Is Final Fantasy XIII-3 one part too many?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nerdinajar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Nerdinajar
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Was the third part to a very successful Final Fantasy episode really necessary? As far I've seen, from watching small segments of combat and exploration gameplay, FFXIII should have stopped at part 2.

The storyline alone looked very confusing, with characters from the previous episodes being introduced as entirely new people. The textures of the game look almost PS2 quality and have no depth in some areas at all. The combat has been changed entirely from multiple paradigms that each have their own charge gauge presented on the screen when switched and fully customizable for the two characters (and a monster, in FFXIII-2). It seems that every decent quality from part 2 has been ripped from the game and replaced with a more basic, one character version. It's almost like, and I quote from a friend, "this part feels like it's not supposed to be here. It's incomplete, messy and rushed".

As a lone opinion on this topic, I can't really give a review of the game as the gameplay and trailer actually put me off buying the game altogether. Maybe I'm being biased because I adored part 1 and 2 of FFXIII, even through many faults. If you've played the game, and I'm talking utter nonsense, please feel free to call me out on it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

At this point does it really matter ?

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

It's 2 parts too many, maybe even 3.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

No game is necessary.

I think XIII is a good game that got a bad wrap. XIII-2 is like XIII but worse in every way that pertains to gameplay. I like the story though. I have XIII-3 and only put about 2 or 3 hours into it. I don't enjoy anything about it other than the opening CGI fight. Like XIII-2, it's like it's predecessor but worse in every way pertaining to gameplay.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII was one part too many