Sega: 'No plans' for western release of Yakuza 5 and upcoming PS4 installment

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

I really like the Yakuza series regardless of how flawed the gameplay is and how incredulous the story can be. It is disappointing to hear Sega has no plans currently to bring the fifth installment over to the states. 

I can understand those that have zero respect for the franchise, but I have found that most people that really appreciate the series are not deterred by those vocal about its shortcomings. Most of the time, those that have voiced the shortcomings of Yakuza are right, however, that doesn't make me like the game any less. Yakuza did a good job with setting the overall japanese gangster tone for me and selling me on the idea that I was participating in a Takeshi Kitano movie.

It was a win-win all the way around for me and actaully holds a special place in my heart. I hope they eventually come around to releasing the fifth one here in the states and in the U.K. I know some friends across the pond that would like some Yakuza in their life.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
sega its dead for me
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#53 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
You know what, I've been reading that thread and we were getting along just fine before all that PS3/Uncharted cack. I suggest we pretend it never happened.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 juradai

You know what, I've been reading that thread and we were getting along just fine before all that PS3/Uncharted cack. I suggest we pretend it never happened.Black_Knight_00

Not me, I loved it. It was like being at a family reunion.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#55 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Notice how we all called each other nuts without getting upset like you did when we responded the same way when you wrote your shocking Uncharted 2 review. None of us took criticisms personally except for you. Lets forget the fact that you completely shat on what is the second most highly praised games of this generation behind GTAIV. Lets forget that aside from BK, no one accused you of having an anti-PS bias. Lets just look at how you went about writing that review. You chose not post any impressions of the game for days. Day after day you led us on posting smileys making us think you were enjoying the game. It was disingenuous to say the least and the harsh and at times incredulous posts that you got right after that review were largely a result of that. Had you simply stated that you were hating the game, I doubt you wouldve gotten the same reaction.

Regardless, we went on to discuss your review in a great bit of detail afterwards.  

S0lidSnake

Actually, both you and BK accused me of anti-Sony bias.

You had no reason to take criticism personally because I criticized the game whereas you criticized my taste and integrity. And these accusations didn't stop in that thread, but rather reared its ugly head everytime I posted an unpopular opinion. And when something like that happens on a continual basis, yes, I take it personally.

So you're implying that if someone shits on a popular game, all bets are off?

I found certain people's reactions in that thread pretty sad and I still do. The only reason I played Uncharted 2 in the first place was because some of you egged me on, so I decided to give it a shot. I wanted to have some fun with it, that's why I asked for score predictions, I thought it would be interesting. It wasn't. The reaction by certain people was just lame and now you're blaming me again by indicating that I brought it all on myself. Wow. The discussion only happened after the butthurt was called out by other ROFers.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 UpInFlames

juradai

For me that thread served as an eye-opener and made me realize that certain people simply don't deserve my respect.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 juradai

[QUOTE="juradai"]

UpInFlames

For me that thread served as an eye-opener and made me realize that certain people simply don't deserve my respect.

I suppose I just didn't take their responses very seriously. I never thought that it was truly serious on both sides until just now.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="juradai"]

UpInFlames

I'll take that as a no. Gotta love your double standards though: you called me (I quote) "A walking-talking Sony ad" and "a PC hater" repeatedly, way before that thread.

Now *that's* worthy of respect. No one takes offense on the ROF for anything except you.

Wathever. I don't have time to deal with your whims, really. Throw this on the pile.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

[QUOTE="juradai"]

UpInFlames

smh

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Notice how we all called each other nuts without getting upset like you did when we responded the same way when you wrote your shocking Uncharted 2 review. None of us took criticisms personally except for you. Lets forget the fact that you completely shat on what is the second most highly praised games of this generation behind GTAIV. Lets forget that aside from BK, no one accused you of having an anti-PS bias. Lets just look at how you went about writing that review. You chose not post any impressions of the game for days. Day after day you led us on posting smileys making us think you were enjoying the game. It was disingenuous to say the least and the harsh and at times incredulous posts that you got right after that review were largely a result of that. Had you simply stated that you were hating the game, I doubt you wouldve gotten the same reaction.

Regardless, we went on to discuss your review in a great bit of detail afterwards.  

UpInFlames

Actually, both you and BK accused me of anti-Sony bias.

You had no reason to take criticism personally because I criticized the game whereas you criticized my taste and integrity. And these accusations didn't stop in that thread, but rather reared its ugly head everytime I posted an unpopular opinion. And when something like that happens on a continual basis, yes, I take it personally.

So you're implying that if someone shits on a popular game, all bets are off?

I found certain people's reactions in that thread pretty sad and I still do. The only reason I played Uncharted 2 in the first place was because some of you egged me on, so I decided to give it a shot. I wanted to have some fun with it, that's why I asked for score predictions, I thought it would be interesting. It wasn't. The reaction by certain people was just lame and now you're blaming me again by indicating that I brought it all on myself. Wow. The discussion only happened after the butthurt was called out by other ROFers.

you need to actually write what you read. Your thread title is called f*ck the PS3. You have constantly shown your distaste for the PS3 library. I just read through the first five pages of that thread and I dont see a single occassion where i accused you of anti-Sony bias. If I did in some other thread or some other time then I am sure I had good reason to based on what you posted. EDIT: Just found this in that very thread.

I dont think this is going anywhere. Both of you might as well drop it now. 

BK, this is why you dont go around accusing people of having console/pc bias. I am not saying you are the only one who does it on this board, but you're the only one doing it in this thread.They can easily turn it around on you. You should've just countered his arguments on the game. So many of his points were invalid and ridiculously inconsistent complaints. You didnt need to bring Sony bias into this. AwesomeSnake

The fact that you actually got a discussion shows how civil we really are. Post that ridiculous review on any other forum with the title F*ck the PS3 and you will get laughed, mocked and called a fanboy. Anyone reading that will think it's done for trolling. I dont think anyone of us thought that you actually wanted a discussion out of it. It was really that hyperbolic. Regardless, you never replied to my response so I was right in assuming that you were never really interested in discussion in the first place. 

I have played games I did not like. Everyone there forced me to play Zelda Twilight Princess but after like 10 hours I simply stopped. It's not a game for me. I did not shit on the game or the platform. I simply moved on. I have been called out on many of my opinions on games, but never have I reacted like you have. 

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#61 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

I hope they bring back Yakuza on next gen hardware. 

Lol @ the other thread posted  :lol: 

I enjoy reading UiF incendiary posts,  it stirs sh*t up from both sides . its too bad it gets personal :P

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 UpInFlames

1. you need to actually write what you read.

2. Your thread title is called f*ck the PS3. You have constantly shown your distaste for the PS3 library.

3. I just read through the first five pages of that thread and I dont see a single occassion where i accused you of anti-Sony bias. If I did in some other thread or some other time then I am sure I had good reason to based on what you posted.

4. The fact that you actually got a discussion shows how civil we really are. Post that ridiculous review on any other forum with the title F*ck the PS3 and you will get laughed, mocked and called a fanboy. Anyone reading that will think it's done for trolling. I dont think anyone of us thought that you actually wanted a discussion out of it. It was really that hyperbolic.

5. Regardless, you never replied to my response so I was right in assuming that you were never really interested in discussion in the first place.

S0lidSnake

1. I don't know what that means.

2. It's not the title, it's the subtitle and it was added in after all the Uncharted 2 review hoopla. And as I noted in the thread itself, it was meant as a sensationalist subtitle.

3. Yes, you did. From that thread: "Tragic that you couldn't get past your own distaste of anything Sony."

4. Therein lies the inherent problem of some people's mindsets. Negative reviews and opinions of popular games and systems (!) simply get discarded as trash, even in the ROF. And that's the whole point - it was the ROF. And you want a cookie for being civil when someone trashes your favorite game? Wow.

5. Like I said back then, I simply didn't have the time to respond to your post which was gigantic (I replied to everyone else including your other posts). Once I finished my work and had the time, I was simply too worn out and had absolutely no will to carry on the discussion.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 UpInFlames

I have played games I did not like. Everyone there forced me to play Zelda Twilight Princess but after like 10 hours I simply stopped. It's not a game for me. I did not shit on the game or the platform. I simply moved on.

S0lidSnake

Dude, all I did was write a review. :|

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

1. you need to actually read what you write.

UpInFlames

1. I don't know what that means.

Fixed.

BUt you knew what I meant.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

I have played games I did not like. Everyone there forced me to play Zelda Twilight Princess but after like 10 hours I simply stopped. It's not a game for me. I did not shit on the game or the platform. I simply moved on.

UpInFlames

Dude, all I did was write a review. :|

And all we did was make some comments. You should see how people here reacted to Gamespot's 9/10 review of GTAV or 8/10 review of TLOU. Those comments were pretty tame considering the score was 3/10 POOR.

Also, I am pretty sure i made that anti-Sony accusation after you wrote your f*ck the PS3 post.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 juradai

Why are you releasing the game simultaneously on PS4 and PS3?

We had committed to making a PS4 launch title, but when I thought about the users well, the PS4 is cheaper than hardware used to be, but its still not cheap, so I decided wed be letting our fans down if we didnt also release a PS3 version. Thats why were making both versions available on the same day.

edgeonline

I went to read the entire interview and Toshihiro Nagoshi seems like a pretty humble guy. He wanted to make sure he was servicing the fans by making sure there was a PS3 version upon release as well. That's pretty awesome. The interview sounds sincere and he seems to answer the questions with his fans in mind.

I'm sure that if he could find a way to localize Yakuza 5 then he will. Simple english subtitles would work just fine.

If you guys want to read the original interview it is here.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/an-audience-with-toshihiro-nagoshi/

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#67 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Why are we bringing this old thing back up? So Flames didn't care for Uncharted 2 -- big deal. Can we all just agree to disagree and finally move on with our lives instead of arguing over such petty matters?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Why are we bringing this old thing back up? So Flames didn't care for Uncharted 2 -- big deal. Can we all just agree to disagree and finally move on with our lives instead of arguing over such petty matters?

c_rake

What forum have -you- been moderating? :lol:

But seriously, I'm bummed about this announcement.

-Byshop

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#69 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

What forum have -you- been moderating? :lol:Byshop

I can dream, can't I?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Black_Knight_00

c_rake

Be objective crake: we had, and you can attest to that. Then he came in my thread here, unprovoked and flat out insulted me. Dumb of me to bite the bait, I know.