PS2 Wireless controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Which controller is the best?

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
I personally recommend the Logitech Cordless Action controller. It has a similar size as the dual shock controller, an awesome D-pad (which IMO is better than the DS2's d-pad), and great battery life. On average, batteries (2x AA) run around 50 hours with rumble/vibration, easily over 100 hours with rumble/vibration off.
buttonmash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 buttonmash3r
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts
i usually prefer wired controllers
NALDOxCORE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NALDOxCORE
Member since 2008 • 2162 Posts
I have had 8 controllers total in my PS2 lifetime: 2 wired, 6 wireless. Each controller has been from a different company, and to this day, every single wireless has broken while the wired work still. I use the original PS2 controller and have never had any problems, so steer away from wireless. Note: I am not as "hardcore" as you would think. I keep very good care of my stuff, but every wireless gets mutilated.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

I have had 8 controllers total in my PS2 lifetime: 2 wired, 6 wireless. Each controller has been from a different company, and to this day, every single wireless has broken while the wired work still. I use the original PS2 controller and have never had any problems, so steer away from wireless. Note: I am not as "hardcore" as you would think. I keep very good care of my stuff, but every wireless gets mutilated.NALDOxCORE

Hmm... I have the opposite experience. I have two of the Logitech ones I mentioned above. both are lasting me for several years now; and this is with me logging hundreds of hours on them (just a sample: 200+hours on DMC3, 10 playthoughs of RE4, 4 times though MGS3:Subsistence, 100 hours on Persona 3).

marchofthedogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marchofthedogs
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts

I have to say wired, but only because that all I've used. I believe wireless would be good though because there is no cord to trip over or be pulled out. But then I guess that also depends on where your console is.

vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts

I personally recommend the Logitech Cordless Action controller. It has a similar size as the dual shock controller, an awesome D-pad (which IMO is better than the DS2's d-pad), and great battery life. On average, batteries (2x AA) run around 50 hours with rumble/vibration, easily over 100 hours with rumble/vibration off.jt4mtb

Agreed. Only problem is that the face buttons (X, O, Tri, Sq) tend to stick sometimes, but only when used a lot (i.e. Mega Man X Collection ruined my first Logitech).

earthmonkeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 earthmonkeyyy
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
The Logitech is good, besides not having nowhere near as good as rumble as the officical PS2 controller.
patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
i find wireless stuff not to reliable
buttonmash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 buttonmash3r
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

i find wireless stuff not to reliablepatriots2871

yeah me too. except for the next-gen consoles though

zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
I try to stay away from wireless controllers if I were you, they just stop working too much for me.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
when i go for controlers i go with the ones with wire better but for none wire is Logitech Cordless Action controller
biohazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 biohazard
Member since 2002 • 953 Posts
if you decide to go out and get a wireless controller, go get yourself a logitech. i have 2 and they've been nothing but great for me. they stand up well over time and i've never had any connectivity problems.
djphelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djphelps
Member since 2002 • 331 Posts

I've gone through several of the Logitech Wireless controllers. Here's my take:

Pros: excellent battery life, perfect size, slightly textured grips, very good range, no lag, no interference problems, very good rumble, very sturdy construction.

Cons: face buttons will occasionally get stuck (the main reason for replacing 2 of my controllers), only comes in one color - black. That makes it hard to remember which controller is #1.

I've tried some other cheaper controllers, and they really felt flimsy - like if I gripped them too hard they would snap. Plus I'm not a big fan of the garish colors and designs for most of the off-brand controllers. I like the basic black.