Multi-platform PS3/XBOX

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for StokeMeAClipper
StokeMeAClipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StokeMeAClipper
Member since 2013 • 291 Posts

Hi,

I've recently been watching some XBOX 360/PS3 comparisons. I view these purely out of interest and not for bragging rights.

In some games there are very definite differences, however in other games the only difference seems to be in the contrast levels. Having higher contrast can make colours seem more vibrant, textures appear more defined and objects appear to "pop" more.

For the comparisons I looked at it was claimed that the XBOX 360 was set to expanded colour and the PS3 had full range enabled. I think I'm correct in saying that, if that is the case, they should both have the same amount of steps in contrast (0-255).

I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight as to why this is so.

No fanboy comments please as I'm really not interested.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I have no insight to offer you on your question, and I am sorry for the off topic reply. But I can't let a guy who's named himself "StokeMeAClipper" show up without saying WELCOME TO GAMESPOT!

Welcome to the site, I love the name you've chosen. Just no sharing the Double Polaroids! :)

Avatar image for StokeMeAClipper
StokeMeAClipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 StokeMeAClipper
Member since 2013 • 291 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13: Lol, thanks for the welcome.

Although to be fair it was a triple-bag easy-glide vac with turbo-suction and a self-emptying dustbag! But I'll be sure not to post pics :)