mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I don't even bother with her anymore, because the majority of her information is biased and flawed. She even once said she doesn't play too many video games, which make her claims a little unfocused. That being said, the internet's knee-jerk reaction to what she has to say is a little annoying. We know there are strong female characters who are so much more than window dressing, and we're letting one woman get us in a tizzy over it? That's a little ridiculous.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#3  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@mastermetal777: Actually, she's not a gamer at all as she claimed to be. So she already lied within 30 seconds of her first video. She also has a lot issues with facts and just plain logic. Just in this video she takes up the subject that if women are killed in open world games like GTA V and they get busted or killed. They just revive making it not a big deal. Then what about if you kill regular men and women on the sidewalk? That's alright, right? Clear logic fail. That games also let the player kill women is stupid. Because that's not your objective in the game and everyone can be killed in Hitman Absolution. There's one scene in a dancing club where you can go backstage, but everyone can be killed or beaten in that scene. She fails to mention that.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, a thing i dont get Ride

Anita Sarkasme is such a huge hole who never says anything anyone with 2 seconds of common sense and brain would even consider to be intelligent.

So why do you link to her video and provide her with free publicity ?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4232 Posts

Yo know, whenever I went to public school, especially high school and college, we were always taught to get to the point. So she's ranting about how women are being characterized and objectified as things they shouldn't be.

K what's the point? Anytime you want to say something, you have to have a conclusion, a point. This is just rambling on and on for 31 minutes.

Does she not realize video games have become a mass medium, like Television or Radio? I'm not sure I follow what she's trying to get at except "video games are bad for you please get away from them as much as possible" combined with "oh because there are games that objectify women in a bad way"

She needs to have a more concise point.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@mastermetal777: 'cause the gaming "community" is full of beardmad and butthurt.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I didn't hate her video. But it's obviously very biased, and half of the gameplay she showed could easily have involved killing male npcs and not female.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

You sure do like giving attention to this person you think is seeking attention.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Watched one video with her saying both Bowser and Mario were fighting to own Peach as a possession. Mario is saving her, not trying to possess her. The woman is a twit.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, a thing i dont get Ride

Anita Sarkasme is such a huge hole who never says anything anyone with 2 seconds of common sense and brain would even consider to be intelligent.

So why do you link to her video and provide her with free publicity ?

Because we should be discussing this

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I guess she must be short on cash. Lumberjack shirts are expensive.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Who the hell is she? and why isn't she in the kitchen making sandwiches?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

And?

She has her opinions and views, And I have mine.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69596 Posts

Stop feeding the troll. She is the opposite of being helpful to the "cause" and all of her videos do not facilitate comments so allowing only for her skewed perspective to be heard. And why link the video.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#16  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Well I'm not watching that. I think it's already pretty clear that the industry is male dominated but no one is ever going to do a thing about it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@Pedro said:

Stop feeding the troll. She is the opposite of being helpful to the "cause" and all of her videos do not facilitate comments so allowing only for her skewed perspective to be heard. And why link the video.

Because if i am making a statement, you would probably want the source

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

The sad part is most of the issues are real and need to be discussed. But I want to hear about them and possible solutions from people in the industry ( such as when the indian guy , I forget his name, from bioware gave a speech on the need for diversity and the problems and possible solutions, and no one had an issue with it ) not somebody who is self described as NOT a gamer, and raises tons of money that does not seem to be put into any kinds of research, who has no ideas on solutions just pretty much is blasting a community they are not part of to make money for "research" they are not doing.

She makes the situation worse because some of these issues are real, but everyone is so mad at her that any actual good discussion on the issue gets drowned out. That's why I do not like her.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pedro said:

Because if i am making a statement, you would probably want the source

Point taken.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pedro

@mattykovax said:

The sad part is most of the issues are real and need to be discussed. But I want to hear about them and possible solutions from people in the industry ( such as when the indian guy , I forget his name, from bioware gave a speech on the need for diversity and the problems and possible solutions, and no one had an issue with it ) not somebody who is self described as NOT a gamer, and raises tons of money that does not seem to be put into any kinds of research, who has no ideas on solutions just pretty much is blasting a community they are not part of to make money for "research" they are not doing.

She makes the situation worse because some of these issues are real, but everyone is so mad at her that any actual good discussion on the issue gets drowned out. That's why I do not like her.

Agreed she is more harmful than beneficial.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

Aisha Tyler's comments on NPR were more productive to the discussion. At least she acknowledged what accomplishments had been made in the industry that games were diverse before. And said it was a matter of studio and tech industry demographics. ( not to mention executive control ) but there you go.

People'll make what they want to play.

Anita's just this decades' Jack Thompson

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Because we should be discussing this

Discussing what? That the gaming industry needs more female game developers if the general female population wants to see more female-centric games?

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xxninja666xx
Member since 2011 • 737 Posts

Thank you, good sir, for this video. It was... entertaining, to say it gently, how she was talking such biased, illogical bullshit with such seriousness on her face. You made my day.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Last_Ride

@xxninja666xx said:

Thank you, good sir, for this video. It was... entertaining, to say it gently, how she was talking such biased, illogical bullshit with such seriousness on her face. You made my day.

I thought someone might get a good laugh :3

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@Pedro: I just can't say "hey! Half Life 3 announced and post no sources and the entire thread was made on the video.

Personally i don't like that women at all, she also won an award at a gaming event for "gaming ambassador". Now that is ironic

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jacanuk

@mattykovax said:

The Issues are not real because there is and never have been any issues with male bias or any other group bias.

Try to take a look at video games in the last 30 years and you will see countless female leads, countless non-caucasian leads and females in all shapes and sizes. The whole idea comes from America and its liberal feminist movement who uses the fact that the majority of gamers are male and therefore of course will have a fair amount of games targeted towards them.

Its actually a very mind numbingly dumb concept that men and women should be absolute equal when nature has made us different, and its a sign that people are simply to dumb to figure out what is important and what's not important, and if you look at things, equal pay for equal work, thats important, avoiding/fighting female discrimination in the workplace is important, having more females in gaming is not because there is already plenty of female leads, plenty of female characters and plenty of females working in the industry itself, those who want to work can get work if they are talented enough.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk: Speak the truth brother! Let the heavens descend and hear your words :3

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Who is she?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Why does it matter if she's at it again? Let her speak; it's not hurting anyone to share ideas with others...

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

Anita is just making videos of cherry picking things to suit her own bias.

I could do the same thing with video games to make an argument that video games are bias against the majority of males.

That they make it seem like most males are bodybuilders and that they are just meat shields to blow up and torture.

Really that is all Anita's videos are.

She just looks for what she wants to see and ignores the rest.

And she ignores the point that these are video games which are for entertainment and not some propaganda tool.

The main problem is not that a lot of female characters in games are poorly written and two dimensional sexual objects.

Most characters in video games whether it be male or female are poorly written and two dimensional sex objects.

The main problem is lazy writers who pick from overused stereotypes.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@behardy24 said:

Who is she?

She's basicly criticizing games to suit her agenda. She's infamous for gamers as a whole because she is not a gamer even though she claimed to be. She also lacks logic and facts in most of her video's

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@behardy24 said:

Who is she?

She is a nobody american feminist who for some strange reason have become kinda semi-known for her youtube videos and her fake kickstarter campaigns and her idea that she can steal other peoples work without giving credit or paying for it.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#33 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@Jacanuk:

That's my point. we disagree, and probably will continue to. And no I am not going to go on about how I disagree because that was not the point of the. thread. To me the point is right or wrong, me and you can both hold those differing opinions as valid thoughts in the video game community because we are both gamers, hell that's why we are on this site talking. She is not part of this community she needs to shut up. I would feel the same way if it was an outsider that had opinions just like mine since I do not agree with a lot of what she says, or someone who had the same opinions as you. These are issues that are things for our community to worry about not other people.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@behardy24 said:

Who is she?

She is a nobody american feminist who for some strange reason have become kinda semi-known for her youtube videos and her fake kickstarter campaigns and her idea that she can steal other peoples work without giving credit or paying for it.

oooo! Totally forgot about that!

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Minishdriveby

The irony spouted in feminist threads, too good.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PannicAtack
@behardy24 said:

Who is she?

Someone who would fade into obscurity if butthurt gamers would shut up about her.

The reason her project got as much support as it did was entirely because people sent her death threats over it. Because the best way to prove that there isn't a problem with sexism in the gaming world is to send rape threats to people who say that there's a problem with sexism in the gaming world.

If the gaming community at large had simply ignored her when she pitched her Kickstarter campaign, it would've been a fart in the wind. But nope. They started a massive bitchfit, with many going on a harassment campaign. And thus that drummed up loads of support and money for the kickstarter.

Of course, nobody learned anything from this. See for example some of the more popular videos against her being posted by TheAmazingAtheist (an individual who once told a rape victim "They should give your rapist a fucking medal") and Thunderf00t (an individual who hacked the email list of a group that objected to him acting like a convention having an anti-sexual harassment policy was a dumb idea). Class acts.

I'd actually be on the anti-Sarkeesian bandwagon were it not for the fact that said wagon is loaded with scum.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Women across the world choose what they do, some like to be high powered lawyers or judges, some like to be bussiness women, some like to just get on with life, some don't want to struggle and choose to work in the sex industry, some kill people, some don't kill people, some like to become models and get paid for their looks, sex sells, from both sides, why show stuff from back when video games first started coming out, we was a very sexist group back then, things changed, men and women alike changed,

And in motory sport or alot of sports, women dance around or parade in real life, so why is she focusing on video games, all there doing is showing real life, "see how the camera zooms in and picks certain parts of women body types they believe are the most attractive" well I have news for you, THEY ARE THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PARTS!!!" end of the day a physical attraction is the first thing that hits us as human beings, it's in our DNA, it cannot be helped, what's wrong with showing off woman's bodies, if you've got it you might aswell show it.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@PannicAtack said:
@behardy24 said:

Who is she?

Someone who would fade into obscurity if butthurt gamers would shut up about her.

The reason her project got as much support as it did was entirely because people sent her death threats over it. Because the best way to prove that there isn't a problem with sexism in the gaming world is to send rape threats to people who say that there's a problem with sexism in the gaming world.

If the gaming community at large had simply ignored her when she pitched her Kickstarter campaign, it would've been a fart in the wind. But nope. They started a massive bitchfit, with many going on a harassment campaign. And thus that drummed up loads of support and money for the kickstarter.

Of course, nobody learned anything from this. See for example some of the more popular videos against her being posted by TheAmazingAtheist (an individual who once told a rape victim "They should give your rapist a fucking medal") and Thunderf00t (an individual who hacked the email list of a group that objected to him acting like a convention having an anti-sexual harassment policy was a dumb idea). Class acts.

I'd actually be on the anti-Sarkeesian bandwagon were it not for the fact that said wagon is loaded with scum.

What was the context to TheAmazingAtheist when he made that comment?

Context is very important.

I do know that Thunderf00t made the argument that the anti-sexual harassment policy that the group wanted was idiotic which I kind of agreed with when I saw what rules they wanted to enforce.

I also agreed with Thunderf00t that the feminist movement was derailing the atheist movement.

I really wish people would ignore Anita since she is just a shill.

I think people like Anita should be dropped into the middle east to see what it's like when women are really mistreated then maybe they could turn their attention to places where gender equality really needs helps.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PannicAtack

@RyviusARC: The "context" was that TheUnfunnyDouchebag was arguing with some feminists on Reddit. Please explain what context makes this comment acceptable:

"Yeah. Well, you deserved it. So, **** you. I hope it happens again soon. I'm tired of being treated like shit by you mean little cunts and then you using your rape as an excuse. **** you. I think we should give the guy who raped you a medal. I hope you fucking drown in rape semen, you ugly, mean-spirited cow. Actually, I don't believe you were ever raped! What man would be tasteless enough to stick his dick into a human cesspool like you? Nice gif of a turd going into my mouth. Is that kind of like the way that rapists dick went in your pussy? Or did he use your asshole? Or was it both? Maybe you should think about it really hard for the next few hours. Relive it as much as possible. You know? Try to recall: was it my pussy or my ass?"

I'm sure this was totally justified in context.

And how about how Thunderf00t, when people decided they didn't want to put up with him ("Feminism is trivial! We shouldn't talk about it! That's why I'll devote hours to making and posting videos talking about how it isn't important! Because I'm totally the arbiter on what is and isn't trivial! My fans on Youtube told me so!") responded by hacking their email list and selling their contact information? Totes ethical, yo.

Oh yeah, and the whole "Durr, it's worse in other parts of the world so we don't need to worry about anything here" deflection really doesn't fly.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Minishdriveby

@RyviusARC said:

@PannicAtack said:
@behardy24 said:

Who is she?

What was the context to TheAmazingAtheist when he made that comment?

Context is very important.

What the ****... did you think about that before you typed it... please enlighten me how context would ever matter when you're telling a person that their rapist should win a medal. Over the past few days this site has really disturbed me by the amount of people willing to support and endorse such comments. No wonder there are people like Anita Sarkeesian out there. You're justification for their cause.

LiquidButter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LiquidButter
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

@Minishdriveby: He also apologized for the comment. The woman he told it to was pushing his buttons and provoking him. He said horrible shit, so did she. He's the internet famous celebrity though, so his end of that argument was the only part that anyone ever mentions. Not to excuse him, but he actually did apologize when he calmed down and realized how poorly he behaved.

As for the topic at hand... Anita isn't a gamer. It's widely known she admits it privately to her feminist colleges and was caught on film doing it. She lies about it to the media and the public because the web series gets her more attention that when she used to report about the same thing in films. She will just use any platform she can to spread her feminist ideology, even if she has no interest in the subject she's talking about. Which she often doesn't and barely is able to pretend to. I'm not even going to click the play button or video that youtube page. She's not worth the click.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Minishdriveby: uhm they haven't said that mate. You're completely turning the words. Also someone like MrRepzion, thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist have taken here apart with logic and facts

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Minishdriveby

@liquidbutter said:

@Minishdriveby: He also apologized for the comment. The woman he told it to was pushing his buttons and provoking him. He said horrible shit, so did she. He's the internet famous celebrity though, so his end of that argument was the only part that anyone ever mentions. Not to excuse him, but he actually did apologize when he calmed down and realized how poorly he behaved.

As for the topic at hand... Anita isn't a gamer. It's widely known she admits it privately to her feminist colleges and was caught on film doing it. She lies about it to the media and the public because the web series gets her more attention that when she used to report about the same thing in films. She will just use any platform she can to spread her feminist ideology, even if she has no interest in the subject she's talking about. Which she often doesn't and barely is able to pretend to. I'm not even going to click the play button or video that youtube page. She's not worth the click.

Does it matter if she doesn't personally think of herself as a "gamer"? She's clearly done research on the topic as evidence for her case and is recognized in the development community as someone with a notable cause (she was given an Ambassador Award at GDC). Whether you agree with her argument in the video or not, which right now you're forming blindly having not watched the video, it doesn't mean she should be limited or lambasted for expressing her belief based on anything other than her argument she presented. Almost all the comments have been about her and not the message; no one is discussing the content in the video, possibly because few watched it.

It should be noted that I'm not saying I agree with all of her message -- I think she made a good point and then got carried away with it in the second half of the video -- but the fact that almost everybody would rather dismiss and shit on her personally is somewhat troubling.

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Minishdriveby: uhm they haven't said that mate. You're completely turning the words. Also someone like MrRepzion, thunderf00t and Amazing Atheist have taken here apart with logic and facts

I quoted him. He said context would matter for a statement like "They should give your rapist a fucking medal." I don't think I'm turning words.

LiquidButter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LiquidButter
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

@Minishdriveby: You really shouldn't watch the video. She is only using the series to further her agenda. She is using gaming and gamers as pawns to gain a wider audience for her agenda to spread through. She should be shamed for these things. It's cowardly and deceptive. Don't reward it by taking the agenda seriously.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PannicAtack

@liquidbutter said:

@Minishdriveby: He also apologized for the comment.

He gave a self-serving, insincere mea culpa after he realized he was losing as part of a half-assed form of damage control. It means nothing. He's still a scumtard.

Funny how people lambast Sarkeesian for being a sleazy scam artist and then defend TAA, who has been scamming his viewers out of their money for years.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Last_Ride

@Minishdriveby: I've been following TJ for a while, i don't think that's the way he said it. Give me the link to the video and i'll believe you

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk

@Minishdriveby said:

@liquidbutter said:

Does it matter if she doesn't personally think of herself as a "gamer"? She's clearly done research on the topic as evidence for her case and is recognized in the development community as someone with a notable cause (she was given an Ambassador Award at GDC). Whether you agree with her argument in the video or not, which right now you're forming blindly having not watched the video, it doesn't mean she should be limited or lambasted for expressing her belief based on anything other than her argument she presented. Almost all the comments have been about her and not the message; no one is discussing the content in the video, possibly because few watched it.

It should be noted that I'm not saying I agree with all of her message -- I think she made a good point and then got carried away with it in the second half of the video -- but the fact that almost everybody would rather dismiss and shit on her personally is somewhat troubling.

@The_Last_Ride said:

I quoted him. He said context would matter for a statement like "They should give your rapist a fucking medal." I don't think I'm turning words.

To the thing in bold, sorry but i have to do a LOL at the last bit.

lol research...

But of course it matters if the one coming with ideas to "improve" gaming isent even a gamer himself or have a clue on what really goes on in the gaming community. After all would you have a football manager who had zero experience in football? no then you have also again have the answer.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk: If she needs 100k to do "research" on gaming, then i would like to get that money aswell

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk: If she needs 100k to do "research" on gaming, then i would like to get that money aswell

lol ya same here

100k wouldn´t be a bad 30min wage :D