Official Sony E3 Thread. PS4 $399 399 Euro 349 Pounds. No DRM,Online Paywall

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#401 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

lol Just finished watching the Geoff Keighley and Jack Tretton interview. Geoff asked him to drop the mic and walk off the stage like a rapper and he actually threw it!

ibgylzets1IVIA.gif

:lol:

S0lidSnake
Wasn't it because it was tradition or something? :P
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#402 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

lol Just finished watching the Geoff Keighley and Jack Tretton interview. Geoff asked him to drop the mic and walk off the stage like a rapper and he actually threw it!

ibgylzets1IVIA.gif

:lol:

The Lonely Island's "Threw it on the ground!!!" playing in my head as I watch this. Funny stuff.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#403 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Heirren"]

Has there been an official list of launch games revealed? I've got the launch day console preordered and now I want to know which few games to get along with it.

Ish_basic

Knack, DriveClub and Killzone are all launch titles from Sony. So far Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Diablo 3, Battlefield 4, Fifa, Pro Evolution Soccer, NBA Live 14, Madden 25, UFC, Call of Duty Ghosts, Need for Speed Rivals are all i know are coming for it. Might be more

I would expect that anything you see offered in a launch bundle is a launch game. But we're not gonna get a launch list until we get a release date for the console.

That's true. But the main question is whether or not everyone who has pre-ordered a PS4 will actually get theirs on time or a few days after. It really comes down to the demands of the people and whether or not they want one.

As far as the games go, I'm disappointed that Diablo III isn't going to be one of the launch titles (yet), but I hope it is. Would love to try that out on the PS4 soon!

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#404 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
I lost all interest in Diablo 3 the second the game actually arrived. When it comes to consoles, I won't be on board.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#405 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

I haven't been this excited in years! XD

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#406 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

That's true. But the main question is whether or not everyone who has pre-ordered a PS4 will actually get theirs on time or a few days after. It really comes down to the demands of the people and whether or not they want one.

As far as the games go, I'm disappointed that Diablo III isn't going to be one of the launch titles (yet), but I hope it is. Would love to try that out on the PS4 soon!

Metamania

yeah, I know GS is still taking preorders through its site but no clue if they have any idea how many they will actually get from Sony by launch.

I tried getting into Diablo 3 a couple times. It's just so mindless.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

To those who preordered through Amazon, you should be getting a confirmation e-mail as to which you will be getting, Launch edition or stardard aka (screwed :P ) edition. 

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Nice IGN write-up of Knack. As I've said many times I think its important the the industry offer up a steady stream of games like Knack and Project Spark in order to keep kids interested in console gaming. Otherwise, there is a real danger the game industry could go the way of the comic book industry (think not only an aging, limited audience, but creative stagnation).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-dont-be-deceived-by-the-cuteness-of-ps4s-knack

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

Nice IGN write-up of Knack. As I've said many times I think its important the the industry offer up a steady stream of games like Knack and Project Spark in order to keep kids interested in console gaming. Otherwise, there is a real danger the game industry could go the way of the comic book industry (think not only an aging, limited audience, but creative stagnation).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-dont-be-deceived-by-the-cuteness-of-ps4s-knack

CarnageHeart

Agreed I'm just not crazy about the art style and collor pallete. In every shot I have seen of Knack, the color pallete looks very washed out and bland. Would have preferred something more colorful like Jack and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper. Ratchet looks better to me even if it's not going to be as technically impressive. 

ratchetandclank.jpg

Not that Spark was a looker  but it's more interesting from a gameplay perspective. Just disappointed in RARE not having anything to show in the platform/adventure area and Nintendo's new Mario doesn't get me excited either. Sonic TLW is leading the race right now. As much as I'm not crazy about how it will probably play, at least in terms of appeal, it's above and beyond these other ones.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

alexwatchtower

Agreed I'm just not crazy about the art style and collor pallete. In every shot I have seen of Knack, the color pallete looks very washed out and bland. Would have preferred something more colorful like Jack and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper. Ratchet looks better to me even if it's not going to be as technically impressive.

ratchetandclank.jpg

Not that Spark was a looker but it's more interesting from a gameplay perspective. Just disappointed in RARE not having anything to show in the platform/adventure area and Nintendo's new Mario doesn't get me excited either. Sonic TLW is leading the race right now. As much as I'm not crazy about how it will probably play, at least in terms of appeal, it's above and beyond these other ones.

Yeah, Knack hasn't blown me away visually but I like what I've seen of the game. With the Ratchet series dead the world needs another kid friendly action platfromer. I tend to enjoy games where the protagonist grows as he absorbs bits of the environment (Katamari Damancy and Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack spring to mind) so that what was once an insurmountable obstacle becomes a bite size morsel. Cerny mentioned in an interview how Knack climbs buildings when he is small but knocks them over Godzilla style when he is supersized.

As for Spark, I'm a big fan of user generated content, so I think it is very exciting given the power and flexibility of the tools. I recently wrote a long post about GS's stage demo of Spark in the Xbone thread.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

Yeah, Knack hasn't blown me away visually but I like what I've seen of the game. With the Ratchet series dead the world needs another kid friendly action platfromer. I tend to enjoy games where the protagonist grows as he absorbs bits of the environment (Katamari Damancy and Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack spring to mind) so that what was once an insurmountable obstacle becomes a bite size morsel. Cerny mentioned in an interview how Knack climbs buildings when he is small but knocks them over Godzilla style when he is supersized.

As for Spark, I'm a big fan of user generated content, so I think it is very exciting given the power and flexibility of the tools. I recently wrote a long post about GS's stage demo of Spark in the Xbone thread.

CarnageHeart

I played Katamari and though it was fun but it couldn't keep my interst long enough to advance. I get what you're saying though. And yeah I read your post. It sounds great. 

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6849 Posts

CarnageHeart

Some good points there.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 CarnageHeart

Here's a high-rez screenshot taken from the in-engine demo of The Order (insane level of detail). The lead developer hasn't said much about the game itself, but he has stated that it won't use upgraded models or FMV for cinemas so this will be what we get in-game. We know The Order mixes steampunk with werewolves, but I'm also hoping the Cthulu mythos is mixed in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587756

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 Ish_basic

Here's a high-rez screenshot taken from the in-engine demo of The Order (insane level of detail). The lead developer hasn't said much about the game itself, but he has stated that it won't use upgraded models or FMV for cinemas so this will be what we get in-game. We know The Order mixes steampunk with werewolves, but I'm also hoping the Cthulu mythos is mixed in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587756

CarnageHeart

get rid of the sideburns and he kinda reminds me of Michael Biehn as Johnny Ringo in Tombstone. That's some nice detail if they can make the gameplay look like that. Great skin texture.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
I watched the E3 on stage demo of The Evil Within and it looks like a winner. Scary as well yet thrilling.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 CarnageHeart

I watched the E3 on stage demo of The Evil Within and it looks like a winner. Scary as well yet thrilling.F1Lengend

Does it contain any interesting new details?

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 F1Lengend

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]

CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I watched the E3 on stage demo of The Evil Within and it looks like a winner. Scary as well yet thrilling.CarnageHeart

Probably nothing we didn't know. There are moments where they take the camera control away from you and use it to add suspense, even in the midst of intense gameplay scenerios.  Like a chainsaw guy was chasing the player running down a hallway, where it quickly cuts to show the guy chasing you and then reverts back.  I think it works well.  I had the volume low so didn't catch the entire interview.   

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I wasn't too interested in Knack, but I played it a bit yesterday and it was kinda fun in a throwback sort of way. They also have realtime reflections everywhere, which is pretty cool. From the looks of it I think they're voxelizing and cone-tracing to do the reflections.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#419 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I had no interest in the Infamous franchise, but 2nd Sun definitely caught my eye.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 CarnageHeart

The developer behind Dayz is interested in putting it on the PS4 once he gets the PC version squared away.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-13-dean-hall-in-talks-to-bring-dayz-standalone-to-ps4

When I asked Hall whether console manufacturers Sony and Microsoft had approached him about putting DayZ on an upcoming console he replied, "Yeah, we talked to both of them. But, as I'm sure you're aware, Sony lets you self-publish and they don't make you pay for updates. Microsoft requires you to have a publisher. They have no digital distribution strategy and they require you to pay $10,000, or whatever it is, for updates."

"What about Sony, then?" I asked.

"Oh, absolutely. We like them. I like what I saw on the PS4," Hall said. "I like what I saw on the Xbox in a lot of cases as well. I'm not s***ting on them. I'm kind of hopeful that Microsoft has just forgot to talk about its indie support. Maybe I'm being a bit naive."

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 Ish_basic

I know it's fashionable to hate Gamestop, but for those of you that still want to get on to the day 1 one launch, many gamestop stores have been authorized to take additional day 1 preorders as of thursday morning. Just found this out tonight at the TLoU midnight and nabbed myself one. Apparently they're authorized to take a lot more PS4 orders than X1 orders for some reason. Anyway, just a heads up for those of you like me that might have walked into a GS lately and found yourself too late.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 F1Lengend
Well, I just placed an order for 7 game preorders online. Thankfully the release dates are spread out so I won't get bombarded all at once on my Visa. Also, $40 a game! Wooo. I had to hold myself back from getting more, I wanted MGS5 but it wasn't on the list, and I re-framed from getting Mirrors Edge 2 and Knack. Poor Knack.
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#423 trodeback
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

Was really excited to see the price $100 cheaper than the Xbox. I ended up selling my 360 & kept the PS3 because of the better exclusives (IMO). I'm in line for a normal pre-order of the PS4. Happy to suport a gaming console that listens to it's gamers. 

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Its time for me to upgrade my TV, Thinking about getting a 4k TV but new tech is insanely pricey. I might have to wait until next summer when the prices are a bit more reasonable. Too many games coming out this fall getting on the way. 

Not surprised about GS taking more preorders for PS4 given MS' policy. Demand for PS4 is going to be damn high it seems. 

LAN7ERN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 LAN7ERN
Member since 2013 • 352 Posts
I can not wait to get my hands on the PS4.