OFFICIAL Microsoft E3 2014 Press conference discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Microsoft E3 Conference

When?

The Microsoft E3 Conference starts at 9:30am PDT/ 16:30 GMT. (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html to check your regional time if these do not apply)

Where?

The conference will be streamed by Gamespot on this page.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-press-conference-2014/

It will be held at the LA Convention Centre.

Why?

Microsoft will be announcing upcoming projects for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. This was done in the past to get interest for retailers to see what projects were coming up and then decide what stock orders they would place on units. However, this has become more and more an event to sell the games to us, the gamers. People are excited to see upcoming projects and what their favourite studios will be presenting (or they hope they will be presenting).

Past?

Last year Microsoft's gaming business, led by Don Mattrick released more details about the launch of the Xbox One system. This featured a lot of information about Kinect and future game launches such as Metal Gear Solid 5, Forza Motorsport 3, Quantum Break, Ryse, and much more.

Microsoft have got a reputation recently of pushing entertainment such as TV, social media, and other forms to use on their systems. They also seem to have been pushing their hardware as a family unit (with Kinect or Project Natal as it was known at one point) being seen as somewhat of a joke by some users.

Why should I care this year?

Phil Spencer has taken over from Don Mattrick (who left not long after E3 to take a role at Zynga). Phil has been around at Xbox since the launch of the original Xbox (remember all those new games and ideas, especially around the launch of the Xbox 360). Obviously some new titles may not be announced this year given these business deals can take time to put in place. But with a new leader, there could be new ideas and with the talk of this conference being more about the games, this could be a good time to push forward to potential of the Xbox One and also announce some titles for the Xbox 360 (Forza Horizion 2 being one such game).

There are many rumours running at the moment, including one that Halo will be getting a update for the Xbox One with a Master Chief collection (Halo 1 through 4 to Xbox One with upgraded visuals, and a separate release of Halo 2 HD). Also Microsoft have teased a Fable game for PC so there is potentially more surprises in store for us all.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 garfield360uk

*Reserved for more info*

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By garfield360uk

*Reserved for GIFs/images from conference*

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 garfield360uk

*Reserved for GIFs/images from conference*

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Should be pretty awesome, I can't wait. There's quite a few games that I'm really looking forward to seeing there.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

C'mon on Microsoft, don't disappoint us now, son.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Highly calculated decisions are expected of Microsoft not because of their successful consoles, but due to their Windows software in so much of the world that their gaming division will naturally be equally user-friendly and overall ingenious.

Let's face it: The Xbox One has had mediocre sales lately. MS must have something planned that will win the hearts of those who left it behind for the PlayStation 4 due to its former policies or else they can expect another year of substandard sales and a third place position against the other two major video game console makers. Sales have been so poor for the Xbox One that Microsoft lowered its price to $450 with Titanfall and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold card, yet they remain outside what they could be. The Xbox One needs games and they need to be so good that they rival Nintendo's standard of excellence in gameplay mechanics and Sony's standard of excellence in games which feel very close to interactive films (in the best way possible). If they could do that, they would be the winner.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Nice mate! honestly cant wait, MS has been doing a great job recently and their sales have been aswell, looking forward to seeing how they can impress us further!

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I just want to see some of the old xbox games back ! Perfect dark , jade empire , Crackdown , lost odyssy or maybe even Star wars Kotor ?

they all have the potential to be something amazing .

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mesomorphin

@kingcrimson24 said:

I just want to see some of the old xbox games back ! Perfect dark , jade empire , Crackdown , lost odyssy or maybe even Star wars Kotor ?

they all have the potential to be something amazing .

Theres alot of rumour going around that were getting another Perfect Dark and a new Crackdown, called "Crackdown Skyline" I honestly hope this is true. And god if they made a new KOTOR or a new JEDI KNIGHT that would blow my mind.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingcrimson24

@mesomorphin: Microsoft said they are going to have a big third party exclusive and something in my guts tells me its a Bioware/Microsoft thing . so Mass effect 4 is already announced to come to Ps4 , X1 and PC . so what might that third party exclusive be ?

I can imagine at the end of conference we see a small teaser of Kotor 3 and bang , minds will blow ....

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mesomorphin

@kingcrimson24 said:

@mesomorphin: Microsoft said they are going to have a big third party exclusive and something in my guts tells me its a Bioware/Microsoft thing . so Mass effect 4 is already announced to come to Ps4 , X1 and PC . so what might that third party exclusive be ?

I can imagine at the end of conference we see a small teaser of Kotor 3 and bang , minds will blow ....

Lets face it, if a new KOTOR is announced and announced as an xbox exclusive, that would would really rain a stampede down on Sony's show, so long as the rest of MS conference is atleast decent.

Plus it would make sense given that Bioware is ment to be working on a new star wars game

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kingcrimson24

@mesomorphin: if Kotor gets announced , whatever the platform , exclusive or not , I'll just jump out of window and i''l run and dance all over the town out of excitement . and i'll do it naked .

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mesomorphin

@kingcrimson24 said:

@mesomorphin: if Kotor gets announced , whatever the platform , exclusive or not , I'll just jump out of window and i''l run and dance all over the town out of excitement . and i'll do it naked .

thank you for that wild imagery. But yes I believe so would I, atleast with clothes on however.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I am not sure how good this E3 will be for MS. They need to fire some big guns

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mesomorphin

@The_Last_Ride said:

They did last year, and Iam sure they will this year aswell, especially if they announced halo 1-4 remastered with xbox one graphics!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They did last year, and Iam sure they will this year aswell, especially if they announced halo 1-4 remastered with xbox one graphics!

They did, but Titanfall was kind of a dudd and it was overshadowed by their policies and price for the X1

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mesomorphin

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They did, but Titanfall was kind of a dudd and it was overshadowed by their policies and price for the X1

And with those policies and price issues out of the way now, it can only be good sh*t which Is why I'am so stoked. Titanfall a dudd? really...I enjoyed it!

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kingcrimson24

@The_Last_Ride: Xbox had a good show last year actually . they showed more exclusive than sony at least . there was Ryse , Dead rising 3 , Titanfall , Forza 5 , Quantum Break , Sunset overdrive , D4 and Projekt spark . it was a really good line up .

bad those goddamn policies ruined everything .

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

And with those policies and price issues out of the way now, it can only be good sh*t which Is why I'am so stoked. Titanfall a dudd? really...I enjoyed it!

I am not saying it's a bad game, it just fell off the map quickly after launch.

@kingcrimson24 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Xbox had a good show last year actually . they showed more exclusive than sony at least . there was Ryse , Dead rising 3 , Titanfall , Forza 5 , Quantum Break , Sunset overdrive , D4 and Projekt spark . it was a really good line up .

What about all those indie games from Sony? Those are exclusive to PS4? But they should have a good show this year i hope

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mesomorphin

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I am not saying it's a bad game, it just fell off the map quickly after launch.

@kingcrimson24 said:

What about all those indie games from Sony? Those are exclusive to PS4? But they should have a good show this year i hope

Yeah its definitely talked about less, but try jumping online and thats where the game talks, its packed with players!

And yeah would love to see a shit load of indies from both parties! Anything like Child of Light will be awesome!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

@mesomorphin: At the end of day is, if all of the conferences have massive awesome games we all pretty much win. That's what i want, and i didn't get that last year

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mesomorphin

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin: At the end of day is, if all of the conferences have massive awesome games we all pretty much win. That's what i want, and i didn't get that last year

Fair enough, each to his own I guess. I guess we'll know for sure in a little over 24 hours, where hopefully the forums will be flooded!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Last_Ride

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Fair enough, each to his own I guess. I guess we'll know for sure in a little over 24 hours, where hopefully the forums will be flooded!

Hell yeah. I want all conferences to be awesome. Personally i am most looking forward to Sony and EA, because they have kept a lid on it until now

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hope to see alot of games for the xbox one at this years E3.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingcrimson24

I just saw a rumor about a Perfect Dark reboot .... can it be true ? :/

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#27 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

well, they certainly fulfilled their promise of "nothing but games" in their press conference. Wasn't boring, anyway.

Phantom Dust was the big announce for me. Love the original's concept, and I'm curious (and perhaps hopeful) that the new devs will ditch the card-battle style mechanics that bogged the first game down.

Tomb Raider reveal was a close second.

Fable Legends definitely has my interest now. I love the shift to a DM controlled co-op dungeon crawl.

Division still looks great. Witcher 3, etc.

Still not feeling Sunset Overdrive, though.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

Wow. That was so awesome. Microsoft totally delivered, sooooo many great games that I want. The Halo Master Chief Collection is real and I'm so pumped for it.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#29 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Way better than last year and the Halo Master Chief collection makes it a want now for me. I still think there was way too much "exclusive" content that was really just " timed release dlc" though. Think they could have made a stronger statement on their plans for those with the Kinect, now it really looks like they are saying oh well to those that were forced to buy it.

Totally worth watching for the Tomb Raider and Evolve trailers though.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kingcrimson24

They did fulfil their promise about GAmes Games and games .

they are Bringing old games like Phantom Dust and crackdown back . i never played the first Phantom dust but that Trailer looked reaaallyy Badass !

there was one thing i wanted Microsoft to do and i knew it could be amazing : bringing Crackdown back and make it better because that game had potential ! and they did it .

Scalebound ? i dunno ...

fable legends : I wouldn't call it a Fable game , but whatever it was it looked great !

so Forza Horizon 2 . I mean the first one was amazing and this one is going to be better right ?

and The Masterchief collection : OH MAN OH MAN , all the campaigns are there , with all Multiplayer maps and Halo 2 anniversary ! OH man . this 60$ will be my best deal since I got the orange box on xbox 360 !

if i didn't have an xbox one already , this conference would totally make me buy one .

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Wow. That was so awesome. Microsoft totally delivered, sooooo many great games that I want. The Halo Master Chief Collection is real and I'm so pumped for it.

How can microsoft have delivered? 90% of the top games were all multiplatform games.

Nah MS did a poor job, wasn't as bad as last year but what a disappointing press conference from Microsoft.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

A great show from Microsoft. I would have liked to have seen one more 3rd party exclusive title, but they're gonna be so rare going forward. Still holding out hope for Dino Crisis announcement at some point this E3.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jacanuk

@kingcrimson24 said:

they are Bringing old games like Phantom Dust and crackdown back . i never played the first Phantom dust but that Trailer looked reaaallyy Badass !

there was one thing i wanted Microsoft to do and i knew it could be amazing : bringing Crackdown back and make it better because that game had potential ! and they did it .

Scalebound ? i dunno ...

fable legends : I wouldn't call it a Fable game , but whatever it was it looked great !

so Forza Horizon 2 . I mean the first one was amazing and this one is going to be better right ?

and The Masterchief collection : OH MAN OH MAN , all the campaigns are there , with all Multiplayer maps and Halo 2 anniversary ! OH man . this 60$ will be my best deal since I got the orange box on xbox 360 !

if i didn't have an xbox one already , this conference would totally make me buy one .

What made you jizz in your pants over the Ms Pr conference? so far all i saw was old exclusives that are developed by MS and of course stayed exclusive, but the rest which was 80% was all multiplatform.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kingcrimson24

@Jacanuk: i said it all in that post really . they showed games that i really like .

seems like you only looked at the last line .

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Archangel3371  Online

@Jacanuk said:

@Archangel3371 said:

How can microsoft have delivered? 90% of the top games were all multiplatform games.

Nah MS did a poor job, wasn't as bad as last year but what a disappointing press conference from Microsoft.

There was plenty that I liked about their games:

• Forza Horizon 2
  • Halo Collection
  • Crackdown 3
  • Phantom Dust
  • Project Spark
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Fable Legends
  • Scalebound

As for the multi-plats they are still great games that I can play on my Xbox One so that's all that really matters to me in the end. So I found it to be a great and exciting conference with a ton of great games shown.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

Scalebound ? i dunno ...

What made you jizz in your pants over the Ms Pr conference? so far all i saw was old exclusives that are developed by MS and of course stayed exclusive, but the rest which was 80% was all multiplatform.

Most of us are platform agnostic. From an MS standpoint, it was kinda unremarkable. Most of their exclusive stuff was shown via CG. But from a gamer's standpoint - the new tomb raider, a Halo collection that allows you to basically create your own campaign by making a playlist of levels from all the Halo games, co-op AC, etc - there was a lot to like. Most of us don't watch these pressers from the standpoint of our portfolios, but rather from the standpoint of what we're going to be playing in a few months. And at this point, it's been such a dry year, it's not going to take much to get us excited.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

They played very safe it wasn't mind blowing nor was it utter crap..it was just above meh

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jacanuk

@Ish_basic said:

@Jacanuk said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

Scalebound ? i dunno ...

Most of us are platform agnostic. From an MS standpoint, it was kinda unremarkable. Most of their exclusive stuff was shown via CG. But from a gamer's standpoint - the new tomb raider, a Halo collection that allows you to basically create your own campaign by making a playlist of levels from all the Halo games, co-op AC, etc - there was a lot to like. Most of us don't watch these pressers from the standpoint of our portfolios, but rather from the standpoint of what we're going to be playing in a few months. And at this point, it's been such a dry year, it's not going to take much to get us excited.

I agree from a gaming standpoint there is a few great games yet to come, Tomb Raider, Unity, The Division.

But i was just wondering what made it seem better than the same you are going to see in the sony conference? Because in my opinion right now there isn't one console that screams buy, in fact i would say that clear cut winner is PC right now, Dead Rising 3 is coming, Halo probably also, Dragons age, Unity, Tomb Raider, The Division etc.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I'd never buy a console for a last gen collection because lol but that Master Chief Collection...http://i.imgur.com/z0cHPM8.png

Crackdown 3- knew it was coming. Fantastic nonetheless.

It seems the age of megaton game announcements at E3 is well and truly over though.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It was a pretty interesting conference. Naturally, since we saw the Witcher 3, new Tomb Raider, DA: Inquisition, the Division and CoD: Advanced Warfare(I'm not a cod fan but it was great).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

Ori and the new stuff from the Limbo guys looks interesting. I have faith that Platinum will make a fun action game. Evolve looks like it will be neat on PC if you have 4 friends who actually want to play.

That's about all I got out of it aside from wanting to stab the next person to say "dedicated servers." It's 2014. We had those in 1995.

Oh, and Halo 2 multiplayer was never special.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kingcrimson24

@syztem: it was really really special back in 2004 .

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

@kingcrimson24 said:

@syztem: it was really really special back in 2004 .

That's the thing, it wasn't. Didn't do anything better than what PC shooters were already doing/had already done.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Behardy24

Microsoft had a solid conference overall.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Behardy24

Seriously considering buying an Xbox One this fall just for Halo Collection and Shape up.