I must know all Legacy Platform posters that own a Saturn.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thenumber48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thenumber48
Member since 2012 • 160 Posts
Do you own a Saturn? If so mention it. I want to make sure no future Saturn related topics are dead on arrival, and I would like some kind of number.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
These threads you're making aren't really going to help activity here, they're just filling board space and aren't really stuff we can discus. Just post a topic on whatever consoles you want to and people will reply, even if people don't own them, most people here have played a fair share of Legacy platforms and know about the consoles. Especially the Saturn. Not trying to act like an ass or anything, just sayin'.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dudersaper
That said, I don't own a Saturn currently, but I spent a big part of my childhood playing Saturn.
Thenumber48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thenumber48
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]These threads you're making aren't really going to help activity here, they're just filling board space and aren't really stuff we can discus. Just post a topic on whatever consoles you want to and people will reply, even if people don't own them, most people here have played a fair share of Legacy platforms and know about the consoles. Especially the Saturn. Not trying to act like an ass or anything, just sayin'.

You don't exactly know what I am trying to do so filling the board with space" seems like an odd thing to say. I understand your point, yet I need to know this for a different reason. Im not using Legacy platforms to fill up Legacy platforms. There's no one here. So the plan is to get people from other forums here. Information like this is good too know.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dudersaper
I just don't get why you feel the need to do that though. You barely joined here. This board is pretty active already. Hey, I won't argue though, more activity the better, just as long as we don't get trolls comming along.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Ever heard of guy named Another48hours? Just wondering.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dudersaper
Oh, I just read the username :P Hadn't noticed the number.
Thenumber48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thenumber48
Oh, I just read the username :P Hadn't noticed the number.Dudersaper
No, I'm not familiar of this place so i wouldn't know who you are talking about. but it would be nice to have a place to talk about systems of the past again. This is the closets I have gotten, and this place from the last few days of looking has shown nothing.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Yes I have a Saturn.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

I do own a Saturn...I really want to take it out of hiding but it's at my parent's house, which is a couple hours away (and I don't drive).

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Used to own a Saturn, still have my PS1 and Genesis.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

I have a Saturn and some 90 or so games for it.

N-K0d3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N-K0d3R
Member since 2004 • 500 Posts

I have two, both have technical problems, one is a bit more functional than the other, but I think that it too has some serious problems with the lens or some other component as it stops running in mid-game and says the cd door is open. Currently searching for a more functional one so I can play my collection. I love playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 with my official Sega Arcade Stick on it.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

I have a saturn with around 70 games. many people here own a saturn

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bultje112

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]Oh, I just read the username :P Hadn't noticed the number.Thenumber48
No, I'm not familiar of this place so i wouldn't know who you are talking about. but it would be nice to have a place to talk about systems of the past again. This is the closets I have gotten, and this place from the last few days of looking has shown nothing.

check system boards of gamefaqs and sega-16

http://segasaturngroup.proboards.com/index.cgi#segasaturn

this is a good sega saturn forum

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bultje112

I do own a Saturn...I really want to take it out of hiding but it's at my parent's house, which is a couple hours away (and I don't drive).

Andrew_Xavier

tell them to bring it to you

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#17 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
[QUOTE="Thenumber48"][QUOTE="Dudersaper"]These threads you're making aren't really going to help activity here, they're just filling board space and aren't really stuff we can discus. Just post a topic on whatever consoles you want to and people will reply, even if people don't own them, most people here have played a fair share of Legacy platforms and know about the consoles. Especially the Saturn. Not trying to act like an ass or anything, just sayin'.

You don't exactly know what I am trying to do so filling the board with space" seems like an odd thing to say. I understand your point, yet I need to know this for a different reason. Im not using Legacy platforms to fill up Legacy platforms. There's no one here. So the plan is to get people from other forums here. Information like this is good too know.

Actually, a lot of people are on Legacy Platforms, they mostly read the posts and take a while to reply back. Patience, mate. I'm quite happy with the activity level here, it's easy to keep up with. Anyway, I have owned a Saturn through wistful emulation, but not in reality. I've played a lot of its games though, so I'm happy to discuss :P
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"][QUOTE="Thenumber48"][QUOTE="Dudersaper"]These threads you're making aren't really going to help activity here, they're just filling board space and aren't really stuff we can discus. Just post a topic on whatever consoles you want to and people will reply, even if people don't own them, most people here have played a fair share of Legacy platforms and know about the consoles. Especially the Saturn. Not trying to act like an ass or anything, just sayin'.

Actually, a lot of people are on Legacy Platforms, they mostly read the posts and take a while to reply back. Patience, mate. I'm quite happy with the activity level here, it's easy to keep up with. Anyway, I have owned a Saturn through wistful emulation, but not in reality. I've played a lot of its games though, so I'm happy to discuss :P

meh , Saturn emulation is not very good, its generally glitchy and the games sometimes don't look the same as the originals. nothing beats owning the original .
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Spinnerweb"][QUOTE="Thenumber48"] You don't exactly know what I am trying to do so filling the board with space" seems like an odd thing to say. I understand your point, yet I need to know this for a different reason. Im not using Legacy platforms to fill up Legacy platforms. There's no one here. So the plan is to get people from other forums here. Information like this is good too know.

meh , Saturn emulation is not very good, its generally glitchy and the games sometimes don't look the same as the originals. nothing beats owning the original .

I agree. And you get the satisfaction into the bonus :D
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Could've bought one for 20 dollars the other day. But its hard to come by Saturn games where I am from.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Spinnerweb"] Actually, a lot of people are on Legacy Platforms, they mostly read the posts and take a while to reply back. Patience, mate. I'm quite happy with the activity level here, it's easy to keep up with. Anyway, I have owned a Saturn through wistful emulation, but not in reality. I've played a lot of its games though, so I'm happy to discuss :P

I agree. And you get the satisfaction into the bonus :D

its not even about any sort of satisfaction , its simply because alot of the time, the games do not feel the same, this is even more so with the Saturn , where emulation still has a long way to go (most Saturn games being run on an emulator have alot of visual glitches, sometimes they don't work at all, at least the ones I saw).
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bultje112

then I have truly no idea what emulators you try but saturn emulation was already 95% perfect back in 2003. I can only imagine it's perfect now. however I prefer to play on original systems but that's just a personal thing.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Darkman2007

then I have truly no idea what emulators you try but saturn emulation was already 95% perfect back in 2003. I can only imagine it's perfect now. however I prefer to play on original systems but that's just a personal thing.

bultje112
Ive seen a number of them , all of them gave similar results, some games looked fine, some had glitches, some didn't work at all.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I own a japanese saturn with a lot of import games.

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts
I have a Saturn, with a grand total of 4 games for it! ;)
syphic2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 syphic2003
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts

I have a Saturn and about 40 games.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
I own one
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
I own a saturn but with only 4 games! Sega rally Virtua racing Virtua fighter 2 Black Dawn
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I had a Saturn growing up, but sold it to raise money for a psx. I later imported a Japanese Saturn because a lot of the good games are Japanese exclusive and even a lot of them that did see an American release are much cheaper from Japan. Some of my favorites are the Shining Force III trilogy, Lunar: Magic School and Albert Odyssey.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Yes, I have a Saturn. I bought one a few years ago.
KPAXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 KPAXMAN
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts

Darkman2007
You make me seriously jealous. I only have a paultry 20 or so games for my Saturn. Are most of your games import or US? I always regret not buying more RPGs when they originally came out, because now they are so expensive on Ebay. One of these days, I need to splurge and start price hunting. I've been wanting to expand my collection for years.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

KPAXMAN
You make me seriously jealous. I only have a paultry 20 or so games for my Saturn. Are most of your games import or US? I always regret not buying more RPGs when they originally came out, because now they are so expensive on Ebay. One of these days, I need to splurge and start price hunting. I've been wanting to expand my collection for years.

well I don't live in the US , so the norm for me are PAL games but in regards to the the ratio or games Ive got its 37 PAL games, 2 US games (basically Astal and Albert Odyssey, which weren't released over here) and 52 Japanese games leading to a grand total of 91 games (I probably missed one or two , but thats more or less it )
Thenumber48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Thenumber48
[QUOTE="KPAXMAN"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

well I don't live in the US , so the norm for me are PAL games but in regards to the the ratio or games Ive got its 37 PAL games, 2 US games (basically Astal and Albert Odyssey, which weren't released over here) and 52 Japanese games leading to a grand total of 91 games (I probably missed one or two , but thats more or less it )

Yeah, I would think since less games were released in Pal, on my end I have near 100 games and all of them are Ntsc-U so it depends where you come from. Sometimes.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Thenumber48"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="KPAXMAN"] You make me seriously jealous. I only have a paultry 20 or so games for my Saturn. Are most of your games import or US? I always regret not buying more RPGs when they originally came out, because now they are so expensive on Ebay. One of these days, I need to splurge and start price hunting. I've been wanting to expand my collection for years.

Yeah, I would think since less games were released in Pal, on my end I have near 100 games and all of them are Ntsc-U so it depends where you come from. Sometimes.

actually only a few games were released in the US but not in the PAL regions, the only ones I can think of are the baseball games from Sega (obviously not exactly a popular sport outside the US and Japan)
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bultje112

and in some rare cases there are games that came out in europe but not us, like deep fear and jewels of the oracle, which I own both and are really awesome and rare

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darkman2007

and in some rare cases there are games that came out in europe but not us, like deep fear and jewels of the oracle, which I own both and are really awesome and rare

bultje112
I think that just like Europe didnt get the Baseball games, I don't think the US got the WWS games either.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#37 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I own a Saturn with about six Japanese games, Action Replay Plus, and seven US games.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I do. I've had it since '95, but I don't own many games for it.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

Darkman2007

I think that just like Europe didnt get the Baseball games, I don't think the US got the WWS games either.

the baseball games were released in the netherlands at least. maybe not in uk where nobody cares about baseball

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
moi
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

moiJigglyWiggly_

For real? Weren't you on an anti-Saturn crusade a few months back?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]moiEmerald_Warrior

saturn has no good games except nights well worth it for just nights tho
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]moiJigglyWiggly_

either you have some very odd tastes in games, or your collection stinks, if you can only find one game you like out of a library of 500+ games.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Darkman2007

either you have some very odd tastes in games, or your collection stinks, if you can only find one game you like out of a library of 500+ games.

wat i rike
Super competitive fps rike quake live, here is mehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on1dT4lLuWAi rike css too
platformers with likeable characters: klonoa 2, sparkster, rocket knight, sanic hedgehog. dislike: rayman, maweo, all of them, 2 slow, also mario 64 is an abomination, input lag fest.
atmosphere gaimz like STALKER

saturn offers nothing that I like except for Nights, it be cool bcuz it takes skill and is very polished , and feels like work was put into the gaem, and nice atmosphere, also epic controls, and ofc made by sonic team before they sucked.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] saturn has no good games except nights well worth it for just nights thoJigglyWiggly_

wat i rike
Super competitive fps rike quake live, here is mehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on1dT4lLuWAi rike css too
platformers with likeable characters: klonoa 2, sparkster, rocket knight, sanic hedgehog. dislike: rayman, maweo, all of them, 2 slow, also mario 64 is an abomination, input lag fest.

saturn offers nothing that I like except for Nights, it be cool bcuz it takes skill and is very polished , and feels like work was put into the gaem, and nice atmosphere, also epic controls, and ofc made by sonic team before they sucked.

honestly, I can't understand a single bit of what you wrote , is English your first language?
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] either you have some very odd tastes in games, or your collection stinks, if you can only find one game you like out of a library of 500+ games.Darkman2007

wat i rike

honestly, I can't understand a single bit of what you wrote , is English your first language?

Nah, he's just writing in that trendy leave-out-the-vowels use-abbreviations text-message style of writing that I hate so much :evil:
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] either you have some very odd tastes in games, or your collection stinks, if you can only find one game you like out of a library of 500+ games.Darkman2007

wat i rike

guess u have low iq if u cuunt understand moi
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

wat i rike

saturn offers nothing that I like except for Nights, it be cool bcuz it takes skill and is very polished , and feels like work was put into the gaem, and nice atmosphere, also epic controls, and ofc made by sonic team before they sucked.JigglyWiggly_

actually my IQ is 107 if I remember correctly (so above average) and Im soon going to end university with a politics degree, so Im not what you would call stupid. seems to me you just can't type properly.. and its funny because English is not even my first language per se.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] honestly, I can't understand a single bit of what you wrote , is English your first language?

actually my IQ is 107 if I remember correctly (so above average) and Im soon going to end university with a politics degree, so Im not what you would call stupid. seems to me you just can't type properly.. and its funny because English is not even my first language per se.

I love how people on this board who have English as their second language are more proficient than those who have it as their first.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] honestly, I can't understand a single bit of what you wrote , is English your first language?

wat does "per se" mean