I am so pumped for Watch Dogs

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpaceCatThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SpaceCatThe1st
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Watch dogs looks like a game that could be played for hours upon hours without getting boring. I am considering pre-ordering it. What are your thoughts on Watch Dogs?

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

It looks interesting to say the least but I'll wait a while before deciding on a purchase.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

The Trick to staving off boredom in Open World games is alternating between multiple tasks in short periods of time.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It looks nice but I doubt I will get the game.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

I'd say wait for the reviews , it's damn promising and i'm expecting an average score of 9 !

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Too be honest i'm just wanting to see videos of the PC version because that looks amazing. But for the actual game itself? I need to see some actual people playing it first.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@ blangenakker

Its not that simple with open world games. The Majority of people think Open World automatically makes it worth playing. They'l add Open World to anything and everything if you let them.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

The game has always been a pre-order for me, even through these tough times of graphics comparison (I've pre-ordered it for the PS4).
I would very much like for the game to look like the E3 preview, but I have come to accept that this is highly unlikely :/
Nonetheless; the gameplay looks absolutely amazing, a fresh take on open-world, giving the player one more level of control. I am very positive :)

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blangenakker

@Lulu_Lulu: I'm not sure what part you're replying to? o.o

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Defiantly going to pick it up day 1. I expect it to get at least 8/10. Will see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

i'm not overly excited about the game itself, but i really wanna play it just to see what it looks like when everything is maxed out lol

vickyjohn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vickyjohn1
Member since 2014 • 38 Posts

In watch dogs game ,the Aiden Pearce (game character) can control other peoples mind it seems.. However Aiden Pearce controlled my mind to pre order the game ... =D

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

My hype for this game has dropped considerably. I'm going to wait for reviews and a price drop. Ubisoft games tend to drop in price or go on sale pretty quickly.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I've lost almost all interest in the game. I'll still get it eventually if it doesn't turn out terrible.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15  Edited By amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

The delay killed a lot of my anticipation but I'll still pick it up on release or some time after.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#16 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I am so getting it ;D

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Considering what's out there now in terms of PS4 games, I think I might be getting this one. Like others said, it will depend on how well it's received by people.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I am not

It's made milkisoft/boringsoft so no

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

btw, i wonder why a newish i7 is recommended for Watch Dogs on PC, but then the game is also releasing on Wii U... it doesn't add up.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

My interest has fallen off a bit, too. What was an automatic day 1 purchase is now going to be wait-and-see for me.

I really feel like Ubisoft will not be able to deliver on what they have said/shown. I also feel like all the best hacking will be part of scripted scenes. So I'll wait and hopefully be proven wrong. I really like the concept and hope it's as good as it can be.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I was interested until the delay. The recently announced season pass has convinced me to wait for a price drop or the GOTY edition if gameplay videos are to my liking.

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rockinpapa
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

I was really pumped up about the game at the first glance, then when some graphics comparison and overall skepticism came over the Internet I, myself, became skeptical too, but now when I see all this truly great gameplay I know it will be great!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Definitely on my wish list.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I'm bored with it and haven't even played it yet. The entire spying aspect is intriguing but honestly when the Supreme Court just tossed out Net Neutrality and nobody cares about it what's the point? Net Neutrality never existed and anybody who paid attention to reality has known that for at least the past decade or so. The internet/mobile is corporate/government controlled. I don't see a point in playing the game.

People should be outraged about so many things regarding our actual lack of tangible freedoms. Choices that matter, not commercial choices and product placement.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I haven't looked into this game that much, but the screenshots look good. Does anyone know if there will be stunts in this game? One of the things I liked the most about GTA was the crazy stunts you could do once you had finished the main game. I'd like to see a full fledged tony hawk-esque system in place for stunts.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@yixingtpot said:

I'm bored with it and haven't even played it yet. The entire spying aspect is intriguing but honestly when the Supreme Court just tossed out Net Neutrality and nobody cares about it what's the point? Net Neutrality never existed and anybody who paid attention to reality has known that for at least the past decade or so. The internet/mobile is corporate/government controlled. I don't see a point in playing the game.

People should be outraged about so many things regarding our actual lack of tangible freedoms. Choices that matter, not commercial choices and product placement.

To have fun and enjoy its mechanics and gameplay?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm more interested in Wolfenstein the new order.

aatire80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 aatire80
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

No offense to Ubi fans but I believe Ubisoft games tend to get repetitive pretty soon like in FC3 or AC series..Although i am really looking out for WD i have a tiny feeling that it will disappoint although i hope that does not happen.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: sometimes open world games are the emptiest games going, big open spaces with not much to do in them are the worst.

But I'm pretty excited for watch dogs hopefully it's amazing. I'm gonna try and wait and not just get it on day one release, wait and see what a few reviews say.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lulu_Lulu

@Ariabed

I just hope its as Open Ended as it as Open World. But I doubt that.... Still should be good though.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Another open world Ubisoft game.... I'll pass

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@spacecatthe1st said:

Watch dogs looks like a game that could be played for hours upon hours without getting boring. I am considering pre-ordering it. What are your thoughts on Watch Dogs?

Watch Dogs looks fun if you are drunk and have 60 quid you don't want.

Ubisoft so ruined my hype over this game with is insane bad graphics and then its "oh you need a Titan to be able to run this fully"

SpaceCatThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpaceCatThe1st

@Jacanuk: I agree that 60 is a lot for the game/games in general. But also this game will provide plenty of content for my YouTube channel and I enjoy the Assassin's Creed series and Watch Dogs reminds me of this. I will probably be waiting for it's release and a few days after before buying though.

SpaceCatThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SpaceCatThe1st
@ariabed said:

@Lulu_Lulu: sometimes open world games are the emptiest games going, big open spaces with not much to do in them are the worst.

But I'm pretty excited for watch dogs hopefully it's amazing. I'm gonna try and wait and not just get it on day one release, wait and see what a few reviews say.

Yes open world games can be like that (Amazing Spider-man 2 is extremely underpopulated) but watch dogs looks like a game that has plenty of content, well it better with this long of a wait on it.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

I'll wait for a Steam sale, no rush.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jacanuk

@spacecatthe1st: Ok, good luck competing with the million and 2 other youtubers trying to get watch dogs content and make it popular.

But honestly i think im going to wait, i have plenty of indie games to get me past E3 and Gamescom.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blangenakker

@groowagon said:

btw, i wonder why a newish i7 is recommended for Watch Dogs on PC, but then the game is also releasing on Wii U... it doesn't add up.

They're allowed to downground the game for it ya know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@blangenakker said:

@groowagon said:

it's just that the core gameworld is designed to work with the lowest common denominator (PS3? Wii U?), so it makes you think what additional sweets can there possibly be on top of that so that modern i7 would be required to run them smoothly.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'm with you TC, you can hack EVERY NPC, this game could be played days on end without getting bored. Don't have to pre-order it though I'm sure their will be enough copies to meet demands.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blangenakker

@groowagon said:

@blangenakker said:

@groowagon said:

it's just that the core gameworld is designed to work with the lowest common denominator (PS3? Wii U?), so it makes you think what additional sweets can there possibly be on top of that so that modern i7 would be required to run them smoothly.

Probably some flashy graphics

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#41 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

@HipHopBeats said:

I was interested until the delay. The recently announced season pass has convinced me to wait for a price drop or the GOTY edition if gameplay videos are to my liking.

I'm in the same boat as you, man. I was super pumped about "Watch Dogs" for variety of reasons (It's located in Chicago & never got to play all GTA games). When it was delayed late last year, it bummed me out (iron out the bugs & less glitches are more important). I might rent it later this month.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@gajbutler said:

I'll wait for a Steam sale, no rush.

I feel the same way. It's not that the game looks bad or anything. But, there is just nothing about it that grabs my attention.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I'm with you TC, you can hack EVERY NPC, this game could be played days on end without getting bored. Don't have to pre-order it though I'm sure their will be enough copies to meet demands.

Yes, but without preordering it, you won't be able to get the limited edition weapon skin that does nothing to enhance your overall gameplay! lol

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Yes, but without preordering it, you won't be able to get the limited edition weapon skin that does nothing to enhance your overall gameplay! lol

Hahaha, well said.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Yeah me too. It seems like the 'present day' Assassin's Creed everyone said they wanted, but they spun it off into a whole new game. Which is great... AC is getting a bit stale.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

It's on my radar.

I think introducing the idea of hacking into an open-world, dynamic environment is a pretty clever idea actually that holds tremendous potential for interesting emergent gameplay possibilities. Just a matter of if they can execute it well and not have it be dependent upon a lot of scripted moments or set pieces.

This is one game where I'm actually going to hold off to see if the Wii U version gets any benefit from the gamepad. It seems a game tailor made for it and if dealing with lesser visuals means a smoother experience due to the efficiency of the pad's features, it'll definitely be a sacrifice worth making.

DanWensing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DanWensing

I pre-ordered the Gold Edition. Very excited for this game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk

@BattleSpectre said:

Riiiiiiiight because its not like the NPC-programming has around 100-200 different codes that will just recycle with a small variation ;) so it won't at all get repetitive after a few hours. (<--- Sarcasm might have been used)

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

Remember kiddies: DO NOT BUY THE GAME ON RELEASE DATE.

You're not getting the full game. Just wait til the game is actually worth it's honest price tag ($30-$40) All DLC and other bullshit included, ON THE DISC. Games nowadays are never worth it on release date. Never. Bugged, locked content, useless DLC, ect.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The delay and mixed information coming out during the previews after the delay have me uninterested. The reveal concept was great, but now I have zero reason to get excited for it.