I did not enjoy Skyrim AT ALL.

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snookdogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 snookdogg
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Strangely, I loved Oblivion, tracked Skyrim for months and bought it on day of release. Now, i put 120hrs into Oblivion, and they flew by...but after 10hrs in Skyrim, it just felt dated, like i'd been there before. I had also happened to rent Kingdoms of Amalur at the same time, and i ended up trading my Skyrim for a copy of that, and went on to put 150hrs into it(immense game by the way) So, I dont think Skyrim was bad, just that it had been overtaken. Better combat in KOA, and better gameplay in Dark Souls.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
[QUOTE="snookdogg"]Strangely, I loved Oblivion, tracked Skyrim for months and bought it on day of release. Now, i put 120hrs into Oblivion, and they flew by...but after 10hrs in Skyrim, it just felt dated, like i'd been there before.

I felt that exact way but with Oblivion. I came off the greatness of Morrowind where I spent over 300 hours and could not get into Oblivion at all.
nadal97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 nadal97
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts
Let me start by saying this is not a rant,.kdallstar97
this is a rant...
fitzggp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 fitzggp
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I never post in forums, but renting Skyrim for a half hour pushed me to say something. As the bar gets raised constantly, I don't have time for games that don't match the current standards for mechanics and visuals. Skyrim looks and acts like a 10 year old high school project. The production value is laughable. I hate games with dragons, magic, zombies, aliens, etc.....but that has nothing to do with my comments.

I rented it because I wondered why it is popular. Now I wonder even more.

MysticTopaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 MysticTopaz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Got to agree with some of the things that you have said. Although I am a MASSIVE fan of ALL of TES games my all time fave has to be Morrowind closely followed by Oblivion, in fact i'm playing them both all over again. Skyrim seems depressing and too samey (is that even a word). Whereas both Oblivion and Morrowind had diverse enviroments and some pretty good add-ons (not loving dawnguard or the useless house). I have spent over 200 hours on Skyrim and I am about 2/3 of the way through it, I have never managed to complete Oblivion or Morrowind thanks to my xbox corrupting the files. I play em on my xbox, I love vanilla play its fun, only TES game ive had on pc was morrowind and all expansions and i didn't bother modding that although i did use some of the cheats lol. What I do like about Skyrim is that it is so big, its probably one of the biggest games if you finish ALL the Quests and take time to explore everywhere, and if thats what you like to do then this is a game for you if not then you'd be better off leaving it alone.

jayoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 jayoliver
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

I agree with a lot of you that think Skyrim doesn't feel like the old TES games. I loved morrowind and I played Oblivion to the point of not knowing if I were in a game or not when out in the park lookin' at a flower (I didn't recognise) wondering if I should pick it up or not.

But, when I bought Skyrim and started playing... something was missing. I still can't put my finger on it, but I tried.. for several days of gameplay I tried.. to like it. But I didn't really...

Maby it's all about things have changed since oblivion.. Like - I've played Demon's souls/Dark souls.. Some things might be a bit more shallow now than what I was used to. I think a great game in the past might be just that. A great game in the past. Let them be that.

Skyrim on the other hand does at least one thing extremely right. Still bringing the game to the gamers in full. With the modding tools and what not. More open-source-ish to the people and we can see great things in the future!

Finnorrofl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Finnorrofl
Passive aggressive troll. Good job. Looks like you got a couple people worked up. Play the game more or stop talking about it.
flipsthebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 flipsthebird
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I liked Skyrim, but not as much as Oblivion. The whole dragon thing was cool at first, but got old rather quick. I thought about getting the DLC when it was on sale on STEAM, but decided against it. I may have put in 100 hours into Skyrim, but I did not search every nook and cranny several times over like I did in Oblivion which i put in several hundred hours.. It could be the been there done that scenario, but it could just be it wasn't as interesting.

Shell_Kracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shell_Kracker
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

I enjoyed the game enough, but it was shallow, no personality characters, to many fedex quests and writing is the usual token Bethesda quality.

orbit991

Yup - I find the same problem with all open-world games.

I try to avoid them like the plague these days, having learned my lesson more than once, but my friend convinced me to get Skyrim - I regret it.

What compounds this problem for me, in TES games, is that unlike grinding in some RPGs where acquiring XP and loot can be quite satisfying, in TES games, an enemy that can be killed at level 50 can be killed at level 1.

So what is the point?

No narrative quality, no gameplay qualiy. The open world is a gimmick. On paper, being able to just 'go anywhere' in say Tolkien's Middle Earth, would be awesome. But in practice, games like this turn into huge boring voids, because there isn't an Oxford professor and genius author writing your adventure.

Arsyad00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#60 Arsyad00
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

juz another fps

Withoutfcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Withoutfcf
Yeah, I was very bored with this game.. I have been thinking about giving it another try but the first time I played it for 10 hours and was bored the entire time.. I guess I just like Fallout Rpg.. instead of this one
Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts

that's weird i didn't make it to the end of skyrim as in the credits but i played it for like 30 hours and had a good time.

PunkStream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PunkStream
Member since 2012 • 61 Posts

I agree with you. Skyrim is a decent game, but not my kind. The world is magical, but the personalities and atmoshpere are really quite dull. Plus, I prefer games with a more in-depth story and character development. Mass Effect is my perfect game. For a Medieval RPG, I like Dragons Dogma. It require more skill and more addictive. (for me that is)

SkySonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SkySonata
I enjoyed playing Skyirm, but it was to easy for me. It was a bit hard in the beginning, but then I started crafting and enchanting things, and everything got sooo easy, that I managed to slay the final dragon with two swings of my dual swords. That was even kind of boring and dissatisfying.
Avatar image for Scholar_Of_Time
Scholar_Of_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 Scholar_Of_Time
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

I don't care what other people tell me, but Skyrim's mods are what let you play the game YOUR way...

Dull combat?? There's a mod to fix that

Dull Character progression?? There's a mod to fix that..

Not enough choices?? The modding community will gift you TONS more for free!!

Want to simply live a carefree life in Skyrim?? There's a mod for that too..

Hate the scaled leveling system?? There's a mod to get rid of that or make it better.

Want tougher Dragons to slay?? There's a mod for that..

Hate the Race's starting specialties?? There's a mod to revamp every race while keeping it lore-friendly..

IT FIXES ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU FIND ANNOYING, THAT'S THE EXACT REASON WHY PEOPLE OWNING THE PC VERSION (includingme) ARE INCAPABLE OF SHUTTING UP ABOUT IT...

------------------

P.S. - The Console versions of the game CAN be modded buuut....its complicated. But hey, its a start right?......right??....

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

I don't care what other people tell me, but Skyrim's mods are what let you play the game YOUR way...

Hate the scaled leveling system?? There's a mod to get rid of that or make it better.

Hate the Race's starting specialties?? There's a mod to revamp every race while keeping it lore-friendly..

IT FIXES ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU FIND ANNOYING, THAT'S THE EXACT REASON WHY PEOPLE OWNING THE PC VERSION (includingme) ARE INCAPABLE OF SHUTTING UP ABOUT IT...

------------------

P.S. - The Console versions of the game CAN be modded buuut....its complicated. But hey, its a start right?......right??....

Scholar_Of_Time
Some people want a complete product, and not have to do the work the devs should be doing.
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

its a great game. but to understand it you have to play more of it haha give it a chance. like that guy said 3 hours of a 200+ hour game

draughtfiber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 draughtfiber
Member since 2012 • 48 Posts
[QUOTE="Scholar_Of_Time"]

------------------

weezyfb
Some people want a complete product, and not have to do the work the devs should be doing.

Bethesda made a game that appeals to wide audience, Mods allow you to change the game to meet your individual needs.
Guerdonmyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Guerdonmyth
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
It's the combat system that makes it boring. The setting is fine and story isn't so bad either.
Avatar image for SpinalTapTapTap
SpinalTapTapTap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SpinalTapTapTap
Member since 2012 • 41 Posts
Skyrim Pros: + Comes with Creation Kit + Huge open world. Skyrim Cons: - Dragons are bloody annoying , appear every 5 mins and are always killing the people in towns. - You feel as if you have no impact on the world and NPC's treat you the same no matter what you have done. - Loot in game is boring. Smithing makes loot useless. - Most NPC's are boring. Skyrim is just kinda....boring. I still play it from time to time but they need to create a better atmosphere. Make a story and characters that are interesting. Some of the Thieves Guild and DB were good and I liked Karliah. But the annoying dragons that always show up....get rid of em. Worse then cliff racers.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts
Some people want a complete product, and not have to do the work the devs should be doing.weezyfb
Alternatively, there's always: "You can't polish a turd" Uh, not that I think Skyrim was a terrible game. It was definitely better than Oblivion (which couldn't enthrall me no matter how many mods I threw at it). I do think it was spectaculatly overrated though. It does what it does, and nothing more. It's an open world to explore, with entertaining-ish combat, pretty good graphics, and plenty of content - but it certainly goes for quantity over quality, and nothing about it shines because of that. The roleplaying options are exceptionally weak, the story lacklustre, the programming utterly woeful, the difficulty curve outright fails, and worst of all, nothing you do makes any significant difference to Skyrim's almost entirely static world. I mean, really, the only remotely outstanding thing about the game is its size, and it isn't even the biggest game in its own series. So...ehh, I don't really see the point of wasting any more time with it trying to mod the game into something more entertaining, when there are 20+ years worth of better open-world RPGs out there to keep me occupied for the next few lifetimes. Still, I wouldn't not recommend it to people. I got my money's worth - even if I did spend about 60 of those hours laughing at all of the bugs and design flaws.
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
Aside from all the PS3 issues it was ok. I did not like the over simplified leveling system, nor the condensing of the skills. Wielding a mace, would of course be different than wielding a sword. Alsot he story felt epic, but the final battle as so anti climatic for me. Fighting dragons got boring quickly, to the point that when I had the roaming dragons start to attack me I would just walk away while they went to char a deer. The battles were too easy as well, even on master the game was a little pansy walk I actually have to handicap myself to make the game feel like I'm actually trying to survive. All in All I have to say this is the worst of the 3 lastest games in the series :P I liked oblivion best for its system, while still keeping a decent amount of skills. Morrowind second for it's heavy lore based reading, and the sheer amount of skills. Skyrim starts to feel like a chore after a while since you can max skills quickly, and all thats left to do after that is dungeon crawling for cheap artifacts.
Avatar image for kingWithNoCrown
kingWithNoCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kingWithNoCrown
im glad i wasnt the only one. i did not enjoy this game in the slightest...
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#74 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Skyrim remains of my favourite all times games...but each to their own.
yummifullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 yummifullz
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts
For running a game with so much potential? *Ruining* and that is simply your worthless invalid opinion which you are completely entitled to. I'm sorry that you don't like the game and can't get into it, but I'm not going to try to get you to like it so you're interested in playing. Maybe someone who wants you to enjoy it will offer some inspiring thoughts...