Nintendo Warns of Weak Wii U Sales

This topic is locked from further discussion.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#251 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

2013 isnt looking better.

• Where's the Far Cry 3 port?
  • Where's the DMC port?
  • Where's the MGS Rising port?
  • the Bioshock port?
  • the Crysis 3 port?
  • The Tomb Raider port?
  • Dead Space 3 port?
  • Army of Two port?

S0lidSnake

I said it ealier in the thread, but I think its because those games were already so close to completion by the time the Wii U came out that it just doesn't make sense to port games to it. Harder to justify when everyone's getting ready for another set of consoles. That's money and resources that could be put toward new games.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

If PS4 and Xbox 720 blocks used games I bet the Wii U won`t have weak sales for long.BuldozerX

The Wii U is still an overpriced and (currently) redundant console.

People may just as well keep playing their PS3 and XB360 rather than purchase a Wii U.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

• Where's the DMC port?
  • the Bioshock port?
  • the Crysis 3 port?
  • The Tomb Raider port?
  • Dead Space 3 port?
  • Army of Two port?

c_rake

I said it ealier in the thread, but I think its because those games were already so close to completion by the time the Wii U came out that it just doesn't make sense to port games to it. Harder to justify when everyone's getting ready for another set of consoles. That's money and resources that could be put toward new games.

That is certainly a factor but there is a deeper neglect at work here as it pertains to third party developers and I suspect that these soft sales are only strengthening their collective apathy towards Nintendo's newest console.  

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#254 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

• Where's the DMC port?
  • the Bioshock port?
  • the Crysis 3 port?
  • The Tomb Raider port?
  • Dead Space 3 port?
  • Army of Two port?

c_rake

Wasnt the Wii announced two years ago? All these games were in early stages back then and couldve easily been ported to the Wii U. 

Well, not easily. Weren't we just discussing that Nintendo didnt even bother giving out specs with their devkits? No wonder none of these guys bothered with the port, no one knew exactly what this thing was capable of.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Michael Ancel and some other members of the Rayman team are openly protesting Ubisoft's decision to push back the Wii U version and talking smack about Ubisoft's management off the record. Be interesting to see how this plays out. This strikes me as a watered down version of Shinji Mikami's 'cut off head' moment.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-12-michel-ancel-and-rayman-dev-team-appear-in-protest-at-ubisofts-decision-to-delay-rayman-legends

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#258 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17680 Posts

Michael Ancel and some other members of the Rayman team are openly protesting Ubisoft's decision to push back the Wii U version and talking smack about Ubisoft's management off the record. Be interesting to see how this plays out. This strikes me as a watered down version of Shinji Mikami's 'cut off head' moment.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-12-michel-ancel-and-rayman-dev-team-appear-in-protest-at-ubisofts-decision-to-delay-rayman-legends

CarnageHeart

Even though I don't intend to buy a Wii U for some time, if ever, I'm heavily tempted to buy Rayman simple to support the devs.  Having to crunch and spend all that time away from their families to get it out the door soon only to be told it wouldn't then be released until later is terrible.  Damn Ubi, just when you were starting to earn back my respect.

JamesElfman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 JamesElfman
Member since 2011 • 98 Posts
nintendo should drop the price and offer an ambassader program to everyone that bought the 32 gig model.that and for all the space its firmware updates have whored out.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 CarnageHeart

Amazing job by Ancel to stand up for his game. It is total BS what Ubisoft is doing and I am glad he is not sitting on this.dvader654

Its easy to be generous when its other people's money is at risk.

Ubisoft is a company which moreso than any other big 3rd party publisher, has supported young hardware with painstaking crafted, if not quality (Zombi U and AC Vita got mixed reviews, but they are 3rd party core games built from the ground up, rare things on both system at the moment) games.

I think its kind of funny that the company most supportive of the Wii U is the one taking all the flack (most third parties aren't even putting multiplats on the Wii U). When a company that actively supports the Vita lessen support for a system, maybe, just maybe, there is something very wrong with the system. Nintendo fans ought to take some time out from the hate mail campaign and research what Nintendo could do better and encourage them to do it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ubisoft-vita-not-dead-ac-liberation-profitable

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#262 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I really hope Nintendo is capable of turning things around with Wii U. The system has a ton of potential given its feature set (especially Miiverse) and I'd hate to see the strongest first party in the industry suffer.

CastieI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 CastieI
Member since 2013 • 124 Posts
The Nintendo Wii sold well in spite of it's game library. The Nintendo Wii U is selling poorly because of it's game library. Balance has been returned to the gaming universe. I don't WANT to see Nintendo do poorly, like many children of the eighties, I cut my teeth on Nintendo games. But I absolutely did not like the precedent the Wii set for the quality of a systems game library to be irrelevant to whether or not it can sell well and lead the market. I feel like that could have taken gaming in a bad direction. The Wii casuals are gone, and Nintendo now has to figure out what the hell they are gonna do.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Amazing job by Ancel to stand up for his game. It is total BS what Ubisoft is doing and I am glad he is not sitting on this.dvader654

Its easy to be generous when its other people's money is at risk.

Ubisoft is a company which moreso than any other big 3rd party publisher, has supported young hardware with painstaking crafted, if not quality (Zombi U and AC Vita got mixed reviews, but they are 3rd party core games built from the ground up, rare things on both system at the moment) games.

I think its kind of funny that the company most supportive of the Wii U is the one taking all the flack (most third parties aren't even putting multiplats on the Wii U). When a company that actively supports the Vita lessens support for a system, maybe, just maybe, there is something very wrong with the system. Nintendo fans ought to take some time out from the hate mail campaign and research what Nintendo could do better and encourage them to do it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ubisoft-vita-not-dead-ac-liberation-profitable

What can Nintendo do in this case, they want more third party support, they want his game out now. that is what would help the system even if ever so slightly. The game is finished, they already supported the wii u, the decision is simply to delay this launch to save some money on an joint ad campaign and the assumption that one launch would sell better than two launches, which I disagree with. This has nothing to do with future support or a willingness to make a game on the wii u since they already made it.

Nintendo could have slashed the price of the Wii U the same way they slashed the price of the 3DS.

The rumor that Ubisoft is putting Watchdogs on the Wii U (which will run on both last and current gen Playstations and Xboxes) supports my claim that the fact that Ubisoft is the focus of so much ire from Nintendo fans is bizarre because they are the Wii U's strongest 3rd party supporter. Its like a guy with one friend picking a fight with that friend because he feels that the guy isn't a good enough friend.