Most popular Gaming Forums?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

What are the most popular gaming forums that you use other than Gamespot? Since the destruction and revamping of the Gamespot forum a year or two ago it seems every time I visit here this one is basically dead compared to what it used to be.

So with that being said, what are the most popular FORUMS that you visit other than Gamespot that have good community participation and are geared towards gaming, and hardware.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

Definitely Gamefaq.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@outworld222 said:

Definitely Gamefaq.

This, however popular is one thing but having a good discussion on games is far more important if that's what you're after_

Any other time of year I would agree on GFAQ but it's Summer, and that's the time to avoid the GFAQ boards, it's the most toxic this time of year regardless of which game you discuss in. As all the immature teens and troIIs jump on the Forums and spam all kinds of trash. It's even worse than the whiny garbage you'll find on GameSpots System-Wars.

EZA has a fairly new and respectable Forum community, and could recommend more places if you know more than the English language. 4gamer is one I personally use.

GFAQ, and here in Games Discussions has become my norm now for English at least. But more here while it's Summer :P

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Hey, I've really taken a liking to GS's system wars. There are a few people there who really know their stuff and offer valid relevant constructive criticism. A few trolls here and there but overall it's pretty chill for the most part. Plus it's the only forum here that people really post in tbh

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ

@valgaav_219: Haven't looked into it for ages to be honest, no reason to. I just know some of them leak over here in GD and can't say they "know their stuff and offer valid relevant constructive criticism" in fact many I've seen just come over here to complain, usually knowing nothing about the games/ systems they're ranting about. Had one pretty recent as well_

And I'm not being negative about Users that just use the Forums in general, that so happen to also post in SW sometimes. Most of us go on different Forums, as mentioned I'm a GFAQ member.

What I mean, many that are dedicated SW posters tend to be toxic, or at least from what I know from my experience.

It's kinda SWs reputation, 'shit-posting' I believe the term is.

I'm sure it has its hand-full of respectful Users at the very least, but I'd still rather use Games Discussion, less comments? Sure, but I prefer the community on this end, and that it's an actual discussion about the games :)

Hey, I've really taken a liking to GS's system wars

And that's fine, I just don't recommend it to anyone who wants a productive/ friendly discussion on games. As stated, it's primarily for and used by 'shit-posters', and still is from my knowledge.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

I enjoy the IGN forums

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I like this forum and the facebook gaming forum.

hatinger91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 hatinger91
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I like this forum! :)

TheSaltyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheSaltyOne
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

I don't know if this is considered advertising but I just wanted to show that this stream I've seen a few times has gotten either weird or straight up hilarious. I'm just down for laughs and I don't know who she is but wearing a eggplant hat while yelling at overwatch characters? Who does that? LOL. Twitch has gotten strange in the past year. I give it to her, she may be hot and she doesn't show off the cleavage game. Think her name is Dornessititv not too sure. Anyone heard of her? I think she's Canadian lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@valgaav_219: Haven't looked into it for ages to be honest, no reason to. I just know some of them leak over here in GD and can't say they "know their stuff and offer valid relevant constructive criticism" in fact many I've seen just come over here to complain, usually knowing nothing about the games/ systems they're ranting about. Had one pretty recent as well_

And I'm not being negative about Users that just use the Forums in general, that so happen to also post in SW sometimes. Most of us go on different Forums, as mentioned I'm a GFAQ member.

What I mean, many that are dedicated SW posters tend to be toxic, or at least from what I know from my experience.

It's kinda SWs reputation, 'shit-posting' I believe the term is.

I'm sure it has its hand-full of respectful Users at the very least, but I'd still rather use Games Discussion, less comments? Sure, but I prefer the community on this end, and that it's an actual discussion about the games :)

Hey, I've really taken a liking to GS's system wars

And that's fine, I just don't recommend it to anyone who wants a productive/ friendly discussion on games. As stated, it's primarily for and used by 'shit-posters', and still is from my knowledge.

I go to System Wars a lot only because it's the one and only active forum on GS. System Wars isn't that bad as it used to be in the past, but the key thing is too. Never take it seriously in System Wars. I love coming to Games Discussion but I really wish this place was more active and the same thing goes to Retro Gaming forum.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-: I wrote that over three months ago, come on Dav you should know better than to aid bumped old threads.

As for who's active in what place, I just go to places that fit the conversations that peak my interest, not really interested with chatting which system someone likes over etc, for whichever 'likely' silly reason just because it's a popular group. I'd be on IGN otherwise_

For me. Purely interested in chatting games, the good, and bad, regardless of hardware preference.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

@davillain-: I wrote that over three months ago, come on Dav you should know better than to aid bumped old threads.

As for who's active in what place, I just go to places that fit the conversations that peak my interest, not really interested with chatting which system someone likes over etc, for whichever 'likely' silly reason just because it's a popular group. I'd be on IGN otherwise_

For me. Purely interested in chatting games, the good, and bad, regardless of hardware preference.

Wasn't me!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-: lol

Never change_

Xabi1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xabi1998
Member since 2017 • 34 Posts

I like the IGN forum.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

Reddit's /r/Games and I love hanging out on Destructoid's Qtoid.

Maryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maryer
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

R4PG News, Because this is my site, just want to recommend it :)

StevenJJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StevenJJM
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Check out EuroGamer, I think you'll find it likeable over there as well.

SkullCrusher98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SkullCrusher98
Member since 2017 • 40 Posts

GameSpot, IGN and GiantBomb are all great forums. Hard to pick just one.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@gamezoka said:

i like this forum, but what is "IGN"?

www.google.com

Shawcross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Shawcross
Member since 2007 • 1277 Posts

r/Games and GFAQs are still my main ones nowadays. To be honest I probably use GS and GFAQs the least of all since Reddit has everything else at my finger tips as well. Still come here for the articles though and enjoy visiting sites where I've been a member for almost a decade.

supermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 supermike
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

As mobile games, Touch Arcade is the best ever I visited http://forums.toucharcade.com/

PunchKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PunchKey
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

MMO Champion and WowLazy Macros. :D

taura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 taura

reddit

Smola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Smola

Gamefaqs is one but they have very thin skulls so warning

swatng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 swatng
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

Gamefaq

FeralJim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FeralJim
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

Gamefaqs definitely seems really popular. I mostly stick to reddit subs and checking a games steam forums to gauge community feedback. I actually just arrived over here at Gamespot so I don't know what the quality of the forums are, but I gotta say; coming from IGN (and as a huge fan of their old school Nintendo team, Peer Schneider, Jose Otero, Brian Altano) what attracted me here was actually just the quality of their youtube videos. I'd been checking Gamespot more and more the last few months when I wanted to suss out a game, Dragonball Fighterz etc. and just watched a really awesome Fortnite stream with Michael and Eric.

jenydaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jenydaman

nice ... game forum i like it

jenydaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jenydaman

Not many times the world wonders what was the hottest bubble game in 2017 .. I think the best games in 2017 were those that appeared as new and as improved without problems and without bags and which will dominate in the year 2018 .. some of them that I liked are Doggy Bubble Shooter, witch magical happy bubble, blast mania shooter and many more.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I used to be a regular at Ars Technica. I might go back there at some point in the future.

MajorPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MajorPain
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

would like to know what mmo in 2018 will be a smash hit for windows pc platform in 2018

McDoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 McDoogle
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

IGN is a popular website that people go to.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

As far as I can see, the best places to go are Gamefaqs, reddit and a lot of discord and Facebook groups.