Rare games you are dying to play...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm talking about the kind of games that go for over 100 bucks on ebay because they are just impossible to find, but oh so good.

The 2 biggest games I am desperately trying to acquire are Persona and Persona 2 for the PS. After playing Persona 3, I need to play the first two to feel, well, complete. I don't want to miss out on this franchise as Persona 3 has become one of my favorites of all-time. I had wanted the other Shin Megami Tensei games as well, but I believe they have been re-released, so I'm not in a super rush to get them.

Do you all have any rare games you are dying to buy or play?

PSX-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#2 PSX-man
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts

I payed almost $140 for Kula World (PSX)

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Basically all the SNES RPG's: Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy II & III, etc.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
The ones I want to go after are RIDICULOUSLY rare. Games like PC Cocoron, Sonic X-treme, Phantasy Star Fukkokuban, etc.
Kaldea_Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kaldea_Orchid
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Team Buddies for ps1 I had the demo disk from playstation mag but it was failed to be fully released into the us market.

Mostly released in PAL version but few copies were made for the NTSC but usally run you $100 to the near $400s

Maybe someday I will be lucky to get my hands on one >_<

Ihavefury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ihavefury
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
For me I really want a Saturn, and the games that I am dying to play from that are Guardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, and Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
I own many of the games that have been mentioned so far. I'm not dying to play any game really, but I want games like Guwange and Dimahoo, but the PCBs cost too much.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

I own many of the games that have been mentioned so far. I'm not dying to play any game really, but I want games like Guwange and Dimahoo, but the PCBs cost too much.Panzer_Zwei

Really? Even those Sega ones I mentioned? And were the game creators drunk when they made those titles, because it sounds like they drank to the point of unlearning English :P.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#9 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts
rez on the dreamcast
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]I own many of the games that have been mentioned so far. I'm not dying to play any game really, but I want games like Guwange and Dimahoo, but the PCBs cost too much.Video_Game_King

Really? Even those Sega ones I mentioned? And were the game creators drunk when they made those titles, because it sounds like they drank to the point of unlearning English :P.

None of the games that you mentioned interest me. A Mega Drive port of a Master System game that I already have (and is it actually are or expensive even?) and an alpha or beta incomplete bootleg of a canned game.

Do you really want to play those games that much? or you care only about they're collectible value? If it's the first....

As for the game's names, they aren't not in english. I don't recall right now what Guwange stands for, but Dimahoo stands for the the Mahou Daisakusen series.

darthmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 darthmario123
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts
Earthbound and Harvest Moon 64
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
Eternal Darkness and Beyond Good and Evil for the GC.
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
I wanted to play several games however I did not get them yet- Fatal Frame, Dragon Warrior IV, Battletoads series, others that I forgot.
Solors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#14 Solors
Member since 2008 • 574 Posts
I'd like to play Battletoads again, I played it so long ago and want to try again.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yokofox33

Unfortunately people on ebay are crazy and will pay an exorbitant amount of money to acquire the rare games they desire. I tried earlier to get a copy of Persona 2, but the price jumped up dramatically in the last minute and I was left in the dust. I just can't justify paying 80-100 bucks for a game, no matter how rare or good it might be. I'd pay about 40-50 to get a copy of Persona 2, but that'll probably be very difficult, especially on ebay.

It also stings because apparently Atlus re-released about 500 copies of Persona 2 exclusively on Amazon last month to celebrate the launch of Persona 4, but I was unaware of that glorious sale. I would have jumped all over that if I had knew about it. Oh well, the hunt continues...

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Panzer_Zwei

Unfortunately people on ebay are crazy and will pay an exorbitant amount of money to acquire the rare games they desire. I tried earlier to get a copy of Persona 2, but the price jumped up dramatically in the last minute and I was left in the dust. I just can't justify paying 80-100 bucks for a game, no matter how rare or good it might be. I'd pay about 40-50 to get a copy of Persona 2, but that'll probably be very difficult, especially on ebay.

It also stings because apparently Atlus re-released about 500 copies of Persona 2 exclusively on Amazon last month to celebrate the launch of Persona 4, but I was unaware of that glorious sale. I would have jumped all over that if I had knew about it. Oh well, the hunt continues...

yokofox33

I totally agree with you. I can't believe how people would pay US$200+ for games like AZEL: Panzer Dragoon RPG and Radiant Silvergun.

I actually have those games, because I bought them when they first came out. But if I hadn't, I would never shell out $200 for them period. None of those games warrant that price, despite how good they indeed are.

I even believe, specially in the case of Radiant Silvergun that people buy it more for bragging purposes or just for it's name than because they want a great shooting game. I'd be willing to bet people wouldn't be as interested on it if it wasn't so renown. Like it's the case with Soukyugurentai.

z3dd1cu5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 z3dd1cu5
Member since 2007 • 976 Posts
I really want to get Para Para Paradise for the PS2 but it was only ever released in Japan so I would have to mod my PS2 or get a slide card or a japanese PS2. Also it seems like the actual PPP controller is even harder to find than the game itself.
Kaldea_Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kaldea_Orchid

yokofox33
Yeah that has happened to me alot too on ebay. I waited about 2 years for a game usually sold for 70 or $200 I finally got it for $30 bucks with a spine card >.>; Just have to stalk,stalk, and wait. But as Panzer said indeed they buy for bragging rights....My friend bought threads of fate for $200 braged so much two weeks later I bought one for 40 mint o_o;; And sadly people on ebay are usually greedy so that doesn't help the situation! :/
ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts
I would like to play Resident Evil 1.5 (it was RE2) for the PS1. It was about 80%-90% done before Capcom scrapped it and there happens to be a working copy out there or atleast that's what I read.
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
Eternal Darkness and Beyond Good and Evil for the GC.slimdave21
dude, you can have both of those games for less than $25 for the pair at gamestop... they aren't rare at all. anyway, the rare ones i'd like to have are panzer dragoon saga on saturn and ddr mario mix for the gamecube...
PreLuDe_DuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PreLuDe_DuDe
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
I would love to get my hands on Suikoden 1 and 2. Not dying to play it but would be lovely to have in my collection.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts

I really want to see what final fantasy 7 was all about, but I can't find any copies under $60, and I'd rather not pay that much for a game/series I haven't tried yet.

Kaldea_Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kaldea_Orchid

I really want to see what final fantasy 7 was all about, but I can't find any copies under $60, and I'd rather not pay that much for a game/series I haven't tried yet.

ramboturd72

Maybe try the PC version? Just to get the story line and etc o.o;

GillasEggs30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 GillasEggs30
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts

Power Stone 2 on the Dreamcast.

That was my life when I was a little kid :P

Killermonkey97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#25 Killermonkey97
Member since 2005 • 2120 Posts
For now, I really want Earthworm Jim 2, Legend of Mystical Ninja (unless if I get online for my Wii so I could get it for the Virtual Console, which I probably need to do one of these days), The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES), and Battletoads. Crash Bandicoot: Warped! would also be nice, as well. I'm not sure you would count most to any of these games rare (though it's kind of hard finding The Adventures of Batman & Robin on eBay). Then again, I don't believe that anyone is really mass-producing these games again, so there you go.
dark_orb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 dark_orb
Member since 2004 • 1503 Posts

I really want to get myself a copy of Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile 1, Lunar 1 & 2, Castlevania: SOTN, and Ogre Battle for the PS1

Games that I've played but want a copy of would include Grandia and Suikoden 2 which is near impossible.

I'm sad to say that I am one of those weird people that pay $100 for a black label copy of games on ebay. It's the only way to get yourself a good condition copy of these games now. At least that's the case if you live in the middle of Canadian nowhere like I do. This is also why I don't own these games now as it's not that often that I can justify the spending of that kind of money to my wife. Depending on my financial standing next year I plan to bite the bullet and find myself a copy of Lunar: Silver Star Story for PS1, whatever the cost.

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts
long live dreamcast :)
Avatar image for ChampionOfLight
ChampionOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 ChampionOfLight
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts

To all those who are miffed by the outrageous prices on eBay for these sought-after games that some folks just buy for 'bragging rights', your sentiments are shared.

It's amazing how Suikoden 1 can be had at a decent price ($40-50....that's about how much it was at retail ), only to have the sequel taking over double, nearly triple that of the original retail price found at stores when it was originally in print.

It numbs my mind. >.>

Grandia is another toughie to find it seems.

I have the two Lunar games I got over the summer in my queue (I've always wanted these since I first heard about the Lunar series back in 2002, not to brag and say "Ooh, I own the rare Lunar series" to all my 'internet buddies'), but with the holidays and all being so busy, they'd have to wait. I plan to play through everything I have in my collection. RPGs though....they're a dedication.....hundereds on hundereds of hours of play time.

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
I wish I could play Suikoden 2 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. PSx emulators are just so complicated.
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Master_St3ve-
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
I always find a way to play those rare games...;)
Prime2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Prime2099
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
The ones I want to go after are RIDICULOUSLY rare. Games like PC Cocoron, Sonic X-treme, Phantasy Star Fukkokuban, etc.Video_Game_King
Was there ever a playble build for Sonic X-treme? Everything i've read on it was that the only working portion was used for the 3D Section of the Sonic Compilation for the Saturn ( can't remember the name). But if there was then sweet i'd want to play that too.
Prime2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Prime2099
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Well after doing some research on google, my info is a little outdated. Hehe, i haven't been up to date with Saturn stuff since about '03 and all this stuff has come out after wards.
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts
I'd like to get Legend of Mana for ps1 but it goes up to $70 or $80 on ebay. I wouldn't say I'm dying to play it but I've been wanting to play it for quite a while.
Michael622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Michael622
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

I'd love one of the Monster Rancher games on PlayStation but I think there was only one released in the UK and I can't find it for under £70.

Anyone know if any others were released here?

StevenHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 StevenHawking
Member since 2004 • 1584 Posts
Personally, I'm saving up for a complete Samba De Amigo kit for the DC....

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Brigandine, Burning Rangers, and the Saturn Panzers.

Although when I think about it, that $115 I spent on WoW miniatures would have probably paid for two of them, but that game is a real SRPG you can multiplay, making it slightly better than the single player games I have never seen.

McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 McManus107
Member since 2008 • 6356 Posts
Killer7
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Killer7McManus107

You can find that title very easily in America.

I suggest looking it up on Gamestop's website, Gamecube, Playstation 2, or Goozex Gamecube, Playstation 2.

JReefer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 JReefer1
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts
I want to try just about every game on this website's "gems collection" www.racketboy.com. Some cool info.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

the Sonic Adventures for Dreamcast

(its impossible to find a working Dreamcast anywhere here and the games are even harder to find)

Double Dragon or w/e for NES

Rez for Dreamcast also

I have most rare games that people pay big money for like

battletoads, ff7, ff8, ff9, all that stuff

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

I'd sell my left testicle for Starfox: Super Weekend. It's an insanely rare game.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yokofox33

Well, it must have been fate. I finally got my copy of Persona 2 on ebay. It was only 45 bucks AND 10% of the profits go to a wolf sanctuary charity. Wolves are my favorite animal, so naturally I had to buy the game. With 4.80 dollars shipping, the total was just under 50 bucks. Perfect feedback with over a 100+ rating. Only thing that has me paranoid is that it has some light scratches on the disc, but is guaranteed to work, or my money back. There is a refund offer through paypal, so I'm covered if anything is wrong with the game. I might be an idiot, but whatever. As long as it works, I'm fine. I never plan on selling this game, so the scratches are no concern to me... unless it doesn't work, then I'll cry at night. Just send me your good vibes so that it'll work!

afrothundaIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 afrothundaIV
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts

dragon force for saturn

marvel vs. capcom 2 for ps2

zelda: ocarina of time & majora's mask for gc (seen it recently in a gamestop, think it ran for $50)

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#44 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
Castleania Dracula X. I wish it was more affordable :(
TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

Well, it must have been fate. I finally got my copy of Persona 2 on ebay. It was only 45 bucks AND 10% of the profits go to a wolf sanctuary charity. Wolves are my favorite animal, so naturally I had to buy the game. With 4.80 dollars shipping, the total was just under 50 bucks. Perfect feedback with over a 100+ rating. Only thing that has me paranoid is that it has some light scratches on the disc, but is guaranteed to work, or my money back. There is a refund offer through paypal, so I'm covered if anything is wrong with the game. I might be an idiot, but whatever. As long as it works, I'm fine. I never plan on selling this game, so the scratches are no concern to me... unless it doesn't work, then I'll cry at night. Just send me your good vibes so that it'll work!

yokofox33
It's easy to fix any scratches, just bring it to a used CD place... it usually only costs $5 dollars.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yokofox33
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

TheMadGamer

It's easy to fix any scratches, just bring it to a used CD place... it usually only costs $5 dollars.

Yeah, that's true, but I'm in Japan, so I would have no idea where to bring it or even how to tell them to fix it. It's all good though, the seller said if I was dissatisfied with the product, I can return it to them for a refund. They also double checked that the game worked in a PS1 and PS2, so all should be well... I hope!

JReefer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 JReefer1
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts
Ultimate Mortal Kombat Sega Saturn version.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
Military Madness for the Turbografx-16
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Panzer_Zwei

dragon force for saturn

afrothundaIV

Dragon Force certainly gets a lot of praise. But it's just too weird how nobody ever comments on how awful the A.I. is in that game. It does brings down the overall experience.

It's also weird how almost nobody knows that there's actually a Dragon Force 2 which is much better and improved than the original.

Military Madness for the Turbografx-16DPhunkT
That's certainly a great game.

I don't know if it has become rare, but I don't think it's expensive. So you should try finding it, if you have the system. Or maybe on a download service.

Chrono66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chrono66
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts
I'd like to give Xenogears a shot after what everyone has said about it.