Mega Drive Collection & SNK Classics Vol. 1 - worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Are the above collections worthy of purchasing?

Avatar image for Legendarycr8ter
Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendarycr8ter
Member since 2012 • 354 Posts

GreekGameManiac
No, each of the games on each can be downloaded for less than it would cost to buy the retail collection box. SNK collection Vol.1 was valid until about a few years ago when now you can download like all 7 games for less than the collection. with some being free with purchasing some of them if that deal still is going on. Either way, unless you want to be ripped off, no.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
I cant´really talk about the SNK collection but as far as the MD Collection is concerned(I assume you mean the PS3/360 collection)then yes,that´s quite worth it,and at this point it must be dirt cheap(I got mine for $19.99 early last year),so it´s a no brainer as far as I´m concerned. If you mean the PS2 MD Collection then the same applies,it´s even cheaper these days and has quite a big list of games and many extras.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Legendarycr8ter

No, each of the games on each can be downloaded for less than it would cost to buy the retail collection box. SNK collection Vol.1 was valid until about a few years ago when now you can download like all 7 games for less than the collection. with some being free with purchasing some of them if that deal still is going on. Either way, unless you want to be ripped off, no.

Don't listen to this guy, he has no clue what he's talking about. Both are fantastic collection and both have far better games on them than you're average classic game collection. Both are also pretty freaking cheap.

I don't know what he's paying for these collections, but at Gamestop SNK is only $6.99 and the Sega Genesis Collection is only $9.99. That most certainly is not more expensive than downloading the games individually. It's FAR cheaper. And there are 15 excellent games on the SNK collection, not just 7.

Here's a list of the games on each, if you want to know.

SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1

• Art of Fighting
  • Baseball Stars 2
  • Burning Fight
  • Fatal Fury
  • King of Fighters 94
  • King of the Monsters
  • Last Resort
  • Magician Lord
  • Metal Slug
  • Neo Turf Masters
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Sengoku
  • Shock Troopers
  • Super Sidekicks 3
  • Top Hunter
  • World Heroes

Sega Genesis Collection:

• Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Altered Beast
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Columns
  • Comix Zone
  • Decap Attack
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Ecco: The Tides of Time
  • Ecco Jr.
  • Flicky
  • Gain Ground
  • Golden Axe
  • Golden Axe II
  • Golden Axe III
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
  • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
  • Ristar
  • Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Super Thunder Blade
  • Sword of Vermilion
  • Vectorman
  • Vectorman 2
  • Virtua Fighter 2

I HIGHLY recommend picking up both. So many fan-freaking-tastic games for such a cheap price. However if you have a 360 or PS3, the "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection" has a more games on it than the "Sega Genesis Collection".

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Agreed with Emerald's post.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

+1 for Emerald's post. I have both collections and they're very much worth it.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Legendarycr8ter

you can buy either collection for 20 bucks

and I can garantee you that you will pay a LOT more if you buy them indivisually on XBL, VC or PSN

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Emerald_Warrior and others,thanks!

I picked up the Mega Drive Collection today!

Along with a brand new copy of FFX!

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legendarycr8ter

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"][QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Emerald_Warrior

Don't listen to this guy, he has no clue what he's talking about. Both are fantastic collection and both have far better games on them than you're average classic game collection. Both are also pretty freaking cheap.

I don't know what he's paying for these collections, but at Gamestop SNK is only $6.99 and the Sega Genesis Collection is only $9.99. That most certainly is not more expensive than downloading the games individually.

And I can get the contents of both collections for around $10 or $11. But I guess instead of asking me just say I don't know what I am talking about, that works.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"] No, each of the games on each can be downloaded for less than it would cost to buy the retail collection box. SNK collection Vol.1 was valid until about a few years ago when now you can download like all 7 games for less than the collection. with some being free with purchasing some of them if that deal still is going on. Either way, unless you want to be ripped off, no.Legendarycr8ter

I don't know what he's paying for these collections, but at Gamestop SNK is only $6.99 and the Sega Genesis Collection is only $9.99. That most certainly is not more expensive than downloading the games individually.

And I can get the contents of both collections for around $10 or $11. But I guess instead of asking me just say I don't know what I am talking about, that works.

Where can you get all those games individually for $10? Got links? That's BS. And even if that were true, last I checked, $6.99 is cheaper than $10.

And you said there's only 7 games on a compilation with 16 games, more than double the amount you said. Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about here, to me.

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legendarycr8ter

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

I don't know what he's paying for these collections, but at Gamestop SNK is only $6.99 and the Sega Genesis Collection is only $9.99. That most certainly is not more expensive than downloading the games individually. Emerald_Warrior

Where can you get all those games individually for $10? Got links? That's BS. And even if that were true, last I checked, $6.99 is cheaper than $10.

And you said there's only 7 games on a compilation with 16 games, more than double the amount you said. Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about here, to me.

Which was obviously an exaggeration but I guess I have to say when i am sarcastic instead of being obvious. SNK has deals all the time. I think Neo-Geo station on PSP is still doing buy one get 2 free things going on and some of those series have their own collections that go for around 3 dollars. If they stopped the Neo-Geo station deal then I apologize. But still, the latter part.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"] And I can get the contents of both collections for around $10 or $11. But I guess instead of asking me just say I don't know what I am talking about, that works.

Legendarycr8ter

Which was obviously an exaggeration but I guess I have to say when i am sarcastic instead of being obvious. SNK has deals all the time. I think Neo-Geo station on PSP is still doing buy one get 2 free things going on and some of those series have their own collections that go for around 3 dollars. If they stopped the Neo-Geo station deal then I apologize. But still, the latter part.

Well, Neo Geo downloads are 900 Wii points, which is equal to $9. So really, 1 game is more expensive than the ENTIRE 16-game compilation.

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legendarycr8ter

Emerald_Warrior

Well, Neo Geo downloads are 900 Wii points, which is equal to $9. So really, 1 game is more expensive than the ENTIRE 16-game compilation.

See, bringing up the VC makes no sense when the VC is the obvious definition of a Rip-Off ever. i can get Metal Slug cheaper on XBLA than on VC. I get your initial point though. Also no, they stopped the Neo-Geo deal on PSP. Although they may bring it back for Vita. But I did not heard about SNK DLC being released for the Vita yet, so unfortunate. Oh well.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"] Which was obviously an exaggeration but I guess I have to say when i am sarcastic instead of being obvious. SNK has deals all the time. I think Neo-Geo station on PSP is still doing buy one get 2 free things going on and some of those series have their own collections that go for around 3 dollars. If they stopped the Neo-Geo station deal then I apologize. But still, the latter part.Legendarycr8ter

See, bringing up the VC makes no sense when the VC is the obvious definition of a Rip-Off ever. i can get Metal Slug cheaper on XBLA than on VC. I get your initial point though. Also no, they stopped the Neo-Geo deal on PSP. Although they may bring it back for Vita. But I did not heard about SNK DLC being released for the Vita yet, so unfortunate. Oh well.

Then show me how it's cheaper, or I'll even let you show me how it's the same price as the compilations. Show me an ad, or show me a link. I absolutely, positively, DO NOT believe that you can get those games cheaper individually, or for even the same price.

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Legendarycr8ter

Emerald_Warrior

Then show me how it's cheaper, or I'll even let you show me how it's the same price as the compilations. Show me an ad, or show me a link. I absolutely, positively, DO NOT believe that you can get those games cheaper individually, or for even the same price.

I just said that they seemed to have stopped the deal. I went to the PSP store and checked, you need my PSP ID or something?
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"] See, bringing up the VC makes no sense when the VC is the obvious definition of a Rip-Off ever. i can get Metal Slug cheaper on XBLA than on VC. I get your initial point though. Also no, they stopped the Neo-Geo deal on PSP. Although they may bring it back for Vita. But I did not heard about SNK DLC being released for the Vita yet, so unfortunate. Oh well.Legendarycr8ter

I just said that they seemed to have stopped the deal. I went to the PSP store and checked, you need my PSP ID or something?

Not at all. You're the one claiming you can get all the games on this compilation for cheaper than the compilation. Surely there must be some sort of information about this somewhere on the internet, right?

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Legendarycr8ter
Here's a link to the station if you want to know about it, but things were removed(like the forum/chat) and it seems to have been abandoned for the last near 2 years so this double confirms no more deals ever. Oh well http://neogeostation.snkplaymoreusa.com/eu/
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emerald_Warrior

Here's a link to the station if you want to know about it, but things were removed(like the forum/chat) and it seems to have been abandoned for the last near 2 years so this double confirms no more deals ever. Oh well http://neogeostation.snkplaymoreusa.com/eu/Legendarycr8ter

Even if it were 2 years ago, and they were having a half off or buy one get on free sale. 2 games would equal the purchase price of the compilation which has 16 games. The math is not adding up no matter how you seem to present this.

The SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 Colleciton is MORE than worth it.

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Legendarycr8ter

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"]Here's a link to the station if you want to know about it, but things were removed(like the forum/chat) and it seems to have been abandoned for the last near 2 years so this double confirms no more deals ever. Oh well http://neogeostation.snkplaymoreusa.com/eu/Emerald_Warrior

Even if it were 2 years ago, and they were having a half off or buy one get on free sale. 2 games would equal the purchase price of the compilation which has 16 games. The math is not adding up no matter how you seem to present this.

How would the math not add up, it one get 2 free not one. 3x5 is 15, this means you only have to buy 6 games, and the fact the 6 games are below 4 dollars, or at least they were below $4 dollars, I'll double check later, lets see that would be you would spend less than $19.99 which is the average price of SNK Arcade collection. Or at least form all the used copies I have seen $19.99 is the lowest. You also have to add the fact some games cost even less depending on what the game is. I don't know how it worked or works in PAL.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"]Here's a link to the station if you want to know about it, but things were removed(like the forum/chat) and it seems to have been abandoned for the last near 2 years so this double confirms no more deals ever. Oh well http://neogeostation.snkplaymoreusa.com/eu/Legendarycr8ter

How would the math not add up, it one get 2 free not one. 3x5 is 15, this means you only have to buy 6 games, and the fact the 6 games are below 4 dollars, or at least they were below $4 dollars, I'll double check later, lets see that would be you would spend less than $19.99 which is the average price of SNK Arcade collection. Or at least form all the used copies I have seen $19.99 is the lowest. You also have to add the fact some games cost even less depending on what the game is. I don't know how it worked or works in PAL.

$6.99 at Gamestop for the SNK collection. Go look at their site, right now. I can back up my claim, I still have yet to see you're links or any info to these ridiculous prices that I still do not believe whatsoever.

Just give it up. SNK Arcade Classics is a fantastic deal. It's not how you painted it at all, with only 7 games and expensive as you put it. It has 16 excellent games and it's pretty freaking cheap.

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Legendarycr8ter

Emerald_Warrior

$6.99 at Gamestop for the SNK collection. Go look at their site, right now. I can back up my claim, I still have yet to see you're links or any info to these ridiculous prices that I still do not believe whatsoever.

Just give it up. SNK Arcade Classics is a fantastic deal. It's not how you painted it at all, with only 7 games and expensive as you put it. It has 16 excellent games and it's pretty freaking cheap.

Have you ever thought maybe I don't have a gamespot since I just literally said like 3 times in MY AREA it's $19.99? So if it's $6.99 at gamespot, and I say it;s a completely different price would one not think maybe that does not apply? You have this really nasty habit of just throwing random **** into conversations without reading whole posts, or using common sense. Heck, you completely freaking ignored my last two almost. Also the 7 games was obviously sarcastic but since you continue to act stupid you have a nice day. It's/was a rip-off, everywhere I have seen it, so i am going to think it's a rip-off since that's my experience.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"] How would the math not add up, it one get 2 free not one. 3x5 is 15, this means you only have to buy 6 games, and the fact the 6 games are below 4 dollars, or at least they were below $4 dollars, I'll double check later, lets see that would be you would spend less than $19.99 which is the average price of SNK Arcade collection. Or at least form all the used copies I have seen $19.99 is the lowest. You also have to add the fact some games cost even less depending on what the game is. I don't know how it worked or works in PAL.Legendarycr8ter

Have you ever thought maybe I don't have a gamespot since I just literally said like 3 times in MY AREA it's $19.99? So if it's $6.99 at gamespot, and I say it;s a completely different price would one not think maybe that does not apply? You have this really nasty habit of just throwing random **** into conversations without reading whole posts, or using common sense. Heck, you completely freaking ignored my last two almost. Also the 7 games was obviously sarcastic but since you continue to act stupid you have a nice day. It's/was a rip-off, everywhere I have seen it, so i am going to think it's a rip-off since that's my experience.

lol, but you didn't literally say that. You were saying on PSP, not in you're area. Which you still haven't shown me any ads, links, or info. But I'm acting stupid, of course. How silly of me to point out the facts rather than someone else's negatively-skewed (and false) presentation of the game. How shameful of me.

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Legendarycr8ter

Emerald_Warrior

lol, but you didn't literally say that. You were saying on PSP, not in you're area. Which you still haven't shown me any ads, links, or info. But I'm acting stupid, of course. How silly of me to point out the facts rather than someone else's negatively-skewed (and false) presentation of the game. How shameful of me.

I gave you a link to Ne-Geo station, which is dead now, so why would I be abl-? You can't be this stupid, come back later after you collected your thoughts. Also, I did say quite a few times after that $19.99, and how can I link you to a price of a used game for $19.99 at a random store that's not a Gamespot?  Great job Emerald Warrior, nice paying attention, great show. Oh and another round of applause for calling prices that are different depending on area FACTS!  Because spreading ignorance is fun.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Emerald_Warrior

Legendarycr8ter

I gave you a link to Ne-Geo station, which is dead now, so why would I be abl-? You can't be this stupid, come back later after you collected your thoughts. Also, I did say quite a few times after that $19.99, and how can I link you to a price of a used game for $19.99 at a random store that's not a Gamespot?  Great job Emerald Warrior, nice paying attention, great show. Oh and another round of applause for calling prices that are different depending on area FACTS!  Because spreading ignorance is fun.

Okay, then I say again. Show me a link, ad, or info, ANYWHERE that shows I can buy those 16 Neo Geo games for even $19.99. You can't, becuase you can't get that many Neo Geo games for that cheap.

But even then, I don't know why you would still pay $19.99 when there's sites like eBay and Amazon out there, too.

Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Legendarycr8ter

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]ANYWHERE that shows I can buy those16 Neo Geo games for even $19.99 becuase you can't get that many Neo Geo games for that cheap.Emerald_Warrior

Emerald...You...Are...Ret...ar... THE SNK COLLECTION IS $19.99 is english not your first language because you read very poorly, I tell you to please go back and read from the beginning because this is hilarious and scary at the same time. Heck, you confused your own post, now for some reason when you said you can get the SNK arced collection (and rilpas) for less in your areas than $19.99, now it's impossible to get them for only $19.99? Whew.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]ANYWHERE that shows I can buy those16 Neo Geo games for even $19.99 becuase you can't get that many Neo Geo games for that cheap.Legendarycr8ter

Emerald...You...Are...Ret...ar... THE SNK COLLECTION IS $19.99 is english not your first language because you read very poorly, I tell you to please go back and read from the beginning because this is hilarious and scary at the same time. Heck, you confused your own post, now for some reason when you said you can get the SNK arced collection (and rilpas) for less in your areas than $19.99, now it's impossible to get them for only $19.99? Whew.

You said that you could get all those games individually for less than the SNK Arcade Collection, and you said there were only 7 games on it. That's what this all stemmed from. Neither of those statements are true. You then said that you could do it through the PSP, but couldn't show me any links or info. Then you say that it's $19.99 in Europe. I still say you can't get 16 (not 7) games for $19.99. I'm not saying it's impossible to get the collection for $19.99, I'm saying that you're claim of being able to get all the games on the collection INDIVIDUALLY for $19.99, is BS. I don't think I'm having any trouble following here.

I'm done beating around the bush here I'm just gonna throw it out there:

1. You full of crap about this game and you don't have any idea what you're talking about. It's obvious at this point with the 7 games comment that was "sarcastic" :roll:

2. You can't get all these games individually for $6.99, $9.99, or $19.99

3. You can get SNK Arcade Collection for under $10 in common places like GameStop, eBay, and Amazon.com. If you're paying more then you're getting ripped off.

4. SNK Arcade Collection is far from a rip-off. It's well worth anyone's money for whoever is reading this. 16 fantastic Neo Geo games for under $10. You can't beat that and don't let this guy persuade you otherwise. Unless you're just not into old-school games.

All of the above lead me to believe you don't know much about this game and now you're trying to insult me because you've got no more BS to hide behind.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendarycr8ter"] And I can get the contents of both collections for around $10 or $11. But I guess instead of asking me just say I don't know what I am talking about, that works.

Legendarycr8ter

Those games are half off(which comes to $4.49 PS3 or $3.49 PSP), not buy 1 get 2 free. And still much higher than the collection if bought separately.

Even buying the collection for brand new is cheaper($18-25 depending on where you look).

Cruise-Reigez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cruise-Reigez
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Didn't SNK legalize emulation not too long ago?