RickGotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RickGotti
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts

It has ruined all other games for me with it's greatness. I will never forgive it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

I hate Divinity 2

Clickbait title, however clever use of baiting the forum. And for a brilliant game like this, it's welcome.

I suppose for console only Gamers this just came out recently as well.

Divinity: Original Sin II has one of the best turn-based systems I've seen used in any RPG (very faithful towards Dungeons and Dragons). And the freedom the player(s) have is second to no game I've ever played in the genre.

Truly a remarkable game. Many in the community here are only disservicing themselves by avoiding it

RickGotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RickGotti

@RSM-HQ:

Wasn't trying to razz anyone. The greatness of this game needs to be known by all. I assume all here already know about it. I have no mountaintop to scream it from so I just screamed it here.

Apologies to anyone that hates clickbait

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I'm still trying to get my brother to play through Divinity:OS Enhanced Edition with me in co-op.

He keeps wanting to, but we have so many other co-op games we need to beat....we're almost done with Styx: Shards of Darkness, so maybe we'll finally get to D:OS EE. Then we can look into picking up the second one.

I got pretty far into D:OS, but my brother begged me not to beat it so we could co-op......I'm getting impatient because I want to play through it and then get my hands on the second one.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
@RickGotti said: I assume all here already know about it.

You'd be deeply surprised.

Even those that do have a mixed reaction from GD, what I've seen can only think of a handful that whistled its praise

One poster I recall named Divinity: Original Sin II "the worst game of 2018". Another dismissed the game over camera preference. And some just stating it's an ugly looking game. Goes without question most here simply haven't played it. Even when it was a P.C. only game (getting release marketing) D:OSII was overlooked and sales reflect that.

D:OSII lacks the needed zeitgeist and big advertising bigwig gets. Its re-release will go unnoticed seeing as games like Smash Ultimate, Red Dead, and Spiderman will wash over it. Not to mention the yearly EA, Activision, and Ubisoft games.

Which is a shame considering it's clearly a beloved game, made with a lot of passion and professional craftsmanship in game design_

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the game, it's a personal favorite of mine also ツ

For this game, it's a good thing. We need more talking about Divinity: OSII, whether that be positive or negative opinions on the game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Haha. Might as well just give it a few more play-throughs...

Solo lone wolf build, motivated by one thing: The complete eradication of all NPCs from the world :)

Or maybe you'll have to check out the custom maps and other mods on the Steam workshop.

Or maybe you can get a group of friends in on the Game Master mode to give it a more table-toppy experience.

Thank to the great developers at Larian, Divinity Original Sin 2 basically has the potential for endless content.

You don't need those other games.

RickGotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RickGotti

@pyro1245 said:

Haha. Might as well just give it a few more play-throughs...

Solo lone wolf build, motivated by one thing: The complete eradication of all NPCs from the world :)

Or maybe you'll have to check out the custom maps and other mods on the Steam workshop.

Or maybe you can get a group of friends in on the Game Master mode to give it a more table-toppy experience.

Thank to the great developers at Larian, Divinity Original Sin 2 basically has the potential for endless content.

You don't need those other games.

I'm burning all my other games tonight as a sacrifice to D2

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 MisterVulpes
Member since 2018 • 797 Posts

It is a truly special game.

One little nitpick is that I felt some of the endings are very limiting considering just how much variation in detail is pulled off successfully as a result of your choices throughout the rest of the game.

It vaguely aggravated me but then, the journey to get there was so good.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

@RickGotti said:

@RSM-HQ:

Wasn't trying to razz anyone. The greatness of this game needs to be known by all. I assume all here already know about it. I have no mountaintop to scream it from so I just screamed it here.

You talking about the actual Divinity 2, which is a third-person action-rpg where you can turn into a dragon and stuff, or...

...Divinity: Original Sin 2, which plays like a really epic awesome amazing best-ever pen-and-paper DnD RPG?

Both are pretty awesome, but Divinity 2 is showing it's age and small-studio roots. Divinity: OS 2 is still arguably the best game to come out in the last decade.

michaelisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By michaelisaac
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts
I see this is a very interesting game. I played it for quite a long time
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
@mrbojangles25 said:

You talking about the actual Divinity 2, which is a third-person action-rpg where you can turn into a dragon and stuff, or...

...Divinity: Original Sin 2, which plays like a really epic awesome amazing best-ever pen-and-paper DnD RPG?

Considering Divinity: Original Sin II just got a re-release, and OP hasn't corrected us talking about turnbase gameplay and @Pyro1245s mention of Game Master Mode, it goes without saying.

I checked the link and it's cool a Divinity series was before Original Sin by Larian Studios. But those older titles seem to be pretty clunky much like Gothic series, I think it's good they essentially did a soft reboot and went with a completely different set of RPG mechanics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Dunno if i should pick it up for PC or PS4.

RickGotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RickGotti

@Gamerno6666 said:

Dunno if i should pick it up for PC or PS4.

I'm playing it on PS4. They did a great job of getting the controls mapped to a controller. No complaints

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Gamerno6666: Read the console port is pretty good so best advice I would say is pick the platform you can maybe play a campaign with a friend or three.

P.C. version does have its usual advantages but if the console port is stable and OP is having a good time, that's all that really matters in my opinion.

Avatar image for shiftytoaster95
shiftytoaster95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shiftytoaster95
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

After Skyrim and the Last of Us I did not expect a game that could absorb me so much as Divinity. The first one was a masterpiece already and the second takes it to another level. So glad that games like this are being made. They need to get much more attention.

Zeggelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zeggelaar
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

I couldn't get into any of the Divinity games

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ
@zeggelaar said:

I couldn't get into any of the Divinity games

Wild guess. Probably just not your genre of preference, and that's ok.

If someone likes Strategy RPGs though? it's a pretty awesome game.

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MisterVulpes
Member since 2018 • 797 Posts

@zeggelaar:

Original Sin or Divinity as a whole? They’re very different.

And FYI, I thought Divinity was w*nk.

But both the original sin games are masterpieces.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I tried playing it on PS4 and I can't figure it out. I made it off the boat but can't get past the next section. I can't win any of the battles in town.