Most underrated console of all time

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

For me it is a tie between gamecube and Sega Saturn...What do you guys think.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Probably Sega Nomad, if you had rechargable batteries back then.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

sega cd

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Gamecube probably. Has a ton of very high quality games.

Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts
I think its the indigo color gameboy advance, There's a lot of games for it and the shape is easy to control. I love gameboy advance
FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

Gamecube, Sega Saturn, Sega 32x, Sega CD

Majistrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Majistrate
Member since 2011 • 331 Posts

Easily the Gamecube. Such a good console with such a great library of games.

Frinkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Frinkar
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

yeah i have to agree with Gamecube, great libary of games! even though i prefered the Ps2 , gamecube was still awesome :)

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
Panasonic Real 3DO
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Probably the Atari Jaguar. While the system didn't have terribly many games it still had decent ports of Rayman, Doom and Alien vs Predator.

Avatar image for SnazzyPaperbear
SnazzyPaperbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SnazzyPaperbear
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts
Dreamcast! Totally underrated!
Avatar image for SnazzyPaperbear
SnazzyPaperbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SnazzyPaperbear
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

Probably the Atari Jaguar. While the system didn't have terribly many games it still had decent ports of Rayman, Doom and Alien vs Predator.

nameless12345
The Jaguar had the best port of doom and rayman. it also had temptest 2000 didn't it?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#13 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Saturn.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The Sega Saturn followed by the Gamecube.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

My pick is easily the Dreamcast. The machine pumped out great graphics and sound quality and had a fantastic game library especially considering it's short-lifespan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

My pick is easily the Dreamcast. The machine pumped out great graphics and sound quality and had a fantastic game library especially considering it's short-lifespan.

Emerald_Warrior

Only the Dreamcast was very well liked while it was supported. It is a shame the Playstation hype train ran it over, as the direction of the DC was more interesting than the ps2, imo.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nameless12345

Dreamcast! Totally underrated!SnazzyPaperbear

Considering the amount of praise that console is getting from the fans I wouldn't say it is...

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Dreamcast hands down! It did sell well, but I feel like it is sadly forgotten in the shadow of the PS2 and XBOX. Pound for pound it has one of the best libraries on any console ever.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Heirren

Only the Dreamcast was very well liked while it was supported. It is a shame the Playstation hype train ran it over, as the direction of the DC was more interesting than the ps2, imo.

It had a great launch, no doubt. But it didn't sell well, at least not compared to it's competition:

PS1 - 102 Million

N64 -33 Million

PS2 - 154 Million

XBox - 24 Million

Gamecube - 21.74 Million

Dreamcast - 10.6 Million

Dreamcast is easily in last place in either generation.

ChiHeartily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChiHeartily
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts
It sega games probably
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
gamecube probably...had some amazing games
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts

The GameCube, it had games that the PS2 or XBOX didn't even have, along with the same quality of gameplay in the games that they did share with SONY and Microsoft.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Emerald_Warrior

It had a great launch, no doubt. But it didn't sell well, at least not compared to it's competition:

PS1 - 102 Million

N64 -33 Million

PS2 - 154 Million

XBox - 24 Million

Gamecube - 21.74 Million

Dreamcast - 10.6 Million

It was only on the market for 2 years(in the us) though, I believe. I think claiming it as an underrated console is the wrong terminology.

darkdude2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkdude2k12
Member since 2011 • 874 Posts

Gamecube hands down.

There was no reason to introduce the atrocious Wii when the Cube had better graphics and games. Infact, the GC only improved by the year with games; graphically speaking. It was mostly on par with Xbox but had a terrible controller for 2d games. The Wii sqaushed it bringing in a bloody gimmick remote. Like who actually would want to play with the nunchuk thingy anyhow.

Oh well.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Wii or Gamecube.

Stefan91x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stefan91x
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

Dreamcast

Imo Sega's second best console

Relating for the NGC, I think it's Nintendo's worst console (despite the Wii and Virtual Boy).In comparision to the SNES and the N64 it was a huge disappointment, it's not just the reason that Rareware was gone, I miss the quality as you'd expect from a Nintendo console.Of course there are some masterpieces called Metroid Prime 1,2, and some pretty good games like Rogue Squadron 2 and REmake but otherwise there are just terrible sequels of N64 games (exception of SSBM and F Zero GX) and many games where I excepted something much better

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

PS1 - 102 Million

N64 -33 Million

PS2 - 154 Million

XBox - 24 Million

Gamecube - 21.74 Million

Dreamcast - 10.6 Million

It was only on the market for 2 years(in the us) though, I believe. I think claiming it as an underrated console is the wrong terminology.

But it's CLEARLY in last place. Not just kind of. And the original XBox only had 1 year longer than Dreamcast when the 360 was released. The reason it was halted was due to poor sales. So I doubt keeping it alive for 1 year longer (as cool as that would have been for fans) would have helped sales all that much.

darkdude2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkdude2k12

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

PS1 - 102 Million

N64 -33 Million

PS2 - 154 Million

XBox - 24 Million

Gamecube - 21.74 Million

Dreamcast - 10.6 Million

Emerald_Warrior

But it's CLEARLY in last place. Not just kind of. And the original XBox only had 1 year longer than Dreamcast when the 360 was released. The reason it was halted was due to poor sales. So I doubt keeping it alive for 1 year longer (as cool as that would have been for fans) would have helped sales all that much.

If you're referring to the Dreamcast as being clearly in last place; then you're an idiot. How many units sold doesn't take away the fact that it was the most innovative of all consoles beforehand and possibly afterwards. Afterall, it not only supported a standard controller, but a fishing rod, a light gun, internet, the ability to customize, a VGA Box,VMU etc. Also, let's not forget the vast number of fighting games both 2d and 3d, the first games that were truly interactive (seaman)and a load of games sony fanboys like yourself have yet to even imagine. Infact, the Dreamcast is anything but dead being that Indie developers have released somerecent titles. PS2 sold the most consoles and it's still the worst console I own even though it has a few games that are a saving grace. Besides, most people will agree that the DC was the first console to truly WOW a gamer.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

darkdude2k12

If you're referring to the Dreamcast as being clearly in last place; then you're an idiot. How many units sold doesn't take away the fact that it was the most innovative of all consoles beforehand and possibly afterwards. Afterall, it not only supported a standard controller, but a fishing rod, a light gun, internet, the ability to customize, a VGA Box,VMU etc. Also, let's not forget the vast number of fighting games both 2d and 3d, the first games that were truly interactive (seaman)and a load of games sony fanboys like yourself have yet to even imagine. Infact, the Dreamcast is anything but dead being that Indie developers have released somerecent titles. PS2 sold the most consoles and it's still the worst console I own even though it has a few games that are a saving grace. Besides, most people will agree that the DC was the first console to truly WOW a gamer.

Yeah, I named it as the most underrated console, meaning it's a great console that didn't sell well. Read the entire conversation before butting in and proceeding to insult people.

darkdude2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkdude2k12

[QUOTE="darkdude2k12"]

Emerald_Warrior

Yeah, I named it as the most underrated console, meaning it's a great console that didn't sell well. Read the entire conversation before butting in and proceeding to insult people.

No you didn't. Further, you've gotten all the facts wrong with that last post of fail stating that the Xbox had "one year longer than the dreamcast" when the Xbox was released in 2001, but delivered until well after 2008 with it's last title being Madden 09. Fail.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Emerald_Warrior

Emerald_Warrior

No you didn't. Further, you've gotten all the facts wrong with that last post of fail stating that the Xbox had "one year longer than the dreamcast" when the Xbox was released in 2001, but delivered until well after 2008 with it's last title being Madden 09. Fail.

darkdude2k12

I'm sorry, I don't play sports game. Name me a good game that's not a sports game that came out after 360s launch? I doubt you can.

And I didn't say that? Then what's this post here, the first post I posted in this thread, hmm?

Emerald_Warrior

darkdude2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darkdude2k12

[QUOTE="darkdude2k12"]No you didn't. Further, you've gotten all the facts wrong with that last post of fail stating that the Xbox had "one year longer than the dreamcast" when the Xbox was released in 2001, but delivered until well after 2008 with it's last title being Madden 09. Fail.

Emerald_Warrior

I'm sorry, I don't play sports game. Name me a good game that's not a sports game that came out after 360s launch? I doubt you can.

And I didn't say that? Then what's this post here, the first post I posted in this thread, hmm?

Emerald_Warrior

Let's see, you dork.

What about Call of Duty 3, Gun, Ghost recon series (many were released after launch), Iron Phoenix etc. Should I keep naming to make you look dumber than you are? (If that's possible)Bollocks! I swear I think you and everyone at this site hate me because I'm a brit.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Emerald_Warrior

Yeah, Gun is a good one. I do have that game. Didn't even realize it was released after 360s release until now. Call of Duty 3 is on 360, and what Ghost Recon game came out on original XBox after 360s release? Not that I consider them good games anyways, not a fan of the military-shooters. Played one, played em all.

And please, no one hates you because you're a Brit. They hate you because you of your flaming posts, such as the above one.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
NeoGeo Pocket Color
darkdude2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darkdude2k12

Yeah, Gun is a good one. I do have that game. Didn't even realize it was released after 360s release until now. Call of Duty 3 is on 360, and what Ghost Recon game came out on original XBox after 360s release? Not that I consider them good games anyways, not a fan of the military-shooters. Played one, played em all.

And please, no one hates you because you're a Brit. They hate you because you of your flaming posts, such as the above one.

Emerald_Warrior

It's funny, because your profile boasts about Xbox love all whilst you've not a clue about any releases after 2005; and there were many. Have you even played Destroy all Humans 2, Juiced, Tomb Raider Legend, Chicken Little, WinBack 2 (a third person shooter), X-men amongst others? Reservior Dogs was a good one released well after launch as well. Then there's Getting it Up- contents under pressure which is very similar to Jet Set radio except better and with actual combat and loads of unlockables. Xbox had plenty of good titles.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
I'll say the Jaguar mainly because it gets tons of hate for no reason. It does have some really great games.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Emerald_Warrior

darkdude2k12

It's funny, because your profile boasts about Xbox love all whilst you've not a clue about any releases after 2005; and there were many. Have you even played Destroy all Humans 2, Juiced, Tomb Raider Legend, Chicken Little, WinBack 2 (a third person shooter), X-men amongst others? Reservior Dogs was a good one released well after launch as well. Then there's Getting it Up- contents under pressure which is very similar to Jet Set radio except better and with actual combat and loads of unlockables. Xbox had plenty of good titles.

Alright, you've got a point. I missed a couple. Destroy All Humans 2 is another good one alongside Gun. X-Men Legends 2, too, love that game. But if you're gonna point that one out, you should point out Marvel Ultimate Alliance, it's better and was released at the same time.

I seemed to remember GameStop dropping XBox support like a rock when 360 released, apparantly my memory is a bit too fuzzy on that one.

But wasn't this about Dreamcast?

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#38 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Chicken Little? :| But I agree that Destroy All Humans 2, Tomb Raider Legend, Resevoir Dogs and Getting it Up are great games. Note: I'm not entering the conversation, just felt like saying I liked those games :P
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nameless12345

Dreamcast

Relating for the NGC, I think it's Nintendo's worst console (despite the Wii and Virtual Boy).In comparision to the SNES and the N64 it was a huge disappointment, it's not just the reason that Rareware was gone, I miss the quality as you'd expect from a Nintendo console.Of course there are some masterpieces called Metroid Prime 1,2, and some pretty good games like Rogue Squadron 2 and REmake but otherwise there are just terrible sequels of N64 games (exception of SSBM and F Zero GX) and many games where I excepted something much better

Stefan91x

I agree, the quality of Ninty's games dropped with the GameCube. I expected to be blown away after the great N64 but I wasn't. The loss of Rare was a big blow too.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

[QUOTE="Stefan91x"]

Dreamcast

nameless12345

I agree, the quality of Ninty's games dropped with the GameCube. I expected to be blown away after the great N64 but I wasn't. The loss of Rare was a big blow too. And F-Zero GX was made by Sega.

I actually think Nintendo itself made better games on the GC then it did on the N64. The loss of rare is what really seperates the two consoles, but I think there are more very top tier Nintendo games on the GC then the N64.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Virtual Boy, Saturn, 3DO, Gamecube, Master System, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar, Wonderswan, Colecovision, Intellivision, Odyssey 2, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo Pocket Color, N-Gage QD (the original taco design was awful but the QD is a nice unit), SEGA CD... pick one. All of them are so old/unpopular that people get misconceptions about them. If I had a dollar for every time someone who had never even played an Atari Jaguar took a cheap shot at it, I'd be a millionaire for sure. Same goes for Virtual Boy.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

SnazzyPaperbear
The Jaguar had the best port of doom and rayman. it also had temptest 2000 didn't it?

DooM for the PS1 is better and my choice for the most underrated console ever is the Turbografix 16 followed by the master system
ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
Turbo grafx 16/PC Engine
Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
1. Sega Saturn 2. Dreamcast 3. Gamecube 4. Neo Geo Pocket Color 5. Sega CD
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
[QUOTE="GoldenElementXL"]1. Sega Saturn 2. Dreamcast 3. Gamecube 4. Neo Geo Pocket Color 5. Sega CD

I love my Dreamcast as much as the next guy (probably a lot more considering I own three Dreamcasts and over 100 Dreamcast games), but there's no way it's underrated. It's probably SEGA's worst console from a third party support/lifespan/genre representation standpoint and people still pine for it on forums to this day, acting like it was one of the best consoles ever.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
[QUOTE="savebattery"][QUOTE="GoldenElementXL"]1. Sega Saturn 2. Dreamcast 3. Gamecube 4. Neo Geo Pocket Color 5. Sega CD

I love my Dreamcast as much as the next guy (probably a lot more considering I own three Dreamcasts and over 100 Dreamcast games), but there's no way it's underrated. It's probably SEGA's worst console from a third party support/lifespan/genre representation standpoint and people still pine for it on forums to this day, acting like it was one of the best consoles ever.

I would say that the 32X was Sega's worst for the reasons you stated for the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast would have been better if it weren't killed off prematurely due to Sega's cash flow problems post 32X/Saturn. There were great fighters, platformers, sports games on the system.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bultje112

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Emerald_Warrior

PS1 - 102 Million

N64 -33 Million

PS2 - 154 Million

XBox - 24 Million

Gamecube - 21.74 Million

Dreamcast - 10.6 Million

I can't begin to start how ignorant that post is

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bultje112

[QUOTE="GoldenElementXL"]1. Sega Saturn 2. Dreamcast 3. Gamecube 4. Neo Geo Pocket Color 5. Sega CDsavebattery

wow, again what a load of****

dreamcast had fantastic 3rd party support. do you know it got 250 games released in the west in 2 years time? that's as much as an64 got in it's entire lifespan. I don't know of any console at leats up to that point that had as many releases in given time as the dreamcast

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nameless12345

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

bultje112

PS1 - 102 Million

N64 -33 Million

PS2 - 154 Million

XBox - 24 Million

Gamecube - 21.74 Million

Dreamcast - 10.6 Million

I can't begin to start how ignorant that post is

Well it did flop considering Sega dropped support so soon. His post is quite informative actually. It shows you how big the sales difference between PS1 and PS2 and the other consoles was. And while PS1 and PS2 did have more games than the competitors combined, I don't think they were actually *that* better than them. Infact in some ways and for some tastes the competiors were better. Shows you what good marketing does for sales.

pinoyrepn1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pinoyrepn1124
Member since 2005 • 292 Posts

Gamecube hands down . . So many solid titles but was supposed to be the inferior of all three consoles in that generation . . Someone needs to purchase the rights to Eternal Darkness and make a sequel !