So, I walked in my local game shop today...

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 JonnyEarthquake
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

...and saw an 8 year old kid trying to convince his mum to buy him Splinter Cell:

Mum: I'm not buying you this, there`s a guy strangling someone on the back cover!

Kid: Hes not strangling him, he`s just, errr... holding him.

I laughed, like, 10 minutes nonstop? What`s the funniest things you`ve heard while buying games?

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

Lol i cant remember some of the funny stuff ive heard when in a game shop. But usually i hear all the mums asking the game clerk can i buy Halo 3 but on the PS3

nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

Lol i can picture the look aon the kids face as he said that.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Kids.
BigDaddy3861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BigDaddy3861
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts
That is funny that the kid would try to convince his mom that what......he's hugging another guy on the back cover of the game?!?!? That is a good one. I cant say that I've heard anything funny that would stick out like that but I'm sure it happens a lot.
luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts
This was by a woman a day before Christmas: Woman: No honey, this are Nintendo games, we should be looking for Wii ones.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

So, there's this man, about 45 years old, buying silent hill homecoming, I tell him "Nice choice, this game is very scary, you get to chop undead nurses with fireaxes". The man looks at me with a confused look, then turns to his 15 y/o son (I didn't see him) and says "Is that true? Why didn't you tell me that?". I was about to say "Duh, couldn't you tell by the back of the box?" :lol:

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
When I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they learn that no means no.
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#9 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
When I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they learn that no means no.Infinite-Zr0
Not me... I have had to endure that kind of treatment for far too long. Once I get a kid I'm going to let him play rated M games at 12. I am 13 almost 14 right now, and have had to sneak my rated M games for about 2 years. and rated M games and R movies have no effect on me.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Kid: *Holds up the Manhunt game* But Mom it's a hockey game!

Mom: * Grabs the cover looks at the back and glares at her son*

Kid: ....Can I get GTA instead?

Never seen a mother haul a kid out of a videogame store so fast before in pure anger.

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Infinite-Zr0
[QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"]When I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they learn that no means no.blooddog28
Not me... I have had to endure that kind of treatment for far too long. Once I get a kid I'm going to let him play rated M games at 12. I am 13 almost 14 right now, and have had to sneak my rated M games for about 2 years. and rated M games and R movies have no effect on me.

When you get to my age, your way of thinking will be much different. Trust me, there was a time when I was your age.
Patatopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Patatopan
Member since 2008 • 1890 Posts

I can't remember exactly but I was browsing by the pc games at the electronics section at a walmart, and comes this 24 year old fat guy with glassses with his mom and a store assistant, going on about world of warcraft and gracing them with his nerdy intelligence. It's like, ask them where the game is and shut up.

Bigcol1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 Bigcol1611
Member since 2008 • 796 Posts

Years ago had a store assistant in toyrus telling me how good zelda: the minish cap was and how he had completed it.

Funny as it was only released that day.

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Iceman8012
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts
When I used to work at Gamestop the weirdest things I got were: (Standing in front of the 360 section): Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........where are your 360 games. Younger woman walks into store: Do you guys rent games? Quite possibly the weirdest one, a man came into the store and after we were talking for a little bit he mention Mario Galaxy for the PS3, I said to him that there was no such thing and it was for the Wii. The man was so stubborn that he went to the PS3 section scouring for it. I show him the game for the Wii and he storms out of the store.
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blooddog28
[QUOTE="blooddog28"][QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"]When I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they learn that no means no.Infinite-Zr0

When you get to my age, your way of thinking will be much different. Trust me, there was a time when I was your age.

I really doubt it, and I don't think I'll live to be your age... if your over 30
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Some guy walks into gamestop asking to return two used xbox games he bought the day before, the clerk says ok, starts scanning the barcodes and asks for the receipt. The guy says he must have trashed it and he was all 'facepalm', 'how silly of me'. The clerk says he just can't refund him, since the receipt is missing. The guy is like "No, it's cool, I'll just dump the games in the trash on my way out" and calmly walks away... then as he's going through the door he starts muttering insults towards everyone in the store. I started laughing and had to prevent my hothead friend (the clerk) from going after him. People are strange.
DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 DManSteelerFan
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts
I've seen guys getting into it with gamestop clerks because they didn't think they was getting enough trade in credit. For instance, this one guy was trading in I think one of the Saw movies, and it was covered in scratches, and he was getting like $2 and he would not leave the clerk alone about it. I was actually getting pretty mad myself at the guy. The clerk was trying to explain that he wasn't getting very much for the movie to begin with and since it was so scratched up that there was a refurb fee on top of that. The clerk did a great job at keeping his cool and I said something to the clerk about that guy and the clerk said that that was nothing compared to some other guys that were alot worse. Another time this guy was asking if PS2 games would play on Xboxes and vice versa. Oh and this clerk one day was trying to explain the trade in policy to a kid and his mom and the kid and his mom misunderstood and thought that they could use their trade in credit (which was like $10 or so) and get ANY game in the store. The poor kid kept jumping and cheering, and the clerk was at a loss of words at how the kid and his mom had misunderstood him, cuz I was right there and I was also in disbelief.
edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

I took two steps into the Gamespot near my house, asked if they had any good games for the Wii, they said no, and I walked out.

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Iceman8012

[QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"][QUOTE="blooddog28"]Not me... I have had to endure that kind of treatment for far too long. Once I get a kid I'm going to let him play rated M games at 12. I am 13 almost 14 right now, and have had to sneak my rated M games for about 2 years. and rated M games and R movies have no effect on me. blooddog28

I really doubt it, and I don't think I'll live to be your age... if your over 30

You sound like your age too. I grew up in a less strict environment and so my parents let me play pretty much any game as long as there wasn't a lot of sex or nudity involved. Sneaking M rated games is just dumb. If your parents don't allow it just get over it. Some of these younger kids these days are just weird. Sure I am only 17 so some might still consider me a kid but I am talking about these really young kids around 13 or 14.

P.S. why won't you live over age 30?

Avatar image for just_nonplussed
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#20 just_nonplussed
Member since 2006 • 4130 Posts

I took two steps into the Gamespot near my house, asked if they had any good games for the Wii, they said no, and I walked out.

edgewalker16

that's a good one. hehe.

ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts

edgewalker16

:lol: I got a good chuckle out of that.

Oveeja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Oveeja
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

I walked in at gameplanet and a little kid said "mom I want club penguin for the ds" and a guy from the store was searching for it but they didn't have it, so the little kid said "well I guess there's no point in having a ds now". I was angry at the kid for two reasons. One I had to earn my own money to buy a ds because my parents won't buy me anything, even clothing, and second he doesn't apreciate what he has. Like kid try another game and maybe you'll have fun with that.

I entered this store for the first time and while I was checking the ps2 games the guy at the door said "Why are you looking at play station games you are a girl" I just stood there and laughed at him.

just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 just_nonplussed

I walked in at gameplanet and a little kid said "mom I want club penguin for the ds" and a guy from the store was searching for it but they didn't have it, so the little kid said "well I guess there's no point in having a ds now". I was angry at the kid for two reasons. One I had to earn my own money to buy a ds because my parents won't buy me anything, even clothing, and second he doesn't apreciate what he has. Like kid try another game and maybe you'll have fun with that.

I entered this store for the first time and while I was checking the ps2 games the guy at the door said "Why are you looking at play station games you are a girl" I just stood there and laughed at him.

Oveeja

LOL. "Why are you looking at play station games you are a girl" - that's hilarious. which games section did he expect you look in?? probably DS or something.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

during xmas a mom was purchasing gta4 for some kid that looks at most 6

clerk " ma'am do you know that this game contains violence"

mom" its fine"

clerk " you know this game contains sexual material"

mom- "thats okay"

clerk "you know this game is innapropriate for children"

mom-"its fine"

i was floored by that. its not anything funny, but its a bit shocking i guess. mom trusts the kid to make the right decisions....

just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 just_nonplussed

during xmas a mom was purchasing gta4 for some kid that looks at most 6

clerk " ma'am do you know that this game contains violence"

mom" its fine"

clerk " you know this game contains sexual material"

mom- "thats okay"

clerk "you know this game is innapropriate for children"

mom-"its fine"

i was floored by that. its not anything funny, but its a bit shocking i guess. mom trusts the kid to make the right decisions....

jsmoke03

at 6, how would you even understand the experience of playing a game like GTA 4??? it's crazy.

i had trouble playing 2D platformers when i was 11. if you gave me GTA 4 back then, i wouldn't stand a chance.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

[QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"]When I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they learn that no means no.blooddog28

Yes, same with me. It's sickening to see everybody judge maturity by age. If the kid wants to start getting into R Rated movies, and playing M rated games, take him to a gory R rated movie. If he start's crying, don't let him play them yet, but if it has no effect on him, just let him. He's mature enough. I'm sick of all these people saying

"OMFG IF U LET UR KIDZ PLAYS THEY WILL FACKING KEEEL YOU THEY WIL KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL YOU OMGFH OMGFHNJO{ZETIOHNERH"

If he proves he is mature let him, don't assume his maturity level by how late he came out of his mothers vagina.

/facepalm.

People really need to stop depriving kids, and actually judge their maturity...well...on their maturity instead of age.

just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 just_nonplussed

[QUOTE="blooddog28"][QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"]When I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they learn that no means no.knight0151

Yes, same with me. It's sickening to see everybody judge maturity by age. If the kid wants to start getting into R Rated movies, and playing M rated games, take him to a gory R rated movie. If he start's crying, don't let him play them yet, but if it has no effect on him, just let him. He's mature enough. I'm sick of all these people saying

"OMFG IF U LET UR KIDZ PLAYS THEY WILL FACKING KEEEL YOU THEY WIL KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL YOU OMGFH OMGFHNJO{ZETIOHNERH"

If he proves he is mature let him, don't assume his maturity level by how late he came out of his mothers vagina.

/facepalm.

yeah, some people are obsessed with judging things strictly by biological age... they forget about experience, maturity and how old the child or adult might be inside.

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Iceman8012

[QUOTE="blooddog28"][QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"]When I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they learn that no means no.knight0151

/facepalm.

How else are you going to judge maturity level other than by age? Should we all carry maturity cards around we get renewed every year to tell how mature we are by character?

Excuse me I am maturity level 5 I can get this game.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 knight0151

[QUOTE="knight0151"]

[QUOTE="blooddog28"]Not me... I have had to endure that kind of treatment for far too long. Once I get a kid I'm going to let him play rated M games at 12. I am 13 almost 14 right now, and have had to sneak my rated M games for about 2 years. and rated M games and R movies have no effect on me. just_nonplussed

/facepalm.

yeah, some people are obsessed with judging things strictly by biological age... they forget about experience, maturity and how old the child or adult might be inside.

Correct. I've seen 12-14 year old children on Cs:s, talking on the mic ( Actually TALKING and having conversation with other people ) and not spamming. And I've seen 20+ year olds just yell BROOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOO FIST

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DONT DISRESPECT THE BRO COPTER

BROOOOOOO FIST

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DONT DISRESPECT THE BRO COPTERBROOOOOOO FIST

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On like that, over, and over, and over again. I've been playing Cs:s for a year+ now.

@ Above poster.

Well, do you think it's right to judge maturity by age? I sure don't. The parents should test em on something, like, taking them to an R rated movie and see their reactions. It's not gonna take some 9 hour exam to judge maturity level, just show them some content for some mature things. See how they react and such. You know, instead of completly IGNORE the kid and deprive him of his pleasures, do something like the above.

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Iceman8012

[QUOTE="just_nonplussed"]

[QUOTE="knight0151"]

/facepalm.

knight0151

Correct. I've seen 12-14 year old children on Cs:s, talking on the mic ( Actually TALKING and having conversation with other people ) and not spamming. And I've seen 20+ year olds just yell BROOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOO FIST

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOO FIST

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On like that, over, and over, and over again. I've been playing Cs:s for a year+ now.

@ Above poster.

Well, do you think it's right to judge maturity by age? I sure don't. The parents should test em on something, like, taking them to an R rated movie and see their reactions. It's not gonna take some 9 hour exam to judge maturity level, just show them some content for some mature things. See how they react and such.

That is true, many people on XBL are obnoxious regardless of age but my earlier point we can't really judge maturity in the real world unless you either know the person really well or by their age as a next best option.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 knight0151

[QUOTE="knight0151"]

[QUOTE="just_nonplussed"]

Iceman8012

BROOOOOOO FIST

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOO FIST

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@ Above poster.

Well, do you think it's right to judge maturity by age? I sure don't. The parents should test em on something, like, taking them to an R rated movie and see their reactions. It's not gonna take some 9 hour exam to judge maturity level, just show them some content for some mature things. See how they react and such.

That is true, many people on XBL are obnoxious regardless of age but my earlier point we can't really judge maturity in the real world unless you either know the person really well or by their age as a next best option.

You contradicted yourself there. First, you say many people on XBL are obnoxious REGARDLESS OF AGE, then you say the next best option is to judge them....by age.

You say people are obnoxious regardless of age then you say judge them....by age.

Wat?

WAT?

WAT?

Anyways, yeah, I think a lot of parents do know their kids well enough.

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Iceman8012

No, no, no, back the bus up.

I said people regardless of age can be annoying, but what I am saying is that there is no possible way to judge one person's character without previously knowing them and communicating with them. So unless they have a responsible person (a parent) to vouch for them and say that they can play this game, the age system is the next best thing.

Did you not notice my earlier saying a person who knows them really well? Most of the time it is the parent or guardian.

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Infinite-Zr0
I think that last few posts just proved my point. Trust me kids, us adults had the exact same mentality as you. We all thought we were 'mature enough' But you get older, you get wiser. And you'll realize just how immature you really were 10 years ago.
Oveeja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Oveeja
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

Actually I talked to my mother about this and she said that the only reason they didn't let me play m rated games is becuase they didn't want me loosing my inocence till I was like 10 then they were fine with it because they know I have good values and I know how to control myself. But I thank them becuase I wouldn't have wanted to miss those days without gore in my games they were good too. And honestly I don't pay much attention to those games mainly because once you let your kid play them then they loose interest (unless they are good ofcourse) but a kid mainly wants it because he can't have it.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#35 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

A kid was thinking about buying a new game, when his mother picked up GTA:VC and said: "What about this one?". I was bewildered, really.

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blooddog28

[QUOTE="blooddog28"][QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"] When you get to my age, your way of thinking will be much different. Trust me, there was a time when I was your age.Iceman8012

You sound like your age too. I grew up in a less strict environment and so my parents let me play pretty much any game as long as there wasn't a lot of sex or nudity involved. Sneaking M rated games is just dumb. If your parents don't allow it just get over it. Some of these younger kids these days are just weird. Sure I am only 17 so some might still consider me a kid but I am talking about these really young kids around 13 or 14.

Sneaking games is like sneaking beer or cigerettes not dumb, also I will probally be dead by 30, I do a lot of stupid ****

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blooddog28
Why the hell do games even have a rating? I say games should be games... not a rated E games or M... Anyways thats why there is so much theft and what not, not really theft on game, but for cigerettes, beer.. It's our life we should be able to do whatever the hell we want.
Braddah_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Braddah_B
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts
Alright, years ago I was in line on release day for GTA San Andreas and noticed a very plain looking woman in her, probably, late forties in line behind me. Thinking it odd for a woman of her demographic to be there I struck up a conversation with her only to find she was buying the game for her son whom had run up to stand beside her. This kid could not have been older that eight. The kid soon ran off again to brouse around the shop and I felt it was my moral duty to inform this completely clueless woman, of the horrors that make the GTA series so fun. I think it was the "bang and kill the hookers" part that did it for her. She turned and asked the person behind her if what I had told her was true, and her jaw just dropped. Shocked, she snatched her child, SPANKED him right there in the store and left with the poor kid in tears. Everyone in the place was rolling. I kinda felt bad, but hey, seriously the kid was like eight. Some parents gotta wake up.
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 just_nonplussed

Alright, years ago I was in line on release day for GTA San Andreas and noticed a very plain looking woman in her, probably, late forties in line behind me. Thinking it odd for a woman of her demographic to be there I struck up a conversation with her only to find she was buying the game for her son whom had run up to stand beside her. This kid could not have been older that eight. The kid soon ran off again to brouse around the shop and I felt it was my moral duty to inform this completely clueless woman, of the horrors that make the GTA series so fun. I think it was the "bang and kill the hookers" part that did it for her. She turned and asked the person behind her if what I had told her was true, and her jaw just dropped. Shocked, she snatched her child, SPANKED him right there in the store and left with the poor kid in tears. Everyone in the place was rolling. I kinda felt bad, but hey, seriously the kid was like eight. Some parents gotta wake up.Braddah_B

ah, man. she spanked him, in front of the line of people??

how is an 8 year old meant to even understand "bang and kill the hookers". how would he know about prostitutes and guns at his age? i don't think he would understand...

kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kimkim01
Member since 2009 • 704 Posts

I think that last few posts just proved my point. Trust me kids, us adults had the exact same mentality as you. We all thought we were 'mature enough' But you get older, you get wiser. And you'll realize just how immature you really were 10 years ago.Infinite-Zr0

Quoted for truth.

Kids think they're "mature enough" when they're 13 years old. I thought I was too. Trust us, 13 years is not nearly enough time for someone to realize that the older guy is probably right and they're probably wrong.

Avatar image for downloadthefile
downloadthefile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#41 downloadthefile
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts

Eight years old is one thing, but I'm sixteen about to turn seventeen and I still can't walk into a Best Buy or Gamestop and buy Call of Duty. I did actually play GTA III when I was about eight though. I remember I was once in a car and just parked, and a woman walked into the car and since I was in a secluded area the car started shaking and then she got out. I remember asking my brother who was about 14 what that meant and he just started laughing...

Those games are not appropriate for an eight year old but honestly by the time you are 15 you really should be aware of everything in the games and if you aren't, you must have been living in a box.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

Here here, my cousin is 12 and her dad has let her play M rated games for years, she gets straight A's and so far........ok.......
Patatopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Patatopan
Member since 2008 • 1890 Posts
Alright, years ago I was in line on release day for GTA San Andreas and noticed a very plain looking woman in her, probably, late forties in line behind me. Thinking it odd for a woman of her demographic to be there I struck up a conversation with her only to find she was buying the game for her son whom had run up to stand beside her. This kid could not have been older that eight. The kid soon ran off again to brouse around the shop and I felt it was my moral duty to inform this completely clueless woman, of the horrors that make the GTA series so fun. I think it was the "bang and kill the hookers" part that did it for her. She turned and asked the person behind her if what I had told her was true, and her jaw just dropped. Shocked, she snatched her child, SPANKED him right there in the store and left with the poor kid in tears. Everyone in the place was rolling. I kinda felt bad, but hey, seriously the kid was like eight. Some parents gotta wake up.Braddah_B
Lol, you rescued that kid from wasting hours of his life away. I remember being about 12 or 11 when GTA3 came out so i went with my brother to go and get it. My dad was already aware about its content, hell we told him about it and he wanted us to go get it, so we went up to the clerk to buy it, the guy said he couldn't sell it to us because we were too young. Thats when me and my brother both came up with a story about how we are adopted and that our parents were too strict to let us have anything and such so then the guy just went ahead and sold it to us. Me, my brother, and my Dad played it straight for two whole days taking turns doing stuff. Awesome experience.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"]I think that last few posts just proved my point. Trust me kids, us adults had the exact same mentality as you. We all thought we were 'mature enough' But you get older, you get wiser. And you'll realize just how immature you really were 10 years ago.kimkim01

Quoted for truth.

Kids think they're "mature enough" when they're 13 years old. I thought I was too. Trust us, 13 years is not nearly enough time for someone to realize that the older guy is probably right and they're probably wrong.

True. I still believe that I was more mature than some at my age (I was surrounded by adults and a home business and didn't see kids my own age except during the day at school), but now I'm beginning how immature I was through those times. Heck, I just turned 22 and I'm starting to realize how immature I've been for the the past four years of college.
Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Iceman8012

[QUOTE="Iceman8012"]

[QUOTE="blooddog28"]I really doubt it, and I don't think I'll live to be your age... if your over 30blooddog28

Sneaking games is like sneaking beer or cigerettes not dumb, also I will probally be dead by 30, I do a lot of stupid ****

Sneaking beers and ciggerates are dumb, so you aren't helping your point any. I'm proud to say I haven't drank alcohol or smoked. Not because I am trying to be a "goody tu shoes", but because I don't see the point in them and how they would help me in any way.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#46 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

...and saw an 8 year old kid trying to convince his mum to buy him Splinter Cell:

Mum: I'm not buying you this, there`s a guy strangling someone on the back cover!

Kid: Hes not strangling him, he`s just, errr... holding him.

I laughed, like, 10 minutes nonstop? What`s the funniest things you`ve heard while buying games?

JonnyEarthquake

funniest thing I've heard? I can't remember such.

But I remember funniest thing I've seen in a game store.

I once saw a nun (at least a woman wearing nun's clothing) with blood-shot eyes which suggests she was high, and she was carrying box of dunkin donuts.

When I saw her, she was buying Manhunt.

I was choking while trying really hard not to laugh.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

moms asking if they can get halo 3 on ps3 and even wii.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

Sneaking beers and ciggerates are dumb, so you aren't helping your point any. I'm proud to say I haven't drank alcohol or smoked. Not because I am trying to be a "goody tu shoes", but because I don't see the point in them and how they would help me in any way.

Iceman8012

Cause alcohol tastes good, and it allows many good things to happen that might not ordinarily happen. Everyone's your friend when you're drunk.

:P

EDIT: Wait, I just realized something. You never used alcohol or smokes because they can't help you in any way. Fair enough, but then why would you defend sneaking to play games?

CrysisHeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CrysisHeir
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

Nothing really funny, just i always see little kids (like 6-8 years old) who think they are playing a game, but the controllers are disabled and its just a movie playing, and they just do that for 20mins and don`t realise it.

My worst experience in a gaming store has to be on boxing day, there was a 30min line-up outside a small EB games, once i got there and went inside I found Assassin`s creed for $15 so I decided to get it. Once i got up to the cashier he wouldn`t sell it to me because Assassin`s creed is rated M, and I was 16 - that was frigging ridiculous and I was so annoyed how I had to wait then get denied a game that doesn`t even have M Rated qualities - nothing like God of War`s sexual minigames or GTA, just mild violence.

Ugh

KcurtorMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KcurtorMas
Member since 2009 • 1484 Posts
This little teenage dude asked "Can you play Xbox 360 games on the original Xbox"?? ...Yeah, if Bill Gates decided he DIDNT like being a Billionaire...