HELP me name/find this game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coolstrategist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Coolstrategist
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I am a newbie who just acquired a souped up one month old Alienware desktop for $500 from a guy who needed cash to get married. Having said that I have only purchased HL2 as my first and only game.

But before Stage6 shut down I had saved a clip of what appeared to be the opening of a pretty cool game that I wanted to buy.

Here is what I remember:

It appears to be a hospital scene opening with something on a gurnee killing surgeons or doctors. The main point of view character is carrying a weapon and walks thorugh this hospital(?) looking for the creature. As he walks around the creature darts by from room to room and I think even goes up into the ceiling as he is stalked. The main character shoots up different things as he goes through this hospital scene. I think there may have evn been military type characters involved.

WHAT IS THIS GAME?! It seemed fun based upon the clip that someone loaded on Stage6.

Thanks

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
It sounds vaguely like FEAR, but that's probably not it.
Coolstrategist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Coolstrategist

Thanks for your input. I just looked at several clips of FEAR and it did not look like the same game.

The beginning scene (at least on the clip I saw) was very distinctive in that there was something on a hospital gurnee and it killed surgeons or doctors in surgical masks and then took off to be hunted down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts
try to look for "project Origin" it is Fear 2, dunno if it helps, but it sounds a bit like what you sayied... not completely sure tho...
Coolstrategist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Coolstrategist

Yes...I just watched the Project Origin trailer and that is it! It looks like both of you were correct if it is considered Fear 2.

Any opinions on the game before I buy it?

BloudyHell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 BloudyHell
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

It hasn't released yet but there's a lot of anticipation for it due to the success of FEAR. But the thing is the rights to the title "F.E.A.R." is owned by Vivendi Universal/Sierra, and Monolith was acquired by a different publisher (Warnr Bros) so they had to used a name aside from FEAR 2. That's why it's called Project Origin.

If Project Origin interests you, it would be in your interest to play FEAR beforehand to get the backstory. Probably can find it cheap now since the game's been out for a few years already.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I think the game will be really good... looks more diverse then FEAR, which was a steller action game in its own right, with a horror twist...

Im not sure if I would advise to play fear first or not, if you want to know who "Alma" is then you should, but it looks like a different story, same main character, and Alma (the little girl) does seem to be in the game aswell... but I think it is another evil, and another thing you face... Besides... what made FEAR great, aint so great anymore, you might end up with a bad taste in your mouth tbh...

Coolstrategist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Coolstrategist

Could this be one of those situations where they push the launch back and it does not release until Christmas? I am new to gaming and gave no idea how accurate companies are to expected release dates.