I'm up to where you first fight Alma in Ninja Gaiden Black. She is NOT as OP as everyone says

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

Quick side note: I've had this game for at least six months now...first time playing it. Trust me so far it's been punishing.

As for Alma, I haven't beaten her yet. But there were at least two pretty close instances where I almost did, and it hasn't even been ten tries already. Every time I get to her in the main monastery hall, I have two Spirit Elixirs on me. (Not a matter of luck, I was smart enough to buy as many as I could with my XP from good ol' Muramasa).

So I took to Ninja Gaiden wiki and saw she's supposedly the toughest boss in the game. I would have laughed at that....but then I saw she has a centipede-like form later where you fight her again.

Am I missing something? Is she stronger in centipede mode? 'Cause I have to say the T-Rex skeleton boss was far more challenging than Naked Pink Bat-Woman. :/

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@sanghelle56: Boss difficulty changes from player to player as exploits and tactics varies, and my assumption is you're on Normal. I wouldn't use the base difficulties for how bosses are rated as most are probably considering Very Hard and Master Ninja settings you'll unlock as you keep playing the game.

Regardless personally find the Bone Dragon quite one note, so is less than a challenge than most. Even on Master Ninja.

And while I did personally think and agree first form Alma is grossly over-exaggerated compared to Awakened Alma; which always took a dozen tries for me on the higher settings, I've also seen some consider the gauntlet in Chapter 15 the hardest part of the game despite separately the bosses being fairly straight forward.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I think I finished the game 13 years ago. I cheesed Alma she got stuck in a glitch in the wall. She was pretty tough from what I remember but I thought the hardest part of the game was the end. I finished the ending with no elixirs. I didn't use a guide and it took me a couple months to play through it. Ninja Gaiden Black and KOTOR were my two favorite games on Xbox. This current generation is seriously lacking in good hack n slash games.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts
@jdc6305 said:

This current generation is seriously lacking in good hack n slash games.

I agree with this statement.