Rare games you are dying to play...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drswank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 0

#51 drswank
Member since 2002 • 943 Posts
I've always wanted to play Michigan for the PS2...not just because Suda 51 is awesome, but what other game lets you play a camera man during a zombie invasion? More than that, what game lets you make decisions to either save people or let them die for extra ratings?
Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Zweihand
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts
I paid $175 for Radiant Silvergun (Sega Saturn), $70 for Dicing Knight (Wonderswan Color), and $100 for Steel Battalion (Xbox). I still need to acquire Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn).
elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts
I'd have to say the original Harvest Moon(SNES) and def. any of the World Tournanment Nintendo cartridges.
whisperingmute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 whisperingmute
Member since 2006 • 1116 Posts

To all those who are miffed by the outrageous prices on eBay for these sought-after games that some folks just buy for 'bragging rights', your sentiments are shared.

It's amazing how Suikoden 1 can be had at a decent price ($40-50....that's about how much it was at retail ), only to have the sequel taking over double, nearly triple that of the original retail price found at stores when it was originally in print.

It numbs my mind. >.>

Grandia is another toughie to find it seems.

I have the two Lunar games I got over the summer in my queue (I've always wanted these since I first heard about the Lunar series back in 2002, not to brag and say "Ooh, I own the rare Lunar series" to all my 'internet buddies'), but with the holidays and all being so busy, they'd have to wait. I plan to play through everything I have in my collection. RPGs though....they're a dedication.....hundereds on hundereds of hours of play time.

ChampionOfLight

Went to a local game store about a month ago and they had Grandia for sale there for $40. I can not express fully how excited I was when I purchased it. For some odd reason, they had three copies of Final Fantasy 7 also but 2 out of the 3 were greatest hits with the last being black label. Totally bought the black label. I think that day was one of the happiest days I've had shopping ever.

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#55 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

I'd love to (re)play FF7...I know it goes for a lot these days

Ikaruga for the GC/DC. Also the Pikmin series for GC, these games seem to go for a lot nowadays.

SMT: Nocturne for PS@ as well as MArvel vs Capcom 2

Tactic Ogre for GBA

....Sadly I use to own these games :( but I figured I wouldnt play them anymore once I got a 360...SO I traded em in for games and whatnot. Now 2 years later I own a PS3 and have a gamecube and now am regretting it lol

drswank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

#56 drswank
Member since 2002 • 943 Posts
I'd have to say the original Harvest Moon(SNES) and def. any of the World Tournanment Nintendo cartridges. elfimis
Ohhhhhh yeah, the World Championship carts would be awesome. I remember entering a Nintendo Power contest to get one.
Avatar image for Videogamefan123
Videogamefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Videogamefan123
Member since 2007 • 941 Posts
Well I want to play a game on a Sega R-360 cabinet. It's a flght simulator from sega that spins around during the game
Mr_Glorius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#58 Mr_Glorius
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts
I've been looking for any copy of the Tecmo Deception series on PS1 for years.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
It'll be highly unlikely that I'll ever have the opportunity, but I'm itching to play Dragon Hopper some day. It's a bit like Zelda, only with more platforming (at least from what I can tell from the screenshots). Whereas most of the games mentioned here had limited print runs, this is an unreleased game. An unreleased Virtual Boy game, at that. It's EXTREMELY rare, and whoever has a prototype cart that isn't in Nintendo's vaults won't even take 5000 US$ offers for it (the offers were posted on collector forums, but went unanswered). Hell, I'll probably have bought and played through Panzer Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun, and all the other price-gouged-on-eBay games long before I get the chance to play that one.
Samurai_Musaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Samurai_Musaki
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
A game being rare really depends on where you live. You can find most games being supplied for americans at shops here and there for a real bargain. But out where I live there aren't shops like that man, it's all bought 50kM away or online. And even if you do find a cheap one online they'll only ship it to you for 25-30 bucks US.
Samurai_Musaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Samurai_Musaki
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
PS. I really want the original Dark Cloud. Not Dark freaking chronicle
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Why must that game be so awesome, and yet rare?
noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts

I payed almost $140 for Kula World (PSX)

PSX-man

Is it still worth that much? I have a copy and need money for stuff.