GTA 6 in 2022, Vice City setting, female lead?

• 96 results
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

According to rumours reported by YouTube show The Know, an ‘inside source’ has claimed that the next GTA game may be getting a 2022 release date, a Vice City setting and a female lead character. Full story below.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/927945/GTA-6-release-date-GTA-5-Online-Rockstar-Games-PS5-news-Vice-City?utm_source=applenews

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

According to rumours reported by YouTube show The Know, an ‘inside source’ has claimed that the next GTA game may be getting a 2022 release date, a Vice City setting and a female lead character. Full story below.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/927945/GTA-6-release-date-GTA-5-Online-Rockstar-Games-PS5-news-Vice-City?utm_source=applenews

I believe that as much as I believe Santa is real.

But good try and the shitty youtuber got his 15min

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Starshine_M2A2

@Jacanuk: Wow, that was awfully hostile. Did you have a bad day?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jacanuk

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@Jacanuk: Wow, that was awfully hostile. Did you have a bad day?

Eh?

I did mean good try as to the youtuber who clearly made the video to get hits on his channel, not as to you posting this.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

its already being reported elsewhere.

How to use the Internet:

When someone posts a questionable story

1. open up a new browser

2. type in the keywords of the story

3. see what you find.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacanuk

@tryit said:

How to use the Internet:

1. open up a new browser

3. see what you find.

Considering everyone is referring to the same initial fake source, you could have 100000000000000000000 hits in google and it would still not matter.

Also not forgetting that it´s not too long ago Rockstar themselves said that as far as GTA VI, they are still researching locations and if anything they are known for their pretty tight ship. So someone suddenly "leaking" the core intel is as likely as Santa being real.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

How to use the Internet:

1. open up a new browser

3. see what you find.

Considering everyone is referring to the same initial fake source, you could have 100000000000000000000 hits in google and it would still not matter.

Also not forgetting that it´s not too long ago Rockstar themselves said that as far as GTA VI, they are still researching locations and if anything they are known for their pretty tight ship. So someone suddenly "leaking" the core intel is as likely as Santa being real.

dude...I literally did what I said above and found 4 different sources, including VG 24/7

and what part of it exactly is unbelievable?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

How to use the Internet:

1. open up a new browser

3. see what you find.

dude...I literally did what I said above and found 4 different sources, including VG 24/7

Try reading the sources they all refer back to the same initial fake source.

And which part is unbelievable? lol, are you serious? do you really think some youtuber who have zero credibility other than "predicting" dark souls 3 which was more obvious than Trump wearing hair implants? would get an inside scoop.

But it´s not that hard to guess where the next GTA may take place considering that GTA has a limited amount of locations they would consider, We had GTA IV in Liberty City, V in Los Santos and Vice City is from 06.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

How to use the Internet:

1. open up a new browser

3. see what you find.

Try reading the sources they all refer back to the same initial fake source.

And which part is unbelievable? lol, are you serious? do you really think some youtuber who have zero credibility other than "predicting" dark souls 3 which was more obvious than Trump wearing hair implants? would get an inside scoop.

There is gullible and then there is gullible.

ok first off lets step back on several things

1. I never said the story was true...I just said there are a lot of other news outlets that are reporting (which means its worth looking more into)

2. why is your default assumption is that its not true? is because of the location selected?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

i'm all for avoiding yearly release cycles in the interest of quality but can't help feel nearly 10 years between instalments is a teensy bit too long

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jacanuk

@Macutchi said:

i'm all for avoiding yearly release cycles in the interest of quality but can't help feel nearly 10 years between instalments is a teensy bit too long

Vice City was in 06, GTA IV was in 08 and GTA V was in 13

So 7 years is not that much longer than the span between GTA IV and V

And they do have RDR 2 coming up "next year".

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2: dont mind jaCUCK.

He is spineless

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@Macutchi said:

you like to just argue, take any side no matter and I know what your response will be so save it..;)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Macutchi said:

you like to just argue, take any side no matter and I know what your response will be so save it..;)

Funny, but hey you can believe this all you want.

We will see after RDR 2 comes out and at E3 19

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Macutchi said:

so the year of the release is not the unbelievable part.

so its the location that is unbelievable?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Macutchi said:

As I said the credibility of the youtuber is the problem. It´s pretty obvious that he is just making some guesses and his "inside source" is bogus.

As to the information, well they are good guesses and everything is plausible even the female lead. Despite the fact that Rockstar is not a developer that lays down to the PC culture.

You can always go read https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/17/grand-theft-auto-5-gta-dan-houser-interview

Here Dan houser pretty much lays out what may come.

"There are so many games we'd like to make that we just don't have the bandwidth to make at the moment. But we always think, well the future is long and varied, and that's what the future's for. Speaking for myself – and normally I'd be as militant about saying 'we' as much as possible, because it certainly isn't only me at all, thank god – but my own personal feeling is that GTA is America. With this game, I think, we're very happy with the location. It let us do something iconic.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

As I said the credibility of the youtuber is the problem. It´s pretty obvious that he is just making some guesses and his "inside source" is bogus.

As to the information, well they are good guesses and everything is plausible even the female lead. Despite the fact that Rockstar is not a developer that lays down to the PC culture.

You can always go read https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/17/grand-theft-auto-5-gta-dan-houser-interview

"There are so many games we'd like to make that we just don't have the bandwidth to make at the moment. But we always think, well the future is long and varied, and that's what the future's for. Speaking for myself – and normally I'd be as militant about saying 'we' as much as possible, because it certainly isn't only me at all, thank god – but my own personal feeling is that GTA is America. With this game, I think, we're very happy with the location. It let us do something iconic.

'..and even the female lead'..lol

the reason I think it might be fake is because of the location.

but the entire point of me illustrating that the news had gotten some legs is because 100% of why you think its fake is 100% because of the source and nothing more.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

but the entire point of me illustrating that the news had gotten some legs is because 100% of why you think its fake is 100% because of the source and nothing more.

Well, considering the nature of GTA and the things you can do in it, a female lead would require a rethink to some core game mechanics. So that is also a reason why I don´t trust this youtuber. Not to mention his claim that it would do South America. Dan houser clearly stated that GTA is America meaning the country, not the continent

As to the location, that is actually pretty plausible, they won't do Los Santos again since we have GTA V and going back to Liberty City would be kinda "Meh" so it´s either a new city or Vice City.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

Well, considering the nature of GTA and the things you can do in it, a female lead would require a rethink to some core game mechanics. So that is also a reason why I don´t trust this youtuber. Not to mention his claim that it would do South America. Dan houser clearly stated that GTA is America meaning the country, not the continent

As to the location, that is actually pretty plausible, they won't do Los Santos again since we have GTA V and going back to Liberty City would be kinda "Meh" so it´s either a new city or Vice City.

no it would not require you to change the core mechanics to have a female lead.

two lead characters, switch back and forth, both shoot a bunch of stuff.

simple.

(my brain read south Africa which is why I thought the location was trolling but I see its not africa so I retract that)

the content of the claim is all 100% believable to me

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Macutchi

@Jacanuk said:
@Macutchi said:

i know it's not that much longer, it's still too long though. at least they gave us episodes from liberty city in 09 to tide us over

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#21 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

They'll never have a female lead - they won't allow a woman to be violent. It's only men who are portrayed as utter psychopaths in this series.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Starshine_M2A2

@so_hai: What about Catalina? And Mary Anne? They were both quite completely insane.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Do you think they could do this. Record dialogue for male and female so you can be whatever you want?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Artistically and for a change of pace, I would like to see a female protagonist. Maybe a hispanic woman? They've done white American, white East European, Black Californian, a New Yorker type. Would be cool to get Michelle Rodriguez to voice/model her, I love that lady.

Don't really care about the location. Would be nice to take it out of the US, though. A European-style city would be cool or, if they want to keep it inline with my above-hoped-for-hispanic lead, maybe Central or South America?

I don't think either of those options would appeal too well to the "bro" culture that generally surrounds games like GTA; I don't think the gaming community is as toxic as people think, but I do think that a lot of people would be turned off by a female lead. Then again, it's GTA and who doesn't buy GTA, amirite?!

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#25 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2: I'm not sure. But were they main characters? Were they violent like say, Trevor?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I could see them having a female character in there as a lead and I think that it would be a nice change as well.

Would like to see a return to the Vice City location too.

As for the date that seems a bit too far off for me. I could see a late 2020 release.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacanuk

@so_hai said:

@Starshine_M2A2: I'm not sure. But were they main characters? Were they violent like say, Trevor?

No one was as bad as Trevor.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Starshine_M2A2

@so_hai: Catalina was bad. She was a violent, sadistic sociopath who killed people at will. In San Andreas especially, she was sadomasochistic towards CJ and hinted at a traumatic childhood. I’d she she’s on par with Trevor - it’s just that we spent a lot more time with him. Catalina only had small roles in 3 and SA.

Mary Anne isn’t shown to be violent but her behaviour is most definitely psychotic, having a strong hatred of men.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

The lead should be someone like Queen Latifah. Very likeable, but she could pull it off as kingpin of moderate crime family. Well, queenpin.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

I wouldn't mind going back to Vice City and I'd definitely be down for a female lead. You can make female characters in GTA Online so it's not like it'd be impossible.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

As long as they stick to the formula of Grand theft auto series. Where you can run amok, destroy and kill everyone and everything. Or play the game "by the book" and complete the story missions, side quests. Or just horse around and wreck havoc.

Since Thelma and Louise work as of move. Have the GTA woman "snap and seek revenge" after being betrayed by the mob boss. Or something to that effect.

It could work if done correctly. But the lead female has to be relatable to the mostly teenage male fanbase of GTA. otherwise the game will bomb at retail. In the same way Star Wars the last Jedi was a huge disappointment to Star Wars fan base. It would be interesting to see if RockStar could pull this off without crippling/killing the GTA franchise.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Macutchi

catalina's probably my most disliked gta character ever. if they were deliberately trying to make her loathsome then... mission accomplished. just thinking about that scratch-nails-down-a-blackboard voice still makes me shudder.

if r* continue with the more than one protagonist system - which i thought was great, so hopefully they will - i'd be happy with a female lead, as long as it's not some unbearable stereotype that panders to the feminist sjw types

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TryIt

@Macutchi said:

catalina's probably my most disliked gta character ever. if they were deliberately trying to make her loathsome then... mission accomplished. just thinking about that scratch-nails-down-a-blackboard voice still makes me shudder.

if r* continue with the more than one protagonist system - which i thought was great, so hopefully they will - i'd be happy with a female lead, as long as it's not some unbearable stereotype that panders to the feminist sjw types

stereotypes is all GTA ever does.

mostly its around male bravado but its still stereotypes all the time

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Macutchi

@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:

to varying degrees. some stereotypes are more bearable than others though

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

female, black, lesbian

did I miss anything?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TryIt

@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:

A stereo type of excessive violence is more tolerable then what exactly?

complaining about being hit?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Macutchi

@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:

what are you wittering on about tryit?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt

@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:

what is the stereotype of the lead roles in GTA

what is the stereotype of the women roles in GTA

you

tell

me

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Macutchi

@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:

you

tell

me

why? what's that got to do with anything i said?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TryIt

@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:

you

tell

me

lets take a look at the opening scene of Trevor.

what is the stereotype of Trevor with the prostitute?

what is the stereotype of the woman complaining about you being late?

hmmmmm

any lights going off at all?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk

@thereal25 said:

female, black, lesbian

did I miss anything?

Transgender, feminist, no violence, vegan

GTA should become a tree-hugging game where it´s about love and hugging trees with a black/latino transgender queer female lead who came from Mexico as an illegal immigrant. Oh and not forgetting her Asian male friend who is trying to become a raccoon.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Macutchi

@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:
@tryit said:

you

tell

me

lets take a look at the opening scene of Trevor.

what is the stereotype of Trevor with the prostitute?

what is the stereotype of the woman complaining about you being late?

hmmmmm

any lights going off at all?

absolutely no idea what you're going on about. not sure you do either

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@thereal25 said:

female, black, lesbian

did I miss anything?

GTA should become a tree-hugging game where it´s about love and hugging trees with a black/latino transgender queer female lead who came from Mexico as an illegal immigrant. Oh and not forgetting her Asian male friend who is trying to become a raccoon.

so here is the thing.

the vast majority of video games are hyper violent, most of video game characters are hyper violent. most of the sterotypes by a large margin are of killing, millitary, abuse, anger etc.

injecting ONE character who is not any of those things is not the end of the world

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@thereal25 said:

female, black, lesbian

did I miss anything?

so here is the thing.

the vast majority of video games are hyper violent, most of video game characters are hyper violent. most of the sterotypes by a large margin are of killing, millitary, abuse, anger etc.

injecting ONE character who is not any of those things is not the end of the world

Making GTA something it´s not is the end of the line for that game.

Sure GTA may survive if they alter the recipe, but there is a reason why a game sells 80mill copies and still years after launch sits at the top of every software sales list.

So some people may think hey it will be fine to alter the core concept, but look at Ubisoft and Assassins Creed, Syndicate was a fiasco and that was after they changed the concept. Of course, that is not including the fatigue from yearly releases.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@thereal25 said:

female, black, lesbian

did I miss anything?

so here is the thing.

Sure GTA may survive if they alter the recipe, but there is a reason why a game sells 80mill copies and still years after launch sits at the top of every software sales list.

So some people may think hey it will be fine to alter the core concept, but look at Ubisoft and Assassins Creed, Syndicate was a fiasco and that was after they changed the concept. Of course, that is not including the fatigue from yearly releases.

like I said, making one character a woman who asks not to be slapped is not the end of the world.

get over it

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@thereal25 said:

female, black, lesbian

did I miss anything?

so here is the thing.

like I said, making one character a woman who asks not to be slapped is not the end of the world.

get over it

But clearly they're catering to the sjw movement that foolishly insists there's a 50/50 male/female representation in everything.

I mean, we're talking about mob bosses and violent gang members here. How many real life female mob bosses have you heard of. And what percentage of the gang members are female?

That said, I agree - it's not the end of the world - if anything it's just a bit of laugh.

haneetsinghp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By haneetsinghp
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

@thereal25: The wait is too..long.. so take a look on these Games Like GTA - https://www.ytechb.com/games-like-gta-pc-ps4-xbox-android/

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

For me if they go back to Vice it has to set in the 80's again or it loses it's appeal. I would set it in 88 or 89 and as far as the female lead I don't have a issue with it. I just think it's going to be a real challenge I don't know if they could pull it off.