Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Yes, and because it is fun.

If you want specifics, it has a large game world that they filled with a colorful selection of characters; good, bad, and every shade in between. There is a "Faction" system you are introduced to early in the game that is pretty fun. Base building is also entertaining, and if you get the DLC (recommended) it is even better.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

It's free this weekend, try it

Squid2038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Squid2038
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

Pretty sure Fallout Five is coming soon, wait for that.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

As a long time Fallout fan, I say YES!

The game world might feel and look bit last gen, but that does not matter one bit once you get into the game. Because:

-the game world has myriad great storylines running in parallel, getting shaped by your actions.

-on top of that, you find little side stories everywhere you go.

-the crafting system is awesome, and even without skills, you can craft your weps stronger. With some skills, you can craft mines, grenades and top armour. And trust me, you need them.

-Perk system works. And level upping is fun.

-The world is filled with great characters all round.

-The world keeps surprising you with the varied locations. I've been playing the game for two years, and I still find new places on the map to explore! The map is filled with secluded and hidden spots, so takes ages to see and explore everything.

-Each playthru is different. You complete the game with BoS, and you will want to try to finish it with, say Minutemen, or the Railroad. Or the Institute.

-Above all, the game is pure entertainment, yet remaining challenging. Enemies are scaled to your level, so even when you are high level, the enemies can still hurt you. Of course, by picking right Perks and armour, they cannot hurt you that much...

-I was very sceptical about F4 when I first started playing it, but ten hours into the game, and I was totally hooked. Still am. It's great game. Only thing it lacks is the great atmosphere of F3 and NW.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@squid2038 said:

Doubt that

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@james47: It's alright and personally found it a more enjoyable game than Fallout 3.

It lacks the much beloved karma system, but the combat is much, much better, and gladly take that trade-off.

Plus the art design is pretty good despite clearly built on a dated engine. While I found FO3 one of the ugliest games around when it was released.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#8 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

uhhh yeah duh.

Because you roam around in an apocalyptic world blowing dudes limbs off and stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

No offense, this is not good advise. If you type "When does Fallout 5 release date," the very first article to come up is from Gamersgreed: http://www.gamersgreed.com/fallout-5-confirmed-development-bethesda/ The game is currently in development. The OP still has time to play Fallout 4...if they really wanted to, they can even go back to the previous installments and play before Fallout 5 will have a release date. Typically, this developer takes a few years for new games to release. This is why their games are always so good!

@squid2038 said:

To the original commenter...Fallout 4 is a good game. You don't need to really play the previous installments to immerse yourself in this story. It does have a good story. I do think one of the negative qualities that did take away from the game was the building. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it did take away. I think my first playthrough I spent too much time building, rather than focusing on the story. Everything can potentially become building materials. The graphics are good. The story is good. The expansive environment is great! Someone else in this thread mentioned it is free this weekend. You still have time to download the game and try it out. Take some time to immerse yourself in the story and go from there. Best of luck!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

if you go into it expecting a great role playing game that's a sequel-worthy step up from previous bethesda fallout games, you'll be disappointed.

if you go into it expecting a free roam action game with some basic player stat building features, you'll be less disappointed

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 James47
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

@mrbojangles25:
In a nutshell. Is there too much action in Fallout 4 like Metro 2033 or Stalker, or not. ?

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 James47

@henrythefifth:
In a nutshell. Is there too much action in Fallout 4 like Metro 2033 or Stalker, or not. ?

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 James47

@RSM-HQ:

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 James47

@Sam3231:

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 James47

@TheDarkWolf86:

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 James47

@Macutchi:

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#17 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

@james47: Well they are different games. Metro is a linear shooter, Fallout is open world. Metro generally has more action.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 James47

@Sam3231:

To be exact i want a game that will provide me an abandoned nuclear environment that you must find food and water through out the journey you will make. And also some other questions.

Is Fallout 4 a surviving game. ?
Is Fallout 4 a tense game. ?
Is Fallout 4 a small story game. ?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@james47: I personally liked the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games (even a lot of Clear Sky)

But back on subject, too much action in FO4?

Hmm, depends what quests you do. Many chances of just hanging in towns and stuff like that. Can't really go too deep into that because once I beat the main questline I hung up Fallout 4, sandbox games with mixed design choices are rarely something I tolerate for long. And for me stopping while I still liked my experience was important.

All I can state is I enjoyed the shoot-outs and overall atmosphere FO4 did over FO3. If you want a series with interesting quests? the Bethesda Fallout games are not something I would recommend. Play them for dumb-simple-fun and you'll get your moneys-worth.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Depends. What are your all time favourite 3 games?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#22 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@james47 said:

Is Fallout 4 a surviving game. ?

Is Fallout 4 a tense game. ?

Is Fallout 4 a small story game. ?

You can play on Survivor mode which makes certain aspects of the game harder. And maybe that would make the game more tense. I'm not sure what you mean by small story game, but there's a main plot and a lot of side quests you can do. And many locations have their own little stories if you take the time to read through terminals and stuff.

Sounds like you're new to Fallout so I can't do the whole "if you liked Fallout 3, you'd probably like this game" comment. I'm biased when it comes to Fallout, but I'll still say that the game has an amazing post-apocalyptic atmosphere and there's tons to explore and do.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

@james47 said:

@henrythefifth:

Yes. Enemies tend to respawn to places you already cleaned, so when you revisit those place, you need to clean them out again.

Also, random bosses roam the map, so you never know when you run into boss when exploring the wilds and get yourself killed.

There is more shooting and fighting in F4 than in other Fallout games combined. Enemies are more hostile too.

Reason for this violence is that the map is filled totally full of locations. And each location is usually held by enemies. So when you try to escape enemies of one location, you usually trigger enemies of neighbouring locations, and they will then attack you too. Exploring the urban areas of the map is especially violent, pretty much all out war.

In Fallout 3, exploring the urban ruins was much more peaceful as there were lot less enemies. Same with New Vegas.

So yeah, you do lots of shooting in F4 and thats the main thing you do. And it can get rather tiring for sure.

_Comparing to Metro games, I'd say F4 has more shooting in it when exploring new locations. I've played Metro games, and really like them, and i do remember that Metros were bit more peaceful than F4. Mind you, shootouts is Metro games were tougher, when they did play out.

eLenoreX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By eLenoreX
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Fallout 4 is a good game and worth a try

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i'm in the mood for some fallout

Zozo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zozo25
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

hello everyone have a good day

TrueGamer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TrueGamer94
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

Hi Guys ,
I think it is worth of buying . I think it is a good game to play , maybe you should see Trailer first ...

Hyperanium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hyperanium
Member since 2018 • 16 Posts

If you would like a game that emphasizes storytelling and make you feel like you have a lot of choices that affect the game, Fallout 4 might not be your cup of tea.

The gunplay in Fallout 4 is definitely an improvement over other Fallout titles, it drastically improves it just by the sheer amount of modifications you can add to the weapons (although most of it is just stat upgrades and not a whole bunch of unique setups you can make with it). Although I do miss myself crafting bullets that explode in Fallout: New Vegas.

If you're the one who likes the challenge of surviving in the unforgiving wasteland, Fallout 4 has a survivor mode that can push that button for you, though if you want it to be more hardcore, you can always download some of the brutal survival mods like F.R.O.S.T.

Overall, would I say it's worth buying? I think it's a decent game for the Fallout franchise, but the lack of storytelling uneased me, unlike Fallout: New Vegas which I loved to bits.

I'd buy it if it's on sale.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts
@james47 said:

@Macutchi:

i don't think there's too much action in those games so, in a nutshell, no

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I already finished the main SP campaign in Fallout 4 a long time ago. There's still plenty of action just by roaming the game world. Among the hostile NPCs are raiders, gunners, mutants, feral ghouls, robots, synthetics, even the occasional Brotherhood of Steel (ya, I made enemies of them too) unit/aircraft. Then, there's the wildlife, many of which are hostile as well. They all respawn regularly. So, there's no shortage of bad guys.

Steal something at Diamond City and the whole population will turn hostile, at least those within the stadium.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 James47

@sealionact: I've never played Fallout.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 James47

@SoNin360:
For a guy who likes post-apocalyptic, survival games, is Fallout 4 worth buying it. ?
Just that.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 James47

@hyperanium:
You said pretty good the things I want to hear.
Also the gas mask is a mod or is it in the game properly. ?

Toasteata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Toasteata
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

@mrbojangles25: agreed

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#37 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Yes!

I was new to Fallout franchise so the "changes" or "lack-of-changes" were all irrelevant to me. It was great fun. If you like Skyrim you'll love Fallout 4!!

Hyperanium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hyperanium

@james47: The gas masks are in the game, there are different variants of the gas masks scattered throughout the wasteland, but most of them look like respirators instead of actual gas masks. But if you're playing on a PC (which I'm guessing you are) there are gas mask mods that can fill that void if needed.

P.S. You said that you've never played Fallout before, so you can safely ignore all the comments saying how "Fallout 4 lacks this, it needs this," since you don't know the lore/story and other important factors from old titles such as Fallout 3 and NV. (Including my opinion on how the storytelling is lacking a bit!)

So just play it and have fun. You don't need to play the old games or understand the lore to really enjoy it (although learning it does help with immersion and bonding a personal connection with the in-game characters), so you can just go on crazy adventures throughout the wasteland without a care in the world.

P.S.S. After finishing Fallout 4, I recommend you take a stab at Fallout: NV. The game is severely outdated by today's standard, but the writing for that game is superb, and the modding community is bloody brilliant.

P.S.S.S. If you wish you had [insert item or other options here] for Fallout 4, the modding community probably already made it, check out NexusMods if you're curious about whats in stock.

Oh, and you don't need mods to enjoy the game since the vanilla experience has many hours buckled into it already. But I do recommend installing patches, it doesn't affect the vanilla experience, it just fixes an abundance of annoying bugs/glitches that are in the game.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Yes fallout 4 its worth buying for me

WheatsDaBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40 WheatsDaBoss

Yes is not worth because its a 2014

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

Yes because it's just fun to roam around and explore and get more powerful. It certainly has flaws in the UI and story. Of course there are bugs galore being a Bethesda game. Also, the mod support for the game is outstanding.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I didn't buy the game until very late in 2016. Perhaps, fixes were incorporated in the Steam download. The only drawback I really noticed was the slowdown some parts of the city. I think the game crashed once or twice during the whole SP campaign and none in the subsequent free-explore, probably because there were other tasks going on in my PC.

Also, the protagonist and the game world are different for each Fallout game. No need to play the other Fallout games.

I might recommend playing the early games in such series like Mass Effect, Uncharted, or The Witcher where the protagonist remains the same. Fallout doesn't fall into the same category.

allbulldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 allbulldogg
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

its really worth it and you can def find it for cheap I'm sure.

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

yes.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 James47

@hyperanium: So we talking about 20% gas masks and 80% respirators. ?
(Yes i'm gonna buy on PC.)

hbo007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hbo007
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Awesome insight guys. Thanks.

Hyperanium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hyperanium

@james47: Pretty much. I could only find three variants of the gas mask on the wiki. So most of them are respirators, 80-20 ratio like you've said.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 James47

@hyperanium:
If it's like that i will buy it. I'm kind of a Radiation, post-apocalyptic, Metro 2033 junkie. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thanks for the advice. :)

Avatar image for ht_echolocation
HT_Echolocation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HT_Echolocation

@james47: defo