ok I'm bored what to play ? READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

well I'm bored lately and want to play an action-adventure or something similar in gameplay but I dont know what to play. I like to play a game like Shadow of the Colossus and Castlevania. A game with good musics like these games fast or slow it doesnt matter as long as its good. here are the games I own, so dont post these games again and again.

Shadow of the Colossus - beat 2 times already, amazing game, beautiful soundtrack

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition - beat 2 times already, amazing gameplay, fast and fun

DMC1,2 - beat those and skipped to new games

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - good story, fun gameplay, beautiful soundtrack, nice ending but so short like 6-8 hours with %100

Prince of Persia 1-2-3 - beat those, nice gameplay, good story, good ending

ICO - beat it, very good, exceptional game

GoW 1-2 - beat 1, 2 is broken ? or I forgot what happened, so skip it please.

Soul Reaver 1-2-3 - beat it all, fantastic story, amazing characters and voice acting, great games.

Onimusha 1-2-3-4 - beat 1-2-3, 4 should wait alittle so no recommendations please.

Tenchu 1-2-3-Fatal Shadows - beat it all, one of the best series imo.

Marc Ecko's Getting Up ....... - its fun at start but boring in short time

Tomb Raider 1-2-3-4-others - beat the first 4, chronicles, aod was bad and I dont want to play Anniversary yet.

please dont recommend these games and I expect games' environment to be good. I like swords or other old time weapons, I think thats the reason I dont want to play TR right now.

Edit - sorry I forgot this is legacy platforms not only PS2, game you recommend should be on PS2, thanks in advance

Edit 2 - no Role Playing Games please, even the gameplay is similar, ie. Action RPG

titanic5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 titanic5445
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
You might like Soul Reaver 2.
haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts
Beyond Good & Evil...
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheLegendKnight

You might like Soul Reaver 2.titanic5445

thank you but I played them all ( sorry I forgot to write them. )

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
dark cloud 2 is very deep and fun, it will keep you busy for a long time
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheLegendKnight
Beyond Good & Evil...haterex
hmm thanks, I'll try that game when I get my hands on it.
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheLegendKnight

dark cloud 2 is very deep and fun, it will keep you busy for a long timeyentar480

well, even its similar to action adventure Dark Cloud 2 is still a RPG ( I own it but far from the end). I'm not in a mood to play a RPG. I'm like wanting a short and sweet adventure right now. so RPGs are out of question, for now.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="haterex"]Beyond Good & Evil...TheLegendKnight
hmm thanks, I'll try that game when I get my hands on it.

Definitely a great game. More focused on story and puzzles than actual combat, but the combat is well-done, I think.

Zagrius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Zagrius
Member since 2002 • 3820 Posts

You can try these two freeware games:

Cave Story

La-Mulana

I think that Cave Story is closer to what you're looking for, but La-Mulana is great if you don't mind a challenge (and quite a challenge at that, you'll understand what I'm talking about when you try to deal with the birds you find just right of the screen you start in.).

Dion2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dion2k7
Member since 2007 • 1353 Posts
the hitman games or max payne games are great.
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheLegendKnight

You can try these two freeware games:

Cave Story

La-Mulana

I think that Cave Story is closer to what you're looking for, but La-Mulana is great if you don't mind a challenge (and quite a challenge at that, you'll understand what I'm talking about when you try to deal with the birds you find just right of the screen you start in.).

Zagrius

though I'm interested in PS2 games only these games are interesting and freeware ? more interesting. and that cave story works even on PSP, you want a proof ? check Wiki, it doesnt lie, does it ? and its less than 1mb, 0.99mb lol

and if La-Mulana is extremely hard how its fun, another Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins ? ( PSP ), rate it between 1 and 10.

well, while writing this post I downloaded Cave Story and played it abit. Though its ugly, I'll try it seriously later, it looks like a good game.

and I'm downloaded La-Mulana 6-1mb right now too. it says MSX game and Kobami ? well, I'll try this one seriously later again.

thanks for the games even they are not PS2 games but obviously short fun games to fill some spaces.

TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheLegendKnight

the hitman games or max payne games are great.Dion2k7

sorry but I dont like those. imo, Max Payne is just linear shooter and Hitman is broken.

Zagrius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Zagrius
Member since 2002 • 3820 Posts

Well, in terms of enjoyment I'd put La-Mulana at a 7 or 8, though I really like those oldie classic games (like Metroid, Castlevania for the S/NES). La-Mulana is a homage to this console that was popular in Japan quite a while ago (the MSX), and Kobami is of course a play on Konami.

But if you somehow manage to find the Hell Temple (a super-secret area in the game) then the enjoyment factor immediately drops to 1. That area is broken on purpose. The area is an ode to the developers' hate for the player I think.

haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 haterex

Kya: Dark Lineage...

Edit...In Kya: Dark Lineage for weapons you use a boomerang(thats in her hair) and her fists...

Even tho I haven't played any of the games I think the Onimusha games are action adventure games...(Read the text in bold)...

haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 haterex

Another good Action Adventure game is Legend Of Kay but be warned the voice acting sucks...If you get this game you would be better off turning the voice acting off and have the whole game run on the subtitles...

Edit...In Legend Of Kay...the weapons you will be using is hammer, sword and claws...

JOJO_AC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 JOJO_AC
Member since 2008 • 233 Posts

You might wanna try Resident Evil 4, it doesnt have the anoying fixed camera angles as the previous games and it's more action based than puzzle solving. There's also God Hand if you're looking for a challenge.

TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheLegendKnight

thanks for recommendations. Kya: Dark Lineage and Legend of Kay both look like platformers but I might try Kya: Dark Lineage. I saw Legend of Kay videos and didnt like it much.

I beat Onimusha 1-2-3 and played 4 but I didnt think them as similar to games I look for, but I'll edit the main post.

about God Hand, its not action adventure, its beat-em up, but its good and beat it already.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Tenchu 3, Shadow of Rome
ihatefamilyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 ihatefamilyguy
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

[QUOTE="Dion2k7"]the hitman games or max payne games are great.TheLegendKnight

sorry but I dont like those. imo, Max Payne is just linear shooter and Hitman is broken.

haven't tried Max Payne. Hit Man 2 was crap
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheLegendKnight

RE4 is shooter - beat it twice

MGS3 has its own genre "Tacticial Espionage Action" and I already memorized it lol

I'll add Tenchu to the main post too, I beat them all

but Shadow of Rome looks interesting, I want to try it. I hope its not like Spartan Total Warrior which was a failure.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
I forgot Onimusha series
amozarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#22 amozarte
Member since 2008 • 1536 Posts

I was *going* to say the early Tenchu games and the Metal Gear solid games, but by the time I posted you had entered an update ruling those out too.

Have you played Odin Sphere? Is that too much RPG?

How about Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It's got the hack n slash action/adventure motif. I don't know that I'd put it up for lots of awards, but you seem to have covered the major headliners already.

I don't know, my friend, you've got an awfully narrow filter there between all the games you've already mastered and wanting only a very specific genre, only PS2. If you're still bored I would highly recommend looking at another system.

amozarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#23 amozarte
Member since 2008 • 1536 Posts

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows

Definitely not Game of the Year material, but it is fairly short, action-based, and involves swords. There's a little bit of character customisation in it, but it's not an RPG at all. Only took a few hours to play through.

ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts
since you liked Castlevania Lament of Innocence, why dont you try Castlevania Curse of Darkness
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

since you liked Castlevania Lament of Innocence, why dont you try Castlevania Curse of Darkness ali_kerem

Or if you're lucky enough to come by it, I'd suggest Symphony of the Night. In my opinion, I think that's the best Castlevania game made.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muthsera666

[QUOTE="Dion2k7"]the hitman games or max payne games are great.TheLegendKnight

Max Payne may have just been a linear shooter, but it was a whole lot of fun. Pretty much most shooters are linear...

I don't know if Hitman is broken or it just requires patience and study of movements. Kind of like what a real hitman might do...

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 muthsera666

since you liked Castlevania Lament of Innocence, why dont you try Castlevania Curse of Darkness ali_kerem

Curse of Darkness is pretty good, I agree.

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

Check out Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Its an action/adventure game where you spend part of your time as the Sphinx (Sphinx is a lot like Zelda = exploring/fighting) and spend part of the time as the Mummy (the Mummy focuses on puzzle solving and sneaking)

Also, I'll second Kya Dark Lineage. It is a platformer, but it has some interesting gameplay. Kya does have to beat up the wolves so she has a few special moves. She also does some sneaking.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 muthsera666

Check out Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Its an action/adventure game where you spend part of your time as the Sphinx (Sphinx is a lot like Zelda = exploring/fighting) and spend part of the time as the Mummy (the Mummy focuses on puzzle solving and sneaking)

Also, I'll second Kya Dark Lineage. It is a platformer, but it has some interesting gameplay. Kya does have to beat up the wolves so she has a few special moves. She also does some sneaking.

Solori

I haven't seen the Sphinx game for a long time. It's on my list to pick up when I see it again...

TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheLegendKnight

I was *going* to say the early Tenchu games and the Metal Gear solid games, but by the time I posted you had entered an update ruling those out too.

Have you played Odin Sphere? Is that too much RPG?

How about Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It's got the hack n slash action/adventure motif. I don't know that I'd put it up for lots of awards, but you seem to have covered the major headliners already.

I don't know, my friend, you've got an awfully narrow filter there between all the games you've already mastered and wanting only a very specific genre, only PS2. If you're still bored I would highly recommend looking at another system.

amozarte

well thats for finding the games I missed : )

I like Odin Sphere but I'm not in the mood for it. I play RPGs when I have alot of time.

I beat LotR: TRoK its good in both single and co-op, thanks anyway

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows

Definitely not Game of the Year material, but it is fairly short, action-based, and involves swords. There's a little bit of character customisation in it, but it's not an RPG at all. Only took a few hours to play through.

amozarte

I'll definitely look for this game, it seems like good recommendation for me, thanks

[QUOTE="ali_kerem"]since you liked Castlevania Lament of Innocence, why dont you try Castlevania Curse of Darkness jalexbrown

Or if you're lucky enough to come by it, I'd suggest Symphony of the Night. In my opinion, I think that's the best Castlevania game made.

I beat Castlevania SotN, Aria of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon, they all were great and I'll try Curse of Darkness, thanks

[QUOTE="TheLegendKnight"]

[QUOTE="Dion2k7"]the hitman games or max payne games are great.muthsera666

Max Payne may have just been a linear shooter, but it was a whole lot of fun. Pretty much most shooters are linear...

I don't know if Hitman is broken or it just requires patience and study of movements. Kind of like what a real hitman might do...

well I beat Max Payne, but I dont find it a recommendation game

Hitman is broken because it has so many flaws, so many that even I cant bear which I close one eye to flaws if a game is good.

Solori

well I'll try Kya but I dont like so much colorful games much, I only liked Jak in this kind of games. I like dark themes or refreshing style ( ie. castlevania is dark, ico-sotc is refreshing )

I'll check Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy too, thanks.

thank you all for your recommendations, now I have to find these games lol. I'm in a mood like a game finishing spree, I want short and sweet games. its like journey to different places, so I'm doing a world tour.