Stories about your experience as a customer at Gamestop!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#51 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]

Gamestop, pretty much the biggest piece of **** store dedicated to selling video games ever. First we'll get all of the obvious **** out of the way, tho in no particular order of what is more annoying/stupid.

1. Their "New" Games. Now when you buy a product NEW, what would that usually mean to you? That's it never been freakin opened right? Well ****stop always opens their games and stores the discs behind the counter, or I suppose in some other area depending on the store, so basically, if I were to buy a new game there its not actually even new anymore.

2. Employees taking home new games, using/playing them, and then bringing them back and selling them as new. I had a friend that worked there and he said they did it all the time. So not only is it impossible to tell if the game you're getting is actually new or not, due to the above number 1 complaint, but this lends even more skepticism and proof that gamestop consistently sells used games to people labeling them as new, and not used as in, "oh we just opened the damn box," no, used as in "yea this game has been **** played before."

3. Stickers. Why does every damn box have to have more than one sticker on it telling me some stupid **** about trading the game back in or some crappy ass deal the store is having on used games. Not only is it annoying, but since they don't leave the games sealed, they placed them right on the cases, so when you go to take off the damn stickers so you can actually see the cover art or game case, it leaves that ****ty sticky ass film all over.

4. Employees. I've shopped at many many Gamestops over the years, though that was mostly when I was a lot younger, stupid, and the internet wasn't as convenient as it is today to order products. But ok, a lot of gamestops I've gone to usually have terrible employees who are either up your ass to sell you used games, pre-order new games, buy a strategy guide, some other stupid ass **** that doesn't benefit me as much as it does annoy the hell out of me, or are complete and total fanboys. Now in some regards I actually can't blame the general gamestop employee, the problem is with the corporate ideology and how the company operates to obtain its profits. The company basically puts pressure on its employees to get pre-orders and such, when my friend worked there he actually said that the amount of hours a person would get would actually be determined by the amount of pre-orders and used sales they were able to get, I'm not sure if its that bad anymore but it just shows what a ****ty ass company it is.

5. Used games. Now ok, I know there is a huge argument over buying new/used games and whatever, so I don't wanna start that crap up again, however, if gamestop actually gave a good deal to the customers in regards to used games then I might now have a problem with it, but the fact is the rip off customers so bad its sad that people still go there. Here is an example of something ****stop would do- Sell customer already opened "New" copy of newest Madden while berating the **** out of them forpre-orders and... a strategy guide for Madden. Person goes home and plays game for a week and then brings it back because gamestop as such "great deals" when buying back used games. So, gamestop buys back this game from the customer for usually less than half of what they paid for, but they don't give the customer money, oh no, they give them in store credit, so if they wanna use their freakin money they have to come back to that crappy ass store and purchase something else, and of course while this is going on they again berate the customer with pre-orders and sales pitches. So, customer leaves store and what does ****stop do? Puts a nice **** ****ty ass $55 sticker on that used game and then puts another few stupid ass stickers advertising the game as used and can be traded back in just for good measure. So some lucky bastard gets to buy a used game for a whole 5 dollars cheaper, whoopty **** do! What a great deal for your customers gamestop. Another thing they always say is that "You'll wanna pre-order this to make sure you get it." What kinda scare tactic bs is that, I can find any damn game I want any time I want, this isn't the 1980s or something, if I want a game on launch day I'll go to any damn store and buy it.

Alright, that's about all of the general things I can think of at the moment, so let's move on to particular circumstances.

So when I was a young kid and dumb and still shopped at ****stop, they were having one of their buy 2 get 1 free deals, (which really isn't all that great of a deal because they usually have higher prices than other places so you end up not really saving much if any.) Anyway, I buy 2 games and the free game I want is Zelda Wind Waker for GC. I take the games to the counter and the stupid fat **** there asks if I would like the game used instead, I said no. She actually tried arguing with me and persuading me to try and buy the game used as it was no different and would save me money. Since I was a young kid I was still pretty polite back then when **** like this happened so I just said no thank you and that I would like it new. Took all my games home and went to open and play them when... lo and behold, I notice a **** ****ty ****stop sticker on the back of my wind waker case saying "Congratulations, you saved $3.00 by buying used!" ............ CAN YOU **** BELIEVE IT! I saved 3 whole **** dollars! WOW was I ever pumped, I mean 3 whole **** dollars, I mean I could go on a **** trip to the moon with that kinda **** money, thank god that fat ass **** secretly sold me a used copy instead of a new one right?....Well anyway, I just put the games down and next day went back and returned all 3 for a full cash refund because the lady was such a piece of **** she was actually the one who did the return and recognized me and new right away why i was returning all the games, she actually had the balls to try and argue with me and complain about me returning the games, I wish I had that experience now that I'm older because I would have tore into that son of a **** So anyway, I took my money and bought the games elsewhere.

Next specific example, this is several years later, I stopped buying anything from ****stop for beyond obvious reasons, however there was one thing I would usually still buy from there, the actual video game consoles, I'm not really sure why I still did, but I definitly don't any more. Anyway, it was like a year or so after the 360 released and I was finally thinking about getting one, this was right around when all the rumors of the 360 elite started surfacing and I thought, well, might as well go to ****stop and see what they had to say. So I go there and ask what they know about the elite since rumor was it was supposed to be launched/revealed in about a month, and this fat ass sweaty old manager who I remember as always being a condescending know it all **** immediately opens his mouth, even though I asked the young associate next to him, "NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! If you really want a 360 you should just buy one now." Now because I had previous experience with this piece of **** I knew he was just being a complete **** so I ignored him and hung around the store a bit until the young associate and him where seperated, when they were the young associate actually came up to me and said the elite was already in their computer systems and that he planned to pick one up himself. Now that was like maybe the 2nd or 3rd ****stop employee I've ever met in my life that was actually a cool good person, I thanked him for the info and left. So a month later when the elite actually did come out I ordered it online from Amazon like I do everything else these days.

So yea, **** that store, ****stop is the biggest piece of steaming ass I've ever had the misfortune of supporting with my money. I will every once in awhile drop into a ****stop to look for a rare jrpg strategy guide that may cost me way more online now due to rarity, but other than that I wouldn't support that store if my life depended on. I'll actually willingly pay more for a product somewhere rather then shop there unless the price difference is going to be ridiculously high like $100 or something.

Now there are a few other stories I have about this **** store, but those are the larger ones, usually its just condescending dick hole fanboy employees and what not, but yea...**** that store.

I'm not a huge fan of digital only taking over, I'd rather have a physical product, but god when all digital becames the main form of gaming it will be worth it just to see that piece of **** company go under.

Jbul

Man, you got issues.

Your response is classic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Avatar image for juliankennedy23
juliankennedy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#52 juliankennedy23
Member since 2005 • 894 Posts

I had two bad experineces at Gamestop:

One I went in and I asked the guy when Killzone 3 was going to come out, and he said "pretty soon" I then noticed the sign in the window about it and I saw the release date was in a few days and I said "oh so it comes out in a few days" and the employee said in a very douch like manner "ya that's pretty soon" I mean what an **** He could have just either told me the release date upfront or just say he didn't know, no need to be a dick about it.

Another time I bought a brand new game for $60(don't remember what one) and I didn't like it so I went totrade it back in the very same day and they said they would only give me about $15 for it, that was BS! $15! I just bought the game brand new for $60 a few hours ago, talk about a scam!

I try to avoid dealing with Gamestop, especially since they put all those damn stickers on their cases and I hate those! I try to take them off and then the glue stays on no matter what I do and the case is just sticky forever, I hate it.

ShadowMoses900

Was the $60 Dollar Game you tried to trade in a Mafia 2 or a Brink? Look at it from the stores point of view if they are getting more trade-ins then they are selling they A. no the game isn't very good so there will not be a high demand for used games. B. Know a lot more people will be looking to trade it in so they price the used game accordingly.