IGN poses the question: Should 360/PC versions of Skyrim be penalized for GOTY?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

[QUOTE="Maximus_Fett"]

I'm sure this would also come under the Buyer's rights or the Sales Act or some sort of other legislation. Basically the legislation says that you can't sell a faulty product (which is obviously unanimously considered to be fair) or a product that is decietful to the buyer, i.e. you cant sell an empty amplifier as an amplifier - you can sell it as an empty amplifier though - if you follow....

So, I think this is being both decietful to the PS3 consumers because Bethesda must have known about these issues OR it is selling a faulty product which is also illegal!

Bethesda should, most certainly, be punished in some way...

Pedro

Now that is overly dramatic and Bethesda is definitely not the first to release non optimal software nor would it be the last. And its very unlikely that anything can be done for software companies have been doing this for the past two decades. In fact all software are release with issues, the real problem lies in what is acceptable bugs and what bugs isn't acceptable. In the end the proof lies heavily on the consumer with regards to the game purposely being released faulty.

Bugs are very common with new releases these days and even more common with large open world games such as Skyrim. All the bugs I have encountered in games prior to skyrim, have hampered the gameplay, lead to a glitch or forced a reset. However, none of these types of bugs render the game unplayable.

This slowdown bug with large save game files renders the game unplayable once it hits. Yes you can technically start a new game making the game playable, but what is the point if you can't advance once you get to a certain point within the game?

This completely has ruined my Skyrim experience

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

The 360 and PC versions should probably be penalized for all their other hilariously bad bugs, regardless of PS3 slowdown.

Avatar image for nathandrakelive
nathandrakelive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 nathandrakelive
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

The 360 and PC versions should probably be penalized for all their other hilariously bad bugs, regardless of PS3 slowdown.

syztem
That's funny because I usually encounter a glitch after every 40 or so hours of play which is next to nothing. I really think most of the Skyrim haters are people who haven't played it and watch youtube videos of the bugs and think they happen every minute. This is crazy.