Half as long, twice as bright - The PS Vita thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#351 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

I'm a big Tenchu fan, so I went out on a limb and bought Shinobido 2. I've only done one training level, so I don't have much to say. I'll edit in some impressions once I've gotten a little further. It seems like it will have a nice amount of depth.

It looks like it is going to play a lot faster than Tenchu. You can execute stealth kills while sprinting and jumping.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352 rragnaar

I've done all of the training stuff as well as the first mission. I think I'm going to like it. This guy is definitely more mobile than Rikimaru and Ayane were in Tenchu and it makes it pretty fun. Being able to sprint across rooftops and do wallruns is nice. The alchemy system seems confusing and pretty in depth and I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are RPGish elements in the game since you level up and get to upgrade skills.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#354 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

I'm a big Tenchu fan, so I went out on a limb and bought Shinobido 2. I've only done one training level, so I don't have much to say. I'll edit in some impressions once I've gotten a little further. It seems like it will have a nice amount of depth.

rragnaar
Please, do give more impressions of this game. Nobody seems to be talking about it, but it's actually one of the few I want from the launch lineup.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#355 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

The near me thing sounds awesome, I want to get a Vita just for that.dvader654

It's been awesome watching people near me grow, there are 172 people playing Uncharted alone. More than the Welcome Center which is the first thing Vita asks you to do. Putting Uncharted on Vita is probably the smartest thing Sony did with the Vita launch. Now if only those 172 people started using Near and updating their black market...

TBH, I dont know why you never picked it up. This thing has a ton of games to play, it's sleek, it's fancy, it's got a UI that is the best UI out there, it's a gamer's wet dream. I have a badass PC playing everything on max at 1080p, have an RPG htat's probably the best ive played since ME2, but Vita's interface, connectivity and newness is just too compelling for me to even turn on my console or PC.

Also, sucks that you just played Rayman on the 360. It looks amazing on the Vita screen. you missed out.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#356 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Amazon is supposedly delivering my Vita today! Wish I didn't have to work tonight, but I'm pretty sure I'll fire it up as soon as I get a chance. I also went out and picked up Uncharted last night. I'm going to download Stardust and Mutant Blob right when I get my Vita set up, and I'm definitely gonna buy Lumines and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, although I want to wait for a price drop on that one.

@Carnage: I didn't realize! I saw a Vita with Gravity Rush on it @ Gamestop, but I decided to wait to play it.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Jbul

[QUOTE="dvader654"]The near me thing sounds awesome, I want to get a Vita just for that.S0lidSnake

It's been awesome watching people near me grow, there are 172 people playing Uncharted alone. More than the Welcome Center which is the first thing Vita asks you to do. Putting Uncharted on Vita is probably the smartest thing Sony did with the Vita launch. Now if only those 172 people started using Near and updating their black market...

TBH, I dont know why you never picked it up. This thing has a ton of games to play, it's sleek, it's fancy, it's got a UI that is the best UI out there, it's a gamer's wet dream. I have a badass PC playing everything on max at 1080p, have an RPG htat's probably the best ive played since ME2, but Vita's interface, connectivity and newness is just too compelling for me to even turn on my console or PC.

Also, sucks that you just played Rayman on the 360. It looks amazing on the Vita screen. you missed out.

I don't think Dvader does anything NeoGaf doesn't tell him to do! :P

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 S0lidSnake

Amazon is supposedly delivering my Vita today! Wish I didn't have to work tonight, but I'm pretty sure I'll fire it up as soon as I get a chance. I also went out and picked up Uncharted last night. I'm going to download Stardust and Mutant Blob right when I get my Vita set up, and I'm definitely gonna buy Lumines and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, although I want to wait for a price drop on that one.

@Carnage: I didn't realize! I saw a Vita with Gravity Rush on it @ Gamestop, but I decided to wait to play it.

Jbul

Awesome. Dont forget to try the Unit 13 demo. It's strangely addictive especially considering how generic it looks. The Fifa demo is awesome too, dont bother with the touchscreen controls but do give the rear touchpad goal kicks a try. I know you've played Rayman on the 360 already, but download the Rayman Origins demo and see how stunning it looks on that screen.

Have you played MVC3? It looks amazing on Vita. I'm currently addicted to the Heroes & Herald mode. There is so much content in this game, it's nuts. Though i must swarn you Rayman and MVS3 totally outshine Uncharted on that platform. the jaggies really hurt Uncharted which otherwise is a great looking game.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 Jbul

I played MVC3 and I loved the gameplay but was frustrated at the lack of online features. If they fixed that -- spectator mode while in lobbies, replays -- the game would definitely interest me. Altough I hear they nerfed my favorite character, Sentinel! Booo! :evil:

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 rragnaar
Shinobido is pretty repetitive and the combat is janky. That being said it still scratches that Tenchu itch.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Shinobido is pretty repetitive and the combat is janky. That being said it still scratches that Tenchu itch. rragnaar

I enjoyed the original Tenchu (a ninja that snuck around, what a concept! ) but it was repetitive and janky.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 S0lidSnake

Shinobido is pretty repetitive and the combat is janky. That being said it still scratches that Tenchu itch. rragnaar

It saddens me that you are playing this over uncharted.

I should tell you that i never liked you.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Shinobido is pretty repetitive and the combat is janky. That being said it still scratches that Tenchu itch. S0lidSnake

It saddens me that you are playing this over uncharted.

I should tell you that i never liked you.

The Uncharted demo didn't do anything for me. I should also mention that I couldn't be bothered to buy Uncharted 3.:P
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 rragnaar

Things just got a bit more interesting:

Gliding around is pretty rad.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 S0lidSnake

I am gonna take my vita around town today, let's see if i get any gifts via near. People near me arent using near at all it seems, i havent gotten a single gift other than a couple of cards from _Bear. Jbul, make sure to update your black market, you will probably receive a dozen cards from me.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#366 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
I put my psp up for sale, lets see where this goes lol.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 CarnageHeart

I put my psp up for sale, lets see where this goes lol.F1Lengend

Gamestop gave me just $30 for mine and it was in great shape (saw heavy use up until last week, but I had no scratches or anything).

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I put my psp up for sale, lets see where this goes lol.CarnageHeart

Gamestop gave me just $30 for mine and it was in great shape (saw heavy use up until last week, but I had no scratches or anything).

Wow thats assy. I paid 150 last year.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I put my psp up for sale, lets see where this goes lol.F1Lengend

Wow thats assy. I paid 150 last year.

Bestbuy will give you 75 for a Go if you trade it towards a Vita.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 S0lidSnake

I dont care how nice the Vita screen is, its not as nice as my 48 inch HDTV I still am not a big handheld guy and the 3DS is more than enough for me now. And of course in the end it is the games and nothing right now really makes me want one. Of course LBP is coming but even that is just more of LBP which I have on the PS3 with millions of levels I have yet to play. Uncharted is the same issue I had with the PSP, I dont care to play lesser versions of the same series made by some second rate developer. And it costs $250 without anything.dvader654

Ive been gaming on a badass LG 42 inch tv for the past four years, games look incredible on it. But this OLED screen just looks richer, more vibrant and crystal clear.

I am not a big handheld guy either and I almost skipped buying it after Uncharted got mediocre reviews. I am glad I didn't because while Golden Abyss is no Drake's Deception, it takes the series back to its roots and focuses on adventure, story and characters. I've been going back and replaying chapters because finding all these hidden items to complete sets of puzzles is just so damn rewarding. I dont see how this is watered down when it's got a better story and characters than U3, setpieces are fun but Golden Abyss has its own strengths.

And it;s about the experience. Vita's entire interface will make you want to play ports like Rayman, MVC3, Virtua Tennis, MLB The SHow on it because the damn thing is so appealing. And because they are IDENTICAL versions of the console games, with better features like touch controls, near functionality, and other social features. The graphical gap b/w PS3 and Vita games is barely noticable. That said, It's funny that Uncharted looks the least on par with its console versions out of all the launch games, but its still a great looking game considering its a launch title. If Sony Bend can ibring the res upto native res, add in some anti-anliasing and fix up the framerate issues, this game would look onpar with the console versions. Let's not forget Vita has more RAM than the PS3.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 S0lidSnake

I finally figured out how to use Near. (reading instructions helped :P )

Update our location. Go to the On and About screen and click on the radar, people in your vicinity will pop up. Click on each one and right next to their games, they should have a gift icon you can select if they have unlocked an item they can share. You can click on that icon and download it.

I believe the Uncharted bounties get handled through the black market automatically, but other 'gifts' you will have to redeem that way. It's not automatic.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]The near me thing sounds awesome, I want to get a Vita just for that.dvader654

I dont care how nice the Vita screen is, its not as nice as my 48 inch HDTV I still am not a big handheld guy and the 3DS is more than enough for me now. And of course in the end it is the games and nothing right now really makes me want one. Of course LBP is coming but even that is just more of LBP which I have on the PS3 with millions of levels I have yet to play. Uncharted is the same issue I had with the PSP, I dont care to play lesser versions of the same series made by some second rate developer. And it costs $250 without anything.

LBP Vita puts powerful new tools in the hands of creators. Coupled with the touchscreens, I'm sure Media Molecule and the community will do things that aren't even possible on the PS2 version (some of that can be seen in the couple minutes of gameplay footage that have been released).

Your lesser versions of the same series complaint in the context of the PSP and the Vita is a bit strange. The GoW PSPs (which told original stories and boasted original weapons and enemies were pretty great). The PSP team was the first guys to come up with awesome weapons besides the chains (nods towards the Gauntlet of Zeus, which inspired GoW3's Neeman Cestus).

The same could be said of Killzone PSP(a topdown shooter whose quality was the reason I cited when arguing with people who claimed that KZ2 would inevitable suck). And Wipeout was pretty much reborn on the PSP (compared to how clunky the last two Wipeouts were on console, the PSP version felt amazingly sleek). The same could be said of the excellent PSP Syphon Filters (Gabe Logan was taking cover months before Marcus Phoenix).

Peace Walkerisa true, original MGS game (don't get me started on the card games) which judging by the direction the console game has gone in may be the last true MGS for some time. Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection of the PSP is the most content heavy game in the series (it apes VF4: Evo in terms of content). Dissidia is just a brilliant beat'em up. Also worth noting is that the PSP version of NIS's and Atlus's rpgs tend to be the final and best versions of those games. And there were no shortage of original games (nods towards Crush, Luminees, Field Commander, Loco Roco, Pursuit Force, Patapon and Hacksaw Heroes).

If you are happy with you 3DS, well, to each his own. I bought a DS for my daughters, never felt an urge to play it myself and the 3DS's sole differentiator seems to be a visual gimmick I'm utterly indiferent to (I still think they held back a second analog stick only to create demand for the inevitable new model).

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="dvader654"]I dont care how nice the Vita screen is, its not as nice as my 48 inch HDTV I still am not a big handheld guy and the 3DS is more than enough for me now. And of course in the end it is the games and nothing right now really makes me want one. Of course LBP is coming but even that is just more of LBP which I have on the PS3 with millions of levels I have yet to play. Uncharted is the same issue I had with the PSP, I dont care to play lesser versions of the same series made by some second rate developer. And it costs $250 without anything.S0lidSnake

Ive been gaming on a badass LG 42 inch tv for the past four years, games look incredible on it. But this OLED screen just looks richer, more vibrant and crystal clear.

I am not a big handheld guy either and I almost skipped buying it after Uncharted got mediocre reviews. I am glad I didn't because while Golden Abyss is no Drake's Deception, it takes the series back to its roots and focuses on adventure, story and characters. I've been going back and replaying chapters because finding all these hidden items to complete sets of puzzles is just so damn rewarding. I dont see how this is watered down when it's got a better story and characters than U3, setpieces are fun but Golden Abyss has its own strengths.

And it;s about the experience. Vita's entire interface will make you want to play ports like Rayman, MVC3, Virtua Tennis, MLB The SHow on it because the damn thing is so appealing. And because they are IDENTICAL versions of the console games, with better features like touch controls, near functionality, and other social features. The graphical gap b/w PS3 and Vita games is barely noticable. That said, It's funny that Uncharted looks the least on par with its console versions out of all the launch games, but its still a great looking game considering its a launch title. If Sony Bend can ibring the res upto native res, add in some anti-anliasing and fix up the framerate issues, this game would look onpar with the console versions. Let's not forget Vita has more RAM than the PS3.

Uncharted will probably sell better than Sony Bend's entire output on the PSP, but I still wish they would go back to the Syphon Filter series. I loved how unlike most stealth games, guards weren't afflicted with short term memory loss. Once guards figured out you were in the compound, that was it, you'd wind up fighting for every inch. Still, with a silenced pistol and a rifle equipped with poison gas darts (hit a guard, wait for him to wander over to his buddy, then detonate the dart, releasing a poison gas cloud that killed them within seconds) I often got pretty deep into compounds before I was detected.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 CarnageHeart

Sony has revealed that as of the 26th of this month, 1.2 million Vitas and 2 million games have been sold (which counts digital distribution and retail).

Its worth noting that FIFA and Uncharted topped the UK's weekly charts last week. Based on what's known, I suspect that last week's Western launch of the Vita did okay hardware wise (theoriginal PSP sold half a millioncopiesits first week in the US alone)and very well software wise.

------------

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/891616-ps-vita-worldwide-sales-at-1-2-million

Since Japan is the only country to report weekly hardware sales we know that of the 1.2 million PS Vitas now sold only 578,812 come from Japan. That means 621,188 consoles have been sold in the rest of the world since the launch last week - which seems very impressive.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 S0lidSnake

Sony has revealed that as of the 26th of this month, 1.2 million Vitas and 2 million games have been sold (which counts digital distribution and retail).

Its worth noting that FIFA and Uncharted topped the UK's weekly charts last week. Based on what's known, I suspect that last week's Western launch of the Vita did okay hardware wise (theoriginal PSP sold half a millioncopiesits first week in the US alone)and very well software wise.

------------

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/891616-ps-vita-worldwide-sales-at-1-2-million

Since Japan is the only country to report weekly hardware sales we know that of the 1.2 million PS Vitas now sold only 578,812 come from Japan. That means 621,188 consoles have been sold in the rest of the world since the launch last week - which seems very impressive.

CarnageHeart

Thats a decent launch. 300K seems like an accurate figure for NA sales. Which is decent considering the lack of advertising and hype behind it. Hell, people expected it to tank so id say it's a pretty good number for only 5 days of sales. Nothing as amazing as the PSP launch but i suspect a good word of mouth and a fantastic software lineup will help it ousell the PSP's first year haul.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 Jbul

Played my Vita this morning! Very nice. Uncharted felt like Uncharted (I seriously think the visuals so far are very close), but coming from the 3DS, I'm still getting used to the second analog stick. I literally need to train myself to play the Vita correctly. The second analog stick definitely makes the games feel much better (in contrast to the more simplistic controls of my 3DS) and more welcoming to complex controls schemes. Uncharted looks great, and I have already laughed a few times at the writing and voice acting -- but I'm still very early. I also downloaded Stardust and fell in love. Such an addictive, mesmerizing game.

I will post further impressions once my Vita charges a little bit :P

I do have a question -- Whenever I log into a game (Uncharted, for instance), it tells me that "Online Features Are Disabled", which I don't want. I've set up my "Near" settings to full game and location sharing, as well as tinkered with the "settings" a bit, but still having the same message. Anyone give me a quick-fix for this?

Also, Solid, you aren't on my friends list anymore. It's still FrostyJ (I know some people deleted me because I got rid of my PS3 awhile back).

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 S0lidSnake

Played my Vita this morning! Very nice. Uncharted felt like Uncharted (I seriously think the visuals so far are very close), but coming from the 3DS, I'm still getting used to the second analog stick. I literally need to train myself to play the Vita correctly. The second analog stick definitely makes the games feel much better (in contrast to the more simplistic controls of my 3DS) and more welcoming to complex controls schemes. Uncharted looks great, and I have already laughed a few times at the writing and voice acting -- but I'm still very early. I also downloaded Stardust and fell in love. Such an addictive, mesmerizing game.

I do have a question -- Whenever I log into a game (Uncharted, for instance), it tells me that "Online Features Are Disabled", which I don't want. I've set up my "Near" settings to full game and location sharing, as well as tinkered with the "settings" a bit, but still having the same message. Anyone give me a quick-fix for this?

Also, Solid, you aren't on my friends list anymore. It's still FrostyJ (I know some people deleted me because I got rid of my PS3 awhile back).

Jbul

I may have deleted you because i'd see your friend playing the ps3 and would almost mistake him for you. Send me a request again. BTW, keep in mind you can see your PS3 friends online but they cant see you (Sony being Sony still hasnt patched this on the PS3 side), you can sitll message them though and they can message you back.

The 'online features are disabled'error message in Uncharted means nothing really since you can still press the PS button and access all your online apps like trophies, friends lists, near etc. I am pretty sure Party chat should work as well, we can try this sometime.

Near works on the Black market. just enter the Black Market, it will take you to the Near app, press the Near icon and it will update the items for you. You can also click on the avatars of everyone on your radar and see if they have any gifts you can download. They should apear as a wraped gift box. Any gifts from friends should automatically go in your Discoveries menu. You just have to update regularly. I cant tell how frequent Near updates automatically.

P.S Learn to use the gyro aiming in Uncharted. it makes a massive difference. It really helps since the analog aiming is kinda unresponsive.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 rragnaar

On the one hand, I'm really happy that I got a new high score tonight, but I'm really pissed that I couldn't break 3,000,000.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
[QUOTE="Jbul"]

hey dude your off my friends list too now, add me again and anyone else who wants to. This thing is amazing I really love it. Both ID's are in my sig.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 Jbul

Playing my Vita whenever I get a chance. God damn, it's impressive. People gush about the screen, and for good reason -- it takes up 2/3 of the space on the unit, and it's a pleasure to behold. The most impressive thing to me so far about the Vita is how good it feels in my hands. Whatever missteps Sony took in the past certainly aren't apparent when playing and using the Vita -- it's built for hardcore gaming with careful consideration to comfort, ease-of-use, and enjoyment. I love being able to open and close things in a flash. No more waiting to switch games or applications -- simply press the Playstation button, drag your finger across a screen (which is lightning fast and accurate) and it's DONE. Boom! 1-2 seconds.

Uncharted is fun so far although I'm early. It looks amazing and plays just like the console versions, with some added Vita functionality. I can't say yet how the majority of the game will turn out, but already there's some really cool stuff -- picture taking functionality, solving puzzles, and an interesting trade system built into the Vita's social networking abilities. Also worth noting is playing with headphones provides a very vivid, clear, and LOUD (thank you Sony, for trusting me) sound experience. Speaking of social functionality, Vita's NEAR application craps all over 3DS's "Spotpass" bologna. It tells you the gamertag, playing habits, and profiles of everyone within 2 miles of you. You even get to see the most popular games in your area. Sadly, since I live right near a college, Facebook is the most popular Vita application in my area, followed by Uncharted, Unit 13, and Hustle Kings.

Super Stardust Delta is one of my favorites -- purty graphics, short and intense levels, and leaderboard madness. I also played the Lumines demo and loved it. I may even pick up the game today.

What's sort of strange (and awesome) to me is that the Vita doesn't really feel like a handheld -- the labored interface, small screens, and nuetered controls of portable gaming are nowhere to be seen here -- it's a complete gaming experience in the palm of your hand. That might sound like hyperbole, but I've owned almost every handheld since the Gameboy Color.

It is also nice to have a large library of desirable games right off the bat. I can't afford to buy them all, but if I could, I'd buy Marvel Vs Capcom, Hot Shots Golf, Blazblue, Rayman, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus right now. Good stuff, Sony. Keep those games comin'.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

_Bear

hey dude your off my friends list too now, add me again and anyone else who wants to. This thing is amazing I really love it. Both ID's are in my sig.

Cool, I accepted your friend request. Anyone else who wants to, feel free to add me -- FrostyJ. Solid, ignore the invite from my other gamertag, I deleted it.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I put my psp up for sale, lets see where this goes lol.CarnageHeart

Never trade it in to ****stop. Ebay would have likely netted you more and money to boot.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 S0lidSnake

Playing my Vita whenever I get a chance. God damn, it's impressive. People gush about the screen, and for good reason -- it takes up 2/3 of the space on the unit, and it's a pleasure to behold. The most impressive thing to me so far about the Vita is how good it feels in my hands. Whatever missteps Sony took in the past certainly aren't apparent when playing and using the Vita -- it's built for hardcore gaming with careful consideration to comfort, ease-of-use, and enjoyment. I love being able to open and close things in a flash. No more waiting to switch games or applications -- simply press the Playstation button, drag your finger across a screen (which is lightning fast and accurate) and it's DONE. Boom! 1-2 seconds.

Uncharted is fun so far although I'm early. It looks amazing and plays just like the console versions, with some added Vita functionality. I can't say yet how the majority of the game will turn out, but already there's some really cool stuff -- picture taking functionality, solving puzzles, and an interesting trade system built into the Vita's social networking abilities. Also worth noting is playing with headphones provides a very vivid, clear, and LOUD (thank you Sony, for trusting me) sound experience. Speaking of social functionality, Vita's NEAR application craps all over 3DS's "Spotpass" bologna. It tells you the gamertag, playing habits, and profiles of everyone within 2 miles of you. You even get to see the most popular games in your area. Sadly, since I live right near a college, Facebook is the most popular Vita application in my area, followed by Uncharted, Unit 13, and Hustle Kings.

Super Stardust Delta is one of my favorites -- purty graphics, short and intense levels, and leaderboard madness. I also played the Lumines demo and loved it. I may even pick up the game today.

What's sort of strange (and awesome) to me is that the Vita doesn't really feel like a handheld -- the labored interface, small screens, and nuetered controls of portable gaming are nowhere to be seen here -- it's a complete gaming experience in the palm of your hand. That might sound like hyperbole, but I've owned almost every handheld since the Gameboy Color.

It is also nice to have a large library of desirable games right off the bat. I can't afford to buy them all, but if I could, I'd buy Marvel Vs Capcom, Hot Shots Golf, Blazblue, Rayman, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus right now. Good stuff, Sony. Keep those games comin'.

Jbul

Glad you like it. Get a screen protector asap. My screen has gotten so dirty, i probably need to wash it.

lol at the facebook app, funnny thing is that it was broken and Sony pulled it after two dats. Uncharted is the most played game in my area. Over 300 players are playing it. Go ohio!

I am waiting for a price drop on Escape Plan, Hot Shots and Hustle Kings which is surprisingly good. Dont forget Motorstorm RC ($5-$6) and Unit 13 come out next week. Mortal Kombat in April. Gravity Daze and Resitance in May, and LBP in June.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 Jbul

@Solid: Yeah, I hate Facebook. Lolz. I'm gonna see if I can find any of those games used in my area -- almost none of them are traded in. Only thing I could find within 100 miles used was Hot Shots Golf, which is interesting because Hot Shots is a really fun series. I'm impressed as hell by this product and its focus on core gaming. No gimmicks, just quality.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 S0lidSnake

@Solid: Yeah, I hate Facebook. Lolz. I'm gonna see if I can find any of those games used in my area -- almost none of them are traded in. Only thing I could find within 100 miles used was Hot Shots Golf, which is interesting because Hot Shots is a really fun series. I'm impressed as hell by this product and its focus on core gaming. No gimmicks, just quality.

Jbul

Sears has it for $30.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05842080000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=22-205606724-2

but yeah, games are too expenisve. shouldnt be more than $30.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 CarnageHeart

Gravity Rush is hitting June 12th. The developer claims the localization needs that much time but I suspect Sony is just spacing out major releases. Old but really cool trailer at the link.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/29/gravity-rush-floats-to-ps-vita-on-june-12th/

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 S0lidSnake

Wow Near is awesome! I took my vita to work, but couldnt connect to the network there and hence couldnt update Near. Disappointed i took it to a mall during lunch and figured there should be some wifi in the food court. Nothing there either.

BUT

Somehow i come home, update near and it remembered the location of both my workplace and the mall. Not only that, it rememebeed all the players and the gifts they were sharing and I just downloaded me some Katamari ghosts, gifts from Hustle King and that stupid Ninja game ragnaar was playing. How is tihs even possible? I mean I wasn't even connected to the internet. My Vita doesn't have 3G so how did it save the location? What is this next gen demonry!

It also found an unpopulated area along the highway. But then showed ten people in the 2 mile radius. What kinda unpopulated area is this? :P

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Jbul

Wow Near is awesome! I took my vita to work, but couldnt connect to the network there and hence couldnt update Near. Disappointed i took it to a mall during lunch and figured there should be some wifi in the food court. Nothing there either.

BUT

Somehow i come home, update near and it remembered the location of both my workplace and the mall. Not only that, it rememebeed all the players and the gifts they were sharing and I just downloaded me some Katamari ghosts, gifts from Hustle King and that stupid Ninja game ragnaar was playing. How is tihs even possible? I mean I wasn't even connected to the internet. My Vita doesn't have 3G so how did it save the location? What is this next gen demonry!

It also found an unpopulated area along the highway. But then showed ten people in the 2 mile radius. What kinda unpopulated area is this? :P

S0lidSnake

:lol: My 3DS did the same thing -- it communicated with other 3DS's somehow, even when there was no internet in the area. But I'm already much more excited with my Vita than I ever was with my 3DS, and this is 2 days after owning it.

Thanks for the link, by the way. I ended up trading in some dusty 360 games towards Lumines and picking it up for $15.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 _Bear
Yeah this thing is one impressive little machine, it's only getting better, I'm gonna get Unit 13 and Motorstorm RC next week!
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 CarnageHeart

Yeah this thing is one impressive little machine, it's only getting better, I'm gonna get Unit 13 and Motorstorm RC next week!_Bear

Same here. The Golden Abyss team needs to visit the Unit 13 team to learn how to implement aiming mechanics.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 S0lidSnake

Uncharted just keeps getting better. there was a really neat puzzle that made go wow literally. This game feels like a true adventure game, even the cliched treasure mologoues are interesting because the banter between chaee and drake doesnt feel forced. Chase especially is someone u care about because shes not in it for the gold. Anyone who didnt pick up this game made a huge mistake. Bend is showing ND how to do an action adventure game.

EDIT: Fixed SP mistakes. Posting from vita sucks. :P

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="_Bear"]Yeah this thing is one impressive little machine, it's only getting better, I'm gonna get Unit 13 and Motorstorm RC next week!CarnageHeart

Same here. The Golden Abyss team needs to visit the Unit 13 team to learn how to implement aiming mechanics.

Its really not that bad once u get used to it. he gyro aiming is a neat litle touch that works wonders. But i agree, it can definitely be improved.

Everyone is forgetting about sonys best selling franchise this gen which is coming out next week . im talking about MLB the Show ofcourse.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 _Bear
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

Yeah this thing is one impressive little machine, it's only getting better, I'm gonna get Unit 13 and Motorstorm RC next week!_Bear

Its really not that bad once u get used to it. he gyro aiming is a neat litle touch that works wonders. But i agree, it can definitely be improved.

Everyone is forgetting about sonys best selling franchise this gen which is coming out next week . im talking about MLB the Show ofcourse.

No it's not that bad, but Unit 13 aiming is just spot on my type of game too! Did you try the demo? It rocks. I got mine all pre ordered at Amazon and I used 32 dollars in earned Vita credit for so I get it for 8 bucks!
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 _Bear

[QUOTE="_Bear"]Yeah this thing is one impressive little machine, it's only getting better, I'm gonna get Unit 13 and Motorstorm RC next week!CarnageHeart

Hey Carrnage add me we can play some Motorstorm or at least share the ghost data, & whatever else we both have, near is pretty cool Solid and I have traded a few gifts already. tag in my sig.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#398 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Gravity Rush is hitting June 12th. The developer claims the localization needs that much time but I suspect Sony is just spacing out major releases. Old but really cool trailer at the link.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/29/gravity-rush-floats-to-ps-vita-on-june-12th/

CarnageHeart

Ugh. I hate it when Europe always gets shafted like this. They should have announced the Europe release date as well. Hopefully it comes out at the same time as in the US.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

burgeg

Ugh. I hate it when Europe always gets shafted like this. They should have announced the Europe release date as well. Hopefully it comes out at the same time as in the US.

Did you pick up Motorstorm? How is it?
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 CarnageHeart
There is a new Silent Hill game coming out for the Vita? Will it be any good. Will the console one be any good? Will SH be good ever again? :Pdvader654
Pretend it doesn't exist. According to the developer, its an action packed top down multiplayer shooter in which players compete to get the highest score. Konami has **** all over the once awesome Silent Hill franchise. A kart racing game is inevitable.