Is Silent Hill Downpour worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

It recieved mixed reviews but I also see a lot of fans saying it's the best of the "non-Team Silent" entries. I'm just about sold on it already but I'd like some final opinions, thanks.

Powerwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Powerwalk
Member since 2006 • 1087 Posts

Yes it is worth buying. At first i wasent expecting it to be good but once i played it i thought it was amazing. There is not much combat in it you have to run away alot but i rather it to be like that the story is very good. The game is pretty long for a silent hill game and the map is massive. The otherworld sections are trippy as. I would give the game a 7.5

entereddanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 entereddanny
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts

I would say it's worth buying, I really enjoyed it. Don't expect it to be like the old-school SH games though.

--T-Virus--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 --T-Virus--
Member since 2005 • 1556 Posts
It depends. Do you enjoyed Silent Hill 1, 2, 3 or 4? Because this one somewhat remind those. Not exactly but definitely closer to them than to Homecoming or Shattered Memories. Personally, I loved it. Reminded good ol' days with Silent Hill 1-4.
conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 conmbo2
Member since 2012 • 112 Posts
whats everyone... I also found this thread before actually purchasing this game. I bought it for 40 bucks and I think it was well worth it. I am 29 years old. played all the old silent hills.. did not play homecoming.... this is the one game that can keep my attention... there is no multiplayer, it is a game for scares and a cool plot.. I wish I bought this a long time ago.... the next I will be buying is the last of us :D
conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 conmbo2
Member since 2012 • 112 Posts
I agree with a lot of this too... I love this game
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

The game has an extended "intro" section that drags a bit, but once you get into the town itself the game becomes pretty cool. If you find it getting tedious, stick with it because once you're past that point you'll likely start to enjoy yourself.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-58592ea915ccf
deactivated-58592ea915ccf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 deactivated-58592ea915ccf
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
It's a great game, I wouldn't rate it highly when it comes to game play though; the combat is clunky, but I would rate it highly as a horror game. The atmosphere is tense and the puzzles remind me of Silent Hill: Shattered memories, there are even similar chase scenes like the ones from Shattered Memories. When I saw the mixed opinions on the critics I was worried about this game and got it anyway. I am happy I played it but don't go into it expecting a masterpiece.