This topic is locked from further discussion.

VanillaSkyeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VanillaSkyeXXX
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16362

Good idea? I think so.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
they should compete with halo 3 and put pressure on halo 3 to change
VanillaSkyeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VanillaSkyeXXX

It could be a smart move. Think of it in terms of movies going head to head in the same openning weekend. What if Spiderman 3 openned up the same Friday as Shrek 3 did. They would hurt each other. That's what happened in 1989 with Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan and Nightmare: The Dream Child. They were both so hyped up and they openned the same day and killed each other. They split the profits.

I know they're on two different systems, but why take the chance? If they release GTAIV a few weeks later, everyone will get another paycheck and get that on a day when nothing else comes out. Especially the 360 owners. 

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Eh I didn't know they had a collector edition going. I'm quite surprised though that they're thinking of changing the release date b/c of Halo3, GTA is gonna sell alot nonetheless.

PS. I'd like to see GTAIV collector's edition box art, Ninja Gaiden's Sigma CE looks awesome. OMG! 20GB PS3 available at Ebgames right now! still too expensive to justify the price tag for me though:P

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts
Eh I didn't know they had a collector edition going. I'm quite surprised though that they're thinking of changing the release date b/c of Halo3, GTA is gonna sell alot nonetheless.

PS. I'd like to see GTAIV collector's edition box art, Ninja Gaiden's Sigma CE looks awesome. OMG! 20GB PS3 available at Ebgames right now! still too expensive to justify the price tag for me though:PD3s7rUc71oN

They're not thinking about it, these are all just ramblings of a clueless analyst. Release the Collector's Edition two weeks before the regular? I can't believe people get payed for crap like this.

Speaking of the Grand Theft Auto IV Collector's Edition:

The game will come bundled with a limited edition Rockstar duffel bag and a book containing "never-before-seen production artwork" from the game. Also included will be an audio CD with selections from soundtrack of the game, which is set during the present day.

All the aforementioned goodies will come inside the GTA IV SE's oddest extra, a fully lockable metal safety deposit box. The bundle will also contain a special keychain with keys to access said lockbox.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
The extras goodies look good and most likely I'll get the CE, but damn I don't like the trend of publishers selling popular games special editions at a very high price, starting with Halo 3's LE...
VanillaSkyeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VanillaSkyeXXX
[QUOTE="VanillaSkyeXXX"]

It could be a smart move. Think of it in terms of movies going head to head in the same openning weekend. What if Spiderman 3 openned up the same Friday as Shrek 3 did. They would hurt each other. That's what happened in 1989 with Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan and Nightmare: The Dream Child. They were both so hyped up and they openned the same day and killed each other. They split the profits.

I know they're on two different systems, but why take the chance? If they release GTAIV a few weeks later, everyone will get another paycheck and get that on a day when nothing else comes out. Especially the 360 owners.

dvader654

They were never coming out at the same time, it was already about a month apart, they are thinking of pushing it back even more. That doesn't bother me at all, its the thought of them releasing the special edition only early, but there is no chance they would do that right... well seeing how this gen has been going I guess it shouldn't surprise me. I don't think its going to happen though.

Actually they were both coming out in Sept. I worked at Gamestop. A week apart still counts as 'the same time.'

spiltmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 spiltmilk
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

Meh, GTA games have gotten boring. Same missions over and over.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16362

Good idea? I think so.

VanillaSkyeXXX
No if there delaying it's not cause of halo GTA 13-15 million sold of each game since GTA 3 why is it affraid of Halo 3? GTA will outsell it.