"Don't you just hate it when..." (Gamer Pet Peevs)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJ-Wolfman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 DJ-Wolfman09
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts

you know 'em, we all have 'em, i have too many to count but one sticks out for me right now.

Don't you just hate it when non gamer people comment on your loosing but never on your winning?

talk about this one or post your own!

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
When call of duty players play something that isn't call of duty and then complain that it's not identical to call of duty.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

People who pay $60 for a Halo game and complain it only has 6 hours of gameplay. :?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

When call of duty players play something that isn't call of duty and then complain that it's not identical to call of duty.Treflis

This, and when company's completely change/butcher a game/series to make it more appealing to the CoD players, and in the process completely alienate there initial fanbase, and it's even worse when you know that those CoD players won't appreciate the game regardless and then we're left with a game no one wants(looking at Epic and there recent treatment of the Gears of War series, especially the upcoming Judgement).

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

People who pay $60 for a Halo game and complain it only has 6 hours of gameplay. :?

speedfreak48t5p
I payed $40 and was a bit disappointed; however, Resistance 3 is about the same amount of time, but I enjoyed it more.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#6 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

One thing I dislike these days are the short campaigns found in FPSs, due to the emphasis being put on multiplayer. In a game, I enjoy the story, characters, and settings much more than just blowing up other people online, which can get mindless really quick.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

1. Too much emphasis on mp

2. Too much cutscene

3. Too emo

4. No plot or stupid plot

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

People complain about Call of Duty players and their obsessive whining. Don't like listening to them? MUTE THEM. It's not f*cking rocket science; for god's sake just mute them and play the damn game.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

1. Gamers who just take it in the bu.....and then defending it. Day one DLCs, Online passes, online at all times (singleplayer games), etc.

2. Gamers who just bi*** about everything and overreact. ME3s ending (it was crap but the outrage was....), Hitman's retaliation, etc

Retrogamer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Retrogamer24
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

people bash another console because they don't have it.

publishers impose MP in games that don't warrant it.

games get teaser trailers when they are nowhere near complete.

online trophies are required for a Platinum.

games freeze after you've been playing a long time and haven't reached a save/check point.

people complain that GTA has too many fetch quests and gopher missions.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

A couple of times Vanquish has shoved a cutscene in my face in the middle of a firefight. Just piss off, I truly don't care and I want to kill things.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Gamers that hate on sports video games! "why not just go outside". Yeah, let me just start playing NBA level basketball at the nearest blacktop, by myself...

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

when company's completely change/butcher a game/series to make it more appealing to the CoD players, and in the process completely alienate there initial fanbase, and it's even worse when you know that those CoD players won't appreciate the game regardless and then we're left with a game no one wants

spike6958

This exactly. One of my favorite games this gen was Dead Space and DS2 was a simple corridor shooter and now DS3 is an online co-op shooter made specifically to appeal to Call of Duty players who don't like horror games - who of course won't buy it anyway because they don't like horror games and it's not Call of Duty.

I honestly think that's why we see so many studio heads retiring or going into other forms of gaming - they used to be in a creative industry but now they're just cogs in the corporate machine; nothing but programmers as the marketing people and focus groups make all the "creative" decisions.

I'm also extremely tired of every game having to have online. The head guy at EA said he didn't give the go-ahead to a single game last year unless it had online. I don't know how many studio heads need to come out and say that all the time and effort that goes into creating the multiplayer reduces the amount of time and effort available for the single player portion. This whole "all games must be structured in exactly the same way" thing is just boring. Really, really boring.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

"....people start threads where half of the sentence is missing?"

Yeah, I do

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

When call of duty players play something that isn't call of duty and then complain that it's not identical to call of duty.Treflis

This.

And when bratty little kids have their parents buy them games they're too young to be playing. M rated shooters like Call of Duty and Halo. I've seen this so much at Gamestop. I don't understand why 10 year olds like CoD so much.

I was at the mall a few days ago, and as I was leaving Gamestop I passed a little kid and his mother. The mother took a game out of the bag the kid had, I don't know what game it was, but I heard her say "Another shooting game! Seriously?" I have no idea what game it was, but I'm sure we all can take a guess.

And then I also hate it when the parents are just as unpleasant. At Play n Trade about a week ago, there was a mother and her kid looking around, and the mother was one hell of a b*tch. As I was looking around, I could here her complaining the entire time, saying things like "I'm NOT paying $15 for an Xbox game!" She was giving the employees a hard time. After she left, I was talking to the employees and they were complaining about her, they were being as nice and diplomatic as possible, but she would be unpleasant and rude about everything no matter what.

So yeah, people at gaming stores is one of my pet peeves. The people who go to Play N Trade are typically either gamers looking for some good retro games, (and that's cool, I'll usually meet some cool people there.) or confused parents who bring their kids there thinking it's Gamestop.

Another minor pet peeve of mine is how Gamestop is starting to take PS2 games off the shelves, making them harder to find.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Multiplayer in everything because of COD's success.Even God of War's getting it now,they better make sure the campaign does not suffer.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#17 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Generic big (tall or fat) enemies, usually bosses, that have that stupid attacks where they stomp their foot or jump up and down doing massive shockwave damage even though it wouldn't have done anything to your character.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="Treflis"]When call of duty players play something that isn't call of duty and then complain that it's not identical to call of duty.GeoffZak

This.

And when bratty little kids have their parents buy them games they're too young to be playing. M rated shooters like Call of Duty and Halo. I've seen this so much at Gamestop. I don't understand why 10 year olds like CoD so much.

I was at the mall a few days ago, and as I was leaving Gamestop I passed a little kid and his mother. The mother took a game out of the bag the kid had, I don't know what game it was, but I heard her say "Another shooting game! Seriously?" I have no idea what game it was, but I'm sure we all can take a guess.

And then I also hate it when the parents are just as unpleasant. At Play n Trade about a week ago, there was a mother and her kid looking around, and the mother was one hell of a b*tch. As I was looking around, I could here her complaining the entire time, saying things like "I'm NOT paying $15 for an Xbox game!" She was giving the employees a hard time. After she left, I was talking to the employees and they were complaining about her, they were being as nice and diplomatic as possible, but she would be unpleasant and rude about everything no matter what.

So yeah, people at gaming stores is one of my pet peeves. The people who go to Play N Trade are typically either gamers looking for some good retro games, (and that's cool, I'll usually meet some cool people there.) or confused parents who bring their kids there thinking it's Gamestop.

Another minor pet peeve of mine is how Gamestop is starting to take PS2 games off the shelves, making them harder to find.

Same here, so glad I managed to grab Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicles a while ago, but I guess I'll have to give up on completing my FF Collection when FF VII - DoC is missing ._.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

Generic big (tall or fat) enemies, usually bosses, that have that stupid attacks where they stomp their foot or jump up and down doing massive shockwave damage even though it wouldn't have done anything to your character. Legolas_Katarn

LOL. Now that I think about it, this does happen a lot in video games.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

After Journey has won some GotY awards, it's the same thing.

"Journey doesn't do like this game or this game does, so it's not a game and sucks!!"

I've never seen such closed-mindedness in a long time from so many people.

Pipsies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pipsies
Member since 2012 • 59 Posts
Annoying people on voice-chat who don't actually say anything useful. Swearing and complaining into your mic is not helping the team. Turn it off unless you have something helpful to say.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts
Unskippable cutscene. Why do these archaic mechanisms exist? The majority of the stories are poorly written anyway so save gamers the suffering and allow ALL cutscenes to be easily skipped and while yu are at it reduce there frequency. Force walk. Again this is a story focus handicap where my character is force walk and listen to some fool over the radio/cell etc to explain another uninteresting aspect of the story. Invisible walls. Don't make a location look passible when it is impassible. It visual jarring and disconnecting. Shockwave. This AOE generated from foot stump or anything slaming the ground to inflict damage is simply stupid. Find another method without implementing something that visiually and realistically cannot harm you.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

single player fps games. i just can't play fps unless its multiplayer or something. this is the single reason i didn't get far cry 3. i probably wouldve got it if it had a third person option.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#24 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
It's always the guy on the losing team at the bottom of the scoreboard that runs his mouth...I usually mute these people because they are trash.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
Shooter games that nerf how much ammo you can carry ie COD, Halo 4. There's nothing worse than constantly running out of ammo. Game devs listen: soldiers carry hundreds of rounds into battle. Taking most of our ammo off us but then allowing us a perk later on to carry more isn't tactical, cool or remotely fun. And no it doesn't eliminate camping. It just leads to stupid deaths. Yes you killed me because I'm not allowed to carry enough ammo with the decent weapon I'm carrying.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#26 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Another really annoying thing these days in multiplayer is the players who cuss incessantly. It's kind of like, "Wow. Is your vocabulary really that limited?"

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

A couple of times Vanquish has shoved a cutscene in my face in the middle of a firefight. Just piss off, I truly don't care and I want to kill things.

Floppy_Jim

i hear u i have the same problem.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#28 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
really hate cheaters when it comes to games that have multiplayer
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Unskippable cutscenes and cutscenes that are skippable by pressing something as stupid as the Dpad, which can easily happen accidental. Modern day law of cutscenes: start / escape to pause it (I think it's a good feauture to be able to pause cutscenes) and X / space twice to skip it.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#30 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
[QUOTE="PetJel"]Unskippable cutscenes and cutscenes that are skippable by pressing something as stupid as the Dpad, which can easily happen accidental. Modern day law of cutscenes: start / escape to pause it (I think it's a good feauture to be able to pause cutscenes) and X / space twice to skip it.

yeah tha's happened to me more than a few times
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#31 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I hate it when developers don't care about their games on release. Call of Duty for the easy-to-cheat in multiplayer, Bathesda for the bugs and glitches that plague otherwise addicting and enjoyable experiences.

I also hate it when multiplayer DLC is released to a high price, and which dumb people still buy it, aswell as extra trophies added which decrease trophy completion.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#32 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Unskippable cutscenes and cutscenes that are skippable by pressing something as stupid as the Dpad, which can easily happen accidental. Modern day law of cutscenes: start / escape to pause it (I think it's a good feauture to be able to pause cutscenes) and X / space twice to skip it.PetJel

Nothing more frustrating than accidentally skipping a cutscene.