PlayStation 4 ( Slim ) or Nintendo Switch?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a88575fcd7d7
deactivated-5a88575fcd7d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 deactivated-5a88575fcd7d7
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Hey,

I love both Sony's and Nintendo's exclusives. But I don't know which current gen console to buy...

P.S. I own an XBOX ONE so the lack of most multiplats of the Switch isn't a big problem. :D

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@strafe09 said:

Hey,

I love both Sony's and Nintendo's exclusives. But I don't know which current gen console to buy...

P.S. I own an XBOX ONE so the lack of most multiplats of the Switch isn't a big problem. :D

A playstation of course.

Unless you love playing the same 2-3 games Mario & Zelda

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@strafe09: Difficult to give you a good idea, considering I've always liked both Nintendo and Playstation games.

Best I can recommend is look at the list of games unique to both platforms yourself and pick the system that has the most games >you< want to play now/ and upcoming.

Switch has only been out a year. Yet, the selection is already very appealing, more so if you missed on the WiiU. And e3 only showed more great games to come in Metroid Prime 4, Kirby Star Allies, and a mainline Pokémon Switch game.

Either one selected you won't be making a bad choice in my opinion.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

Well ps4 slim + games on black friday is 200-250 so its a pretty nice purchase.

I want to say switch since Im a long time nintendo fan too but I think ps4 is a better choice and also cheaper.

Either way you will be increasing your game library by unlocking access to certain exclusives depending on which system you choose.

BLN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BLN1
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

Switch! Better games, and this is only year one!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

If you already own a Xbox One then getting the Nintendo Switch makes much more sense than getting a PS4 since the Nintendo Switch will provide you with a very different type of gaming experience than what you can get on your Xbox One. With the PS4, 90% of the gaming experiences that you can get with the PS4, you can already get something very similar on your Xbox One.

I always recommend that if you can only get two of the consoles, it's best to choose which of the twins (Playstation or Xbox) that you prefer and then get a Nintendo console to supplement it because that combo will give you the best variety.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:

If you already own a Xbox One then getting the Nintendo Switch makes much more sense than getting a PS4 since the Nintendo Switch will provide you with a very different type of gaming experience than what you can get on your Xbox One. With the PS4, 90% of the gaming experiences that you can get with the PS4, you can already get something very similar on your Xbox One.

I always recommend that if you can only get two of the consoles, it's best to choose which of the twins (Playstation or Xbox) that you prefer and then get a Nintendo console to supplement it because that combo will give you the best variety.

This. Xbox and PS4 are too similar for me to recommend both. They both have great exclusives, but the unique functionality of the Switch (being the only one you can play anywhere) plus its own exclusives make it a must-have IMO.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Ps4 slim the best choice

samus763

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 samus763
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I would go with the Switch! Nice variety of games if you ask me.