sogogi110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sogogi110
Member since 2016 • 16 Posts

There are many types of ringtones on Best Ringtones For Android Phone app, such as: funny ringtones, baby ringtones, animals ringtones, message tones, pop, ringtones remix, rock, hip-hop, ringtones free songs, dance, rap, country, Christian & Gospel, Bollywood, alarm…

You can download ringtones for your phone and re-listen without internet. Just take a few seconds to install and you will surely pleased with it.

Some New categories: dubstep, Arabic melodies, birds, classic ringback tones, Japanese & Anime ‘cartoon’ call tones, pirates.

Classical Music: 50+ classical ringtones from the most famous musicians.

best ringtone download: https://phoneringtones.info/best-ringtones

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Soo yeah taste varies from person to person? Myself it would probaly have to be the first Dark Souls, everyone was raving on how good it was, so i went out and bought it for the PS3, and damm did i get dissapointed... Crappy muddy graphic, annoying control which i never got close to master, and a LOT of cheesy death trap that just killed you over and over... Of course the lack of story and direction didnt made it any better, never understood why dying 99 times and overcome the frustration apperently made you hardcore and a "true" gamer...

Avatar image for deactivated-57bada6e13591
deactivated-57bada6e13591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-57bada6e13591
Member since 2016 • 26 Posts

Crash Bandicoot - I do not like that game.

It's like "clearly the only way to make a 3D platformer is to recreate a 2D one but allow the player to move one step either way in the z-axis"

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@djoffer: I agree with dark souls being crappy looking, ran like crap as well.

However it's story and lore is very good its just not spoon fed via cutscneses.

It's told very well through the environment, and items.

Playing Dark souls feels like your an archogloiest the story is great.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69514 Posts

Demon Souls would be the first game in which I tried because of all the praise that left me stupefied because I did not understand what was so good about the game. It felt like people were forcing themselves to like the game under the guise of being hardcore. The game felt unpolished and were missing features that would be unacceptable in any other game. The mechanics were shoddy and the game lacked any meaningful direction. Difficulty was the least of its problem.

The Witcher 3. I enjoyed The Witcher 2; prior to playing Skyrim. So, I expected to enjoy The Witcher 3. With all the raving reviews I decided to cave in, so I bought the game. Normally I would wait for a price drop. The game started out very promising but it quickly turned into a cutscene heavy, unrewarding and poor controls experience. Websites that gave this game a perfect score is full of bullshit. How can a game with such poor controls be praised so highly? Did people forget that we play games to play not to sit back and watch a drawn out cutscene and not to be abused by a poor combat and controls. This trend of rating games highly on superficial stories is terrible for gaming.

Uncharted 4. Another super highly rated game. The graphics are great. You can't complain about the graphics and be taken seriously. And that is where the pleasure of the game ends for me. The game refuses to allow you to play. Your pacing is consistently controlled by numerous force walk segments or force walk zones. In some of the force walk areas they further reduce your speed. I don't play games to simply push forward. That is not gaming and devs are being sent a message that this shit is OK. The pacing in the game is particularly bad and the level design is mostly mediocre. There are some enjoyable moments but they are short lived.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@sogogi110 said:

I mostly enjoyed Witcher 1, tho never completed it (too much fetch questy shit). I knew there was a reason I'd not gotten past the tutorial in Witcher 2 but couldn't remember what it was - so I replayed it tonight and my GOD do the controls STINK!

I think they're the worst controls I've used in a game in a decade - even if we ignore the fact that the game twice stopped responsing to ANY inputs whatsoever (and frequently ignored others), they're awful even when they're working!?

Keyboard and Mouse - WASD movement and the whole number bar for skills - really? REALLY?

It's pretty obvious they'd rather you use controller - but that's really no better because the "quick wheel" menu is clumsy-as-hell - to the point of being almost unusable!?

Both control systems feel laggy and unresponsive - character control is woolly - targetting is absolutely tragic - it's like controlling a puppet-show when you're pissed?

yup - TW2 is painfully awkward in combat. Great visuals, cool branching story and characters, but it was my least favorite of the trilogy because actually playing it was miserable.

TW3 adopts a heavily modified version of the same general mechanics. IMO it's substantially improved. Like, I actually enjoy combat in TW3. But he still has (what I firmly believe is realistic) inertia which makes for combat to be rather difficult at times (what people will describe as "clunky" but I think not in the same way as TW2 was clunky). Some of the foibles feel like they are still there. If you can get your paws on it for cheap, you might give it a chance despite your hatred for TW2, because I do think the combat is substantially better - but as I said, it is built on the same general mechanical base

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Bioshock Infinite: How about we take Bioshock out of Bioshock and just make a poor man's Halo clone with redundant weapons and powers and a convoluted plot that makes no sense?

Boredlands (no typo): Die against stupidly strong bandits. Grind critters to get identical gun with slightly better stats. Die against bandits. Grind critters.

Dead Island: Craft a stick to bash a zombie's head better than the last stick you crafted.

Resident Evil remake: Running around burning every single zombie you killed, because if you don't it's game over.

Metro Last Light: So much fun when half the game takes place outside and you're against the clock in stupidly designed areas with invisible walls everywhere.

System Shock 2: Let's make a really deep RPG and hide it behind the least fun shooting mechanics imaginable. Oh and the guns break faster than a 2005 Xbox 360.

Undertale: WTF even?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

Fallen victim to this a few times, even though, others have likely with my over praised recommendations.

Not everyone is going to enjoy the same games and that's fine, however here is a list of games recommended, that I wish I avoided and ignored-

• Half Life 2- Came to this one late and just don't get the love, weapons are ill balanced, level design is meh, and story segments overstay their welcome. Probably a 'for its time' game and not a lasting classic.
  • Fallout 3- I get what new stuff it tried, but it's just an uglier ESIV: Oblivion clone with 0% charm. I actually hated myself playing this game.
  • Dead Space- If. . If you never played Resi 4? This might be seen as good/ or if you're obsessed with space horror. Did nothing for me, and the enemy designs are shallow.
  • The Witcher 2- Was told this is "the best Action RPG ever" and couldn't disagree more, after an hour I uninstalled it. Simply disliked the combat. TW3 I have a slightly higher opinion of, though has similar issues.
  • Splatoon- Ok, granted, this wasn't bad. But when someone claimed "it's like Mario Galaxy, but better" prepare to be mislead and disappointed. Still fun in multiplayer..

*Probably more however a lot of games that don't rub me the right way is my own purchase error and not over hyped thrown in my face "masterpieces", these above, I know for a fact got recommended to me, and wish they didn't.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Half-Life 2 - I really don't get it. The weapons don't feel like you're actually shooting anything, the story is barren and doesn't do enough to make itself important, the main character might as well be a table he lacks so much personality, and I just didn't enjoy any of the encounters as much as I'd hoped.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - the overworld feels so bland, the combat is too fast and loose for my liking, the leveling system is...really backwards, and I feel like the speech system was a poor choice.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

Half-Life 2 - I really don't get it. The weapons don't feel like you're actually shooting anything, the story is barren and doesn't do enough to make itself important, the main character might as well be a table he lacks so much personality, and I just didn't enjoy any of the encounters as much as I'd hoped.

I agree about the guns - the rest simply isn't true - the story is simply not in your face, it's arguably the best storytelling a fps.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts
@freezyfrog said:

Crash Bandicoot - I do not like that game.

Are you talking Crash Bandicoot as a series, or just Crash Bandicoot 1? Because I'm a fan of Crash games I but can't stand the first one because its too hard for me.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10447 Posts

@Pedro said:

Uncharted 4. Another super highly rated game. The graphics are great. You can't complain about the graphics and be taken seriously. And that is where the pleasure of the game ends for me. The game refuses to allow you to play. Your pacing is consistently controlled by numerous force walk segments or force walk zones. In some of the force walk areas they further reduce your speed. I don't play games to simply push forward. That is not gaming and devs are being sent a message that this shit is OK. The pacing in the game is particularly bad and the level design is mostly mediocre. There are some enjoyable moments but they are short lived.

everyone's entitled to their opinion of course (i disagree about the pacing and level design. i thought they were for the most part excellent) but as far as your other criticisms go, what exactly were you expecting the game to be like, assuming you've played or are at least familiar with the previous three games? the uncharted games are super linear, cinematic set piece based platform / puzzler / action story based games. the gameplay has always had that simplistic on-rails type feel. so criticising the fourth instalment for following that same design seems more like naivety on your part for expecting it to be otherwise.

on topic, i'd say san andreas. despite the dullard protagonist the game starts with an amazing intro series of authentic 90s gangsta rap style missions but quickly gets ruined by the game shooting off on a ridiculous tangent once your brother gets arrested. it then essentially turns into a long winded driving game full of filler missions and forgettable characters with a story stretched wafer thin for the sake of longevity. complete jack of all trades, master of none

Avatar image for deactivated-57bada6e13591
deactivated-57bada6e13591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-57bada6e13591
Member since 2016 • 26 Posts

@glitch-: I've not tried any of the others in the series aside from the first but I am open to trying the others sometime.

Any in particular I should try first?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mastermetal777

@freezyfrog: try the second and third. They control much better and are more varied in their level design.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: Lol yeah undertale is also a good choice, thank god for steams refund system!!

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

@freezyfrog:

Just try Crash Bandicoot 2. If you don't like that then the series REALLY isn't for you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pedro

@nibbin1191 said:

Dishonoured, everything it does is done by other games but better. Never really got into the story or the world either.

Also Borderlands.

I interested how other games did a better job? Its only stealth game that I have played in which you can play it entirely non-lethal.

@Macutchi said:

everyone's entitled to their opinion of course (i disagree about the pacing and level design. i thought they were for the most part excellent) but as far as your other criticisms go, what exactly were you expecting the game to be like, assuming you've played or are at least familiar with the previous three games? the uncharted games are super linear, cinematic set piece based platform / puzzler / action story based games. the gameplay has always had that simplistic on-rails type feel. so criticising the fourth instalment for following that same design seems more like naivety on your part for expecting it to be otherwise.

No. I am expecting a game that facilitate gaming and not a "game" the controls what I do, when I do to the point where my interactivity is an inconvenience to the story telling. I have played the past three games with the last game prior to this being the worst. Reviews of Uncharted 4 were indicating that this game was the best in the series and I strongly disagree. Its sad that its not acceptable to expect games to be like games and it must be the fault of the gamer for not knowing the game would play itself for the most part.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Macutchi
@Pedro said:
@nibbin1191 said:

Dishonoured, everything it does is done by other games but better. Never really got into the story or the world either.

Also Borderlands.

I interested how other games did a better job? Its only stealth game that I have played in which you can play it entirely non-lethal.

@Macutchi said:

No. I am expecting a game that facilitate gaming and not a "game" the controls what I do, when I do to the point where my interactivity is an inconvenience to the story telling. I have played the past three games with the last game prior to this being the worst. Reviews of Uncharted 4 were indicating that this game was the best in the series and I strongly disagree. Its sad that its not acceptable to expect games to be like games and it must be the fault of the gamer for not knowing the game would play itself for the most part.

if you don't think uc4 is the best in the series that's fine, it's your opinion, but i don't understand how the fourth differs dramatically from the previous 3 and "plays itself for the most part." and what does "my interactivity is an inconvenience to the story telling" mean?

i agree about dishonored. @nibbin1191what games do everything it does but better? mgsv, alien isolation and mark of the ninja are the only stealth games i can think of in recent years that are comparable in terms of quality within the genre but they all play very differently to dishonored

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#20 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@sogogi110: Rise of the Tomb Raider. I know so many people love it but I just didn't dig the direction they went with it. The first Tomb Raider game I've genuinely disliked.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I seem to find alot of games that should be 6 or 7 that get 8's or 9's. A few would be:

Batman series: repetitive combat, tedious puzzles

Far cry 3: Shocking inventory/crafing system, terrible characters/voice acting, and the list goes on. It's like a B - grade version of Fallout. (Actually it probably doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as Fallout!)

Wolfenstein tno: Wow, I have no idea what people see in this game. Gallery shooter with hardly anything that makes it unique/interesting.

Skyrim: It's not all bad, but it doesn't really reward the player for completing quests, leveling up and exploration. It just mindlessly throws the same stuff at you again and again. It's a game without a heart!!!

Juanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Juanderer
Member since 2016 • 16 Posts

Cool thread. I would have to say Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS. I had two friends who said the game was phenomenal and was a "Must-Buy" and that I should play it IMMEDIATELY. After playing it for 2-3 hours, I put my 3DS down, removed the game cartridge, and never looked back. I probably owe this experience to my very short attention span, or some other thing. I just couldn't like the game. I was also disappointed with Final Fantasy IV, although at the time my attention span was probably near-zero, so I'm probably gonna try FF IV again.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

@juanderer: did you get as far as facing the great jaggi? the first chunk of missions are pretty boring as they are introducing new things to you that you will need to know going forward. pre hunt prep is vital in monster hunter. did you also try the different weapons? they all play very differently.

just a couple of suggestions if you ever want to try it again. but i can absolutely understand why people wouldnt like it. i love it but its a marmite game.

for me its the souls games. i have tried 2 (demon souls and dark souls 2) and i think i just dont agree with the developers approach on a philosophical level.

there is a good combat system buried in there and some cool enemy tactics but i think its hampered by sloppy control handeling and the levelling system. if they tightened up on the former and dumped the latter i think i would enjoy it more.

but at the moment it just feels like a grind.

Ekasio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ekasio
Member since 2016 • 19 Posts

Half Life 2: I honestly don't enjoy it. I actually played Half Life 2 and got bored after a couple hours. The gameplay wasn't fun for me and the story was meh for me, and I have a huge interest in well constructed story. (However I can't really say definitively that the story wasn't good as I never finished it.) The story for me just wasn't able to draw me in enough to make me want to play more. I actually had much more fun playing Half Life 1 which I played a while after attempting to play 2.

Skyrim: Skyrim is a good game don't get me wrong. It's just... Not that great. It's fun for a while but after a while I got sick of "Go into this cave and fight the same enemies you've seen a hundred times with no challenge even at harder difficulty and get this object of no meaning to you, all to get an item that's worse than any item you have because it's so easy to get some of the top tier weapons"

Garrys mod: I think everyone knows this isn't a top quality game obviously and probably think it's weird I would even mention it here, but I never really had any kind of fun on this at all. Even with friends I only played because it's what everyone was doing, I still was bored out of my mind in every minute.

Hitman Absolution: I got so bored playing this. It's not difficult and hardly satisfying to do anything at all. I'm not sure if I'm playing the wrong hitman game but I always see so much hype for the franchise and this game just didn't do it for me.

Team Fortress 2: I genuinely hate this game. It's not fun and has to be my least favorite multiplayer fps game of all time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pedro

@Macutchi said:

if you don't think uc4 is the best in the series that's fine, it's your opinion, but i don't understand how the fourth differs dramatically from the previous 3 and "plays itself for the most part." and what does "my interactivity is an inconvenience to the story telling" mean?

i agree about dishonored. @nibbin1191what games do everything it does but better? mgsv, alien isolation and mark of the ninja are the only stealth games i can think of in recent years that are comparable in terms of quality within the genre but they all play very differently to dishonored

Firstly, I know its my opinion. The core of the thread is about gamers' opinion. So, I don't understand the need to re-iterate.

Uncharted 1 to 4 has focus less on gameplay with each new iteration. This game trumped 3 with regards to the focus on the story. The reviews indicated it was an improvement to 3 but that was not the case. The game offered more non gameplay elements than any of its predecessor at the cost of gameplay. That is not an opinion but the design of the game. When I am playing a game and the controls are taken away regularly my gaming experienced is undermined. Its like the gameplay is there to satiate the story and not the other way around. If the trend continues as it has with Uncharted, there would be even less game to play.

@killered3 said:

@sogogi110: Rise of the Tomb Raider. I know so many people love it but I just didn't dig the direction they went with it. The first Tomb Raider game I've genuinely disliked.

What rubbed you the wrong way?

NingYupOwaDat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NingYupOwaDat
Member since 2016 • 182 Posts

@ekasio:

I ejoyed hitman absolution for what is was but it is nothing like any of the other hitman games. It is literally like its from a different franchise. When people say hitman is great they are talking abput every game apart from absolution.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Macutchi

@Pedro said:
@Macutchi said:

Firstly, I know its my opinion. The core of the thread is about gamers' opinion. So, I don't understand the need to re-iterate.

i was trying to be polite considering lines like "plays itself for the most part," "my interactivity is an inconvenience to the story telling" and "the game refuses to allow you to play" are just over exaggerated nonsense

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pedro

@Macutchi said:

i was trying to be polite considering lines like "plays itself for the most part," "my interactivity is an inconvenience to the story telling" and "the game refuses to allow you to play" are just over exaggerated nonsense

To you its nonsense but like everyone else I; like you, are allowed to share our views on the the games we didn't like. If you can't handle it you should have simply avoided this thread.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I have a few games like this, but for the most part even when I don't like a game I can still recognize why someone else might. Destiny is a great example. It doesn't appeal to me but I can get why people like it.

To the HL2 haters, though, I have a question. Did you guys play it when it was new or years after?

-Byshop

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thereal25

@ekasio said:

Half Life 2: I honestly don't enjoy it. I actually played Half Life 2 and got bored after a couple hours. The gameplay wasn't fun for me and the story was meh for me, and I have a huge interest in well constructed story. (However I can't really say definitively that the story wasn't good as I never finished it.) The story for me just wasn't able to draw me in enough to make me want to play more. I actually had much more fun playing Half Life 1 which I played a while after attempting to play 2.

Skyrim: Skyrim is a good game don't get me wrong. It's just... Not that great. It's fun for a while but after a while I got sick of "Go into this cave and fight the same enemies you've seen a hundred times with no challenge even at harder difficulty and get this object of no meaning to you, all to get an item that's worse than any item you have because it's so easy to get some of the top tier weapons"

Garrys mod: I think everyone knows this isn't a top quality game obviously and probably think it's weird I would even mention it here, but I never really had any kind of fun on this at all. Even with friends I only played because it's what everyone was doing, I still was bored out of my mind in every minute.

Hitman Absolution: I got so bored playing this. It's not difficult and hardly satisfying to do anything at all. I'm not sure if I'm playing the wrong hitman game but I always see so much hype for the franchise and this game just didn't do it for me.

Team Fortress 2: I genuinely hate this game. It's not fun and has to be my least favorite multiplayer fps game of all time.

Oh Team Fortress 2... I'll try not to bash it because it's just really not my thing. Just like how puzzle,sport and sim games generally aren't my thing.

chitosan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chitosan87
Member since 2012 • 103 Posts

@sogogi110:

Hi Sogo,

I actually agree with you topic. But somehow, I must say that our favorites are changing along with our age. For example, I used to love COD, Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors and everything related to Smack down & Raw when I was a kid at school. But then now I’m married and got a job, all those simple game are not challenging anymore. Do you agree?

Now I have the same feeling, for example:

1) COD; it was so good back in the day, when I was a soldier and got a feeling a bit of WWII looks like. But now, when my cousins and friend kept buying COD, I’d said meh … So now our duty are to throw knife from miles away and landed on someone’s head?

2) Demon Souls; I can’t stand the graphic. It was fun at 3 first hours but then I realize that I has no taste with such game. I know, if I was really in that game, I’d be died countless times but it wasn’t fun. I hate waste my time and bored for die easily, too easy to die. Well I just suck at that game. LOL

3) Far Cry 4; *spoiler* after all the adventures I’ve been through … all those people & animals I had killed. In the end, the villain just want me to get the throne and put the mom’s ashes? As simple as that? WTF man … such a waste and Very Disappointing. Gameplay are similar to its previous and to AC. Story, too simple. But I love the view from mountain and see civilians got crushed by elephant.

4) Witcher 3; I love this game for the first 5 hours. I love the gameplay, Love the level design and the story. But something missing. Somehow I just got bored with all those mystic and magical story.

5) GTA 5; I guess … most of gamer will agree that this game are truly loveable & likeable. I do too. But when it came to the online mode. Dude … you can found yourself stuck in a –Christmas Tree- and you died because it lit fire on your body. The Rockstars are failed to do something about this. I tried to do everything, but somehow the hackers could block either it was just a screenshot or video.

6) Hitman Absolution; the idea was cool but the story was meh. The online mode where we could create a contract and share it online was cool. But somehow … It was boring, especially the story. I’d thought it was supposed to be sequel from Blood Money, but 47 got back into the agency and kill Diana?

Well so many games didn't meet our expectation.

Avatar image for stanleyhudson12
StanleyHudson12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By StanleyHudson12
Member since 2016 • 88 Posts

@thereal25: Honestly, I see where you're coming from with Skyrim. I didn't even wind up finishing the game to be honest. I played it for hours, but looking back it was a lot of the same thing, just exploring and clearing out barrows of draugrs.

Looking back, I think I just bought it because I was looking for another Fallout after finishing New Vegas. Now that Fallout 4 has come along, I've realized how bland Skyrim was.

Not to say I didn't enjoy it, I did, but it just wasn't that fun for me.

That being said, I can see why a lot of people liked it.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Macutchi

@Pedro said:
@Macutchi said:

To you its nonsense but like everyone else I; like you, are allowed to share our views on the the games we didn't like. If you can't handle it you should have simply avoided this thread.

it's a discussion forum, i'm discussing your view. and you seem to get very precious when anyone questions your views so if you don't like that perhaps you should avoid posting them particularly when you seem incapable of making a point that isn't drenched in hyperbole. "the game refuses to allow you to play" jesus christ

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pedro

@Macutchi said:

it's a discussion forum, i'm discussing your view. and you seem to get very precious when anyone questions your views so if you don't like that perhaps you should avoid posting them particularly when you seem incapable of making a point that isn't drenched in hyperbole. "the game refuses to allow you to play" jesus christ

You are not discussing anything. I shared my views and it obviously bothered you on a fundamental level. But this thread is not about debating or defending a particular point of view but stating what you did not not like about a particular game. You didn't like my statement and thats fine. But don't act as if you were attempting to have some sort of discussion. Its very clear that this thread is NOT for you so you should simply avoid it since its rather blatant that you cannot handle opinions that are variant to yours.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Macutchi

@Pedro said:

You are not discussing anything. I shared my views and it obviously bothered you on a fundamental level. But this thread is not about debating or defending a particular point of view but stating what you did not not like about a particular game. You didn't like my statement and thats fine. But don't act as if you were attempting to have some sort of discussion.

@Macutchi said:

here's me attempting to discuss your points.

but you're obviously not very good at responding without getting your knickers in a twist so i'll let you go back to making your overly dramatic exaggerated comments in peace

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@Macutchi said:

but you're obviously not very good at responding without getting your knickers in a twist so i'll let you go back to making your overly dramatic exaggerated comments in peace

I already explain that you but you conveniently ignored it.

Uncharted 1 to 4 has focus less on gameplay with each new iteration. This game trumped 3 with regards to the focus on the story. The reviews indicated it was an improvement to 3 but that was not the case. The game offered more non gameplay elements than any of its predecessor at the cost of gameplay. That is not an opinion but the design of the game. When I am playing a game and the controls are taken away regularly my gaming experienced is undermined. Its like the gameplay is there to satiate the story and not the other way around. If the trend continues as it has with Uncharted, there would be even less game to play.

Instead of addressing this you specifically chose to address this

@Macutchi said:
@Pedro said:

So, stop pretending that you were trying to pursue a discussion when your purposely chose not to but instead took the route of being offended by my opinion.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

Halo 4

Although pretty much everyone hates it

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Macutchi
@Pedro said:
@Macutchi said:

I already explain that you but you conveniently ignored it.

Instead of addressing this you specifically chose to address this

@Macutchi said:
@Pedro said:

So, stop pretending that you were trying to pursue a discussion when your purposely chose not to but instead took the route of being offended by my opinion.

i wasn't offended by your opinion lol. it's just a games discussion forum, i enjoy a lively debate.

if you'd have actually answered my question by giving specific examples of comparisons with previous games to show how they drastically differ or described what "my interactivity is an inconvenience to the story telling" actually meant we could have had a discussion about it but your reply was just full of vague generalisations without any context or evidence. so i quoted the arsey comment you opened with because, let's be honest, comments like it "plays itself for the most part" and "the game refuses to allow you to play" are objectively not true.

then you came out with this gem - "this thread is not about debating or defending a particular point of view." i must have missed reading that requirement in the op lol. and it's not stopped other contributors to the thread from discussing their views too because, surprisingly for a forum named games discussion, it's a place where people discuss stuff. and it didn't stop you earlier from asking the guy who didn't like tomb raider "what rubbed you the wrong way" either. so it's ok for you to do it to others but not for them to do to you lol. that's what we call being a hypocrite

Logicuserwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Logicuserwins
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

I am this way with marsrace com. I mean I get that it's wicked hard or whatever, but I think it's boring.

Also dwarf fortress

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pedro

@Macutchi said:

i wasn't offended by your opinion lol. it's just a games discussion forum, i enjoy a lively debate.

if you'd have actually answered my question by giving specific examples of comparisons with previous games to show how they drastically differ or described what "my interactivity is an inconvenience to the story telling" actually meant we could have had a discussion about it but your reply was just full of vague generalisations without any context or evidence. so i quoted the arsey comment you opened with because, let's be honest, comments like it "plays itself for the most part" and "the game refuses to allow you to play" are objectively not true.

then you came out with this gem - "this thread is not about debating or defending a particular point of view." i must have missed reading that requirement in the op lol. and it's not stopped other contributors to the thread from discussing their views too because, surprisingly for a forum named games discussion, it's a place where people discuss stuff. and it didn't stop you earlier from asking the guy who didn't like tomb raider "what rubbed you the wrong way" either. so it's ok for you to do it to others but not for them to do to you lol. that's what we call being a hypocrite

You weren't debating anything. You started the discussion with a passive aggressive statement and then tried to pretend that you were attempting to be civil. When the opportunity arrived for you to respond to the issues I had with the game, you decided to take a it personal and avoid the response to your question. That is a choice that you intentionally made. That is when you decided for yourself that you did not want to debate but deviate into this nonsense.

I know you are somewhat capable of understanding the nature of the thread. This thread was very simple. State what games others like that you didn't. Very simple. A debate is not part of that request. Its a standard list your quibbles about game X. But you had a quibble with me because I don't favor the game you like and reacted in the typical offended manner.

Asking a question about what he didn't like is not the same as debating. That shouldn't be that hard to understand. I would like to know what he didn't like. Very simple. Not get deeply offended for the reasons he didn't like the game. :)

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Macutchi

@Pedro: lol. ok cool well it's been fun discussing uncharted with you. some fascinating insights and interesting perspectives. i've learnt a lot

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thereal25

@stanleyhudson12 said:

@thereal25: Honestly, I see where you're coming from with Skyrim. I didn't even wind up finishing the game to be honest. I played it for hours, but looking back it was a lot of the same thing, just exploring and clearing out barrows of draugrs.

Looking back, I think I just bought it because I was looking for another Fallout after finishing New Vegas. Now that Fallout 4 has come along, I've realized how bland Skyrim was.

Not to say I didn't enjoy it, I did, but it just wasn't that fun for me.

That being said, I can see why a lot of people liked it.

Heh!, I bought Skyrim for the same reason - I thought it would be another fallout after new vegas - how wrong I was!!!

But I'm super pumped for Fallout 4. I'll be buying it as soon as the goty edition gets released.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I haven't really played any games that "suck" in probably over a decade. I try very hard to screen what I buy, and have been pretty successful. But I will echo the dissatisfaction with skyrim. It is my least favorite TES game to date. My main complaint is they streamlined the crap out of it. Magic is shallow, factions have little barrier of entry and there's sort of a "gotta collect em all" feeling about them. Being a member of one has very little meaning for the world or your experience in other factions. The removal of classes also encourages thoughtless jack-of-all trades play over deeper role playing. I never could bring myself to finish it. Started another playthrough of Morrowind instead :-p

But even then I wouldn't say it "sucks" - it has just been retooled to satisfy a different less-old school audience than myself

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

I haven't really played any games that "suck" in probably over a decade. I try very hard to screen what I buy, and have been pretty successful. But I will echo the dissatisfaction with skyrim. It is my least favorite TES game to date. My main complaint is they streamlined the crap out of it. Magic is shallow, factions have little barrier of entry and there's sort of a "gotta collect em all" feeling about them. Being a member of one has very little meaning for the world or your experience in other factions. The removal of classes also encourages thoughtless jack-of-all trades play over deeper role playing. I never could bring myself to finish it. Started another playthrough of Morrowind instead :-p

But even then I wouldn't say it "sucks" - it has just been retooled to satisfy a different less-old school audience than myself

I played Morrowind and it was a very immersive alien world. I didn't finish it because I lost interest. Not sure why I did. Can you explain the factions difference between Morrowind and Skyrim, for I did not reach that far in the game? What was better in Morrowind's factions?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#45  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: I have to agree with System Shock 2. Not a bad game, but damn did fixing things get really, really old and I found the pacing to be annoying (ie a simple go to this location objective turns into "first you need to get key A off of corpse B that is located in Room C past boiler Alpha Theta, then you need to take route 4444 back because the original way you got there is blocked off now. Oh an enemies annoyingly respawn too.")

Also thought the final encounter was very poorly designed since you can simply be unable to do it without the right stats or items.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Black_Knight_00: I have to agree with System Shock 2. Not a bad game, but damn did fixing things get really, really old and I found the pacing to be annoying (ie a simple go to this location objective turns into "first you need to get key A off of corpse B that is located in Room C past boiler Alpha Theta, then you need to take route 4444 back because the original way you got there is blocked off now. Oh an enemies annoyingly respawn too.")

Also thought the final encounter was very poorly designed since you can simply be unable to do it without the right stats or items.

Yeah. I must have installed that game 10 times though the years, each time promising myself i'd beat it, and each time impacting that wall of frustration.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RSM-HQ

@Byshop said:

To the HL2 haters, though, I have a question. Did you guys play it when it was new or years after?

-Byshop

Stated in my comment, "Half Life 2- Came to this one late" or more correctly played the Orange box version on P.C. ^_^

In all due respect, I've played far older games and think some are great, some even joining my favorite games I've ever played.

Half Life 2 just didn't do it for me, however, Team Fortress 2 stuck with me for awhile, so I still enjoyed the bundle overall.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mastermetal777

@Byshop: it's not always to do with the age of the game. I played System Shock 2 well after its release and I enjoyed it a lot. Same with Doom and even Duke Nukem 3D. Half-Life 1 and 2 just didn't scream "greatest games of all-time" to me during my time playing. They felt more like elongated tech demos than anything. Well designed and paced demos, but that's it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RSM-HQ

@mastermetal777: I fully agree, even though D00M bugs my younger muscle memory of reloading and double jumps, I admire the level design which is amazing in that game.

A old classic that could be released tomorrow and I'd have no issue with is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That game just plays so good!! :)

@Those that have fond memories of Half Life 2, continue to enjoy it, because that's awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Uncharted... outdated gameplay, b-movie grade story , annoying lead. only the graphics stand out...