Street Fighter IV, I wasn't terribly excited. I suppose I just didn't think much of it. But as I played and experimented with each character, fighting a variety of the IGN folks and learning something new with every match, I realized just how irrevocably deep fighting games -- and Street Fighter games in particular -- really are. I encourage everyone to give Street Fighter IV a try, even if you're relatively new to the fighting game scene. There's so much depth to the gameplay that you'll be rewarded long after your purchase."

Watch the Video Review Here!

IGN.Com Street Fighter IV Strategy Video.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Phantom_Leo

The Red Winds blow...

...The Return of the Red Cyclone!

Zangief's Moves Montage is up!

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

Okay, so im all done testing out the Hori PS3 Street Fighter IV stick. Its incredibly responsive to input commands and it seems quite durable for now. I dont really know how it will hold up over time but it's already a vast improvement over the 15th Anniversary stick that came out last gen. My only gripe is the spacing between the joy stick and the buttons one more inch apart would have been perfect for my hands. I also feel that the joy stick is to small for my hands and it's taken me a bit to get use to but now, combos and moves are flowing out of my hands like water. Im gonna get my hands on the tournament edition stick real soon so that I can compare both sticks.

I tested the Stick out on Super Street Fighter II: HD Remix and King of Fighters XI.