PGD Recommendation Thread - Post "What game do I buy?" questions here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Magma45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#502 Magma45
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Is it worth buying the original guild wars, is there really that many people playing, expected server lifespan after GW2 etc. Or just wait for Guild Wars 2, anybody have a guess as to when it could be released? Another note is I have a low budget and I'm interested in Crysis 2 and Skyrim.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#503 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

Is there a newer game like Pirates of the Caribbean or Sea Dogs?

On a similar note: if I got either of those games, would I be able to run them on Windows 7?

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#504 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
Which game should I buy Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2 or 3? Also would either Raging Blast 2 or Burt Limit be worth it?
Lesiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#506 Lesiru
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

Hi guys,

I have a couple of pounds to spend but I can buy only one game...

one of those:

Brink

Homefront

'maybe' Crysis 2

which one will you pick and why?

what are the pros and cons of each one??

Thanks You Very Much

Temporius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#507 Temporius
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts
Anyone know of anything ultra-hard that isn't almost pure multiplayer? I can't seem to find anything quite at the level I'm interested in. For reference, Demon's Souls was way too easy.
UrkhamAlmighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 UrkhamAlmighty
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
Hi all, I recently got Tales of Monkey Island, all episodes. My question is: Should I play it right away, or should I go through the older games first storywise (Secret, Curse etc. ?) Thanks in advance !
Everwhaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 Everwhaa
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

Hi guys,

one of those:

Brink

Homefront

'maybe' Crysis 2

Thanks You Very Much

Lesiru
crysis 2 without a question
jackson0751

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 jackson0751
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hey This is some great thing never tought that it could work like that, good job!
pilotmaster9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 pilotmaster9
i love love love sandbox/rpg games but i havent found a game i like for a while i was wondering if anyone knows any games i might like i like games like elder scrolls and terraria.
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#513 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Hi guys,

one of those:

Brink

Homefront

'maybe' Crysis 2

Thanks You Very Much

Lesiru

Brink is terrible. Lots of good ideas totally wasted. It should be a bargain-bin game sooner rather than later.

Homefront is good, but not great. It doesn't stand out in a crowded genre due to a mediocre campaign and unbalanced multiplayer, though the multiplayer is actually pretty great on the maps where snipers can't dominate. Suprised we haven't seen some price cuts on this one yet.

Crysis 2 is the best of this bunch. The campaign is about as long as you'll find for a shooter that also offers a quality multiplayer experience.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
[QUOTE="Lesiru"]

Hi guys,

one of those:

Brink

Homefront

'maybe' Crysis 2

Thanks You Very Much

Crysis 2 bc the other two games aren't any good
carteyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 carteyes
Dragon age origins or original mass effect?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#516 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

Is there a newer game like Pirates of the Caribbean or Sea Dogs?

On a similar note: if I got either of those games, would I be able to run them on Windows 7?

JediXMan7

^ Anyone?

jgamer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 jgamer94
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

CoD: black ops or red faction: armageddon wich one would be more worth the money?

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#518 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
I want to get either Killzone 2 or Bioshock. Please help me decide which one.
Avatar image for XxshadowgamerxX
XxshadowgamerxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#519 XxshadowgamerxX
Member since 2010 • 95 Posts

I love Castlevania, especially the NES and SNES ones and Symphony of the Night, but, they get kinda old when you beat them over and over again, and I was wondering witch one I should get, I was thinking about Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP but on the other hand side I have portrait of ruin for the DS and Lords of Shadows for PS3 and Xbox360, so I am asking you guys, witch one should I get?

ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#520 ianpwilliams
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

Xbox 360 RPG question:

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

or

Risen AND Two Worlds?

I can get Risen and Two Worlds together for the same price Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. Which should I go for? And I know they all have their flaws, but I'm sure I won't mind that (and I've played the "best" RPG's out there).

ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 ianpwilliams

I want to get either Killzone 2 or Bioshock. Please help me decide which one.Weenski

I've played both and I would get Bioshock every time. In my opinion, Killzone 2 is a good/great FPS, but Bioshock is a brilliant experience, so atmospheric, weird and wonderful, and fun.

Edit: Another example of how much I love one more than the other - I played Killzone 2 once, and enjoyed it, then traded it in. I still own Bioshock, and I've played it twice - once it's own, then a second time with Bioshock 2 straight after - and I will no doubt play it a third time when I play Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2, and then Bioshock Infinite. It's just one of those brilliant games that stays with you.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#522 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I love Castlevania, especially the NES and SNES ones and Symphony of the Night, but, they get kinda old when you beat them over and over again, and I was wondering witch one I should get, I was thinking about Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP but on the other hand side I have portrait of ruin for the DS and Lords of Shadows for PS3 and Xbox360, so I am asking you guys, witch one should I get?

XxshadowgamerxX

I really enjoyed the DS castlevanias.

Blindlikeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 Blindlikeme
Me and my girlfriend are a little bored of our game collection and need some recommendations. What we're looking for is really a few games with good replay value and preferably co op too. (NOT ONLINE). By replay value I mean with various endings, new weapons after each play through, different ways to play (eg, different classes to choose) and sorts. Some examples being: Parasite Eve 2 MGS Resident Evil Silent Hill Fable Series Final Fantasy.. We already have all these and yes we know most are single player but they are just some suggestions. What we don't want are games that the replay is purely online play. Nor do we want sports games. I don't care for Oblivion, I have it on pc and got very bored very quickly, however I do like RPGs in general. Just Oblivion bored me. We don't mind FPS but don't suggest COD or BF2 cause the replay really is only online. We have PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 so all game suggestions are welcome. Thanks
JustlyHero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 JustlyHero3
Member since 2011 • 62 Posts

Borderlands is a good game. It doesn't have different endings, but it's more fun just to wander around than to do the story. However, the story is also very good. You can pick between 4 different classes, too. You could try fallout 3 or new vegas. Fallout 3 is more fun, though. You can level up and spent experience points on different calsses. The classes are small guns, medecine, large guns, mele weapons, etc. Those are some games that sound like what you want.

JustlyHero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 JustlyHero3

I am starting to get a little bored of video games because the best games are on the PS3, and I only have the xbox 360! So I was wondering if there are any games like the Resistance series for the xbox 360. Resistance is a PS3 exclusive, and like I said, I don't have a PS3. So, what are xbox 360 games like the Resistance series? Don't say Halo. Oh, and don't say Metro 2033. Thanks!

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#526 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

Me and my girlfriend are a little bored of our game collection and need some recommendations. What we're looking for is really a few games with good replay value and preferably co op too. (NOT ONLINE). By replay value I mean with various endings, new weapons after each play through, different ways to play (eg, different classes to choose) and sorts. Some examples being: Parasite Eve 2 MGS Resident Evil Silent Hill Fable Series Final Fantasy.. We already have all these and yes we know most are single player but they are just some suggestions. What we don't want are games that the replay is purely online play. Nor do we want sports games. I don't care for Oblivion, I have it on pc and got very bored very quickly, however I do like RPGs in general. Just Oblivion bored me. We don't mind FPS but don't suggest COD or BF2 cause the replay really is only online. We have PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 so all game suggestions are welcome. ThanksBlindlikeme

You guys would have a good time playing Dungeon Seige III and can replay with the different charcters. The couch co-op on this game is pretty great.

I would allso suggest Tales of the Abyss (PS2), Tales of Vesperia (360), and Eternal Sonata (360). These jRPGs are single player like Final Fantasy, except the battles are more real time and allow more than one layer to participate. I have a great time playing these games through all the way with someone else since they can participate in the battles. Their replay value may not be as great, but I think this is a nice way to go.

Also would reccoment X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends II, and if you really like those then probably Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Marvel Ulitmate Alliance 2.

aznfunnyjunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527 aznfunnyjunker
Member since 2011 • 204 Posts

I have a choice between two DLCs- RDR's Undead Nightmare or AC:B's Da Vinci Disappearance? Both $10 on PSN. Which offers more for its value?

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 turtlethetaffer

I have a choice between two DLCs- RDR's Undead Nightmare or AC:B's Da Vinci Disappearance? Both $10 on PSN. Which offers more for its value?

aznfunnyjunker

from what I understand, Undead Nightmare offers alot more in terms of bang for your buck. I have played it and it was very fun, although post game there isn't a ton to do when you're waiting for zombie attacks.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 KeredsBlaze
Me and my girlfriend are a little bored of our game collection and need some recommendations. What we're looking for is really a few games with good replay value and preferably co op too. (NOT ONLINE). By replay value I mean with various endings, new weapons after each play through, different ways to play (eg, different classes to choose) and sorts. Some examples being: Parasite Eve 2 MGS Resident Evil Silent Hill Fable Series Final Fantasy.. We already have all these and yes we know most are single player but they are just some suggestions. What we don't want are games that the replay is purely online play. Nor do we want sports games. I don't care for Oblivion, I have it on pc and got very bored very quickly, however I do like RPGs in general. Just Oblivion bored me. We don't mind FPS but don't suggest COD or BF2 cause the replay really is only online. We have PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 so all game suggestions are welcome. ThanksBlindlikeme
Have you played Lost Odyssey?

aznfunnyjunker
both are pretty good, but if I had to pick one, I would say go with RDR Undead Nightmare
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 KeredsBlaze
Dragon age origins or original mass effect?carteyes
Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of those imo
I want to get either Killzone 2 or Bioshock. Please help me decide which one.Weenski
Bioshock, bc it is a classic, a unique game experience
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
I need an action game for PC that has lots of reply value (single player only). By reply value I mean it gives you reasons to play again such as new game pluses, multiple endings, different ways to beat the game and etc. I already have Half-Life 1 and 2, F.E.A.R. 1 and its first expansion. I like hack and slashers of the Ninja Gaiden and Devil may Cry variety, but not Diablo games (action RPGs are usually mutliplayer focused anyway and I'm looking for a single player game.) OS: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5670 RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3
JustlyHero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 JustlyHero3

I am also looking for a post-apoptolyptic game. I want one that kind of uses RPG elements. Even if it's a small amout of RPG. Don't list the games below.

Fallout series

Rage

Left 4 Dead series

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 turtlethetaffer

I am also looking for a post-apoptolyptic game. I want one that kind of uses RPG elements. Even if it's a small amout of RPG. Don't list the games below.

Fallout series

Rage

Left 4 Dead series

JustlyHero3

I have no idea aside from those games. If you have a PC, perhaps try the STALKER games? Haven't played them but heard great things about them, and I've heard that Shadow of Chernobyl is amazing. Also, the upcoming Dead Island also looks very good.

djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#534 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

[QUOTE="JustlyHero3"]

Fallout series

Rage

Left 4 Dead series

turtlethetaffer

I have no idea aside from those games. If you have a PC, perhaps try the STALKER games? Haven't played them but heard great things about them, and I've heard that Shadow of Chernobyl is amazing. Also, the upcoming Dead Island also looks very good.

Also, Borderlands.

killspree27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 killspree27
Im looking for An Rpg game with good action heaps of descion making and good replay ability
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

superbeast101 asks: Does anyone know of a creepy game for PC, I have played the dead spaces the fears and bioshocks. If they are new that is preferable but not a must.

I'd suggest Amnesia, Penumbra, The Void, and if you don't mind a somewhat older game (still an absolute cIassic), the PC version of Silent Hill 2.

YouVandal3 asks: Ok... I have heard FOREVER about these Yakuza games... I looked at one at the store today and seems cool. Im not one whos into those anime like games which is what i kinda anticipated it to be but from the looks its not at all!

I really like all types of genres like adventure FPS Horror survival puzzle and what not, is Yakuza 3 any good??? And what about Yakuza 4???

Would it be ok to play 4 before 3???

what kind of game is this exactly that i might be getting myself into??

Yakuza's sort of like a beat-em-up with lite RPG elements. Pretty much any Yakuza game after the first one is good. The combat isn't quite as deep as God Hand, but there's interactive enrivonments you can use in combat. Bicycles, pilons, railings... I remember Yakuza 2 also having PLYERS as a weapon, and its 'special move' was PUTTING AN ENEMY IN A CHOKE-HOLD AND YANKING OUT ONE OF THEIR TEETH. Overall, picture The Warriors but without random mugging/ radio-stealing/ robbing, a bit more depth to the combat, and a strong sense of compelling storytelling.

Fallout series

Rage

Left 4 Dead series

JustlyHero3

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. The lip-synch animations are a little buggy but it's still incredibly immersive, and there's a ton of mods, even though vanilla is fine.

XxshadowgamerxX

I'd recommend Aria of Sorrow for GBA, and Dawn of Sorrow for DS. Dawn of Sorrow's main mode is kind of... embarrassing, in terms of story/characters/etc, though if you get the "bad end" you unlock Julius Mode which is awesome. (You play as Julius/Alucard/Yoko, Castlevania 3 styIe) I'd also suggest beating Portrait of Ruin on Richter mode if you have not done so already.

Hey i need some games for Wii worth buying.. i dont care about genre ive played every kind of genre there is and i love them...mostly. PLEASE NO GAMES THAT ARE COMPILED OF A BUNCH OF MINI-GAMES Example: Carnival games for wiiShadowsGameTime

Blast Works
Castle of Shikigami III
de Blob
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
The House of the Dead: Overkill
Ivy the Kiwi?
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Lost in Shadow
MadWorld
Metroid Prime: Trilogy
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
No More Heroes
Red Steel 2
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

My #1 favorite Wii game would have to be Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. I paid $50 for it on release, and have replayed it at least 10-12 times now. Hardcore and satisfying, especially on hard mode. At the current price of $20, there's no reason to not own this game, unless you don't dig a cIassic hard-but-fair challenge.

Sorry. I would have posted all quotes in QUOTE tags but the first two kept glitching on me despite being perfectly enclosed in tags. What a horrible, broken tagging system these forums have...

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 KeredsBlaze
Im looking for An Rpg game with good action heaps of descion making and good replay abilitykillspree27
well what have you played, bc without any info, I would tell you Mass Effect series or Dragon Age Origins ------------On a side note, does anyone know any good party games for the Wii besides Wii sports or sports resort??
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#540 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Im looking for An Rpg game with good action heaps of descion making and good replay abilitykillspree27
Lord of the Rings: War in the North will have tons of action and replay ability, considering that you can play 1-3 player co-op

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 Calvin079

[QUOTE="killspree27"]Im looking for An Rpg game with good action heaps of descion making and good replay abilityKeredsBlaze
well what have you played, bc without any info, I would tell you Mass Effect series or Dragon Age Origins ------------On a side note, does anyone know any good party games for the Wii besides Wii sports or sports resort??

Brawl, Mario Kart, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party (if it is on the Wii)

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 pills4louis

[QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"][QUOTE="killspree27"]Im looking for An Rpg game with good action heaps of descion making and good replay abilityCalvin079

Also, Bomberman Land.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 Calvin079

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

[QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"] well what have you played, bc without any info, I would tell you Mass Effect series or Dragon Age Origins ------------On a side note, does anyone know any good party games for the Wii besides Wii sports or sports resort??pills4louis

Also, Bomberman Land.

Oh yes. forgot about Bomberman.

gymophett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 gymophett
Member since 2010 • 156 Posts

Ok well I own literally around 70 RPGS for the PS2 and have only played around 12 of them. I just finished XIII on the 360 and I dare say I loved it.
But I have no clue which game to play next? I have a couple of more RPGs on the 360 (The Last Remnant, and Infinite Undiscovery)
I don't only have to play RPGs, it really doesn't matter. But I love games with a good story. I haven't played any Tales games and I own Legendia and Abyss on PS2.
I just need suggestions on what to play. Thanks.:)

Edit: Maybe even the Silent Hill games? I have all of those, too. I'm pretty stocked on my PS2.

Also never played Assassins Creed. But I'd like to stick to some games I already have considering I am about to buy a PS3 and need to save.

JustlyHero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 JustlyHero3

Do you gus know any good RPG shooters? I want a game like borderlands or fallout. But don't say those. Also, don't say Mass Effect. Thanks!

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 turtlethetaffer

the Knights of the Old Republic games are great.

ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547 ianpwilliams

The Knights of the Old Republic games are absolutely fantastic. I've played through those games more times than any other.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 turtlethetaffer

The Knights of the Old Republic games are absolutely fantastic. I've played through those games more times than any other.

ianpwilliams

I played through the second one at least 6 times... awesome.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 pills4louis

[QUOTE="73X"]

Hello all,

I'll be buying a DSi later this week and I'd like help picking one of the following RPGs to break it in with: Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, or Final Fantasy IV. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

KeredsBlaze

Chrono Trigger for sure

This. Either CT or FF4. Don't go for TWEWY unless you've played every other JRPG on the DS and wouldn't be opposed to feeling the same kind of buyer's remorse that one would feel after paying to see each M Night Shyamalan movie after Unbreakable.