RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Main purpose of this is to provide all the recent information and videos from Larian Studios in one place, considering some of this has been scattered about.

While I'm perfectly happy and willing to discuss these games as well just keep in mind it's more of a breakdown thread for those interested in these games.

Running down the past few days we've had some nice news about Baldur's Gate III and unexpected update to Divinity: Original Sin II.

Game related, we have the "maybe" release date for the early access build of Baldur's Gate III_

This will up for Steam and Stadia first. Likely with a GoG and console ports upon full release.

*(edit) In addition, new footage of BGIII gameplay (DnD Live stream event), Mr Swen Vincke playing as a custom character with a full party. Involving many goblins, spiders, and a gnome_

--

As for Divinity: Original Sin II, all current platforms get this latest Gift Bag right now. Which happen to be newly placed quests with interesting rewards. Four in total_

Guess I'm doing another Honor playthrough. . .

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

An early access? Man, I'm tired of these half-assed EA games. Torchlight 3 is an utter disappointment right now and I hope Baldur's Gate 3 get the "early access" right.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ

@lembu90 said:

An early access? Man, I'm tired of these half-assed EA games. Torchlight 3 is an utter disappointment right now and I hope Baldur's Gate 3 get the "early access" right.

. . .

Are we really going to compare Runic Games to Larian Studios?

Larian did early access with Divinity: Original Sin II for the first major arc of the game, Fort Joy. The feedback from early access is high in large why the end result was so successful. Many changes happened based on feedback.

Granted, if it was a game that just stayed in the early access state forever and in poor quality like so many games before, would understand your complaint. However Larian Studios has already done this and made sure it functioned. And full game of BGIII will likely be done eight/ eleven months after ea, just as D:OSII was.

Overall I do not see the issue. If you want to try it early, with limited classes, rougher quality, and one arc? the option is available and your feedback may help the end product. Larian Studios have a good reputation for doing early access right. Tough to compare them with a developer that likes selling games broken and barely optimised.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I think those guys who were showing towards us might be origin characters. One of the characters looks similar to a drow in the other videos. I could be wrong but its weird why would they do a montage of these characters.

Yes, seems i was right I re-watched the video and that drow is a party member of the group. In the second video, starting at 2:41 you can see his portrait at the bottom left. Also, you can see at 2:56 he's wearing the same armor as in the first video. That means he's the same guy!

Here is another another breakdown done by a woman about the trailer and characters that showed at the end.

Loading Video...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ

@watercrack445: The weapon drawn montage was all Origin characters for early access. Do believe they've stated to have more planned for the full release game. While not the biggest fan of pre-made characters in RPG games they tend to connect the dots though a playthrough, whether played, or passive. And help those that don't want to fill in a sheet and dive right in_

Guessing one Origin to represent each major class in DnD 5E. We already have confirmed Fighter, Cleric, Rouge, Wizard, and Warlock as Origin characters.

Purely speculating on the others shown-

• The Drow comes across as a Paladin that chunky armor and huge weapon, with Lae'zel already representing Fighters we can narrow that down.
  • Green cloaked figure maybe a Druid or Sorcerer, leaning more to Druid seeing as Sorcerers usually use quarterstaffs not swords.
  • Tiefling wearing light armor and wielding a 1h mace hints a Barbarian.
  • Red haired elf maybe a Bard, just because of the look, and Larian have a habit of making red haired characters entertainers. which is odd because QA suggested that class would not be in ea.

Outside that. Races such as Half-Orc and Dragonborn are considered popular in DnD. So I imagine an Origin for both. Would enjoy a Gnome, Halfling or Dwarf as well, but the smaller races tend to get treated as comical relief by Larian. So even if we get one, it'll be the worst Origin that seems rushed, I'm looking at you Beast.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@RSM-HQ: yeah, I had hunch that might be a paladin or fighter. Also, I think your speculation was pretty good. I don't know much about d&d but know the basic.

Talking about half-orcs, I think I saw in a video of a half-orc as a party member. I don't know which video so I might have to look around to confirm my suspicion.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ

Post new stream interview with Mr Swen Vincke on BGIII-

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Can't wait for early access.

@lembu90 said:

There is no getting it right, it's a beta. There are supposed to be problems, bugs, missing content, etc. Well, maybe not supposed to be...but expected, at least.

Though yeah, I heard Torchlight 3 is a mess right now, that's too bad since the first two games are amazing.

@RSM-HQ said:

Post new stream interview with Mr Swen Vincke on BGIII-

Loading Video...

I like Swen, he seems like a nerd's nerd :D Just doing it for the fun of it, self-deprecating as well.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RSM-HQ
@mrbojangles25 said:

I like Swen, he seems like a nerd's nerd :D Just doing it for the fun of it, self-deprecating as well.

Agreed.

Before these Baldur's Gate III update videos didn't even know about Mr Swen, namely fell for this game because Divinity: OSII is one of my favorite games of the past decade. Have not even played a Baldur's Gate game, but this sold me_

What a delight he is, and now hoping the man in every Baldur's Gate III video. I'm always fond when a presenter is earnest and has positive energy, we have enough depressing ***** in the world right now, so it's refreshing.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Wait for it on sale.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RSM-HQ

@felix7575 said:

Honestly I think this is the next big game.

<a href="https://gamespecifications.com/">Here are the specifications</a>

Please don't bump my old outdated thread, also have no issue if a moderator wants to lock this, it's from near the start of Summer Games Fest and much as been clarified and changed since then.

But while I'm responding may as well add these for Baldur's Gate III_

Loading Video...
Loading Video...