How good is Resident Evil Code Veronica?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

Ive played Resident Evil 2 and enjoyed it for its brisk pacing. Enjoyed Resident Evil 3 for its much larger scope but it wasnt as polished or as well paced, far too much running back and forth. Its Hard Mode is also not that well balanced and can throw first-time players off really badly.

How does Code Veronica compare to those two games and my complaints? Also what is Resident Evil 1 like and which version is the best to go with since the different releases have differing difficulties?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

firstly, Code Veronica is a good game, its much like the older games only with full 3D enviroments, although its a pretty difficult game, and imo not as interesting as RE2 and 3 , but its cheap so you can't complain , Id get the Dreamcast version if you can .

as for RE1 , its less action focused than RE2 and 3  , more focused on the actual survival , as there is less ammo and more focus on backtracking. (the closest thing you can get in RE2 is the police station , RE1 is similar to that in some ways).

for someone who hasn't played RE1, I would say go for the Gamecube version if you can , you get a version that looks far better than the originals and has more content.

between the original versions , Im personally more fond of the Saturn version , as I like the visuals and small extras here and there, but the PS1 version has plenty of merits,  and is easier to find and cheaper too.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#3 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

RE1 is a great game but it contains less action and more puzzles than RE2

Code Veronica was quite a fantastic game when it was released, I can only hope it holds up well today. I would recommend it

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

firstly, Code Veronica is a good game, its much like the older games only with full 3D enviroments, although its a pretty difficult game, and imo not as interesting as RE2 and 3 , but its cheap so you can't complain , Id get the Dreamcast version if you can .

Darkman2007

Code Veronica is the easiest game in the (Old style) series. For me Resident Evil 1(Original) & CV are the best in the series.

TC, if you decide to get Code Veronica, use the most powerful weapon in the game....... the almighty knife! :P

Trust me. 

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

gameofthering

Code Veronica is the easiest game in the (Old style) series. For me Resident Evil 1(Original) & CV are the best in the series.

TC, if you decide to get Code Veronica, use the most powerful weapon in the game....... the almighty knife! :P

Trust me. 

I personally found 2 to be the easiest, 1 would have taken that spot, but the Hunters who can kill you in one hit made that game difficult, 3 likewise had Nemesis (though he was the best aspect of the game)
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

RECV isn't a Good game... It's a GREAT game.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

It's decent enough, i'd say on a par with RE2 and RE3.

The only problem is i can remember parts of all the Resident Evil games i've played, i can't remember a single thing about C:VX other than it was fun to play through while i was playing. Couldn't tell you what happened in it, it didn't leave an impression.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

CV was the last great RE game IMO.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

RECV isn't a Good game... It's a GREAT game.

MonkeySpot

QFT

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Code Veronica is one of my favorites in the series, only behind REmake imo. That said, the version of RE1 I'd play is the remake on Gamecube or the Wii. It's one of my favorite games of all time, I highly recommend playing it. 

Avatar image for Change_MyShorts
Change_MyShorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Change_MyShorts
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

How does Code Veronica compare to those two games and my complaints? Also what is Resident Evil 1 like and which version is the best to go with since the different releases have differing difficulties?

GulliversTravel

Code Veronica is the most polished and best paced of the series. Good balance of puzzles, collecting, and combat/bosses. I own the Dreamcast version and have played both Gamecube/PS2 renditions at friends houses. Dreamcast gets my vote as the best due to best visuals and no changes to scenes, PS2 I give 2nd because of PS1 control scheme, the Gamecube version looked watered down in the visuals department for some reason so I wouldn't bother unless you only own a Gamecube.

1 will feel like a step backwards compared to 2 & 3; however, its fun and Resident Evil Directors Cut (Dualshock version) is the version to get. Much more puzzle/backtracking oriented with some tough battles thrown here and there. A classic, then of course the remake for Gamecube is a good rendition and worth a play. Zero is ok but I wouldn't break down doors to play it.

GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GulliversTravel
Im well aware of REmake but I dont have a GC or Wii and from what I hear the original game is used only as an inspiration with the majority of the game being new. Still if im going to get the experience the original intended then might as well not waste time playing it. As for RE0, just some of the design choices in that game make me shudder...
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#14 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

Among the old-school RE games, I'd rank them:

RE2 > RECV > RE1 > RE3

As for which versions to go for:

RE1 - the GameCube or Wii versions

RECV - the Dreamcast or PS360 versions

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#15 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

Code: Veronica is probably the best old-school Resident Evil game. Even though is starts to show that RE is becoming a little more action than usual, it's still a great entry in the series and a great game for the Sega Dreamcast library. But beware, as it is the hardest game in the series.

andmcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 andmcq
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

CV was a great game. I think it was the first to use true 3d environments too.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I don't get why people are saying Code Veronica is the hardest in the series. It's the easiest :P

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

as for RE1 , its less action focused than RE2 and 3  , more focused on the actual survival , as there is less ammo and more focus on backtracking. (the closest thing you can get in RE2 is the police station , RE1 is similar to that in some ways).

for someone who hasn't played RE1, I would say go for the Gamecube version if you can , you get a version that looks far better than the originals and has more content.

between the original versions , Im personally more fond of the Saturn version , as I like the visuals and small extras here and there, but the PS1 version has plenty of merits,  and is easier to find and cheaper too.

Darkman2007

how can anyoen say re2 and 3 are better than cv? cv is the best old-style resident evil game. it improved upon anything, especially horrendous acting of previous games

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

bultje112

how can anyoen say re2 and 3 are better than cv? cv is the best old-style resident evil game. it improved upon anything, especially horrendous acting of previous games

meh , the acting sucks in all of the, no one is winning an award for voice acting in any of them I can assure you. I also find those games more interesting in their locations, and they have a more balanced difficulty.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Its the best RE game other than RE4 and perhaps the GC remake of the original game.

I'd advise getting Code Veronica: X on the GC

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

as for RE1 , its less action focused than RE2 and 3 , more focused on the actual survival , as there is less ammo and more focus on backtracking. (the closest thing you can get in RE2 is the police station , RE1 is similar to that in some ways).

between the original versions , Im personally more fond of the Saturn version , as I like the visuals and small extras here and there, but the PS1 version has plenty of merits, and is easier to find and cheaper too.

bultje112

Code Veronica is definitely better than 2 and 3

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

meh , the acting sucks in all of the, no one is winning an award for voice acting in any of them I can assure you. I also find those games more interesting in their locations, and they have a more balanced difficulty.

to be more precisely. the storytelling and pacing is much, much better in cv, as well as the locations, re2 is in a city and some in mansion, re3 as well, cv is in a mansion, under water and on the south pole.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

as for RE1 , its less action focused than RE2 and 3 , more focused on the actual survival , as there is less ammo and more focus on backtracking. (the closest thing you can get in RE2 is the police station , RE1 is similar to that in some ways).

between the original versions , Im personally more fond of the Saturn version , as I like the visuals and small extras here and there, but the PS1 version has plenty of merits, and is easier to find and cheaper too.

AFBrat77

Code Veronica is definitely better than 2 and 3

I agree 100%

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonkeySpot

Im well aware of REmake but I dont have a GC or Wii and from what I hear the original game is used only as an inspiration with the majority of the game being new. Still if im going to get the experience the original intended then might as well not waste time playing it. As for RE0, just some of the design choices in that game make me shudder...GulliversTravel

It's WELL worth a play, even if you know the first one like the back of your hand. Added areas, moved items, new puzzles and such... It's got something for you if you love the series. Plus it really shows what the CG was capable of. Buy a used 'Cube, get "REmake", "REZero", & "Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem", and the cost of the console will be more than covered. You;ll be glad you did!

:D

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"]Im well aware of REmake but I dont have a GC or Wii and from what I hear the original game is used only as an inspiration with the majority of the game being new. Still if im going to get the experience the original intended then might as well not waste time playing it. As for RE0, just some of the design choices in that game make me shudder...MonkeySpot

It's WELL worth a play, even if you know the first one like the back of your hand. Added areas, moved items, new puzzles and such... It's got something for you if you love the series. Plus it really shows what the CG was capable of. Buy a used 'Cube, get "REmake", "REZero", & "Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem", and the cost of the console will be more than covered. You;ll be glad you did!

better yet just get a used Wii , every 2nd hand shop Ive seen has piles of Wii consoles up for sale, quite cheap too. unless one is a collector and wants a Gamecube, because its Gamecube (similar to how I have a PS1), which is different.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"]Im well aware of REmake but I dont have a GC or Wii and from what I hear the original game is used only as an inspiration with the majority of the game being new. Still if im going to get the experience the original intended then might as well not waste time playing it. As for RE0, just some of the design choices in that game make me shudder...Darkman2007

better yet just get a used Wii , every 2nd hand shop Ive seen has piles of Wii consoles up for sale, quite cheap too. unless one is a collector and wants a Gamecube, because its Gamecube (similar to how I have a PS1), which is different.

Gamecubes are still much cheaper, though. You can get one for about as cheap as a Sega Genesis.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

Emerald_Warrior

Gamecubes are still much cheaper, though. You can get one for about as cheap as a Sega Genesis.

And you don't need to figure in the Classic Controller add-on required to play those games on a Wii... And then you're also, not stuck with a Wii... Which sucks fart stains out of worn underwear, on a good day...

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] better yet just get a used Wii , every 2nd hand shop Ive seen has piles of Wii consoles up for sale, quite cheap too. unless one is a collector and wants a Gamecube, because its Gamecube (similar to how I have a PS1), which is different.MonkeySpot

And you don't need to figure in the Classic Controller add-on required to play those games on a Wii... And then you're also, not stuck with a Wii... Which sucks fart stains out of worn underwear, on a good day...

There is indeed a LOT of shovelware on the Wii. But amongst that shovelware are some REAL gems like Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Other M, Super Paper Mario, Epic Mickey, and the Resident Evil Chronicles games. And some awesome WiiWare games like the Bit Trip series and especially Cave Story. Plus the Wii Virtual Console is a great option for games that are too rare or expensive in their original form.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] better yet just get a used Wii , every 2nd hand shop Ive seen has piles of Wii consoles up for sale, quite cheap too. unless one is a collector and wants a Gamecube, because its Gamecube (similar to how I have a PS1), which is different.MonkeySpot

no need for a classic controller, you can use any GC controller instead. and I think youre missing the point, whether the Wii sucks or not , the fact that it has games which are worth it, in addition to the GC library, and Ive personally seen more Wii consoles floating around than Gamecubes. now, if someone doesn't think its woth the extra bit of money, or is a collector (which I can understand, I own a PS1 even though much like the Gamecube its a "worthless" console, given the BC of the PS2 and PS3), then thats something else.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jag85
Im well aware of REmake but I dont have a GC or Wii and from what I hear the original game is used only as an inspiration with the majority of the game being new. Still if im going to get the experience the original intended then might as well not waste time playing it. As for RE0, just some of the design choices in that game make me shudder...GulliversTravel
REmake is not a re-imagining of RE1 like you're making it out to be. It's a very faithful remake of the original RE1, keeping the story and gameplay intact, while at the same time adding a lot of significant improvements and addressing issues plaguing the original. REmake is one of the best video game remakes I've ever played.
Avatar image for Change_MyShorts
Change_MyShorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Change_MyShorts
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

Resident Evil Directors Cut Dual Shock - Playstation

GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GulliversTravel
[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"]Im well aware of REmake but I dont have a GC or Wii and from what I hear the original game is used only as an inspiration with the majority of the game being new. Still if im going to get the experience the original intended then might as well not waste time playing it. As for RE0, just some of the design choices in that game make me shudder...Jag85
REmake is not a re-imagining of RE1 like you're making it out to be. It's a very faithful remake of the original RE1, keeping the story and gameplay intact, while at the same time adding a lot of significant improvements and addressing issues plaguing the original. REmake is one of the best video game remakes I've ever played.

Well this is what I meant, if REmake is very much the same game as RE1 but MUCH more, then id rather just play the GC game instead and skip the original PSone game. I think the Wii has an awesome library but the games look so much better on Dolphin that Id rather just wait till I have a system good enough for it. But yeah, I really would like to play to play Eternal Darkness as well and the GC RE games have aged like fine wine.
Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

[QUOTE="Jag85"][QUOTE="GulliversTravel"]Im well aware of REmake but I dont have a GC or Wii and from what I hear the original game is used only as an inspiration with the majority of the game being new. Still if im going to get the experience the original intended then might as well not waste time playing it. As for RE0, just some of the design choices in that game make me shudder...GulliversTravel

Well this is what I meant, if REmake is very much the same game as RE1 but MUCH more, then id rather just play the GC game instead and skip the original PSone game. I think the Wii has an awesome library but the games look so much better on Dolphin that Id rather just wait till I have a system good enough for it. But yeah, I really would like to play to play Eternal Darkness as well and the GC RE games have aged like fine wine.

REmake was designed for fans of the classic psone game, deliberate changes enhanced the experience.

it's like watching a movie and then a remake of that movie with different stuff added and deleted and changed. best experienced in order so you recognized what was changed on purpose. that was REmakes biggest achievement. a shame many i spoke too never knew...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"][QUOTE="GulliversTravel"]Im well aware of REmake but I dont have a GC or Wii and from what I hear the original game is used only as an inspiration with the majority of the game being new. Still if im going to get the experience the original intended then might as well not waste time playing it. As for RE0, just some of the design choices in that game make me shudder...GulliversTravel

Oh, I see. I think I may have misunderstood what you meant. I kind of agree with what you're saying. If the REmake improves on the original game in every way, then there's not much point playing the original. However, if you have the time to play both, then you could try Captain's idea and play the original followed by the remake to get the best overall experience.

And by the way, REmake looks awesome on Dolphin. I played the Wii version on Dolphin just some months back, with the HD resolution, anti-aliasing and bloom lighting (with the OpenGL plugin) making it look almost like a current-gen game. However, you might need a high-end graphics card to get the full effect.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

It's the best game in the series imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#36 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

Clock-w0rk
No, that would be RE4. Code: Veronica I would say is 3rd best with RE2 in 2nd place.
hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#37 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

As for story part is truly interesting, it talks about this mad family in this remote island, you have to play it. Once finished you get a nice feature in dress of FPS and TPS battle game, nothing exceptional but passtime. Game is hardly replayable for his extreme longness despite other chapters of saga, this game then is well cured in graphics and sound, but hasn't great gameplay innovations apart dualshoot. definitely a good game but in no way on par with the first resident evil, remake and resident evil 4

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jag85
[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

GSJones1994
No, that would be RE4. Code: Veronica I would say is 3rd best with RE2 in 2nd place.

Agreed.
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Clock-w0rk

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

GSJones1994

RE4 isn't even a proper RE game, it changed the formula completely which a lot of RE fans didn't like (me included) RE4 was the first step in the series becoming what it is today (trash)

It's an amazing survival horror game if not the best ever, but as far as RE games go it's not even in the top 3, it's like saying Metal Gear Rising is the best MGS game.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Resident Evil 4 is the best RE game, with Resident Evil: Code Veronica being my 2nd favorite.

I can't really compare it to RE1, as I don't remember much about it.  All you need to know is CV is easy on the eyes, has great environments, fun weapons to use and lots of critters to kill.  Puzzles are fun as well, and backtracking, while very much present, didn't feel as tedious as in past RE games.  Easily my favorite of the pre-RE4 era.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"][QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Clock-w0rk

RE4 isn't even a proper RE game, it changed the formula completely which a lot of RE fans didn't like (me included) RE4 was the first step in the series becoming what it is today (trash)

It's an amazing survival horror game if not the best ever, but as far as RE games go it's not even in the top 3, it's like saying Metal Gear Rising is the best MGS game.

I will just never understand the mindset behind thoughts/complaints like these.  If you don't like the game by all means that's completely fine, but to have these pre-conceived notions of what a game/series "should be" and what it "is supposed to be" always seemed silly.  Games change and evolve, and by no means is this a bad, or in some cases a good thing, it's just different.  But by no means should a game get knocked because it "isn't a proper entry into X series because it plays differently".

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AFBrat77

Resident Evil 4 is the best RE game, with Resident Evil: Code Veronica being my 2nd favorite.

I can't really compare it to RE1, as I don't remember much about it. All you need to know is CV is easy on the eyes, has great environments, fun weapons to use and lots of critters to kill. Puzzles are fun as well, and backtracking, while very much present, didn't feel as tedious as in past RE games. Easily my favorite of the pre-RE4 era.

MLBknights58

I agree with this.....but the Resident Evil 1 remake on the GC is close to Code Veronica: X

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bultje112

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"][QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Clock-w0rk

re4 is the best re game ever. you are basiclaly the only one thinking otherwise.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"] No, that would be RE4. Code: Veronica I would say is 3rd best with RE2 in 2nd place.bultje112

re4 is the best re game ever. you are basiclaly the only one thinking otherwise.

No he's not. RE2 is the best RE game ever, IMO, followed by the RE Remake on Gamecube.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Emerald_Warrior

I said basically alone. also re2 is perhaps the most overrated re game there is. code veronica is better in every way that counts, and re3 is better in every way except for bad story.

No he's not. RE2 is the best RE game ever, IMO, followed by the RE Remake on Gamecube.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

bultje112

I said basically alone. also re2 is perhaps the most overrated re game there is. code veronica is better in every way that counts, and re3 is better in every way except for bad story.

Fixed that quote for you.

It's all subjective opinion, really. But to say Code Veronica is better in every way, is a bit of stretch. Better graphics, sure, it's on Dreamcast. And improved controls, yes, I'll give it that as well since it added a few moves to your arsenal.

But RE 2 definetly has a better story that really dives into explaining where the virus is from and what it's purpose is about. Easily the best story of any of the RE games. It introduces Claire and Leon. And it introduces some mainstays in the series like the oh-so-awesome looking Licker and Mr. X is one helluva intense villain. In comparison, Code Veronica is about some twisted family, whom the suviving patriarch of likes to dress up as his sister. Kind of a weird story if you ask me. But it does tie up the loose ends of Claire finding her brother Chris, at least.

RE 2 also is a longer game. You get 4 seperate playthroughs between Leon A & B, and Claire A & B. All of them telling the story from a different perspective; giving you much more gameplay.

And I don't see how RE2 is anymore "overrated" (as you put it) than any other entry in the main RE series.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

Emerald_Warrior

It's all subjective opinion, really. But to say Code Veronica is better in every way, is a bit of stretch. Better graphics, sure, it's on Dreamcast. And improved controls, yes, I'll give it that as well since it added a few moves to your arsenal.

But RE 2 definetly has a better story that really dives into explaining where the virus is from and what it's purpose is about. Easily the best story of any of the RE games. It introduces Claire and Leon. And it introduces some mainstays in the series like the oh-so-awesome looking Licker and Mr. X is one helluva intense villain. In comparison, Code Veronica is about some twisted family, whom the suviving patriarch of likes to dress up as his sister. Kind of a weird story if you ask me. But it does tie up the loose ends of Claire finding her brother Chris, at least.

RE 2 also is a longer game. You get 4 seperate playthroughs between Leon A & B, and Claire A & B. All of them telling the story from a different perspective; giving you much more gameplay.

And I don't see how RE2 is anymore "overrated" (as you put it) than any other entry in the main RE series.

re2 isn't longer than code veronica, in fact it's much shorter. code veronica's main story without extras take over 10 hours alone over 2 cd's. re2 can be easily finished within 3 hours and the ending is very, ok... wtf is this... it basiclaly just stops and re code veronica is it's true sequal, the storyline delve4s in much further, go to different palces that are a lot more exciting, like antarctica and especially the chris part is great. in code veroncia they really go into the history of the t-virus, umbrella corporation, who created it, when, the family involved and how f'd up in the head everyone was. it's a freightening story and the characters in code veronica are bizarre and great, like albert(no spoilers) also they introduce leon in re2? yes, the most annoying character in all of resident evil, no thanks

re2 is overrated in that it's seen somehow as the best re game, although when code veronica was released everyone agreed that one was better, but as always it suffers from the sequel syndrom over years, people always find originals better somehow(see shenmue 1 in recent years), that is why re`1 still gets so many votes as well when it's clealry the worst of all the re's. all of them are great but in order the old ones are imo:

code veronica

re2

re3

re zero

re1

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Clock-w0rk

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"] No, that would be RE4. Code: Veronica I would say is 3rd best with RE2 in 2nd place.bultje112

Opinion.

lol go away kid, there are plenty of people who don't consider 4 as the best.

hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#49 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

bultje112

re2 isn't longer than code veronica, in fact it's much shorter. code veronica's main story without extras take over 10 hours alone over 2 cd's. re2 can be easily finished within 3 hours and the ending is very, ok... wtf is this... it basiclaly just stops and re code veronica is it's true sequal, the storyline delve4s in much further, go to different palces that are a lot more exciting, like antarctica and especially the chris part is great. in code veroncia they really go into the history of the t-virus, umbrella corporation, who created it, when, the family involved and how f'd up in the head everyone was. it's a freightening story and the characters in code veronica are bizarre and great, like albert(no spoilers) also they introduce leon in re2? yes, the most annoying character in all of resident evil, no thanks

re2 is overrated in that it's seen somehow as the best re game, although when code veronica was released everyone agreed that one was better, but as always it suffers from the sequel syndrom over years, people always find originals better somehow(see shenmue 1 in recent years), that is why re`1 still gets so many votes as well when it's clealry the worst of all the re's. all of them are great but in order the old ones are imo:

code veronica

re2

re3

re zero

re1

No way man, resident evil the first remains the most important and atmospheric chapter in series, and to me is the direct opposite, regarding your rankings, with the exception that re2 remains the worst of bunch, because it wasn't innovative and story feels a bit bleak, different code veronica story was great as you told.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

bultje112

code veronica

re2

re3

re zero

re1

If you think RE2 is just 3 hours long, then you're missing like 3/4 of the game. There are multiple playthrough (4 to be exact), each one being a completely different story. (BTW, RE2 is 2 discs, as well).