Is Dark Souls 3 enemies Bloodborne rejects?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

So I have been playing DS3, can't help to notice just how fast the enemies are compared to previous entries. Got used to it quickly due to Bloodborne but I really felt this game should have been renamed Bloodborne part 2 or something. Not to mention the boss fight probably should have been renamed to Bloodborne rejects due to their grosteque/weird appearance changes on later stages. Their behavior is really forcing me to play more agressive compared to DS1&2.

Still it probably have the best bossfight collection in the series. Not played dlc yet but very interested.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

They copied many of the creatures from BB straight to Souls 3. It made Souls 3 feel much cheaper game, as if they did not want to bother to make all monsters from scratch.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

From Software are a developer that commonly tweaks, reuses, and modify existing assets. This assumption is nothing new.

I'm sure someone will post the exact same statement when Sekiro launches. This can even date back to Metal Wolf Chaos reusing Armored Core rejected assets. And yet MWC is considered a masterpiece by many.

Is Dark Souls III using some models that may have been tweaked from Bloodborne, answer is a clear 'yes', with at least some of them.

And yet no one cared when Dark Souls used modified Demon Soul assets and models.

Dark Souls III is still great in my view, arguably the best RPG From Software have developed.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I'd call them copies, rather than rejects.

And Dark Souls was mostly reused Demon's Souls stuff.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I always thought the enemies in all souls games were plenty grotesque.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

using typical Dark Souls armour and weapons against faster more aggressive Bloodborne style enemies made it my favourite Souls (or Souls-like) game.

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

there was an enemy in dark souls 3, the one that ambushes you when you cross the bridge towards the area with Pontiff Sullyvhan, that i though was completely ripped out of Bloodborne, it was a Chalice Dungeon boss or somethin. man... this is a vague post haha

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Dark Souls is spiritual successor to Demon Souls so I get that they copies enemy from it but Bloodborne is a new IP that is unrelated to Dark Souls or Demon Souls. From Software remodel Bloodborne enemies into Dark Souls 3 made it seems like the game felt cheap at times. In previous game I felt shield was important now rolling away from enemy is far safer. Due to this I play DS3 with no shield at all and be more aggressive. Its fun but it really would have benefit more from bloodborne style combat.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#9 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@sakaixx: Not true, Demon's Souls is faster paced than Dark Souls, and much like Bloodborne; Gamers that want an easier time can just grind on health items for easier success.

And I knew a lot of people from PvP in DkSIII that used shields, I PvP'd the game for over two years. As for the enemies, I would state certain elements help that, chugging estus is quicker than in the previous two DkS games, you can walk while chugging. poise is completely different. What I'm getting at is even though DkSIII feels more DkS than BB, it's still a heavily tweaked experience_

But back on shields. Seems you didn't see some of the builds when the player-base was pretty big on the game

Loading Video...

And that was before the TRC DLC.