Shakalu14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shakalu14
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts

Hey guys, just searching for a recommendation for games that are similar to Septerra Core. And yes I am speaking about the one that launched in 90s :).

Recommend ahead!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts
@Shakalu14 said:

Hey guys, just searching for a recommendation for games that are similar to Septerra Core. And yes I am speaking about the one that launched in 90s :).

Recommend ahead!

Have absolutely no idea, I dip into retro games on occasion but I'm not familiar with this title. Seems this thread would have been helpful to have given some form of context_

Any chance of a brief rundown of what the game plays like, its genre, and/ or its themes/ artstyle?

Otherwise I think only dedicated fans are going to give a real answer. And not sure how many are in GD.

Shakalu14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shakalu14
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts

@RSM-HQ: https://youtu.be/PbcgXH3-DRs. it is an RPG which is kind of Final Fantasy style set in a steampunkish world. It’s basically turned based combat. It’s ... unique in its gameplay somehow. Have a look.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@Shakalu14: That was very helpful just watched, hmm. . Chrono Trigger is something like its world of magic and technology

Otherwise Divinity: Original Sin 2, for something more modern. Has some good turnbase mechanics and storytelling, even though more classic fantasy than a mix. Has its moments but mostly your standard dwarfs, elfs, etc.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

oh man that bring back memories.

It was basically a JRPG made in the west. so final fantasies, Chrono trigger and so on...generally good to brilliant games (like Chrono trigger which is legendary.).

I would recommend Anachronox. Another oldie but a goodie that man didn't play. Same kind of deal: a lot of JRPG mechanics (turn based combat and so on) but made in the US (Ion storm dallas?). It's on GOG and it's brilliant.