Students protest Call of Duty World at War's killing of dogs

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts

So I take it that she doesn't like Resident Evil 5 either? Next time I encounter a dog in RE5 where its head spits in two I will run up and give it hug instead of shooting its zombie guts out.

DarkGamer007
Yes because hugging deadly undead dogs won't make Baby Jebus cry.
KINGofSCISSORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 KINGofSCISSORS
Member since 2009 • 120 Posts
what difference r a bunch of students going to do? shut down call of duty lol
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

[QUOTE="Ish_basic"]

I bet she wouldn't care if they were pet attack spiders. See how sacred life is to her when it's crawling down her shirt.

At 19 she should be more concerned with finally getting that high school diploma.

Ish_basic

These are university students, which makes it worse because they should know better or have more important things to do with their life.

quoting your article:

Breanna Lucci, the 19-year-old president of the private high school's Animal Rights Club started a petition against seeing her brother shooting at dogs in the game.

I'd expect this kind of thing from university students.Therewas always some kind of anti/pro something rally going on at UMD, usually from the LA crowd who never have anything important to do besides anticipate Thriday.

Oops, I guess I was wrong. I could've sworn I read they were a club from Notre Dame University .

I guess I got it mixed up:

Students at the Academy of Notre Dame in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts, are up in arms over Activision's Call of Duty World at War for promoting the killing of deadly attack dogs. Breanna Lucci, the 19-year-old president of the private high school's Animal Rights Club started a petition against seeing her brother shooting at dogs in the game. So far more than 100 of Lucci's classmates have signed the petition, which she hopes to forward to Activision, who will do absolutely nothing about it.

So if she's 19 and still in high school, does that mean she was held back a year or flunked? :P

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I hope these people never catch on to what's happenning to rats in games, for I, the great rat slayer of Fallout and Oblivion, have slaughtered countless thousands of digital rats.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

The animal rights group? I think someone forgot to tell her that thepet and pet food industry are anathema to animal liberationists/animal rights activists/PETA-Earth First-ALF-ELF-Greenpeace Hippie Nazis. It would have been more typical if she were at university, but a private high school isn't that far removed from the university "culture." Another week, another movement. Hahaha. Anyone else remember P.C.U.?

I protest against foreign aid with The Underdeveloped Deserve It Fund, and I'm also a financial contributor to the Kill 'Em Brutal Front. We advocate bludgeoning animals to death in the most financially efficient process possible, humane treatment be damned. I'm spearheading a newperspective on college campuses: protesting for causes that aren't left wing for the sole purpose of playing devil's advocate. It's going to be the greatest agitation propaganda in history.

For more information, see my friend's page Dismantling liberal ideologies one moron at a time.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gunswordfist
[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"]

The animal rights group? I think someone forgot to tell her that thepet and pet food industry are anathema to animal liberationists/animal rights activists/PETA-Earth First-ALF-ELF-Greenpeace Hippie Nazis. It would have been more typical if she were at university, but a private high school isn't that far removed from the university "culture." Another week, another movement. Hahaha. Anyone else remember P.C.U.?

I protest against foreign aid with The Underdeveloped Deserve It Fund, and I'm also a financial contributor to the Kill 'Em Brutal Front. We advocate bludgeoning animals to death in the most financially efficient process possible, humane treatment be damned. I'm spearheading a newperspective on college campuses: protesting for causes that aren't left wing for the sole purpose of playing devil's advocate. It's going to be the greatest agitation propaganda in history.

For more information, see my friend's page Dismantling liberal ideologies one moron at a time.

HAHAHAHA! Oh man o man.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

I hope these people never catch on to what's happenning to rats in games, for I, the great rat slayer of Fallout and Oblivion, have slaughtered countless thousands of digital rats.

Palantas
That's actually a good point. Pretty much all fantasy games have rats to kill. As well as spiders.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
I wish someone would do this at my school. I'd like to give them my input.
SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
How 'bout we release a pack of wild dogs (preferably the same breed as the one portrayed in the game) on their next reunion. Let's see how long their animal advocacy last. Seriously, they'll be asking for NRA card holders to show up within 5 seconds ;) j/k
luno-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 luno-gamer
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

HAHA! This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard... Why not protest for animals joining the army?! Video games (especially past and modern war games) Are extremely realistic, and I hate to break it to that weirdo president of the animal rights high skool group, but they had and still have canines in the military. Plus, why not protest against war in general?! Humans are animals too. This is so dumb. People need to get a life and find better things to worry themselves with.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 muthsera666

Why not protest for animals joining the army?!luno-gamer

Why isnt' there outcry for women to register for Selective Service in America? If women want to be treated as euals, why isn't there support for making the women sign up for what guys have to.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I guess I got it mixed up:

Students at the Academy of Notre Dame in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts, are up in arms over Activision's Call of Duty World at War for promoting the killing of deadly attack dogs. Breanna Lucci, the 19-year-old president of the private high school's Animal Rights Club started a petition against seeing her brother shooting at dogs in the game. So far more than 100 of Lucci's classmates have signed the petition, which she hopes to forward to Activision, who will do absolutely nothing about it.

So if she's 19 and still in high school, does that mean she was held back a year or flunked? :P

ASK_Story

At the very least, it means that's she more concerned with everyone else's business than she is with her own.;)

to the Selective service comment from muthsera. I don't get it either. Where's the feminist outcry here? Women can hold assault rifles just as well as men - just ask the Marine Corps.But people never complain about inequality when it works to their advantage. If women want to profit from this country in the same way men do (and I feel it's their right to so profit), then they should shoulder the same responsiblities the men of this country do. Maybe I say this because I'm used to being around strong women..a mother whopretty much ran thefamily when I was growing up, a sister who's an officer in the Air Force. This isn't the 1940s. It's about time both sexes threw their hats into the draft.

viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
I'll admit, I don't like killing dogs in games for some reason...I'm not sure why, maybe because of the yipe they do when they die. Still, it's well known that the military uses dogs for certain stuff.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
So what? it is not real dogs they are killing...right?
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 muthsera666
[QUOTE="optiow"]So what? it is not real dogs they are killing...right?

No, just the attack dogs in the game.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Palantas

So what? it is not real dogs they are killing...right?

optiow

There are no real dogs in Call of Duty.

viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 viewtiful26
Is the person complaining a dog owner? Maybe that would explain it if the dogs in the game have a resemblance to the ones he or she has. Thankfully, none of the dogs look like the one I have. :P YOU TRY TO SAY NO TO THAT FACE!
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Palantas

Why isnt' there outcry for women to register for Selective Service in America? If women want to be treated as euals, why isn't there support for making the women sign up for what guys have to.

muthsera666

I was just thinking about this the other day. You're right; it is sexist. It's so sexist and I'm so offended.

to the Selective service comment from muthsera. I don't get it either. Where's the feminist outcry here? Women can hold assault rifles just as well as men - just ask the Marine Corps.

Ish_basic

As a member of America's armed services, I also find it quite sexist that A.) Women aren't allowed into all jobs in military, and B.) Women have lower standards on physical fitness tests than men. Women should be allowed to do everything men do, and they should have the same standards set for them. I'm so offended that when I'm done protesting the killing of virtual dogs, I'm goddamn gonna go protest this.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

goddam hippies...

boshlonavish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 boshlonavish
Member since 2005 • 1229 Posts
THE POOR VIRTUAL DOGS THIS IS HORRIBLE. >_> "Killing dogs as a form of entertainment ... over and over again." ^What? I don't even remember any dogs in the campaign, and in Multiplayer they usually kill you before you have a chance to do anything.
boshlonavish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 boshlonavish
Member since 2005 • 1229 Posts

THE POOR VIRTUAL DOGS THIS IS HORRIBLE. >_> "Killing dogs as a form of entertainment ... over and over again." ^What? I don't even remember any dogs in the campaign, and in Multiplayer they usually kill you before you have a chance to do anything. boshlonavish
Sorry to double post, but I forgot to mention: Don't they realise that you kill people in the game too? Oh but people dont matter.

And don't they realise that tons of games have had killing of dogs and other animals in them? Seriously, were they ******* born yesterday or did they just pull their heads out of their asses? Besides, who cares, it's just pixels on a screen, not real animals.

Also, do they honestly think Activision is going to do anything? HAH.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
What a moron.
qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts
[QUOTE="rh06"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

I love things like this... you don't hear anyone protesting Akira for the scene where the guy shoots those dogs, and I've yet to hear any issues about Rorschach killing dogs in Watchmen, but as soon as you are in control of it, it becomes a bad thing. I love how she says it is "one of the objectives in the game" as though there is a dog murder level or something.

Hahaha a dog murder level, that's great. This is pretty stupid though.

rofl is like u sneak around trying to snipe Mr. Snookums or whatever rofl
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 muthsera666

Why didn't they protest the secret cow level of Diablo 2 (I think that's the right game)?

[QUOTE="muthsera666"]

Palantas

I was just thinking about this the other day. You're right; it is sexist. It's so sexist and I'm so offended.

to the Selective service comment from muthsera. I don't get it either. Where's the feminist outcry here? Women can hold assault rifles just as well as men - just ask the Marine Corps.

Ish_basic

As a member of America's armed services, I also find it quite sexist that A.) Women aren't allowed into all jobs in military, and B.) Women have lower standards on physical fitness tests than men. Women should be allowed to do everything men do, and they should have the same standards set for them. I'm so offended that when I'm done protesting the killing of virtual dogs, I'm goddamn gonna go protest this.

I'll join your protest! It's total bull. If men don't sign up for selective service, we lose federal grants/loans for college as well as run into other legal obstacles, but women don't even have to think about it. If (theoretically) I have the possibility as a citizen to get drafted, all citizens should face that same possibility. And I agree that the physical requirements should be the same between men and women. Generally women have a slighter frame, but that doesn't save me if I'm wounded and require a female soldier to pull me to safety. She should be able to haul my ass as well as a man.

Papitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Papitar
Member since 2008 • 2377 Posts

There are people really being killed in lots of places in the world, and they care about a VIRTUAL DOG? .... Ugh.. /facepalm.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

They've been killing dogs since Resident Evil. Why bring it up now? :roll:

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#78 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Irrational PETA nutjob in the making right there.

qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 qwertyoip

There are people really being killed in lots of places in the world, and they care about a VIRTUAL DOG? .... Ugh.. /facepalm.

Papitar
no this facepalm is infinite unfortunately
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
I wonder how blind a person would have to be to protest this, and not see the inherent hypocrisy. I can respect an oppositional stance towards violence in general, but this? I cannot comprehend what is going through her mind. Or that of all those that signed her petition.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 viewtiful26

Uh-oh, it looks like PETA's involved now, according to Kotaku.

Actually, the quote in the article is pretty funny, along with Mike Fahey's response. :P

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Palantas

Why didn't they protest the secret cow level of Diablo 2 (I think that's the right game)?

muthsera666

:lol: Yeah, that's from Diablo 2. It doesn't matter that they were evil, blood-thirsty cows; it's still wrong to kill animals. :roll: That level should be offensive to...whatever religion it is that reveres cows.

I'll join your protest! It's total bull. If men don't sign up for selective service, we lose federal grants/loans for college as well as run into other legal obstacles, but women don't even have to think about it. If (theoretically) I have the possibility as a citizen to get drafted, all citizens should face that same possibility. And I agree that the physical requirements should be the same between men and women. Generally women have a slighter frame, but that doesn't save me if I'm wounded and require a female soldier to pull me to safety. She should be able to haul my ass as well as a man.

muthsera666

What's it matter if statistically women have slighter frames? The Army PT test is designed to maintain a consistent standard. If one group of people get a different test, then everyone should get a different test, based on some Gattaca-like genetic evaluation of their physical potential.

solidsnake2050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 solidsnake2050
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

3 points I want to make:

1) why isnt killing humans worse?

2) if a dog attacked me in real life, what am I supposed to do? take it because its an animal? seriously....

3) if people are so weak minded that they do stuff they see in movie and games, then humanity has larger problems than the content of our entertainment (which seems sadly evident). And it is people's fault, not the games or movies.

HondaSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HondaSnake
Member since 2007 • 502 Posts

3 points I want to make:

1) why isnt killing humans worse?

2) if a dog attacked me in real life, what am I supposed to do? take it because its an animal? seriously....

3) if people are so weak minded that they do stuff they see in movie and games, then humanity has larger problems than the content of our entertainment (which seems sadly evident). And it is people's fault, not the games or movies.

solidsnake2050

I completely agree with all your points. Ugh PETA, get over yourself please. It's called a game for a reason.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gunswordfist
[QUOTE="viewtiful26"]

Actually, the quote in the article is pretty funny, along with Mike Fahey's response. :P

"To help the folks at Activision Blizzard learn about the ethical treatment of animals (something we're sorta experts on) we're offering to let them take PETA's "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminar free of charge, and we're sending a package of dog-friendly Nintendogs games to their office. With a little Nintendogs influence, perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them." HAHAHAHAHA! Did PETA actually say this?
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Laugh Out Loud. I feel sorry for the generation of tomorrow. Almost as bad as Obama making a small reference to the Special Olympics on the Tonight Show and now the president of the US hates all handicapped. Pathetic..
qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 qwertyoip
[QUOTE="gunswordfist"][QUOTE="viewtiful26"]

"To help the folks at Activision Blizzard learn about the ethical treatment of animals (something we're sorta experts on) we're offering to let them take PETA's "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminar free of charge, and we're sending a package of dog-friendly Nintendogs games to their office. With a little Nintendogs influence, perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them." HAHAHAHAHA! Did PETA actually say this?

XD rofl I'll make a something for gamespotters to sign (who are achievement junkies) saying they will NOT, repeat WILL NOT unlock those achievements just to throw it in PETA's face.
swiftkillz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 swiftkillz0
Member since 2009 • 836 Posts
*facepalm* ugh some people
milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
hahahaha!!!! they cry for seeing dogs being killed on Video games, but don't cry when they see people being killed in video games :) wow i really can't believe how human mind can be that stupid! :)
xroguekillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 xroguekillax
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

So she's more worried about killing attack dogs whose sole objective is to kill you, yet she doesn't seem to have a problem with killing people in the game? I guess she feels that seeing people's limbs and heads flying off and blood spewing everywhere is nowhere near as bad as seeing a vicious killer attack dog being killed, right?

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Many games have you kill animals. Oregon Trail anyone? And that's an elementary school game. These people are wasting every ones time.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 muthsera666

Many games have you kill animals. Oregon Trail anyone? And that's an elementary school game. These people are wasting every ones time.

Nifty_Shark
God, I always killed to many bison. I would have like a ton of meat and only be able to carry 100 pounds. I killed the great herds of buffalo! :cry:
cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#94 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

Who gives? Its a video game, c'mon folks, get a grip, its not your pet dog, its a visual illusion of virtual reality that is packed

into the television on the PS3 blu-ray disc. Dogs? C'mon, its a game, dont upset Treyarch, you might make them cry and when

you make them cry, I cry! :cry:

Alpen09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Alpen09
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts
Honestly....some people are just plain stupid....