Half as long, twice as bright - The PS Vita thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1101 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

The Vita version of Origins was awesome, but it sounds like Vita Legends (which didn't ship alongside the console versions and hasn't shipped yet) is gimped (missing some of the cooler bonus levels).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666497

So it's come to our attention in the Rayman Legends and Vita threads that Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions. Specifically all of the "Invasion levels" are missing from the Vita version. These levels are speed run style levels that combine the level layout and enemy layouts of two other levels and challenge you to do them as quickly as possible. They're probably the most challenging content in the game, so it's a real shame that they aren't in there.

Hopefully its being delayed because Ubisoft is fixing the problem but Ubisoft hasn't acknowledged the problem so who knows?

CarnageHeart
That's odd because last time I heard the Vita version was actually getting unique bonus levels...not having them taken way. Something is up there. Maybe they couldn't get them through testing in time so they were cut to be patched back in? I don't really get why they wouldn't have them in.
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1102 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

As most of you are aware, killzone mercenry releases next week. For those looking to pick it up digitaly (as I am), know that the game will take up about 5GB

We really need bigger memory cards :|

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1103 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

The Vita version of Origins was awesome, but it sounds like Vita Legends (which didn't ship alongside the console versions and hasn't shipped yet) is gimped (missing some of the cooler bonus levels).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666497

So it's come to our attention in the Rayman Legends and Vita threads that Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions. Specifically all of the "Invasion levels" are missing from the Vita version. These levels are speed run style levels that combine the level layout and enemy layouts of two other levels and challenge you to do them as quickly as possible. They're probably the most challenging content in the game, so it's a real shame that they aren't in there.

Hopefully its being delayed because Ubisoft is fixing the problem but Ubisoft hasn't acknowledged the problem so who knows?

Articuno76

That's odd because last time I heard the Vita version was actually getting unique bonus levels...not having them taken way. Something is up there. Maybe they couldn't get them through testing in time so they were cut to be patched back in? I don't really get why they wouldn't have them in.

Ubisoft has announced that the missing content will be patched in. Crisis averted :P.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1104 Articuno76

As most of you are aware, killzone mercenry releases next week. For those looking to pick it up digitaly (as I am), know that the game will take up about 5GB

Jehuty08
Last time I checked Vita game cards clocked in somewhere around 4GB. Is this the first one that is using a larger capacity card or am I just misinformed here?
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1105 CarnageHeart

Killzone is coming out to the sort of mixed reviews full Vita games almost inevitably get. The critical consensus is that its the best fps one can play on the road, but some reviewers beat it up for being an fps on a portable/mobile system. Anyway, I skipped the multiplayer beta (I'm getting it for the SP) but here are some nice screenshots culled from the neogaf's KZ thread (its already out in Europe though it won't hit the US until next week).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667601&page=10

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1106 CarnageHeart

Some cool indie announcements. A tactical rpg with FF and Valkyria Chronicles talent working on it named Project Phoenix is hitting the PSV and the PS4. Its fully funded but the Kickstarter is ongoing so we won't be seeing it anytime soon, but it looks promising.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/05/project-phoenix-rising-on-ps4-vita-too/

Project Phoenix is the latest firestorm to rise to heady financial heights on Kickstarter, not least because of the RPG talent on its staff, including revered Final Fantasy music-smith Nobuo Uematsu, FF artist Kiyoshi Arai, and Hiroaki Yura, who's worked on the likes of Diablo 3 and Valkyria Chronicles. Project Phoenix is billed as a fantasy RTS combined with JRPG design, and while we've yet to see any gameplay footage, a recent video (above) gave some indication of how the game's squad-based, tactical combat may play out.

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1107 Jehuty08

[QUOTE="Jehuty08"]

Articuno76

Last time I checked Vita game cards clocked in somewhere around 4GB. Is this the first one that is using a larger capacity card or am I just misinformed here?

the game is about 4GB, but there is a mandatory 1GB patch that you have to install when you start playing

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1108 CarnageHeart

Gamasutra has an interesting interview with Massimo Guarini, the maker of a clever looking indie game named Murasaki Baby (his last job in the industry was directing Shadows of the Damned). He states that after 15 years in the industry he wanted to take a break from big games and make something in the vein of Limbo and Journey. He opted for the Vita because the hardware perfectly fits the game he wants to make and Sony was willing to publish it. He seems pretty big on Sony so this might be the beginning of a long relationship if Murasaki puts up decent numbers.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/199020/Games_for_humans_Shadows_of_the_Damneds_creator_finds_his_calling.php

"I really have to say, it might say obvious, but Sony is actually the only publisher that really cares about innovation, or at least, taking some risks on smaller projects, instead of doing one single big project," he adds. "Kudos to that. Regardless, I'm not the only one being signed by Sony, so I'm really happy about that. And I'm really happy that people are getting into the notion that games can be short, games can be different than just shooters, and games can be enjoyed like pure entertainment like a movie is."

murasaki baby 2.jpg

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1109 Jehuty08

A lot of VITA news coming out of TGS so far

The one I am most exited about is the 64GB memory card

They also have a vita redesign and Vita TV

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1110 CarnageHeart

A new, cheaper Vita model with 1 GB of built in memory but an LCD screen has been announced. Vita owners never fail to use amazing and OLED in the same sentence, so there is a lot of worry that the screen is a downgrade. Sony insists it isn't but shots posted on the Neogaf indicate that it is...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676073

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1111 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
just got my vita today :D
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1112 CarnageHeart

Vita TV immediately sold out in Japan but Sony has announced that right now there are no plans to release it in the US. Makes sense. The Vita in particular and handhelds in general are a much bigger deal in Japan (most Japanese developers focus more on handhelds than they do on consoles).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-has-no-plans-to-launch-ps-vita-tv-in-us-europe-6414394

According to a report from Nikkei's Tech Onblog, House told a group of journalists following Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show event this week that the PS Vita TV will be released first in Asian markets, including Japan, China, and South Korea.

Western markets will be left out, though no rationale was provided.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1113 CarnageHeart

just got my vita today :DThe_Last_Ride

If you love Double Dragon style games and rpgs, get Dragon's Crown now and thank me later :).

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1114 CarnageHeart

Here is a gorgeous jrpg named Over My Dead Body 2 I stumbled across in the Neogaf. Hasn't been announced for US release, but when asked on twitter, Yoshida said its so gorgeous he'd have a heart attack if it didn't hit the US so odds are high. Day 1 for me. Lots more screenshots at the link below.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675909

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1115 CarnageHeart

Gamespot has a Vita heavy article about Sony's successful indie outreach. Sony might want to rethink their dropping of the amazing OLED.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/sonys-strengthening-relationship-with-independent-developers-6414336/

For Yu, the intrinsic appeal of having a pick-up-and-play adventure like Spelunky on a handheld made it an obvious choice to port over. Some developers gravitate toward the Vita's other strengths. Tyrone Rodriguez, produce at Nicalis and developer of Aban Hawkins & the 1,001 Spikes and Legend of Raven, is enamored by the hardware. "Once you see something running on it, the screen is incredible. If you put this screen next to anything, even a $4,000 TV, this is better, because it's OLED, and most developers are techies." Neuse had a similar feeling. "As far as indie developers go, it's a great fit. The hardware is good; it's got a great screen. I think Spelunky looks really good on it. And cross play." Clearly, Sony has constructed something that catches the fancy of those who like state-of-the-art technology.

------------

As Sony lures indie developers to its handheld, it's slowly providing a worthy alternative to the ubiquitous smartphones that so many people spend their gaming time using. One of the strength of those platforms is the variety of affordable games in their stores, and the Vita is mirroring that philosophy. It may be sacrilegious to even hint that console manufacturers are squaring off against the mobile realm, but people have limited time and money, so it's important that Sony is making the Vita appealing to people outside of its core demographic. Plus, as a dedicated gaming platform, it has major advantages over devices limited to touch-screen controls. Rodriguez said, "I still think there's going to be a number of players who are going to buy this machine because it's a better experience than pulling out my iPhone and not knowing where I'm pushing."

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1116 Jehuty08

A new, cheaper Vita model with 1 GB of built in memory but an LCD screen has been announced. Vita owners never fail to use amazing and OLED in the same sentence, so there is a lot of worry that the screen is a downgrade. Sony insists it isn't but shots posted on the Neogaf indicate that it is...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676073

CarnageHeart

God, I didnt think it would be that bad. If the 2000 had a HDMI out option, I would have picked it up, but oh well.

just got my vita today :DThe_Last_Ride

Welcome to the club :D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1117 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]just got my vita today :DCarnageHeart

If you love Double Dragon style games and rpgs, get Dragon's Crown now and thank me later :).

i need to get a bigger memory card first :P
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1118 CarnageHeart

Gravity Rush 2 trailer. I poured a ton of time into the original and my daughters still play it regularly. The video shows off a new location and hints (via Kat's glowing hands) at a new power. I would have embedded the video, but it isn't working for me...

Team Siren is now Team Gravity so perhaps we will see a lot more of Kat in the future. Gifs stolen from GAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681249

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlMbfOA1zxo

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1119 CarnageHeart

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut hits PSN today. Its sounds to me kind of like Silent Hill with 16 bit graphics but I've never played it, so maybe I'm way off.

Here's a link to the GS review of the original, which is in line with most of the other reviews. Their only big issue was a crappy mapping system which made getting around harder than it needed to be. Cool trailer at the second link.

http://www.gamespot.com/lone-survivor/reviews/lone-survivor-review-6374889/

Dealing with hunger and fatigue is the primary and ever-present challenge of Lone Survivor, but it's not just food and sleep that you can use to stave them off. You're also presented early on with a variety of pills, from an unknown "benefactor." Red pills can be used to reduce the need for sleep, while green and blue pills can be taken before sleeping to induce dream sequences. These sequences reveal interesting story information and can even yield items for you to use in the real world, but they can also have significant long-term effects on sanity and durability down the line. Drugs are mysteriously replenished at a stash location in the main character's bathroom, but while drug use is a great way to examine aspects of Lone Survivor that you might not see otherwise, you can complete the game without taking pills--so you have to make a clear decision about what you want to do with the pills you get.

Here's a description of the enhancements from the PS Blog.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/20/lone-survivor-the-directors-cut-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-release-date-announced/

Jasper describes the game as a Psychological Survival Adventure. It has all the hallmarks of classic survival horror games high on atmosphere and low on available sources of ammunition. Players can choose to use stealth or firepower to deal with the monsters in Lone Survivor. Depending on player choices, the game can play out very differently, with many optional scenes and different endings.

For the PlayStation version, we started with simple upgrades, like adding touch support on Vita and improving the lighting system and things spiralled from there! Weve added over twenty new items, new endings, and new game locations. All of them have been designed by Jasper, and all of them are made to expand on the original game seamlessly.

And last but not least, there is a nice trailer at the link. It costs 13 bucks and change for non PS Plus members, 12 bucks and change for PS Plus members (don't see why the developer didn't settle on 10 or 15 dollars). I'm going to take a break from Dragon's Crown and pick this up this week.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-24-lone-survivor-the-directors-cut-is-out-today-on-ps3-and-vita

9842324294_6455f40654_z.jpg

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1120 The_Last_Ride
Thinking of perhaps getting Superstardust HD for my Vita
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1122 CarnageHeart

Thinking of perhaps getting Superstardust HD for my VitaThe_Last_Ride

It plays and looks as good as its PS3 counterpart but the (thankfully optional) touchscreen functionality doesn't add anything IMHO.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1123 CarnageHeart

Much of the Over My Dead Body 2 trailer is incomprehensible to us non-Japanese speakers, but the combat in this jrpg looks exciting and the graphics are gorgeous. I really hope this crosses the Pacific.

When searching for screenshots, I came across an interesting English language interview. Your character only lives a maximum of two years and then his quest is taken up by his or her children (who only live two years). This can go on for up to a 1000 generations. The developers stated that fan requests played a large role in shaping the game.

Fan feedback has been a crucial part of developing Over My Dead Body 2. Since the release of Over My Dead Bodys PSP remake, Sony have gathered input from questionnaires, various social media networks such Twitter, mixi, and even from those on the Japanese 2channel discussion boards.

Masuda shares that they have a thick stack of papers that are full of fan requests. For every request that has been mentioned by three or more people, the development team puts it into a list of considerations, which are then examined thoroughly. 4Gamer then asks what some of the most common requests were.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/20/over-my-dead-body-2-director-shares-details-on-the-upcoming-vita-rpg/#XqUlHBLOJefVGupd.99

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/09/24/tgs-over-my-dead-body-2-trailer-japanese

01610.jpg

0267.jpg

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1124 Articuno76

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash has been topping most anticipated charts in Japan for a while now. It lead the upcoming Vita software montage at TGS.  And now itis finally out in Japan.  So is it any good?  Well, reviews from users are in and the users have spoken: it sucks.

Longtime 'Trails Of' fans have been put off the series and many are returning the game.

What could have gone so wrong you ask?  Well, the frequent and incredibly long load times.  We are talking 10-30 seconds of loading just to load a room (in a house that you are already in).  If you want to get from the 2nd floor of a house to the outside it takes almost 2 minutes (only around 7-8 seconds of which are actually gameplay).  The game is broken up into small areas which makes the frequency of the loads frequent.  

The loading times are not only long but they are simple fade outs. Just when you think the game loads you get a 'Now Loading' message and left to wait some more.  Many users have commented that it 'seems like the game is loading 'Now Loading''.

We are expecting a patch in a few days to fix the issues but the consensus seems to be that the game was not released in a state fit for purchase.  Load issues aside the game also has frame-rate issues even when there isn't all that much happening. There is also doubt as to how much the patch can improve things (the PS3 version has a mandatory install and is still really slow, though not as insanely long as the Vita version).

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1127 CarnageHeart

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash has been topping most anticipated charts in Japan for a while now. It lead the upcoming Vita software montage at TGS. And now itis finally out in Japan. So is it any good? Well, reviews from users are in and the users have spoken: it sucks.

Longtime 'Trails Of' fans have been put off the series and many are returning the game.

What could have gone so wrong you ask? Well, the frequent and incredibly long load times. We are talking 10-30 seconds of loading just to load a room (in a house that you are already in). If you want to get from the 2nd floor of a house to the outside it takes almost 2 minutes (only around 7-8 seconds of which are actually gameplay). The game is broken up into small areas which makes the frequency of the loads frequent.

The loading times are not only long but they are simple fade outs. Just when you think the game loads you get a 'Now Loading' message and left to wait some more. Many users have commented that it 'seems like the game is loading 'Now Loading''.

We are expecting a patch in a few days to fix the issues but the consensus seems to be that the game was not released in a state fit for purchase. Load issues aside the game also has frame-rate issues even when there isn't all that much happening. There is also doubt as to how much the patch can improve things (the PS3 version has a mandatory install and is still really slow, though not as insanely long as the Vita version).

Articuno76

That's disappointing. Thanks for the warning.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1128 Articuno76

[QUOTE="Articuno76"]

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash has been topping most anticipated charts in Japan for a while now. It lead the upcoming Vita software montage at TGS. And now itis finally out in Japan. So is it any good? Well, reviews from users are in and the users have spoken: it sucks.

What could have gone so wrong you ask? Well, the frequent and incredibly long load times. We are talking 10-30 seconds of loading just to load a room (in a house that you are already in). If you want to get from the 2nd floor of a house to the outside it takes almost 2 minutes (only around 7-8 seconds of which are actually gameplay). The game is broken up into small areas which makes the frequency of the loads frequent.

The loading times are not only long but they are simple fade outs. Just when you think the game loads you get a 'Now Loading' message and left to wait some more. Many users have commented that it 'seems like the game is loading 'Now Loading''.

We are expecting a patch in a few days to fix the issues but the consensus seems to be that the game was not released in a state fit for purchase. Load issues aside the game also has frame-rate issues even when there isn't all that much happening. There is also doubt as to how much the patch can improve things (the PS3 version has a mandatory install and is still really slow, though not as insanely long as the Vita version).

CarnageHeart

That's disappointing. Thanks for the warning.

Update: The developer's Twitter representative has gone on record to say that they expect the patch to be up for download around next weekend.

Apparently it is being held up because of 'checks' and 'Sony'. To me that sounds like the patch is done and has being sent off to Sony for QA.

Still, I wonder just how much a patch could fix it.  Even the PS3 version (which is not getting a patch) has massive load times (mandatory install).  It's quite baffling how a game so technically modest (to put it nicely) can have loading issues like this.

Update 2: The patch has been confirmed for release on the 3rd October.  Interstingly the developer has called it the 'first patch', suggesting more are on the way.  I am guessing Sony's revisions have made it possible for small developers to add minor patches instead of waiting.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1129 CarnageHeart

Here's a stage demo of Media Molecule's Tearaway. The whole thing is charming and worth watching, but if time is a consideration, I recommend fast forwarding to the 7:20 mark (the first battle scene), the 12:10 mark (the character using bouncepads and playing basketball with gophers), at the 15 minute mark one sees the player manipulating the environment with his finger. at the 15:45 mark one sees the many ways players can customize the messenger, at 21:41 one sees the player cutting a crown out of multiple pieces of paper (first cutting a yellow crown shape, then cutting out a pink square for a jewel). At one point you get a camera and MM explains that the player can buy (using in game currency earned by defeating enemies) various lens for it. With the camera you can run around in first person, though the only thing you shoot is photos.

Its really cool how the scraps react to the player's finger poking through the world. If you finger comes up under a scrap it throws them into the air (at around the 10 minute mark one slams into the screen of the Vita).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687533

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPk_kqHMXqs

ps-vita-tearaway.jpg

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1130 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

New Vita owner here. I've had my eye on one for a while so when I saw a Killzone Mercenary bundle for what seemed to be a reasonable price I thought why not. I'm having a great time with it too - knifing men in the crotch is super fun.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1131 The_Last_Ride
I need to get my hands on Killzone Mercenary
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1132 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I need to get my hands on Killzone MercenaryThe_Last_Ride

I would recommend it; Guerrilla Cambridge have done a great job of providing an authentic Killzone experience on a handheld. Also, just to reiterate, knifing men in the crotch = awesome (althoug not for them, obviously).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1133 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I need to get my hands on Killzone MercenaryBusiness_Fun

I would recommend it; Guerrilla Cambridge have done a great job of providing an authentic Killzone experience on a handheld. Also, just to reiterate, knifing men in the crotch = awesome (althoug not for them, obviously).

If i have the money this month, then i am going to get it
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#1134 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Over my Dead Body 2 Looks really nice. I'm finally getting a Vita at Christmas. Already have Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Little King's Story. Going to pick up Persona, Soul Sacrifice and possibly Ragnarok to start with.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1135 CarnageHeart

Here's a very interesting and very lengthy interview with Shuhei Yoshida. He left open the door to Vita TV hitting the West and stated that OLED Vita would continue to coexist with the new LCD Vita. Lots more at the link.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-10-02-shuhei-yoshida-vita-vita-tv-and-sonys-future

Q: What do you see as the difference between the Asian market and the North American or European market that makes PS Vita more sensible for Asia but not for those other markets - at least at the start?

Shuhei Yoshida: Vita TV is a very versatile device. There are so many different things that that small device can do, and there are quite distinct usage and distinct consumer targets that we can pursue. The market situation is very different between Japan and the Western market in terms of whether it's a portable market, whether it's a console market... Especially the situation with Vita in Japan right now is quite healthy. Lots of new titles have been announced and we're launching the new hardware here first. The messaging and the targeting have to be carefully planned - that's why we decided not to go global with one message. We'll tailor our message and focus first on the Japanese market where the Vita is most active.

-------

Q: One of the things that every review of the original PS Vita loved was the screen, and you've changed that in the new model. What was the reasoning for that? Was it a cost problem?

Shuhei Yoshida: The quality of LCDs is increasing very rapidly - you can talk to media people who cover gadgets, and they know that LCD has made huge advancements. When we chose OLED for the launch of PS Vita, we really wanted to have a great display and we're proud of what we have on the original PS Vita - but when our engineers approached the second generation, there were a lot more options on the LCD side. We worked with LCD vendors and got their latest and greatest, and we're very happy with the quality of the screen.

LCD has other benefits. You talked about the cost, but it's not just cost - new Vita is much thinner and lighter, and being LCD helps us to achieve that.

People in Japan in particular like things that are thinner and lighter - it's always surprising when I talk to people, especially American people, and they say "original PS Vita is perfect for me - if it gets thinner, it may not hold as well!" or something. They don't mind at all, which is quite interesting.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1136 CarnageHeart

Finally getting around to Lone Survivor Director's Cut and I'm really impressed. Its like 2D Silent Hill with a survival element (you work out of your apartment, and you need to go back there to sleep and cook food, though there is less nutricious food that doesn't have to be cooked to be edible and there is food that one doesn't cook). Batteries are limited so even if a monster isn't around you don't want to just walk around with your flashlight on (if you do, you may find yourself forced to walk in darkness, which translates into running into enemies and missing small objects).

Its filled with cool touches like the fact that map visibility is contingent upon lighting (which sounds basic, but isn't the sort of thing one sees often), the strange people your character meets and the weird dreams he has. I don't know what the dreams are tied to (possibly the drugs your character can take in order to suppress hunger, help him sleep or give him an energy boost, possibly mission progress, possibly both) but they are always random, creepy and insane. The graphics are 2D and highly pixalated but the audio is first class (very reminiscent of Silent Hill). Konami could (and has done) worse than hire this guy as a sort of writer/codesigner for the SH games.

I'll put some of the screenshots I've taken in this post a little later but this is a great game survival horror fans should check out.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1137 CarnageHeart

The deluxe edition of Injustice Gods Among Us hits the Vita next month. It supposedly boasts all of the content (including the DLC) of the console versions and maintains the 60 fps framerate of the console version as well. No screenshots just yet but I'll keep my eyes open.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/07/injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-coming-to-ps-vita-on-november-12th/

10092255423_310f64844f_z.jpg

The PS3 version has beautiful lighting, destructible environments, and most importantly 60 FPS fighting. We worked tirelessly to bring this experience to the handheld, and pulled out all the stops to push the PS Vita as hard as we could to make all of the above happen.

In addition to all of this, weve included ad-hoc multiplayer, traditional multiplayer over wifi, and touch controls to Story Mode and various S.T.A.R. Labs Missions.

Also, since this is the Ultimate Edition, the game will include all downloadable content that was released for the console edition.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1139 CarnageHeart

@dvader654: Its cool that you remember this thread. Feel free to post further impressions (or re-post these) in version 2.0 of the Vita thread.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/ps-vita-thread-2-0-twice-as-bright-just-as-long-30847245/?page=2

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1140 Articuno76

Final Fantasy X HD is finally out in Japan. The Amazon reviews are largely encouraging, suggesting that it is a good quality conversation. There are some rough edges but it appears that is the result of faithfully using the source material rather than a port botch.

Knowing that I felt confident to buy the digital version of the game. Props to Play-Asia for their reasonably well priced PSN points cards and fast (a few seconds) delivery of the codes.

SE has been very tight lipped about showing the Vita version so in a few hours I will be sure to upload genuine screenshots from the Vita version courtesy of the Vita's screenshot function : )

Oh and since I'm at it, Merry Christmas! Hope you Vita players got something good.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1141 Articuno76

I made a separate thread for FFXHD Vita xcreens/impression as the post is a little too big for this place.