This topic is locked from further discussion.

gruntelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gruntelite
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
I dont know about you, but I think Tie Fighter is still the best space combat game to date. There aren't many space combat games made these days, idk why, I played the Project Sylpheed demo, it sucked big time, the controls were all wrong it was just horrible and wierd and confusing. How come games other than Tie Fighter just so rarely understand how to make a good space combat game. Anyways, I grew up playing lots of Tie Fighter and Dark Forces and nothing could make me happier than an updated/modernized Tie Fighter with the same gameplay, this is one genre that is NOT saturated and needs more attention, I would play any decent space combat game and be very happy.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts
I agree with you 100%. Dark Forces and Ties Fighter were the first computer games I ever played. I recently reinstalled Tie Fighter in hopes of playing it but I couldnt get my joystick to work. I might try to buy a new one but for now I cant play it.
gruntelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gruntelite
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
Ive still got DF and TF discs, but they are probably too scratched to use, and I wouldnt be able to figure out how to get it running on this computer, I wish there was something online like Aleph One (for Marathon) but for Tie Fighter or something, oh well, I just wish this genre wasn't so forgotten, it would be fun to have a new installment in it
th0mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 th0mm
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

I Have Never Played Tie Fighter, but i thiught tah Star wars battlefront 2 did Space Combat (starwars style) Justice

Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mantorok
Member since 2002 • 2558 Posts
Yes, DF and TF were class, but why none of you have mentioned its predecessor - X-Wing, that's what started it.
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2096 Posts
Yeah, I miss those old Star Wars combat sims but I'll agree that Tie Fighter was the best one and still my favorite space combat sim ever and it deserves an update.